The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Artie

Participant

I see on FB that Artie lost his battle. This makes me so sad. I rarely post but have been reading along for 6 years…everytime there is a loss it breaks my heart. There are a few over the years ( Himynameiskevin, Dian, Jerry) that break my heart even more. Artie is one of those. He has been in so much pain, but never complained. Always here to give advice.

keep fighting everyone

Becky

Viewing 62 reply threads
    • Replies
        mkirkland
        Participant

This absolutely breaks my heart. He was such a fighter!! I have only been on this forum for a few months but his name always stood out b/c he was always helping and sharing his knowledge. Today he is no longer in pain, today he is healed. God bless you Artie. Many prayers for his family in the difficult time.

mkirkland
          Participant

This absolutely breaks my heart. He was such a fighter!! I have only been on this forum for a few months but his name always stood out b/c he was always helping and sharing his knowledge. Today he is no longer in pain, today he is healed. God bless you Artie. Many prayers for his family in the difficult time.

mkirkland
            Participant

casagrayson
              Participant

There are no words.  broken heart

Mat
                  Participant

Agreed–no words.  May his memory be a blessing to the many he touched.

Mat
                    Participant

Mat
                      Participant

Momofjake
                        Participant

I just got on. 5 days ago he wrote on my question about Jake. No words. But I can't breathe. Like my chest gets tight. Got bad scan results today. I do hate this cancer. I do love Artie. 

Momofjake
                          Participant

I just got on. 5 days ago he wrote on my question about Jake. No words. But I can't breathe. Like my chest gets tight. Got bad scan results today. I do hate this cancer. I do love Artie. 

Momofjake
                            Participant

casagrayson
                            Participant

casagrayson
                              Participant

Jubes
                                Participant

Artie's parents fought this battle with him too and you could tell by his posts how much love there was there. May they find the solace they need right now.  I will miss you so much Artie. Thanks for all your great advice and encouragement. 

Anne-Louise

Jubes
                                  Participant

Artie's parents fought this battle with him too and you could tell by his posts how much love there was there. May they find the solace they need right now.  I will miss you so much Artie. Thanks for all your great advice and encouragement. 

Anne-Louise

Jubes
                                    Participant

Anne-Louise

s wife
                                      Participant

So sad to read this news…!

as a symbolic gesture i have just donated the price of a star wars' ticket to MRF, in memory of Artie-arthurjedi007.

i once saw a tombstone which read "nicht gestorben, nur vorausgegangen", which means approximately "you have not died, just gone ahead of us".

Artie, you who fought so hard, may the force be with you on your journey ahead of us, and may it be a painless, and wonderful journey.

susannah

s wife
                                        Participant

as a symbolic gesture i have just donated the price of a star wars' ticket to MRF, in memory of Artie-arthurjedi007.

i once saw a tombstone which read "nicht gestorben, nur vorausgegangen", which means approximately "you have not died, just gone ahead of us".

Artie, you who fought so hard, may the force be with you on your journey ahead of us, and may it be a painless, and wonderful journey.

susannah

s wife
                                          Participant

susannah

cavsnut
                                              Participant

So tragic and heartbreaking, Artie was so loved by this group here, such a selfless human being …just at a loss for words right now…

cavsnut
                                                Participant

So tragic and heartbreaking, Artie was so loved by this group here, such a selfless human being …just at a loss for words right now…

cavsnut
                                                  Participant

CHD
                                                  Participant

Oh no, not Artie.  It is just heartbreaking to read this.  Such a good guy. 

CHD
                                                    Participant

CHD
                                                      Participant

goldengirls2011
                                                        Participant

RIP, Artie. I have been reading the boards for a few years now, but seldom post. You are an inspiration to all. You reminded me so much of Himynameiskevin. You both totally rock!

You will be missed here, but never forgotten!

goldengirls2011
                                                          Participant

RIP, Artie. I have been reading the boards for a few years now, but seldom post. You are an inspiration to all. You reminded me so much of Himynameiskevin. You both totally rock!

goldengirls2011
                                                            Participant

kpcollins31
                                                              Participant

Really sorry to hear this. Artie will surely be missed. Prayers to his family and friends.

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                                                Participant

Really sorry to hear this. Artie will surely be missed. Prayers to his family and friends.

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                                                  Participant

Kevin

liberty04281
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      It is very hard to hear, that he lost the battle.
                                                                      liberty04281
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        liberty04281
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          jamieth29
                                                                          Participant
                                                                            Damn…i dont know what else to say.
                                                                            jamieth29
                                                                            Participant
                                                                              jamieth29
                                                                              Participant
                                                                                Bubbles
                                                                                Participant

Merde!!!  Oh, Artie.  Such a kind and beautiful soul.  You will always be a light shining bright in our hearts. Much love and hugs to your parents.  Will miss you always.  c

vivian
                                                                                    Participant

Oh, this is so sad!  What a loss for the world.  I send love to his wonderful parents.

Lear

vivian
                                                                                      Participant

Oh, this is so sad!  What a loss for the world.  I send love to his wonderful parents.

Lear

vivian
                                                                                        Participant

Lear

Bubbles
                                                                                        Participant

Merde!!!  Oh, Artie.  Such a kind and beautiful soul.  You will always be a light shining bright in our hearts. Much love and hugs to your parents.  Will miss you always.  c

Bubbles
                                                                                          Participant

Squash
                                                                                            Participant

Vale Artie taken far too young by this terrible disease

You suffered so much in the last stages yet you always were so helpful.

RIP

Squash
                                                                                              Participant

RIP

Squash
                                                                                                Participant

RIP

jenny22
                                                                                                  Participant

Just too sad for words……my heart breaks for him and his poor parents……

Such a kind soul…..

RIP Artie….

jbronicki
                                                                                                      Participant

What a loss, he was such a kind man, just makes me so angry.  You could tell he had a special bond with his parents, but then again what parents wouldn't be proud of a kid like him.  So sad for him and his family.  It just makes me mad…. RIP Artie

jbronicki
                                                                                                        Participant

What a loss, he was such a kind man, just makes me so angry.  You could tell he had a special bond with his parents, but then again what parents wouldn't be proud of a kid like him.  So sad for him and his family.  It just makes me mad…. RIP Artie

jbronicki
                                                                                                          Participant

jenny22
                                                                                                          Participant

Such a kind soul…..

RIP Artie….

jenny22
                                                                                                            Participant

Such a kind soul…..

RIP Artie….

jbronicki
                                                                                                              Participant

Hi Becky or jahenry. If possible, could we get his arrangements for those that want to send flowers to his family?

jbronicki
                                                                                                                Participant

Hi Becky or jahenry. If possible, could we get his arrangements for those that want to send flowers to his family?

jbronicki
                                                                                                                  Participant

Linny
                                                                                                                    Participant

Hearing this saddens me so very much. Artie, you fought a good battle and encouraged others here to do the same. You will be missed. 

Linny
                                                                                                                      Participant

Hearing this saddens me so very much. Artie, you fought a good battle and encouraged others here to do the same. You will be missed. 

Linny
                                                                                                                        Participant

Jahendry12
                                                                                                                          Participant

In shock about Artie. He posted at 6:00 last night that he had a Long way to go and felt awful from infections. 

Gone way too soon. Im so so sorry to hear this. He was a tough warrior and will always be remembered for his kind heart and fighting spirit. 

Jahendry12
                                                                                                                            Participant

In shock about Artie. He posted at 6:00 last night that he had a Long way to go and felt awful from infections. 

Gone way too soon. Im so so sorry to hear this. He was a tough warrior and will always be remembered for his kind heart and fighting spirit. 

Jahendry12
                                                                                                                              Participant

Rita and Charles
                                                                                                                                Participant

I only followed him since May…….his energy to fight amazed me, showed me that courage is needed.  I never knew him, but heart broken for him and his family. RIP, no more pain of the battle.

Rita

Rita and Charles
                                                                                                                                  Participant

I only followed him since May…….his energy to fight amazed me, showed me that courage is needed.  I never knew him, but heart broken for him and his family. RIP, no more pain of the battle.

Rita

Rita and Charles
                                                                                                                                    Participant

Rita

stars
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Artie was one of the good guys, so generous with giving time and advice and support to people on the board. He fought the good fight, his time was well used. RIP my friend, gone too soon.

stars
                                                                                                                                        Participant

Artie was one of the good guys, so generous with giving time and advice and support to people on the board. He fought the good fight, his time was well used. RIP my friend, gone too soon.

stars
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Ninniditti
                                                                                                                                            Participant

So very sorry!

Ninniditti
                                                                                                                                              Participant

So very sorry!

Ninniditti
                                                                                                                                                Participant

So very sorry!

emagdnim83
                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Oh No. Artie always had a good reply to my topics and everything he wrote was helpful for me. I'm sorry for his family and friends to have lost such an amazing person. 

Gwen in Maine
                                                                                                                                                      Participant

This is devastating news. My heart breaks this morning.

Gwen

Gwen in Maine
                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Gwen

Gwen in Maine
                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Gwen

Scooby123
                                                                                                                                                            Participant

My heart is in bits , I have just logged on hoping to hear that Artie was a little better, he was loved by many and supported so many of us . God bless you Artie and sending love to his family. 

❤️❤️❤️❤️

scooby

Scooby123
                                                                                                                                                              Participant

My heart is in bits , I have just logged on hoping to hear that Artie was a little better, he was loved by many and supported so many of us . God bless you Artie and sending love to his family. 

❤️❤️❤️❤️

scooby

Scooby123
                                                                                                                                                                Participant

❤️❤️❤️❤️

scooby

emagdnim83
                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Oh No. Artie always had a good reply to my topics and everything he wrote was helpful for me. I'm sorry for his family and friends to have lost such an amazing person. 

emagdnim83
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Polymath
                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Artie was the most inspirational warrior on this board and despite his personal hardship he was always there to help, with heart.  It's absoultly heartbreaking to hear of this loss, yet I am so happy he went on his own terms, and his suffering is now over.  I only hope to have that kind of courage and strength when my time comes.  The force was strong with this one.

A hui hou Artie

Polymath
                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Artie was the most inspirational warrior on this board and despite his personal hardship he was always there to help, with heart.  It's absoultly heartbreaking to hear of this loss, yet I am so happy he went on his own terms, and his suffering is now over.  I only hope to have that kind of courage and strength when my time comes.  The force was strong with this one.

A hui hou Artie

Polymath
                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

A hui hou Artie

tschmith
                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Brave, tough, wonderful Artie will be so so missed.  We were all blessed to have crossed paths with him through this forum.  

This is so heartbreaking.  I know many of us feel like we've lost a family member.  

Peace be with you, Artie.  

Terrie

tschmith
                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Brave, tough, wonderful Artie will be so so missed.  We were all blessed to have crossed paths with him through this forum.  

This is so heartbreaking.  I know many of us feel like we've lost a family member.  

Terrie

Marianne quinn
                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

One of the kindest, supportive, and courageous person that has blessed my life. We will miss you.

Marianne quinn
                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

One of the kindest, supportive, and courageous person that has blessed my life. We will miss you.

Marianne quinn
                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

tschmith
                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Terrie

_Paul_
                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

That hit really damn hard. Even though like most of us I never met Artie, he was family. He was always offering up his experience, helping people, in spite of all of his suffering.

i felt so aweful receiving this news. So I closed my eyes and just meditated on him. I'm not religious – don't go to church – but I do believe in a creator and that this existence is not all there is. So I thought about his end to suffering and that he was in a different existence now and I felt my sadness lift. I wish I could explain better but I lack that gift.

You were an inspiration Artie, and I truly hope I do get to meet you when it's my turn.

– Paul

_Paul_
                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

That hit really damn hard. Even though like most of us I never met Artie, he was family. He was always offering up his experience, helping people, in spite of all of his suffering.

i felt so aweful receiving this news. So I closed my eyes and just meditated on him. I'm not religious – don't go to church – but I do believe in a creator and that this existence is not all there is. So I thought about his end to suffering and that he was in a different existence now and I felt my sadness lift. I wish I could explain better but I lack that gift.

You were an inspiration Artie, and I truly hope I do get to meet you when it's my turn.

– Paul

Bubbles
                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Thankyou, Paul.  I like that.  c

Bubbles
                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Bubbles
                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

_Paul_
                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

– Paul

Viewing 62 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                                                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics