The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Pet scan results clear!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Pet scan results clear!!

Participant

Hi all

after my lung resection in November (lower lobe) I had a pet in January that was clear. My oncologist has organized 3 monthly pets for this year and if I make it clear to 2018 we will move to 6 monthly. Well the good news is that this weeks pet was clear so 5 months after the op I'm still NED. However severe joint inflammation still evident on the pet. I have been on sulfazalasine for a few weeks and waiting for it to kick in and managing to keep working so I am over the moon happy. Hoping for positive results for all of you wonderful supportive people who I rely on so much for help and information

Anne-Louise 

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

Awesome Sauce!!!!!!!  So happy for your continued NED status!!!  That is wonderful!  Sorry the joint issues and pain continue.  I hope relief comes soon!  love, c

Jubes
            Participant

heart

Julie in SoCal
            Participant

Woohoooo!  Happy dancing here in SoCal! Ok, honestly it's more like waving my arms in the air for joy as my knees and back don't dance anymore… but know there's a celebration happening here!

Shalom,

Julie

Jubes
                Participant

heart

SABKLYN
                Participant

Yay Jubes!!

Mark_DC
                  Participant

Well done Jubes, great news!

BrianP
                    Participant

Fantastic Anne-Louise!  I like the sound of 6 month scans.

jennunicorn
                      Participant

Awesome news!

TexMelanomex
                          Participant

YES! YES! YES! Awesome and congratulations!!!

Cindyco
                          Participant

Great news! So happy for you!

raun cesar
                            Participant

That is wonderful…Good Luck for the future

iskitwo
                              Participant

Great new!! Always nice to hear about good scan results!! 

Mat
                                Participant

Anne-Louise, great news!  And please let us know how you make out on the sulfzalasine.  I started methatrexate 2 weeks ago.  So far, no significant benefit–but still too early to expect a benefit.  Also finding that the Kenalog shots don't last very long–back to walking quite slowly.

Jahendry12
                                  Participant

Thanks for sharing.  Love hearing good news.  Awesome – so happy for you!!!!!!!

jbronicki
                                      Participant

There is really nothing better than hearing news like that! Congrats!

cancersnewnormal
                                      Participant

That's great news! Well… mostly great news  : )  Now to kick that inflammation to the curb… grrrrrrr. 

Casitas1
                                        Participant
                                          That’s Great News! Happy limping with you as well.Best, Paul
                                          Jubes
                                          Participant

I wanted to thank you all individually with a heart but I got confused where I was up to so thanks everyone heart

maperny
                                            Participant

Wonderful!  Fantastic! Excellent!  

Maria

jenny22
                                              Participant

Congrats on such great news…………………..celebrate and lets hope for same for all your upcoming PETS.

snow white
                                                Participant

Yahooooooooo! Congrats!

Scooby123
                                                  Participant

Hi Jubes I keep trying to reply but problem. So if this goes then we'll done Hun keep up the good work enjoy .

scooby 

rabbits68
                                                    Participant

Rejoicing with you in your good news and praying for continued healing for you!

MikeW
                                                      Participant

Fantastic news!!

debwray
                                                        Participant

Geat news.. We all need to hear success stories. DElighted for you nd your family.

Deb

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics