The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scan Results

Forums General Melanoma Community Scan Results

Participant

Just got results from my PET/CT, first one since starting Ipi/Nivo, and the main area of concern was the groin lymph node that tested positive in October sending me back down the path of needing a better treatment plan… and that lymph node is now very small and very little uptake, so much that they believe there isn't much, if any, cancer in that lymph node anymore. Woo! Happy birthday to me!

I've been dealing with fevers nightly for over 2 weeks (slowly getting better and less intense) and feeling pretty crappy, so I expected to hear there were a lot of reactive lymph nodes.. and yes, a bunch. My neck, clavicle, chest, armpits, abdomen.. basically all over my lymph nodes are pretty pissed off. But, all looking reactive. My spleen is a little enlarged as well. Liver enzymes are 3 times the norm so my first Nivo only infusion was cancelled today.. next one is in two weeks.. so hopefully this extra time will help my body calm down and not be so mad at me.

Tumor board will still review my report tomorrow, just good to get lots of good doc's opinions and see what they think too. The only area they might want to investigate again would be my left armpit lymph node since that was another one that was questionable back in Sept and it's grown since then. But, I won't worry about it if they don't bring it up.

My 30th birthday is on Saturday and I'm ready to just feel better and start the next decade of my life!

question: This might be a silly question and I can just email my onc, but I am having a birthday party next weekend and it's a wine and cheese theme.. because those are my 2 favorite things… but, with my liver being a little angry, is it safe to have some wine?

Viewing 71 reply threads
    • Replies
        debwray
        Participant

Hi Jenn,

Like the direction of travel. Great news all in all and fevers getting better too. Happy Birthday .

As for wine…bet a little of what you fancy will be OK but go easy ..

Great news

D xx

debwray
          Participant

Hi Jenn,

Like the direction of travel. Great news all in all and fevers getting better too. Happy Birthday .

Great news

D xx

debwray
            Participant

Hi Jenn,

Great news

D xx

debwray
              Participant

Hi Jenn,

Great news

D xx

debwray
                Participant

Hi Jenn,

Great news

D xx

debwray
                  Participant

Hi Jenn,

Great news

D xx

debwray
                    Participant

Hi Jenn,

Great news

D xx

debwray
                      Participant

Hi Jenn,

Great news

D xx

debwray
                        Participant

Hi Jenn,

Great news

D xx

Nicklindner
                          Participant

Jenn great news!  That is awesome to hear. Hopefully your body responds well to the rest. 

I am on the combo as well and they told me a little alcohol is ok but don't go crazy. Hope you have a fun time. 

jennunicorn
                              Participant

Thank you, hope the combo does good things for you too

jennunicorn
                                Participant

jennunicorn
                                  Participant

Nicklindner
                                  Participant

Jenn great news!  That is awesome to hear. Hopefully your body responds well to the rest. 

I am on the combo as well and they told me a little alcohol is ok but don't go crazy. Hope you have a fun time. 

Nicklindner
                                    Participant

Polymath
                                      Participant

Hey Jenn,

First of all Happy Birthday and yes, just a little sip or two of your favorite wine is likely to do no harm.  As you know, we need to celebrate each day that we are standing, fighting the beast.  As for your scans and complications, we can only hope for the best outcomes, sending positive vibes your way.  I'll be in SF soon for my PET/CT, the first after my surgery.  What's next, seems to always be the question.

Gary

jennunicorn
                                          Participant

Thank you Gary! Best of luck on your travels over to the mainland and on your scan, will keep positive thoughts for you as always!

jennunicorn
                                            Participant

Thank you Gary! Best of luck on your travels over to the mainland and on your scan, will keep positive thoughts for you as always!

jennunicorn
                                              Participant

Polymath
                                              Participant

Hey Jenn,

First of all Happy Birthday and yes, just a little sip or two of your favorite wine is likely to do no harm.  As you know, we need to celebrate each day that we are standing, fighting the beast.  As for your scans and complications, we can only hope for the best outcomes, sending positive vibes your way.  I'll be in SF soon for my PET/CT, the first after my surgery.  What's next, seems to always be the question.

Gary

Polymath
                                                Participant

Hey Jenn,

Gary

Casitas1
                                                  Participant

Great to hear! Congratulations Yeah, I had a few beers while liver was 10 times over limit and I am still around. Enjoy!

Paul

jennunicorn
                                                      Participant

Haha, glad to know a glass of wine won't kill me, thanks Paul!

jennunicorn
                                                        Participant

jennunicorn
                                                          Participant

Casitas1
                                                          Participant

Great to hear! Congratulations Yeah, I had a few beers while liver was 10 times over limit and I am still around. Enjoy!

Paul

Casitas1
                                                            Participant

Paul

Bubbles
                                                              Participant

While,  I realize it may feel like your body is mad at YOU….it is REALLY mad at melanoma and I am glad!!!  Happy birthday…and…CHEERS!!!  celeste

jennunicorn
                                                                  Participant

That is a much better way to put it, my body is on my side in my feelings for melanoma! Thanks Celeste!

jennunicorn
                                                                    Participant

That is a much better way to put it, my body is on my side in my feelings for melanoma! Thanks Celeste!

jennunicorn
                                                                      Participant

Bubbles
                                                                      Participant

While,  I realize it may feel like your body is mad at YOU….it is REALLY mad at melanoma and I am glad!!!  Happy birthday…and…CHEERS!!!  celeste

Bubbles
                                                                        Participant

JoshF
                                                                          Participant

Cheers and Happy Birthday!!! Great news Jen!!

jennunicorn
                                                                              Participant

Thank you Josh! Sending love!

jennunicorn
                                                                                Participant

jennunicorn
                                                                                  Participant

JoshF
                                                                                  Participant

JoshF
                                                                                    Participant

BrianP
                                                                                      Participant

Your post made my day Jenn.  Happy Birthday and congrats.  Hope you continue to feel better and better.

Brian

jennunicorn
                                                                                          Participant

Thank you so much Brian 🙂

jennunicorn
                                                                                            Participant

jennunicorn
                                                                                              Participant

BrianP
                                                                                              Participant

Your post made my day Jenn.  Happy Birthday and congrats.  Hope you continue to feel better and better.

Brian

BrianP
                                                                                                Participant

Brian

Mark_DC
                                                                                                  Participant

Hi Jenn was worried about you and thinking of you too, so glad for the good results

as for the alcohol, my doctor is much stricter and does not let me drink, because of liver readings, no tylenol either. Am now kn steroids to get my readings down. My last drink was half a glass of wine on new years eve and before that four sips of wine before christmas. Am sorry to be a downer unlike the others here, who are much more expert, but i dont want them do put your treatment on hold. I cannot see that a small glass of wine will make any difference and will make you feel better, why not just email your doctor?

good luck and well done

jennunicorn
                                                                                                      Participant

I will still email my doc in the morning and see what she says. Thank you Mark!

jennunicorn
                                                                                                        Participant

jennunicorn
                                                                                                          Participant

Mark_DC
                                                                                                          Participant

Hi Jenn was worried about you and thinking of you too, so glad for the good results

as for the alcohol, my doctor is much stricter and does not let me drink, because of liver readings, no tylenol either. Am now kn steroids to get my readings down. My last drink was half a glass of wine on new years eve and before that four sips of wine before christmas. Am sorry to be a downer unlike the others here, who are much more expert, but i dont want them do put your treatment on hold. I cannot see that a small glass of wine will make any difference and will make you feel better, why not just email your doctor?

good luck and well done

Mark_DC
                                                                                                            Participant

good luck and well done

jbronicki
                                                                                                              Participant

Great news indeed, can't think of a better birthday gift.  Happy birthday and enjoy your 30's!

jbronicki
                                                                                                                Participant

Great news indeed, can't think of a better birthday gift.  Happy birthday and enjoy your 30's!

jbronicki
                                                                                                                  Participant

Jahendry12
                                                                                                                    Participant

Congrats Jen!  

Jahendry12
                                                                                                                      Participant

Congrats Jen!  

Jahendry12
                                                                                                                        Participant

Congrats Jen!  

Maria C
                                                                                                                          Participant

Hi Jenn, my son's birthday is Saturday too 🙂 A great day to celebrate, to be sure!

Congratulations on your good news and I hope you get to spend your entire birthday without a thought about melanoma, these boards, etc. Definitely toast your day "off" from worries!!

jennunicorn
                                                                                                                              Participant

It's a great day for a birthday 🙂 Thank you Maria!

jennunicorn
                                                                                                                                Participant

jennunicorn
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Maria C
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Hi Jenn, my son's birthday is Saturday too 🙂 A great day to celebrate, to be sure!

Congratulations on your good news and I hope you get to spend your entire birthday without a thought about melanoma, these boards, etc. Definitely toast your day "off" from worries!!

Maria C
                                                                                                                                    Participant

_Paul_
                                                                                                                                      Participant

This is great news Jen! I am very happy for you. And the timing is awesome! Woohoo!!!

– Paul

jennunicorn
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Timing is everything, isn't it? It was either going to be the worst birthday of my life or an uplifting one! 

Thanks Paul, always in my thoughts.

jennunicorn
                                                                                                                                            Participant

Timing is everything, isn't it? It was either going to be the worst birthday of my life or an uplifting one! 

jennunicorn
                                                                                                                                              Participant

_Paul_
                                                                                                                                              Participant

This is great news Jen! I am very happy for you. And the timing is awesome! Woohoo!!!

– Paul

_Paul_
                                                                                                                                                Participant

– Paul

snow white
                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Such great news Jenn.  Congrats to you!  Enjoy a few sips of wine and lots of cheese!!!! I love cheese to!  Enjoy.

xo Jen

snow white
                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Such great news Jenn.  Congrats to you!  Enjoy a few sips of wine and lots of cheese!!!! I love cheese to!  Enjoy.

xo Jen

snow white
                                                                                                                                                      Participant

xo Jen

Patrisa
                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Congratulations Jenn,  I´m so happy for you!

Patrisa

Patrisa
                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Patrisa

Patrisa
                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Patrisa

maperny
                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Happy Big 30!,!!!!

Have a fantastic celebration. And your news is AWESOME

Maria

maperny
                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Happy Big 30!,!!!!

Maria

maperny
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Happy Big 30!,!!!!

Maria

Scooby123
                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

So pleased for you Hun , Happy birthday get that wine open. Hoping you feel better with fevers. Enjoy 

scooby

Scooby123
                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

So pleased for you Hun , Happy birthday get that wine open. Hoping you feel better with fevers. Enjoy 

scooby

Scooby123
                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

scooby

jenny22
                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Hi Jenn-

Happy to read your good news today….glad to hear the scans looked good….

Happy Happy 30th bday!!!!! wishing you many more happy and healthy birthdays.

Best,

jenny

jenny22
                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Hi Jenn-

Best,

jenny

jenny22
                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Hi Jenn-

Best,

jenny

keepthefaith11
                                                                                                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                  So happy to hear! Enjoy your birthday and enjoy that glass of wine!

Annie

jennunicorn
                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Thanks so much Annie!

jennunicorn
                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Thanks so much Annie!

jennunicorn
                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Thanks so much Annie!

keepthefaith11
                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Annie

keepthefaith11
                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Annie

Mat
                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Great news Jenn.  Happy birthday and have that glass of wine!

jennunicorn
                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Thank you Mat! My doc said I could have 2, woo!

jennunicorn
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

jennunicorn
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Mat
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Mat
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

SOLE
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Simply Happy Birthday!
                                                                                                                                                                                                          SOLE
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Simply Happy Birthday!
                                                                                                                                                                                                            SOLE
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Simply Happy Birthday!
                                                                                                                                                                                                              iskitwo
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Glad to hear you had good results!! Happy Bitrthday!!

Missy

iskitwo
                                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Missy

iskitwo
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Missy

Mamapegela
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

I haven't been on this site in awhile but wanted to add my name to the list of well wishers and tell you I'm so happy for you!

Peggy

jennunicorn
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Thank you so much Peggy!

jennunicorn
                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Thank you so much Peggy!

jennunicorn
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Thank you so much Peggy!

Mamapegela
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

I haven't been on this site in awhile but wanted to add my name to the list of well wishers and tell you I'm so happy for you!

Peggy

Mamapegela
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Peggy

Viewing 71 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics