The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

JerryFauq

Forums General Melanoma Community JerryFauq

Participant

Jerry had a bad accident last night.  He fell off a horse and was dragged.  He was airlifted to a hospital in Denver.  I just got off the phone with his wife Sue and she told me he is in critical condition.  He broke some bones in his face and needs surgery, but he can't have it yet because he is having respitory problems.   Please send prayers his way.

Jackie W

Jerry had a bad accident last night.  He fell off a horse and was dragged.  He was airlifted to a hospital in Denver.  I just got off the phone with his wife Sue and she told me he is in critical condition.  He broke some bones in his face and needs surgery, but he can't have it yet because he is having respitory problems.   Please send prayers his way.

Jackie W

Viewing 33 reply threads
    • Replies
        Tim–MRF

I am so sorry to hear this.  Does he have family in Denver?  We have a group of melanoma patients there who might be able to help out.

Tim

Jackie W
            Participant

I don't know what hospital he is in.  His wife and son are in a motel somewhere near the hospital.  I can call her and find out where he is and if she would like some of the Denver people to get in touch with her.

Jackie W

babybluiz
              Participant

Jackie, Once you find out I am in the area and would be more than happy to help out if needed. Please just let me know

tanyasteve
                Participant

This is Jerry's daughter. Dad was out here to visit with us. We live in the Buena Vista area (which is 120 miles from Denver). We are looking for a place where mom, my brother, and me can spend some nights while he is in ICU. It is a two hour drive to get to my house. We would like to be closer to the hospital than that. Any help you could give would be great and PRAY! Thanks, Tanya

babybluiz
                  Participant

Tanya,

I am trying to find you guys a place right now. I have spent all day talking with people. I am waiting for a return calls from most of them. I will let you guys know if I come across anything. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you guys. I am not far from Denver at all.

Laura

tanyasteve
                    Participant

thanks. Mom and Todd went to my place tonight. I am sleeping on a couch in the waiting room.

JerryfromFauq
                      Participant

People, note the date.  I'm "o'k for this year 2011 (as of 9/4)".  I posted a small update at the end of this post I just found from last year when the Denver Docs were sure I was dead.

JerryfromFauq
                        Participant

People, note the date.  I'm "o'k for this year 2011 (as of 9/4)".  I posted a small update at the end of this post I just found from last year when the Denver Docs were sure I was dead.

lhaley
                        Participant

Oh Jackie, Special prayers are being said for a very special man.   I know he was visiting with family there but I'm sure they could use whatever support can be given.

Thank you for letting us know.

Linda

Becky
                            Participant

I agree..special prayers for a special man…

Becky

Sharon in Reno
                              Participant

Sending healing prayers now for a quick & complete recovery….we love you Jerry, big hugs & love wrapping around you, feel the love, feel the healing…… love, Sharon in Reno

DonW
                              Participant

Someone left a message in the chat room and I posted it on the off topic because I hadn't seen this thread. The hospital is St. Anthony Central in Denver.

ValinMtl
                                Participant

I'm so saddened to hear this. This is absolutely awful. Sending prayers his way. Val xx

Janet2
                                  Participant

I am so sorry to hear about Jerry's bad accident and hope he soon improves. Sending healing prayers.

Janet 

Lori C
                                      Participant

Oh, no – prayers for healing to Jerry and family.  Jerry has been an enormous blessing to me and many others here.  I am so sorry he's going through this now.

Bonnie Lea
                                      Participant

Oh dear Jerry  You  are  a great friend.  Understanding husband and a great help to those on this board.  Speedy and safe and full recovery for you are being prayed for.

heart

King
                                        Participant

I'm so sorry to hear this.  Jerry is tough and I pray for a full recovery.  Be careful melanoma warriors…Jane from Maine had multiple injuries from a fall from a horse a few months ago.  I guess we try to live life to the fullest!  Thinking of Jerry and his family.

Stay Strong
                                          King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

washoegal
                                          Participant

Jerry has been such a help to everyone on the forum.  He is the best.  Make sure you tell him how many people are pulling for him. 

babybluiz
                                            Participant

I have spoken to sue just a little bit ago. There is a little improvement with jerry, but still not doing well. She said the only thing that they need as of right now is a place to stay.  I am currently working on trying to contact friends and family in denver area to find them a place to stay as I live to far away. If anyone in the denver area or close surrounding has the space for 2-3 people or if anyone knows any one living in these areas that would be willing to open up their homes to the family that would be a great help

KellieSue
                                                Participant

So sorry to hear about Jerry's accident. Hoping he continues to improve! Such an asset to the community!

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV STABLE

EricNJill
                                                Participant

The just posted pictures of Jerry in the ICU in Denver on his Facebook Page.  Oh my gosh, it brought tears to my eyes.  I will be praying for him!

jag
                                                  Participant

Jerry, prayers and God Bless.

John

Tim D
                                                    Participant

How do i find Jerry in facebook?

lhaley
                                                        Participant

T Jerry Ellis

Cate
                                                        Participant

I am so sorry to hear this.  Jerry has been very helpful to me when posting answers to questions on this board.  He will be in my thoughts and prayers.

djpayn
                                                          Participant

Brandi and I are following the updates on FB. Jerry is a great and amazing friend (and roomie, lol) we are praying for him and his family. 

Dawna

djpayn
                                                            Participant

Brandi and I are following the updates on FB. Jerry is a great and amazing friend (and roomie, lol) we are praying for him and his family. 

Dawna

tanyasteve
                                                              Participant

this is Jerry's daughter and I just wanted to thank everyone for your kind words and prayers. I know dad will love hearing all your messages. I will pass them along to him and mom. Please keep praying!!

Rebecca and Bob
                                                                Participant

Just saw this info about Jerry. I'm so sorry to hear this, tell him he is in our thoughts and prayers. Praying for a good recovery. He is always so helpful to everyone on this board.

Rebecca and Bob.

Jenjen
                                                                  Participant

Jerry..wishing you a speedy recovery and praying for you more than usual. You have been such a great friend and help to me on this board and throughout my melanoma journey..don't know what i would do without you. Praying for you and a speedy recovery.

Jenjen

Jenjen
                                                                    Participant

Jerry..wishing you a speedy recovery and praying for you more than usual. You have been such a great friend and help to me on this board and throughout my melanoma journey..don't know what i would do without you. Praying for you and a speedy recovery.

Jenjen

Kevin from Atlanta
                                                                      Participant

The hospital offers the Yaffe House, they offer lodging for free but appreciate any donations. I use the same type house when I go Knoxville for treatments.

Jerry is a wonderful person and wish him well.

http://www.stanthonycentral.org/index.php/1582/Yaffe-House

The Yaffe House
                                                                        3700 W. 17th Avenue
                                                                        Denver, CO  80204
                                                                        Phone: 303-405-4275

babybluiz
                                                                          Participant

Thank you kevin for posting this.

tanyasteve
                                                                            Participant

thanks. we are second on the waiting list. no room in the inn tonight!

babybluiz
                                                                              Participant

Tanya,

I'll keep looking for you. Just let me know if you were able to get into the Yaffe house or not. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. I will be in the denver area tomorrow.

Laura

MaryD
                                                                              Participant

I'm so sorry to hear this – how terrible.   Sending prayers for Jerry's recovery and to find a place for his family . .

Mary

Jim in Denver
                                                                                Participant

Jackie,

Can't believe what happened.  Please let us know how Jerry is doing when you can.  Just saw the post and am wondering if there something I can do to help today?  Not sure about staying at our place, but if you are still looking for accomodations, I might be able to help.  You can reach me at j[email protected]

Sending prayers…….

Jim in Denver

tanyasteve
                                                                                    Participant

we think we have a place in the Yaffe house tonight. Thank you for all the prayers. Keep them coming. Not much to report on dad. status is about the same.

Jim in Denver
                                                                                      Participant

Please let me know if there is something I can do to help.  I am in S Denver.  Sending hugs and prayers……

[email protected]

Yawn
                                                                                      Participant

Please include me among those wishing for Jerry's speedy recovery.  Will be looking for updates (when you can). 

leni currie
                                                                                        Participant

Sending all strength at this tough time – Jerry is a fighter- just gear up for another fight – enjoyed meeting him at the Dean Hedstrom Golf Outing this past May.  Hang in there –

tanyasteve
                                                                                          Participant

update on Jerry (dad):  he is holding steady. They took him off the vent for 2 hours today and he did great. They will try him off vent for a few hours everyday. He is off BP meds and looking good on that front too. Still sediated for the most part. If he does not regress at all, he is scheduled for some plastic surgery on Wednesday….maybe he will come out looking like Brad Pitt!! LOL

We did get into the Yaffe house (thank you everyone!!!!!). It is a big relief to have a place to rest.

Mom is just now starting to worry about the amount of surgeries that may be in the future and the cost of them…but that is a bridge we will cross later.

helicopter ride $10,000……..1st night in the hospital $15,000….having my daddy back PRICELESS!!!!!!!!

thanks everyone for your encouragment and prayers!!!!

-Tanya H

MichaelFL
                                                                                              Participant

Glad he is improving.

Tell him no more horse back riding and not to worry about the mangoes and chicken!

Michael in Lakeland

James from Sydney
                                                                                                Participant

Hey Jerry sorry to hear about the accident, get better real soon, you can't keep a good man down!.

best wishes

James

tanyasteve
                                                                                                Participant

Hello all this is Tracey my father's youngest daughter just wanted to give an update today they took out the main line and are putting a pic line instead ,they will put in a trach tomorrow when they do the first of what will be many many sugeries,they tried giving him his break off the vent but it didn't go well today.Dad and I have talked many times about everyone on here and how wonderful you all are you are like extended family that 's why I wanted you guys to know what was going on as it goes ,he really cares for you guys and I know he will be back on on here soon , I will never lose faith my dad is a hell of a fighter and tough as nail's exmarine lol thats coming straight from the plastic surgerons mouth.

lhaley
                                                                                                    Participant

Tracey,

Thank you for the update.  We love your dad and are so concerned.

Linda

bcl
                                                                                                      Participant

Oh Tracy, you are so good keeping us up to date, thank you! So many of us are rooting for him. I hope once he gets the trach you will see even more improvement in his condition.. I know it helped my husband when he had severe facial injuries. linda

babybluiz
                                                                                                        Participant

Thanks for the update. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

triciad
                                                                                                        Participant

I am so sorry to hear about Jerry's accident.  He has been such a plethora of information throughout my time on the board.  He has been there for many…and we will be there for him.  I look forward to seeing some more of his posts…soon!  Please know that prayers are coming your way for a full recovery.

Tricia

JenM
                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                            Wow just read this and I’m stunned. Jerry is one of the best people on this board. He brings a great mix of info, sound common sesnse, humor, and compassion. Always one of the first to respond…esp if you are freaking out about something. Will be praying for him right now.

Thank u for keeping us informed family….very kind of you during this time.

Regards,
                                                                                                            Jen

debandmike
                                                                                                            Participant

I have not been on the board much lately so I just learned of this sad news. Hope Jerry is doing much better. He has been such a big help to my husband and I with advice and kind words.

Praying for Jerry and his family.

Mike and Debby

debandmike
                                                                                                              Participant

I have not been on the board much lately so I just learned of this sad news. Hope Jerry is doing much better. He has been such a big help to my husband and I with advice and kind words.

Praying for Jerry and his family.

Mike and Debby

debandmike
                                                                                                                Participant

Sorry Jerry,

I read the year wrong. Silly me, you must think I am crazy. Glad to hear you did recover from your accident.

Mike and Debby

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                                                    Participant

Yeah, I did a double take about the year.  Couldn't figure out how this track got on the current board at first.  Thank you.  I would never have seen it if you hadn't!

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                                                      Participant

Yeah, I did a double take about the year.  Couldn't figure out how this track got on the current board at first.  Thank you.  I would never have seen it if you hadn't!

debandmike
                                                                                                                      Participant

Sorry Jerry,

I read the year wrong. Silly me, you must think I am crazy. Glad to hear you did recover from your accident.

Mike and Debby

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                                                        Participant

WOW!!  This is the first time I've seen these posts.  Y'all are all so wonderful.  Prayer must have really worked since I'm still here to respond.  I'm about to think I should wallpaper my room with the things I should have died from in my life.   

I'll probably never be back to where I was, but I'm so much better than the Neurological Intensive Care Unit (NICU) ever expected me to be. 

I'll give a little update.  My eyesight isn't as sharp as I'm used to, but I can still read (and look at women!).  Wife says 'look all I want, just no touching!'  Face is a little crooked, nose leans and slants, but still smells (does that sound right?)  Hugh lump in throat from Trach causes problems in swallowing, mis-aligned jaws (and lack of grinding teeth) make eating harder.  Apparently the nerves from the taste buds were injured and nothing tastes really great anymore (at least now not as bitter as things tasted for the first 8 months). Heck of a way to loose weight.  Can I sell a book on how to loose weight?  My head is a litte more lumpy, and I look about 10-15 years older than in July 2010I  Laura, from Colorado, has lost a fair amount of weight.  Says she did it with hard work, didn't want to try it my way.  She has been so great to me and my family. All the help and support y'all have provided my family, even it wasn't directly melanoma related has been so special.  What an extended family the MPIP/MRF has been!

I still say God has had enough opportunities to take me on to Heaven and hasn't, so he must have more he wants from me here on earth.

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                                                          Participant

WOW!!  This is the first time I've seen these posts.  Y'all are all so wonderful.  Prayer must have really worked since I'm still here to respond.  I'm about to think I should wallpaper my room with the things I should have died from in my life.   

I'll probably never be back to where I was, but I'm so much better than the Neurological Intensive Care Unit (NICU) ever expected me to be. 

I'll give a little update.  My eyesight isn't as sharp as I'm used to, but I can still read (and look at women!).  Wife says 'look all I want, just no touching!'  Face is a little crooked, nose leans and slants, but still smells (does that sound right?)  Hugh lump in throat from Trach causes problems in swallowing, mis-aligned jaws (and lack of grinding teeth) make eating harder.  Apparently the nerves from the taste buds were injured and nothing tastes really great anymore (at least now not as bitter as things tasted for the first 8 months). Heck of a way to loose weight.  Can I sell a book on how to loose weight?  My head is a litte more lumpy, and I look about 10-15 years older than in July 2010I  Laura, from Colorado, has lost a fair amount of weight.  Says she did it with hard work, didn't want to try it my way.  She has been so great to me and my family. All the help and support y'all have provided my family, even it wasn't directly melanoma related has been so special.  What an extended family the MPIP/MRF has been!

I still say God has had enough opportunities to take me on to Heaven and hasn't, so he must have more he wants from me here on earth.

Viewing 33 reply threads
                                                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics