The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Eric is now an angel in heaven.

Forums General Melanoma Community Eric is now an angel in heaven.

Participant

At 12:12 a.m. Eric is now an angel in heaven.  My heart is broken.  Now that Eric is finally at peace, my battle is just beginning.  Please pray for God to give me strength.  Eric is my hero, my soulmate and now my angel.  I love you forever, Eric.

JillNEric in OH

At 12:12 a.m. Eric is now an angel in heaven.  My heart is broken.  Now that Eric is finally at peace, my battle is just beginning.  Please pray for God to give me strength.  Eric is my hero, my soulmate and now my angel.  I love you forever, Eric.

JillNEric in OH

Viewing 109 reply threads
    • Replies
        MichaelFL
        Participant

I am sorry to read this, but I am glad he is finally free.

You have both fought this battle for a long time now, so you take a well deserved rest and take care of yourself before going back into the battle against melanoma.

One day the beast will be beaten.

My condolences toy you and your family,

Michael

MichaelFL
          Participant

I am sorry to read this, but I am glad he is finally free.

You have both fought this battle for a long time now, so you take a well deserved rest and take care of yourself before going back into the battle against melanoma.

One day the beast will be beaten.

My condolences toy you and your family,

Michael

KatyWI
            Participant

Jill,

Tears here.

Thank you for your courage, thank you for your devotion to Eric, and thank you for sharing it all.

May the love you shared support you as you begin your healing process.

KatyWI

KatyWI
              Participant

Jill,

Tears here.

Thank you for your courage, thank you for your devotion to Eric, and thank you for sharing it all.

May the love you shared support you as you begin your healing process.

KatyWI

FormerCaregiver
                Participant

Jill, please accept my heartfelt sympathy on the passing of Eric. May the comfort of God help you and your family during this difficult time.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                  Participant

Jill, please accept my heartfelt sympathy on the passing of Eric. May the comfort of God help you and your family during this difficult time.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Frank from Australia

lovingwifedeb
                    Participant
                      I have been following your posts since my husband was diagnosed with stage 3c last summer… He also lost his life on May 27th. This part of the journey please take take of yourself as your family needs you now more than ever. Although your heart is breaking know that the love that lives there and the memories will forever be with you.

Peace to you.
                      Deb
                      lovingwife to Bob (the Gambler)
                      redesign08.blogspot.com

lovingwifedeb
                      Participant
                        I have been following your posts since my husband was diagnosed with stage 3c last summer… He also lost his life on May 27th. This part of the journey please take take of yourself as your family needs you now more than ever. Although your heart is breaking know that the love that lives there and the memories will forever be with you.

Peace to you.
                        Deb
                        lovingwife to Bob (the Gambler)
                        redesign08.blogspot.com

Phil S
                        Participant
                          Jill. I am so very sorry for your loss. Eric was a true inspiration to many who fight this disease, and you have handled this whole situation with grace and dignity. One of my favorite bible passages is Timothy, You have fought the good fight. You have kept the faith. You have won the race. Please, take comfort that Eric is in a better place and he no longer suffers. You were with him every step of the way and the immense love you shared will bring you comfort in the months ahead. Take good care of yourself, I will be praying for you! God bless! Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                          Phil S
                          Participant
                            Jill. I am so very sorry for your loss. Eric was a true inspiration to many who fight this disease, and you have handled this whole situation with grace and dignity. One of my favorite bible passages is Timothy, You have fought the good fight. You have kept the faith. You have won the race. Please, take comfort that Eric is in a better place and he no longer suffers. You were with him every step of the way and the immense love you shared will bring you comfort in the months ahead. Take good care of yourself, I will be praying for you! God bless! Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                            NancyGM
                            Participant

Jill, My deepest condolences on the tragic loss of your Eric. You were so devoted and obviously loved him deeply.

NancyGM
                              Participant

Jill, My deepest condolences on the tragic loss of your Eric. You were so devoted and obviously loved him deeply.

KellieSue
                                Participant

Jill,

I'm so sorry. You both were such an inspiration. I also looked forward to your posting. You have been such a source of information and strength to this board. I'm so sorry once again for you and your family.

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV

KellieSue
                                  Participant

Jill,

I'm so sorry. You both were such an inspiration. I also looked forward to your posting. You have been such a source of information and strength to this board. I'm so sorry once again for you and your family.

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV

molly
                                    Participant

Sending heartfelt prayers to you and your family. May the Lord wrap His arms around all of you. What an awesome legacy Eric has left. His faith, bravery,  and love were shared so unselfishly with all of us.

Love,

molly

molly
                                      Participant

Sending heartfelt prayers to you and your family. May the Lord wrap His arms around all of you. What an awesome legacy Eric has left. His faith, bravery,  and love were shared so unselfishly with all of us.

Love,

molly

mom3girlsFL
                                        Participant

Dearest Jill,

Words cannot express my heartfelt sympathy. You and Eric have touched my life so deeply.  Thank you so much for sharing your journey – it was not just about melanoma, it was a true love story.  Although Eric is soaring with the angels of heaven now, his courage and inspiration will live on in our hearts.

May God give you strength to endure his loss and peace to live on.

A melanoma warrior is not just the one diagnosed Jill.  Eric fought his battle and now yours is beginning.

My prayers are with you always.

Laurie

mom3girlsFL
                                          Participant

Dearest Jill,

Words cannot express my heartfelt sympathy. You and Eric have touched my life so deeply.  Thank you so much for sharing your journey – it was not just about melanoma, it was a true love story.  Although Eric is soaring with the angels of heaven now, his courage and inspiration will live on in our hearts.

May God give you strength to endure his loss and peace to live on.

A melanoma warrior is not just the one diagnosed Jill.  Eric fought his battle and now yours is beginning.

My prayers are with you always.

Laurie

dian in spokane
                                            Participant

Jill, I am so very sorry for your loss. It's been a long hard journey for you and Eric, and I hope he is at peace now, and that you can begin to heal soon.

My deepest condolences.

dian in spokane

dian in spokane
                                              Participant

Jill, I am so very sorry for your loss. It's been a long hard journey for you and Eric, and I hope he is at peace now, and that you can begin to heal soon.

My deepest condolences.

dian in spokane

jag
                                                Participant

Jill, 

God be with you and Eric.

John

jag
                                                  Participant

Jill, 

God be with you and Eric.

John

SoCalDave
                                                    Participant

Jill, so sorry to hear this. Take comfort in John 14:1-4

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.

God Bless you for all you've done and all you will do!

David

SoCalDave
                                                      Participant

Jill, so sorry to hear this. Take comfort in John 14:1-4

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.

God Bless you for all you've done and all you will do!

David

hope4cure1
                                                        Participant

Jill, as both Eric and you have served as angels on earth, so Eric will continue with God by his side.  Your courage and faith have been been an inspiration to, obviously, so many others.  The word "heroes" keeps coming to mind.  I pray that you continue your path in peace.  A lot of love surrounds you, Jill. 

With love,

Hope

hope4cure1
                                                          Participant

Jill, as both Eric and you have served as angels on earth, so Eric will continue with God by his side.  Your courage and faith have been been an inspiration to, obviously, so many others.  The word "heroes" keeps coming to mind.  I pray that you continue your path in peace.  A lot of love surrounds you, Jill. 

With love,

Hope

LV
                                                            Participant

I'm so sorry for your loss.  May you find strength in all the wonderful memories.

LV
                                                              Participant

I'm so sorry for your loss.  May you find strength in all the wonderful memories.

mzeigler
                                                                Participant

Jill,

I lost my wife last April 19 after she had battled melanoma for eight years.  I got to know and follow many postings during her illness and found I had to keep coming back to see how people were managing their own battles.  I am so sorry you had to experience the loss that I and many others on this forum have had.  I, too, lost my best and closest friend after 35 years together.  We raised 2 boys during our marriage.  We laughed and cried together many times and shared our deepest hopes and fears.  I take comfort that my wife is no longer suffering, and I hope to be with her again in the next life.  My deepest and best wishes to you and your family.

mzeigler
                                                                  Participant

Jill,

I lost my wife last April 19 after she had battled melanoma for eight years.  I got to know and follow many postings during her illness and found I had to keep coming back to see how people were managing their own battles.  I am so sorry you had to experience the loss that I and many others on this forum have had.  I, too, lost my best and closest friend after 35 years together.  We raised 2 boys during our marriage.  We laughed and cried together many times and shared our deepest hopes and fears.  I take comfort that my wife is no longer suffering, and I hope to be with her again in the next life.  My deepest and best wishes to you and your family.

washoegal
                                                                    Participant

Jill, your strength has been an inspiration to us all.  I know Eric will watch over you and keep you safe.  Bless you both.

Mary,

Stage 3

washoegal
                                                                      Participant

Jill, your strength has been an inspiration to us all.  I know Eric will watch over you and keep you safe.  Bless you both.

Mary,

Stage 3

JenC
                                                                        Participant

Jill,

You are in my prayers.  I, too, lost my husband 4 weeks ago.  He was my best friend – my life!  I followed your posts since he had tumors similar to Eric's, but they were on his face and neck.  We always seemed a step behind you.  I found your journaling and outreach an inspiration, and although we were private in our battle, I plan to work hard to raise awareness in his memory.  I also wanted to say that we prayed for strength.  We don't know God's will, but He does answer prayers… sometimes with a yes, sometimes a no, and sometimes a "later".  While our prayers to remain together on this earth were answered with a no, our prayers for strength for both of us and our children was answered with a YES!  We are comforted with knowing that we will be together with Daddy again, and that it is our jobs to continue and enjoy life, while keeping the love he gave to us in our hearts and our daily lives.  Our Loves will never be forgotten and our lives are better for having known them.  Eric is indeed at Peace, and I pray that you will feel that peace as well.

JenC

JenC
                                                                          Participant

Jill,

You are in my prayers.  I, too, lost my husband 4 weeks ago.  He was my best friend – my life!  I followed your posts since he had tumors similar to Eric's, but they were on his face and neck.  We always seemed a step behind you.  I found your journaling and outreach an inspiration, and although we were private in our battle, I plan to work hard to raise awareness in his memory.  I also wanted to say that we prayed for strength.  We don't know God's will, but He does answer prayers… sometimes with a yes, sometimes a no, and sometimes a "later".  While our prayers to remain together on this earth were answered with a no, our prayers for strength for both of us and our children was answered with a YES!  We are comforted with knowing that we will be together with Daddy again, and that it is our jobs to continue and enjoy life, while keeping the love he gave to us in our hearts and our daily lives.  Our Loves will never be forgotten and our lives are better for having known them.  Eric is indeed at Peace, and I pray that you will feel that peace as well.

JenC

jim Breitfeller
                                                                            Participant

Jill,

I am so sorry. Eric was a fighter until the end. You are a great Caregiver and Eric is now at peace and no pain. He is surely watching from above. Thanks for sharing his journey with us.

Jimmy b

jim Breitfeller
                                                                              Participant

Jill,

I am so sorry. Eric was a fighter until the end. You are a great Caregiver and Eric is now at peace and no pain. He is surely watching from above. Thanks for sharing his journey with us.

Jimmy b

ChrisB
                                                                                Participant

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and yours.

Chris

ChrisB
                                                                                  Participant

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and yours.

Chris

MaryBZ
                                                                                    Participant

Jill and Family,

I weep as I read your post.  I have been following your journey since mine began in Feb 2009. My "spot" was in almost the exact location as Eric's, in fact our skin grafts look eerily similar.  Although I am a firm believer in faith and that God doesn't want to see his children sick, I grapple at times like this to fully comprehend his plan.  I know you will find strength as your next journey begins and I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Caringly,

Mary

MaryBZ
                                                                                      Participant

Jill and Family,

I weep as I read your post.  I have been following your journey since mine began in Feb 2009. My "spot" was in almost the exact location as Eric's, in fact our skin grafts look eerily similar.  Although I am a firm believer in faith and that God doesn't want to see his children sick, I grapple at times like this to fully comprehend his plan.  I know you will find strength as your next journey begins and I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Caringly,

Mary

Jill, I have been keeping you and your family in my prayers and will continue to do so.  You and Eric are such an inspiration and so strong and faithful.  You have touched the lives of so many of us that have been affected by Melanoma.  Please accept my deepest sympathy at this time.

Warm regards,

Kris

Jill, I have been keeping you and your family in my prayers and will continue to do so.  You and Eric are such an inspiration and so strong and faithful.  You have touched the lives of so many of us that have been affected by Melanoma.  Please accept my deepest sympathy at this time.

Warm regards,

Kris

NYKaren
                                                                                        Participant

Dear Jill,

You have my heartfelt condolences. 

Karen

NYKaren
                                                                                          Participant

Dear Jill,

You have my heartfelt condolences. 

Karen

Rendergirl
                                                                                            Participant

Been following you and Eric silently and I am in awe of your courage and love. Now he is free and running and jumping for joy. We mourn the loss of a warrior but we celebrate his new life. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you begin your own journey through the pain of loss.

Becca in Florida (Stage 3b)

Rendergirl
                                                                                              Participant

Been following you and Eric silently and I am in awe of your courage and love. Now he is free and running and jumping for joy. We mourn the loss of a warrior but we celebrate his new life. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you begin your own journey through the pain of loss.

Becca in Florida (Stage 3b)

goldengirls2011
                                                                                                Participant

Jill, my deepest condolences on the loss of your husband Eric. I've been following your posts these past few months. Thank you for sharing your journey, educating the rest of us, and for being a true inspiration to all of us. My prayers are with you & family. The love you shared with Eric will forever live in your heart.

Cathy

goldengirls2011
                                                                                                  Participant

Jill, my deepest condolences on the loss of your husband Eric. I've been following your posts these past few months. Thank you for sharing your journey, educating the rest of us, and for being a true inspiration to all of us. My prayers are with you & family. The love you shared with Eric will forever live in your heart.

Cathy

Kimmer
                                                                                                    Participant

Praying real hard right now, Jill.  I am so sorry.

Take good care, k.

Kimmer
                                                                                                      Participant

Praying real hard right now, Jill.  I am so sorry.

Take good care, k.

King
                                                                                                        Participant

Jill,

You were an amazing caregiver.    You are in my prayers.  I'm so sorry.

Stay Strong
                                                                                                          King

BonnieLea
                                                                                                            Participant

Dear Jill

your strength throughout this matches none.  Eric went (and you) so far in educating people, and I have a feeling you will go on to do this to a great degree.

But leave your self time for you to grieve, to remember, to continue to love him.  You both were such an inspiration to me and through me to my family.

Love Bonnie Lea

BonnieLea
                                                                                                              Participant

Dear Jill

your strength throughout this matches none.  Eric went (and you) so far in educating people, and I have a feeling you will go on to do this to a great degree.

But leave your self time for you to grieve, to remember, to continue to love him.  You both were such an inspiration to me and through me to my family.

Love Bonnie Lea

King
                                                                                                              Participant

Jill,

You were an amazing caregiver.    You are in my prayers.  I'm so sorry.

Stay Strong
                                                                                                                King

RMcLegal
                                                                                                                Participant

I'm so very sorry to hear this.  I did a blog post today dedicated to Eric (and you) and your video awareness campaign.  A new version of "Beds Are Burning" by Midnight Oil.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

http://www.hotelmelanoma.blogspot

RMcLegal
                                                                                                                  Participant

I'm so very sorry to hear this.  I did a blog post today dedicated to Eric (and you) and your video awareness campaign.  A new version of "Beds Are Burning" by Midnight Oil.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

http://www.hotelmelanoma.blogspot

leni currie
                                                                                                                    Participant

May his memory be eternal – yes, sending you strength to endure this time of sorrow and pain – let me know if there is anything I can do to help you – Leni, widow of Donald , June 7, 2004

leni currie
                                                                                                                      Participant

May his memory be eternal – yes, sending you strength to endure this time of sorrow and pain – let me know if there is anything I can do to help you – Leni, widow of Donald , June 7, 2004

MariaH
                                                                                                                        Participant

My heart goes out to you and your family.  Know that you and Eric were an inspiration to many.  Too many good people lost to this horrible disease, I pray we someday find a cure, and that you find strength in family and friends in the days to come.

Maria

Laurie from maine
                                                                                                                            Participant

Jill,

I am so sorry.  I hope you have family and friends with you now at this hard time.  You both battled so hard, he was a true warrior.

my thoughts and prayers are with you.

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                                                                                                              Participant

Jill,

I am so sorry.  I hope you have family and friends with you now at this hard time.  You both battled so hard, he was a true warrior.

my thoughts and prayers are with you.

laurie from maine

MariaH
                                                                                                                              Participant

My heart goes out to you and your family.  Know that you and Eric were an inspiration to many.  Too many good people lost to this horrible disease, I pray we someday find a cure, and that you find strength in family and friends in the days to come.

Maria

Fen
                                                                                                                                Participant

oh, Jill, I am so sorry.  My prayers are with you.

Fen

Fen
                                                                                                                                  Participant

oh, Jill, I am so sorry.  My prayers are with you.

Fen

ValinMtl
                                                                                                                                    Participant

Oh Jill, I am so sorry for you and your family.  Eric will be truly missed, he was such a brave warrior.  But the Lord saw how much he has been suffering and said it was time to come home.  He is now safe in the arms of Jesus, complete without pain. You will meet again.  Val xx

ValinMtl
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Oh Jill, I am so sorry for you and your family.  Eric will be truly missed, he was such a brave warrior.  But the Lord saw how much he has been suffering and said it was time to come home.  He is now safe in the arms of Jesus, complete without pain. You will meet again.  Val xx

kim2712
                                                                                                                                        Participant

Jill,

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. There are really no words to say to you that will heal your pain right now. Just know that many people love you and admire both your's and Eric's courage and strength. Try to take care of yourself during this difficult time. Find your good friend and lean on her/him for strength. I would be lost without my dear friend.

Peace and prayers for you and your family.

Kim

Mother to Erik who set aside his battle with melanoma 5/22/2011 age 26

kim2712
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Jill,

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. There are really no words to say to you that will heal your pain right now. Just know that many people love you and admire both your's and Eric's courage and strength. Try to take care of yourself during this difficult time. Find your good friend and lean on her/him for strength. I would be lost without my dear friend.

Peace and prayers for you and your family.

Kim

Mother to Erik who set aside his battle with melanoma 5/22/2011 age 26

ChrisTheWilsonZoo
                                                                                                                                            Participant

Jill,

I'm so sorry for your loss.  Your and Eric's journey thru melanoma has been an inspiration to us all and Eric's videos will serve as a true educational testament.  Thank you, and God bless Eric, you, and your families.

Chris

ChrisTheWilsonZoo
                                                                                                                                              Participant

Jill,

I'm so sorry for your loss.  Your and Eric's journey thru melanoma has been an inspiration to us all and Eric's videos will serve as a true educational testament.  Thank you, and God bless Eric, you, and your families.

Chris

Jydnew
                                                                                                                                                Participant

Jill,

I am so sorry to read of Eric's passing and of your family's great loss.  I have followed your updates since you first began posting and hoped and prayed at each step for a cure and then a miracle for Eric.  Words just aren't available to describe the hell that you've gone through and the hellish days ahead as you are forced to deal with such a horrible tragedy.

May peace and gentleness find you each day, in small moments, and hopefully, in time, in longer stretches.  There is little rest in grief, little comfort in anything at all….

Wendy

Jydnew
                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Jill,

I am so sorry to read of Eric's passing and of your family's great loss.  I have followed your updates since you first began posting and hoped and prayed at each step for a cure and then a miracle for Eric.  Words just aren't available to describe the hell that you've gone through and the hellish days ahead as you are forced to deal with such a horrible tragedy.

May peace and gentleness find you each day, in small moments, and hopefully, in time, in longer stretches.  There is little rest in grief, little comfort in anything at all….

Wendy

BethA
                                                                                                                                                    Participant

My deepest condolences to you in your loss of Eric. You have both given strength to all of us.  I have followed your journey, celebrated victories and cried with your stresses.  He was a very lucky man to have you beside him.  All of us should be so lucky.  As he graduated into heaven, may you find comfort in the love surrounding you.  Beth 3/B

BethA
                                                                                                                                                      Participant

My deepest condolences to you in your loss of Eric. You have both given strength to all of us.  I have followed your journey, celebrated victories and cried with your stresses.  He was a very lucky man to have you beside him.  All of us should be so lucky.  As he graduated into heaven, may you find comfort in the love surrounding you.  Beth 3/B

CaliforniaCaregiver
                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Jill (and Eric),

As a fellow caregiver I can not imagine the sense of loss you are having.

However, know that Eric is smiling down as He reads all the comments from everyone that has followed THE journey. I for one have been following since day one.

If and when you do something formal in rememberance of Eric, please post the details and I'll be the first to pitch in.

Tom

CaliforniaCaregiver
                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Jill (and Eric),

As a fellow caregiver I can not imagine the sense of loss you are having.

However, know that Eric is smiling down as He reads all the comments from everyone that has followed THE journey. I for one have been following since day one.

If and when you do something formal in rememberance of Eric, please post the details and I'll be the first to pitch in.

Tom

Charlie S
                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Jill, there is no way for me to even begin to imagine how you feel right now, , but please know that my thoughts are with you.

And yes, Eric is for sure a Hero; then and now…..and for that you have every reason to be proud.

Best wishes,

Charlie S

Charlie S
                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Jill, there is no way for me to even begin to imagine how you feel right now, , but please know that my thoughts are with you.

And yes, Eric is for sure a Hero; then and now…..and for that you have every reason to be proud.

Best wishes,

Charlie S

nickmac56
                                                                                                                                                                Participant

My heartfelt condoloences. I wish you peace and love during this difficult time.

Nick

nickmac56
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

My heartfelt condoloences. I wish you peace and love during this difficult time.

Nick

Kim Moriarty
                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

jill i was sadden to read tonight that eric lost his brave fight with malanoma I have been a member since january of 2011 I have never posted on the board but followed it twice a week until my husband lost his nine month battle with stage 1V malanoma june 5th 2011 at 54 he too was my hero, best friend ,soul mate and love of my life. I still came back to follow you and eric to see how he was doing our stories are so similar second marriage found my true love soul mate best friend I take it one day at a time  I want to keep fighting in Tims honor. I found great  support and information on this board and from you and eric inspiration and the will to keep fighting ,the board is a great big family who are fighting together for the same cure .I Will be thinking about you as you begin a new journey and take all the memories and love he gave to you and talk about them everyday I find this helps me, take care.

kim

Kim Moriarty
                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

jill i was sadden to read tonight that eric lost his brave fight with malanoma I have been a member since january of 2011 I have never posted on the board but followed it twice a week until my husband lost his nine month battle with stage 1V malanoma june 5th 2011 at 54 he too was my hero, best friend ,soul mate and love of my life. I still came back to follow you and eric to see how he was doing our stories are so similar second marriage found my true love soul mate best friend I take it one day at a time  I want to keep fighting in Tims honor. I found great  support and information on this board and from you and eric inspiration and the will to keep fighting ,the board is a great big family who are fighting together for the same cure .I Will be thinking about you as you begin a new journey and take all the memories and love he gave to you and talk about them everyday I find this helps me, take care.

kim

paul
                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Best wishes to you at this most difficult time.

Paul

paul
                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Best wishes to you at this most difficult time.

Paul

KRob
                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

I was very sorry to read this news. Prayers for you and all your family as you deal with your grief and loss.

Sincerely,

Karen

KRob
                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

I was very sorry to read this news. Prayers for you and all your family as you deal with your grief and loss.

Sincerely,

Karen

MaryD
                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Jill,

Nothing can ease the pain of your loss right now but I hope the deep love you and Eric shared will guide you now and always.

You provided such devoted support to Eric and he is now alive and well with the angels – and  at peace.   Sending prayers to you and your family during this very difficult time.

Mary

MaryD
                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Jill,

Nothing can ease the pain of your loss right now but I hope the deep love you and Eric shared will guide you now and always.

You provided such devoted support to Eric and he is now alive and well with the angels – and  at peace.   Sending prayers to you and your family during this very difficult time.

Mary

shellebrownies
                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Jill, 

I am so sorry for your loss. I haven't been here very long and did not get to know you two the way some others have, but I have found strength in the strength and perseverance you both showed to the very end. 

Praying that Eric has found peace, and that, in time, you will be able to as well.

Wish I knew what else to say, Jill. You have been an inspiration.

Michelle, wife of Don

shellebrownies
                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Jill, 

I am so sorry for your loss. I haven't been here very long and did not get to know you two the way some others have, but I have found strength in the strength and perseverance you both showed to the very end. 

Praying that Eric has found peace, and that, in time, you will be able to as well.

Wish I knew what else to say, Jill. You have been an inspiration.

Michelle, wife of Don

triciad
                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Jill,

I am so sorry to hear about Eric.  You both have been an inspiration.  Please know that  you will remain in my thoughts and prayers.  Thank you for sharing your journey with us.  My deepest sympathies.

Tricia

triciad
                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Jill,

I am so sorry to hear about Eric.  You both have been an inspiration.  Please know that  you will remain in my thoughts and prayers.  Thank you for sharing your journey with us.  My deepest sympathies.

Tricia

James from Sydney
                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Jill my heartfelt condolences, Eric was a real warrior and you one of the best carers you did everything you could. We will pray for you both.

James

James from Sydney
                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Jill my heartfelt condolences, Eric was a real warrior and you one of the best carers you did everything you could. We will pray for you both.

James

JuleFL
                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Dear Jill, my deepest condolences go out to you and your family. Your heart is broken, but you will soon realize all of the love it contains and it will help you work through the pain. God bless you.

Jule (Cal’s wife)

JuleFL
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Dear Jill, my deepest condolences go out to you and your family. Your heart is broken, but you will soon realize all of the love it contains and it will help you work through the pain. God bless you.

Jule (Cal’s wife)

yoop
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Jill,

You and Eric have been an inspiration to so many of us on this board.  Eric will be that Angel to get you through this terrible new battle.  My sincere sympathy.

Bill (Yoop)

yoop
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Jill,

You and Eric have been an inspiration to so many of us on this board.  Eric will be that Angel to get you through this terrible new battle.  My sincere sympathy.

Bill (Yoop)

vivian
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Jill, my deepest condolences to you and your family.  I pray that just as Eric is now at peace, you too will find comfort and peace in the love of family and friends.  I thank you for sharing his journey with all of us here.

Lear

vivian
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Jill, my deepest condolences to you and your family.  I pray that just as Eric is now at peace, you too will find comfort and peace in the love of family and friends.  I thank you for sharing his journey with all of us here.

Lear

Cate
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Jill, I'm so sorry to hear of Eric's passing.  I'm sure he is  finally at peace.  I'll be sending you my thoughts and prayers.  Thank you so much for all of your contributions to this board

Cate
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Jill, I'm so sorry to hear of Eric's passing.  I'm sure he is  finally at peace.  I'll be sending you my thoughts and prayers.  Thank you so much for all of your contributions to this board

Jim M.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Jill,

Words can't adequately describe what you're going through. My wife and I watched some of your videos. We cried and prayed for both of you. Eric's grace, fighting spirit and love for Jesus left an endelible mark on us(as well as your example).

Lord Jesus, I do pray and trust that you will grant Jill the strength she needs. Surround her with friends and family who wil help carry her. You tell us in Your Word that You raise us up on eagles' wings. Provide Jill with whatever she needs to heal from her brokenness. There will be many difficult days but You are beside her every step of the way. Most of all I ask that Your will be done in Jill's life. Amen.

God Bless you always Jill,

Jim M.

Jim M.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Jill,

Words can't adequately describe what you're going through. My wife and I watched some of your videos. We cried and prayed for both of you. Eric's grace, fighting spirit and love for Jesus left an endelible mark on us(as well as your example).

Lord Jesus, I do pray and trust that you will grant Jill the strength she needs. Surround her with friends and family who wil help carry her. You tell us in Your Word that You raise us up on eagles' wings. Provide Jill with whatever she needs to heal from her brokenness. There will be many difficult days but You are beside her every step of the way. Most of all I ask that Your will be done in Jill's life. Amen.

God Bless you always Jill,

Jim M.

BarbieGirl
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Jill, my heart is heavy.  Eric went thru many battles, but won the war and is now at peace.  I pray for peace, comfort and strength for you, and your and Eric's family and friends during this difficult time.  Hold tight to all the wonderful memories.  *hugz*

~Lisa~

Terra
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

I am at a loss to write something, I don't know what to say except that both of you had a  strength and determination through this fight has was exceptional.

Terra
                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

I am at a loss to write something, I don't know what to say except that both of you had a  strength and determination through this fight has was exceptional.

BarbieGirl
                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Jill, my heart is heavy.  Eric went thru many battles, but won the war and is now at peace.  I pray for peace, comfort and strength for you, and your and Eric's family and friends during this difficult time.  Hold tight to all the wonderful memories.  *hugz*

~Lisa~

Gene_S
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Dear Jill,

I am very sorry for your loss.  I have followed your story and video's and admire you for helping Eric tell us his journey.  I don't think I could have taken those video's  with the strength you have showed on this path but I really appreciate all you have helped to teach the rest of us who may have to venture down this road.

My husband, Gene_S and I want to express our deepest sympathy to you and the family.  Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.  You both were truly blessed to have had one another.

I also pray that you will find comfort and healing from all your work, love and support that you gave to this melanoma warrior.

Judy and Gene (stage IV head, neck, liver and lungs)

Gene_S
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Dear Jill,

I am very sorry for your loss.  I have followed your story and video's and admire you for helping Eric tell us his journey.  I don't think I could have taken those video's  with the strength you have showed on this path but I really appreciate all you have helped to teach the rest of us who may have to venture down this road.

My husband, Gene_S and I want to express our deepest sympathy to you and the family.  Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.  You both were truly blessed to have had one another.

I also pray that you will find comfort and healing from all your work, love and support that you gave to this melanoma warrior.

Judy and Gene (stage IV head, neck, liver and lungs)

yensidw
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Oh Jill, I am so sorry.  My Ron went to be with the Lord one year ago on August 3rd.  I miss him every day, but know that I will see him again.  I will pray that God will give you strength and angels to help you with your sorrow.

Janis

yensidw
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Oh Jill, I am so sorry.  My Ron went to be with the Lord one year ago on August 3rd.  I miss him every day, but know that I will see him again.  I will pray that God will give you strength and angels to help you with your sorrow.

Janis

K in LA
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Jill,

I know exactly how you feel.  I was my husband/best friend/soul mate's caregiver during his 21/2 year fight against this awful disease & lost him to it at 4:10 am on June 19th.  Take comfort in the knowledge of how very much he loved you & how hard he fought to stay here with you & in the fact that you were able to say everything you wanted to say to each other.   This is a totally different, and at times very lonely, battle.  Sometimes the only thing that keeps me going is that I promised Tony I would, & because there are so many things I want to do to honor his memory.  

So, if this is of any help, here's what I've learned so far:

Find a grief support group for people your age-group who've lost their spouses  because, no matter how well-meaning people are, only those in this same boat truly understand what you're going through.  

Never leave the house without tissues — as you probably already know, the grief will suddenly overwhelm you without warning.  

Trust your gut-instinct & do whatever you need to do to get through each day — your subconcious mind will protect you from a lot if you let it — although it does get a bit overworked in doing so & leave you rather forgetful — I've had to start writing lists & always leaving keys in exactly the same place.  

Get a lot of rest: it's hard to sleep properly, and everyday things can suddenly become exhausting.  You did everything you could to take care of Eric, now it's time to let the people who love you take care of you.  Don't be afraid to ask for help from them, and, just as importantly, to tell them if what they're saying/doing isn't what you need. 

I envision it as reaching a fork in the road on our journey where he had to go one way & I had to go the other, but eventually we'll meet up again.  It's just a real slog to make this part of the journey without your travelling companion so I wish you all the best in taking these first steps along this new path…

EricNJill
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

K,

Thank you so much.  Your post was so encouraging and helpful.  It's almost a month now since Eric passed.  I've already experienced much of which you said.  I actually had a pretty bad panic attack in the attorney's office the day of executing the will.  It came on suddenly so I can relate to the carrying tissues.

Thank you again.  Jill Sizemore

EricNJill
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

K,

Thank you so much.  Your post was so encouraging and helpful.  It's almost a month now since Eric passed.  I've already experienced much of which you said.  I actually had a pretty bad panic attack in the attorney's office the day of executing the will.  It came on suddenly so I can relate to the carrying tissues.

Thank you again.  Jill Sizemore

FormerCaregiver
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

I would just like to chime in here and say that I understand how you might be feeling at the moment.

Please accept my heartfelt sympathy on the loss of Tony. Although we cope with grief differently, I think that it is always advisable to talk with others who have experienced a similar situation. As you have mentioned, joining a grief support group is a good idea.

I encourage you to continue to post in our forum, as there are people here who can really understand what you have been through. Perhaps you would like to start a new topic on any concerns that you may have?

Hope this helps.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

I would just like to chime in here and say that I understand how you might be feeling at the moment.

Please accept my heartfelt sympathy on the loss of Tony. Although we cope with grief differently, I think that it is always advisable to talk with others who have experienced a similar situation. As you have mentioned, joining a grief support group is a good idea.

I encourage you to continue to post in our forum, as there are people here who can really understand what you have been through. Perhaps you would like to start a new topic on any concerns that you may have?

Hope this helps.

Frank from Australia

K in LA
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Jill,

I know exactly how you feel.  I was my husband/best friend/soul mate's caregiver during his 21/2 year fight against this awful disease & lost him to it at 4:10 am on June 19th.  Take comfort in the knowledge of how very much he loved you & how hard he fought to stay here with you & in the fact that you were able to say everything you wanted to say to each other.   This is a totally different, and at times very lonely, battle.  Sometimes the only thing that keeps me going is that I promised Tony I would, & because there are so many things I want to do to honor his memory.  

So, if this is of any help, here's what I've learned so far:

Find a grief support group for people your age-group who've lost their spouses  because, no matter how well-meaning people are, only those in this same boat truly understand what you're going through.  

Never leave the house without tissues — as you probably already know, the grief will suddenly overwhelm you without warning.  

Trust your gut-instinct & do whatever you need to do to get through each day — your subconcious mind will protect you from a lot if you let it — although it does get a bit overworked in doing so & leave you rather forgetful — I've had to start writing lists & always leaving keys in exactly the same place.  

Get a lot of rest: it's hard to sleep properly, and everyday things can suddenly become exhausting.  You did everything you could to take care of Eric, now it's time to let the people who love you take care of you.  Don't be afraid to ask for help from them, and, just as importantly, to tell them if what they're saying/doing isn't what you need. 

I envision it as reaching a fork in the road on our journey where he had to go one way & I had to go the other, but eventually we'll meet up again.  It's just a real slog to make this part of the journey without your travelling companion so I wish you all the best in taking these first steps along this new path…

Swanee
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Jill……You and Eric have been such an inspiration to this melanoma community and I give thanks for all that you have contributed to this melanoma battle.  Both of you fought very hard against this beast and gave others strength and encouragement to fight back every day to win their own battle against this disease.  I am deeply saddened to hear this news and my thoughts and prayers go out to you today.  I know you will find peace and comfort in the memory of your constant love and devotion to Eric, a truly beautiful  love story!  I pray for comfort and strength as you forge ahead.  I am so sorry for your loss.  God Bless!

Swanee
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Jill……You and Eric have been such an inspiration to this melanoma community and I give thanks for all that you have contributed to this melanoma battle.  Both of you fought very hard against this beast and gave others strength and encouragement to fight back every day to win their own battle against this disease.  I am deeply saddened to hear this news and my thoughts and prayers go out to you today.  I know you will find peace and comfort in the memory of your constant love and devotion to Eric, a truly beautiful  love story!  I pray for comfort and strength as you forge ahead.  I am so sorry for your loss.  God Bless!

Viewing 109 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics