The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

We lost the fight

Forums General Melanoma Community We lost the fight

Participant

My husband Charles died yesterday morning, I was thinking he was having a bit more sleep it is hard to get to doctor's appointments.  I hate this disease, please say a prayer he is in a happier pain free place.

Rita

Viewing 89 reply threads
    • Replies
        momof4boys
        Participant

So, so sorry to hear about your loss. I hate melanoma! I will certainly pray for you and just know you will be with your beloved once again.

momof4boys
          Participant

So, so sorry to hear about your loss. I hate melanoma! I will certainly pray for you and just know you will be with your beloved once again.

momof4boys
            Participant

blessd4x
              Participant

Im so sorry to hear of your loss.  God bless you and your husband. 

R

yazziemac
                  Participant

I'm so sorry to hear of this.  I lost my husband to melanoma almost 2 years ago and I want to encourage you that you will get through this, painful though it is. 

yazziemac
                    Participant

I'm so sorry to hear of this.  I lost my husband to melanoma almost 2 years ago and I want to encourage you that you will get through this, painful though it is. 

yazziemac
                      Participant

blessd4x
                      Participant

R

blessd4x
                        Participant

R

Nemesis
                          Participant
                            I am very sorry. May he rest in peace. I hope you can find comfort to help you through these difficult times.
                            Nemesis
                            Participant
                              I am very sorry. May he rest in peace. I hope you can find comfort to help you through these difficult times.
                              Nemesis
                              Participant
                                Shaneswife
                                Participant
                                  I’m so sorry Rita. My deepest condolences.
                                  Shaneswife
                                  Participant
                                    Shaneswife
                                    Participant
                                      Patrisa
                                      Participant

Dear Rita,

I'm soo sorry for your loss… 

Patrisa

Patrisa
                                        Participant

Dear Rita,

Patrisa

Patrisa
                                          Participant

Dear Rita,

Patrisa

jbronicki
                                              Participant

Oh geez Rita, I am so so sorry for you and Charles and everyone you and he has touched.  From your posts, I can say that you were an absolutely amazing advocate for him.  Many many hugs. 

jbronicki
                                                Participant

Oh geez Rita, I am so so sorry for you and Charles and everyone you and he has touched.  From your posts, I can say that you were an absolutely amazing advocate for him.  Many many hugs. 

jbronicki
                                                  Participant

Bubbles
                                                  Participant

So very sorry for Charles' passing, Rita.  You were an amazing support for Charles and it is clear he did his best in this crazy world that is melanoma.  I am so very glad you got to have November, not to mention all the lovely things and years the two of you shared.  May your heart find ease.  love, c

Bubbles
                                                    Participant

So very sorry for Charles' passing, Rita.  You were an amazing support for Charles and it is clear he did his best in this crazy world that is melanoma.  I am so very glad you got to have November, not to mention all the lovely things and years the two of you shared.  May your heart find ease.  love, c

Bubbles
                                                      Participant

Fen
                                                        Participant

Deepest sympathy, Rita.  What a wonderful partner you were to him in this awful journey.

Fen
                                                          Participant

Deepest sympathy, Rita.  What a wonderful partner you were to him in this awful journey.

Fen
                                                            Participant

Jahendry12
                                                              Participant

I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Jahendry12
                                                                Participant

I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Jahendry12
                                                                  Participant

Bradley75
                                                                    Participant

I am so sorry for your loss.  News like this breaks my heart.  You and your family are in my prayers during this awful time.

Brad

Maureen038
                                                                        Participant

Rita,

I'm so terribly sorry to read about Charles's passing. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I'm a caregiver too and I know the ups and downs of fighting this disease for your dearest loved one!! I have followed your posts and I was so impressed with how much care and love you gave Charles. Please take care of yourself and know you did everything possible.

love,

Maureen

Maureen038
                                                                          Participant

Rita,

I'm so terribly sorry to read about Charles's passing. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I'm a caregiver too and I know the ups and downs of fighting this disease for your dearest loved one!! I have followed your posts and I was so impressed with how much care and love you gave Charles. Please take care of yourself and know you did everything possible.

love,

Maureen

Maureen038
                                                                            Participant

Rita,

love,

Maureen

Bradley75
                                                                            Participant

I am so sorry for your loss.  News like this breaks my heart.  You and your family are in my prayers during this awful time.

Brad

Bradley75
                                                                              Participant

Brad

Michelle820
                                                                                Participant

I am so sorry for your loss. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers

Michelle820
                                                                                  Participant

Michelle820
                                                                                    Participant

Scooby123
                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                        Am so sorry for your loss i hate this disease. Thinking of you and a hug xx
                                                                                        Scooby
                                                                                        Scooby123
                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                          Scooby
                                                                                          Scooby123
                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                            Scooby
                                                                                            Hikeratheart
                                                                                            Participant

Rita, my heart breaks for the struggle you and your husband  have endured. Having shared so much on this board, I feel as tho I know you. Prayers and strength to you and your family.

kathy

Hikeratheart
                                                                                              Participant

Rita, my heart breaks for the struggle you and your husband  have endured. Having shared so much on this board, I feel as tho I know you. Prayers and strength to you and your family.

kathy

Hikeratheart
                                                                                                Participant

kathy

Mamapegela
                                                                                                  Participant

I am so sorry to hear this news.  You did all that you could and you were a blessing to him.  Please know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Peggy

Mamapegela
                                                                                                    Participant

I am so sorry to hear this news.  You did all that you could and you were a blessing to him.  Please know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Peggy

Mamapegela
                                                                                                      Participant

Peggy

Polymath
                                                                                                        Participant

Rita,

So sorry for your loss.  Thank you for sharing the journey here, and take solace that it may help others in the battle against this insidious beast.

Gary

Polymath
                                                                                                          Participant

Rita,

So sorry for your loss.  Thank you for sharing the journey here, and take solace that it may help others in the battle against this insidious beast.

Gary

Polymath
                                                                                                            Participant

Rita,

Gary

youngann
                                                                                                              Participant

Please accept my deepest condolences. You and your family are in my thoughts.

youngann
                                                                                                                Participant

youngann
                                                                                                                  Participant

Casitas1
                                                                                                                    Participant

Sorry to hear….

Casitas1
                                                                                                                      Participant

Sorry to hear….

Casitas1
                                                                                                                        Participant

Sorry to hear….

jennunicorn
                                                                                                                          Participant

I am so sorry to hear this news, you and your family are in my thoughts.

jennunicorn
                                                                                                                            Participant

jennunicorn
                                                                                                                              Participant

Rocco
                                                                                                                                Participant

Rita,

May your loving memories of Charles surround you during this most difficult time.  I am so very sorry for your loss.

This disease sucks!

Rocco

Rocco
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Rita,

May your loving memories of Charles surround you during this most difficult time.  I am so very sorry for your loss.

This disease sucks!

Rocco

Rocco
                                                                                                                                    Participant

Rita,

This disease sucks!

Rocco

debwray
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Dear Rita,

Sorry to hear this sad news but thank you for sharing with us. Thinking of you and your family and sending good wishes to you in the days and months ahead.

Best wishes,

Deb xx

debwray
                                                                                                                                        Participant

Dear Rita,

Sorry to hear this sad news but thank you for sharing with us. Thinking of you and your family and sending good wishes to you in the days and months ahead.

Best wishes,

Deb xx

debwray
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Dear Rita,

Best wishes,

Deb xx

tschmith
                                                                                                                                            Participant

I am so sorry for your loss.  Prayers that happier times will comfort you.

Terrie

tschmith
                                                                                                                                              Participant

Terrie

tschmith
                                                                                                                                                Participant

Terrie

rosa1
                                                                                                                                                  Participant

I'm so very sorry for your loss. May God bless you and your family and may He help you find peace!

Rosa

rosa1
                                                                                                                                                    Participant

I'm so very sorry for your loss. May God bless you and your family and may He help you find peace!

Rosa

rosa1
                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Rosa

snow white
                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Dear Rita, I am so very very sorry for your loss.

xo Jen

snow white
                                                                                                                                                          Participant

xo Jen

snow white
                                                                                                                                                            Participant

xo Jen

Julie in SoCal
                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Oh Rita, I hate this disease too.  I hate the terror and loneliness and pain and suffering it causes.  I hate it that it takes good people away too soon.

Praying peace and grace for you in this difficult time.

Shalom,

Julie in SoCal
                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Oh Rita, I hate this disease too.  I hate the terror and loneliness and pain and suffering it causes.  I hate it that it takes good people away too soon.

Shalom,

Julie in SoCal
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Shalom,

adriana cooper
                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Rita, So sorry to hear this news. Please know that Charles and your willingness to share your experiences and give advice on here has been and will continue to be invaluable to many other patients and caregivers.

Rob and Adriana

adriana cooper
                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Rita, So sorry to hear this news. Please know that Charles and your willingness to share your experiences and give advice on here has been and will continue to be invaluable to many other patients and caregivers.

Rob and Adriana

adriana cooper
                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Rob and Adriana

Terrified
                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Rita

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my husband 1/1/2017 to this horrid disease. Will keep you in my prayers.

Judy

Terrified
                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Rita

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my husband 1/1/2017 to this horrid disease. Will keep you in my prayers.

Judy

Terrified
                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Rita

Judy

Jubes
                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Dear rita

my deepest condolences. Thank you for everything you have shared with us here

anne-Louise 

Jubes
                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Dear rita

anne-Louise 

Jubes
                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Dear rita

anne-Louise 

casagrayson
                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

I'm so very sorry, Rita.

casagrayson
                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

I'm so very sorry, Rita.

casagrayson
                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

I'm so very sorry, Rita.

maperny
                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Dear Rita,

may you be surrounded by angels that can help you find peace at this difficult time.  I am so sorry for your loss.  You brought Charles such comfort during all his life with you, hold your memories close.  Thinking of you

maria

maperny
                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Dear Rita,

may you be surrounded by angels that can help you find peace at this difficult time.  I am so sorry for your loss.  You brought Charles such comfort during all his life with you, hold your memories close.  Thinking of you

maria

maperny
                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Dear Rita,

maria

sister of patient
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Oh Rita … I'm so sorry! I share your anger and like everyone here, feel the heartbreak. Special place in my thoughts for you and Charles tonight.

Barb

sister of patient
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Oh Rita … I'm so sorry! I share your anger and like everyone here, feel the heartbreak. Special place in my thoughts for you and Charles tonight.

Barb

sister of patient
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Barb

_Paul_
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

I am so sorry to hear this Rita. You are in my prayers. At least Charles is no longer suffering.

– Paul

_Paul_
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

I am so sorry to hear this Rita. You are in my prayers. At least Charles is no longer suffering.

– Paul

_Paul_
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

– Paul

Viewing 89 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                                                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics