The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

start WBR on Mon

Forums General Melanoma Community start WBR on Mon

• This topic has 48 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by PSD.
    Participant

So far so good with the Temodar.  I've been on it for 2 or 3 days and so far no side effects.  I take it right before bed on an empty stomach (zofran as pre-med about half hour before!).

I've already done the simulation and stuff, so I am ready to start WBR on Mon. I'll do a 10 day course and then an MRI.

So far so good with the Temodar.  I've been on it for 2 or 3 days and so far no side effects.  I take it right before bed on an empty stomach (zofran as pre-med about half hour before!).

I've already done the simulation and stuff, so I am ready to start WBR on Mon. I'll do a 10 day course and then an MRI.

I've been around for a long time – fighting this for seven years.  I've seen so many of my friends and up in this position.  I'm not blind to the reality of what this means.  But I am also in pretty good spirits, knowing things could always be worse.  And knowing how many prayers, positive thoughts, and love are being sent out on my behalf – hard to feel sorry for yourself about anything when that's the case!

I'm so terribly worried about my friends Jerry and Knute.

Thanks for all the financial aid info on the Temador.  Luckily my insurance will be paying part of it, so it won't be as bad as I thought to get it.  See – lots to be thankful for!

I hate the idea that I may suffer some confusion & cognitive problems.  That's why I've always worried about having to do WBR/  As you all know I'm extremely proud of my razor sharp wit & intellect! *wink*  So here's hoping that's not too bad and my pretty little bald head doesn't get too burned!

Love,

Amy

Viewing 43 reply threads
    • Replies
        MaryBZ
        Participant

Hi Amy,

I have only been a part of this melanoma community since 2009 and you have been an inspiration to me.  I will offer up many prayers for you as you begin this next phase of your journey.  I will pray for continued strength and mental alertness.

Lots of love, postive energy, and prayers coming your way.

Mary

Fen
          Participant

You are right on all counts, Amy – especially the prayers, positive thoughts, and love parts. Gotta bunch heading your way right now.

Keep us posted when you can.

Fen

Janner
            Participant

Hoping everything goes "easy peasy" for you Amy!!!!

Hugs,

Janner

James from Sydney
              Participant

Hi Amy

i met a guy at a Support Meeting a few months ago and thought i'd let you know his story. He underwent surgery many times over a 2 year period, Lung resection, lymph node dissection  subq's removed and Brain Met removed and followed by WBR, at the meeting he told us that he had no cognitive loss and to me appeared normal, so there is always hope, by the way the good bit is his WBR was completed in 1994!

best wishes

James

triciad
                Participant

Amy,

Keep the fight going!  God speed for a full recovery!  You're in my prayers.

Tricia

Lori C
                  Participant

You will be in my prayers, Amy.  May the treatment be a huge success and none of the bad side effects.  There is a lot to be thankful for indeed. 

JenM
                    Participant
                      Amy,
                      Praying for u. I also wanted to mention about a patient my neuro onc told me about: he currently has a patient on Temodar for 5 years. Everytime they have tried to stop the Temodar brain mets pop up. The neuro onc adds back in the Temodar and they disappear! It’s just like a light switch.

Praying for u and that the treatment works.

Sherron
                      Participant

Okay Amy – I know you are dreading this, but you so brave and such a warrior….we all know you can do this.  I will praying and thinking of you and sending cyber Hugs.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim

Jerry from Cape Cod
                        Participant

Amy,

Great big Hugs and lots of prayers

Jerry from Cape Cod

Jerry from Cape Cod
                          Participant

Amy,

Great big Hugs and lots of prayers

Jerry from Cape Cod

Donna
                            Participant

You continue to be in my thoughts … hang in there. I know it is not fun … but go kick some mel a**!!!

Donna
                              Participant

You continue to be in my thoughts … hang in there. I know it is not fun … but go kick some mel a**!!!

King
                                Participant

You continue to amaze me with your strength.  You are such an inspiration to melanoma warriors, their friends and their family members.  Know that you'll continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Stay Strong
                                  King

Stage IV 7/05 LIver mets

King
                                  Participant

You continue to amaze me with your strength.  You are such an inspiration to melanoma warriors, their friends and their family members.  Know that you'll continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Stay Strong
                                    King

Stage IV 7/05 LIver mets

Jackie W
                                    Participant

Sending positive vibes for a successful treatment.  You can do it.

Hugs,

Jackie W

Jackie W
                                      Participant

Sending positive vibes for a successful treatment.  You can do it.

Hugs,

Jackie W

Sharyn
                                        Participant

Hi Amy,

You are truly heroic! I had WBR last Nov, and I didn't experience any cognitive problems or confusion at all. So I hope you won't either. Having WBR is a walk in the park compared to some other treatments. It's totally painless, like getting an x-ray. I lost my hair, so if your hair is already gone, that may make a difference. Hang in there, and best of luck to you. Lots of positive energy being sent your way.

Hugs

Sharyn

Stage IV

Sharyn
                                          Participant

Hi Amy,

You are truly heroic! I had WBR last Nov, and I didn't experience any cognitive problems or confusion at all. So I hope you won't either. Having WBR is a walk in the park compared to some other treatments. It's totally painless, like getting an x-ray. I lost my hair, so if your hair is already gone, that may make a difference. Hang in there, and best of luck to you. Lots of positive energy being sent your way.

Hugs

Sharyn

Stage IV

molly
                                            Participant

Amy, thinking about you today and lifting you up real high in prayers. 

molly

molly
                                              Participant

Amy, thinking about you today and lifting you up real high in prayers. 

molly

joy_
                                                Participant

Praying for you now, Amy.

joy_
                                                  Participant

Praying for you now, Amy.

Father is stage IV
                                                    Participant

Dear Amy,

I'm sending good thoughts your way!  I hope there aren't any side effects with WBR also!

Krista

Father is stage IV
                                                      Participant

Dear Amy,

I'm sending good thoughts your way!  I hope there aren't any side effects with WBR also!

Krista

jag
                                                        Participant

Amy, I am so impressed by your attitude, you make me look like a little sissy man by comparison,  will pray  that you don't experience the cognitive deficits.

jag
                                                          Participant

Amy, I am so impressed by your attitude, you make me look like a little sissy man by comparison,  will pray  that you don't experience the cognitive deficits.

Rocklove
                                                            Participant

We are praying for You Amy.

Rocky (Stage IV Liver Mets)

Rocklove
                                                              Participant

We are praying for You Amy.

Rocky (Stage IV Liver Mets)

JuleFL
                                                                Participant

Keeping the prayers coming your way, Amy.  Take care of that head!!

JuleFL
                                                                  Participant

Keeping the prayers coming your way, Amy.  Take care of that head!!

Knutes Pam
                                                                    Participant

Knute is doing better, he has been moved to rehab at the hospital. I feel he is a miracle from God for me. Tuesday night He was so tired and dizzy– not eating : but Wednesday It was like he woke up ! He was finishing lunch when I came after my work shift.   ONe of the first things he asked me was about Jerry's condition!  I haven't told him about WBR for you, but I will tomorrow!  He will continue to pray for you as will I.  You are beloved by many Miss Amy and I'm praying for all the comfort you have sent will be returned tenfold to you as you face this next challenge in your life.

Knute is the better writer and communicator, but I hope you can sense our love coming through this short missive.

Pam

Knutes Pam
                                                                      Participant

Knute is doing better, he has been moved to rehab at the hospital. I feel he is a miracle from God for me. Tuesday night He was so tired and dizzy– not eating : but Wednesday It was like he woke up ! He was finishing lunch when I came after my work shift.   ONe of the first things he asked me was about Jerry's condition!  I haven't told him about WBR for you, but I will tomorrow!  He will continue to pray for you as will I.  You are beloved by many Miss Amy and I'm praying for all the comfort you have sent will be returned tenfold to you as you face this next challenge in your life.

Knute is the better writer and communicator, but I hope you can sense our love coming through this short missive.

Pam

ValinMtl
                                                                        Participant

Dear Amy,

You are going to do this, Amy…and come out stronger for it!!  Val xxx

ValinMtl
                                                                          Participant

Dear Amy,

You are going to do this, Amy…and come out stronger for it!!  Val xxx

debbieVA
                                                                            Participant

Dear Amy….

You are my She-ro~!  Truly an inspiration….Keep fighting the fight with grace and courage.  

Love….

Debbie Stage 4 NED

debbieVA
                                                                              Participant

Dear Amy….

You are my She-ro~!  Truly an inspiration….Keep fighting the fight with grace and courage.  

Love….

Debbie Stage 4 NED

Carol Taylor
                                                                                Participant

Lord, in Your mercy see Amy through this. Let blessings arise, protect her wit and intellect and enable her to share those attributes with others. And God, we pray she keeps her clarity. Hold her, grant her Your grace and peace about this, and thank You for using her as a source of hope and inspiration. Much mercy for Amy. Amen.

Carol Taylor
                                                                                  Participant

Lord, in Your mercy see Amy through this. Let blessings arise, protect her wit and intellect and enable her to share those attributes with others. And God, we pray she keeps her clarity. Hold her, grant her Your grace and peace about this, and thank You for using her as a source of hope and inspiration. Much mercy for Amy. Amen.

NancyGM
                                                                                    Participant

Amy, I wish you the best of luck with your Temodar treatment and the WBR. I did 10 rounds of Temodar ( for lung met) with very minor side effects in 2007 and had a full, durable response. Sending lots of support your way!

NancyGM
                                                                                      Participant

Amy, I wish you the best of luck with your Temodar treatment and the WBR. I did 10 rounds of Temodar ( for lung met) with very minor side effects in 2007 and had a full, durable response. Sending lots of support your way!

TAC
                                                                                        Participant

Amy, your grace in the face of such formidable odds is inspiring. May God grant you His healing power and eradicate the mets while preserving your essence, you. We have all witnessed miracles and I pray for one for you. You have demonstrated for us all how to deal with adversity and yet not succumb to bitterness. Lots of folks here lifting your name to the Almighty…..He is listening and will bring you peace.

TAC
                                                                                          Participant

Amy, your grace in the face of such formidable odds is inspiring. May God grant you His healing power and eradicate the mets while preserving your essence, you. We have all witnessed miracles and I pray for one for you. You have demonstrated for us all how to deal with adversity and yet not succumb to bitterness. Lots of folks here lifting your name to the Almighty…..He is listening and will bring you peace.

PSD
                                                                                            Participant

Amy,

Best thoughts and wishes for you and your family! I will give an extra prayer for all of you Monday!

Pam – PSD

PSD
                                                                                              Participant

Amy,

Best thoughts and wishes for you and your family! I will give an extra prayer for all of you Monday!

Pam – PSD

Viewing 43 reply threads
                                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics