The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Celeste Asked Me To Post This

Forums General Melanoma Community Celeste Asked Me To Post This

Participant

Hi all,

Celeste asked me to post this from her blog on her behalf in regards to how she was doing. She asked me to copy and paste this from her blog.

This is a short update for my friend SUPER WOMAN Celeste. On her behave I can say the past few days have been difficult,but she handles it all with strength and determination to get better. Picking up from her post. Appendix removed 8/30 and it was found to be cancerous. Most likely goblet cell carcinoma. This resulted in appendix and 1/3 of her colon being removed. The good news is they were able to get clear margins. The not so good news is she developed a ileus couple of days ago. After being miserable and having a distended stomach along with vomiting this am a NGT was placed. Although the tube is uncomfortable, it has brought great relief. She has had over 2 liters of stomach contents output today!!! Hopefully tomorrow her pathology report will be back. Please pray with me that she has a speedy recovery AND the path report tells us no further treatment is need. Stay strong Celeste, you got this!!

Viewing 36 reply threads
    • Replies
        Johnjk04
        Participant

Awww Les – what was thought to be just an appendix removal turned around and kicked your butt a little. I will send my prayers and thoughts to you. Looking forward to your posts down the road.

Scooby123
          Participant

So sorry Hun you dealing with this, I brought 5 litres of bile in a night. Had a NGT tube and yes uncomfortable but great relief. Praying you get well and home soon. 

scooby❤️

bjeans
            Participant

I’ve been so worried about you, Celeste – and hope with all my heart you will soon be on the mend and doing all things bubbly in your kick butt and embrace life style. 

Hugs – 

Beth

smiller
              Participant

Oh my—Hang in there and Get Well Soon.

Sending hugs your way Celeste!!

Jim's wife

BillB
                Participant

Positive thoughts and prayers for good results and a speedy recovery are headed your way. Looking forward to good results.

Bill

GeoTony
                  Participant

Hang in there Celeste, you have a lot of people on your side

My thoughts are with you

Tony D

mandyjill
                    Participant

Prayers your Celeste…angel

VinceMart
                      Participant

Stay strong Celeste, you’ve got this!

Mark_DC
                          Participant

Hi Celeste – have been thinking about you, and emailing you too. Am hoping they caught this early and that you have a good path report. And that you recover soon. You know you have so many fans here, we are really grateful and are all rooting for you

good luck and take care Mark

NSNewf
                            Participant

Hey Celeste 

Sorry to hear what you are going through. Take care, hoping for a favourable path. 

All my best

gopher38
                            Participant

Pulling for you in Minneapolis.

HeidiZ
                              Participant

Celeste, I was so sorry to hear this news.  You are one of the strongest people I know.  Sending you prayers for a speedy recovery.

Heidi

jennunicorn
                                Participant

Holy moly Celeste! Sending huge hugs and tons of positive vibes your way!! 

AshleyS
                                  Participant

I’m sending so many positive vibes and prayers!

Ashley

happyfeet123
                                      Participant

For someone who has provided inspiration, education, and adovacy we all wish you a speedy recovery.   You got this.

cavsnut
                                        Participant

Oh geez Celeste! My heart skipped a beat when I read this…you are such an inspiration and fighter! You got this! I’ll be thinking and of course praying for you. 

Craig 

SABKLYN
                                        Participant

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Celeste.

marta010
                                          Participant

Sending prayers for a speedy recovery and positive outcome.

Ann

jagstter
                                            Participant

Sending love & prayers your way, Celeste! You have been so kind to so many … I know I have benefitted greatly from your selfless contributions to this board. In fact, many critical decisions continue to be guided by your wisdom! Thank you, Celeste … may God bless & quickly heal you.

Nick C
                                              Participant

Prayers and good thoughts are being sent your way. Hoping all things come back positive.

Nick

Maureen038
                                                  Participant

Thanks Nick for letting us know about Celeste! I just read her blog and it’s horrible all that she has been through.

Celeste, you are an incredible person that has made this site so helpful!!! You are a true warrior and I hope you feel better soon and one day can take your trip to Italy when you feel better. I’m very sorry you are dealing with so much!!

Love,

Maureen❤️

MelanomaMike
                                                    Participant
                                                      Haha, you mean Eric W….
                                                    guynamedbilly
                                                    Participant

Sorry to hear this, but there's nobody stronger to fight it.  Good luck!

Casitas1
                                                      Participant
                                                        Get well soon!
                                                        GreggL
                                                        Participant

Hi Celeste,

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having to deal with all this. You have helped me and countless others over the years. I hope you feel better soon. 

MelanomaMike
                                                          Participant

Thank you Eric for having Bubbles back! i was wondering where the heck she was!

ok, oh jeez, another hurdle i guess, we learn here at MRF {even family & caregivers} to deal with such hurdles, side effects from our meds, effects of our Melanoma & the complications of just everything involved. We will stand by her, we freakin NEED CELESTE! half the time we cannot understand our paperwork {reports} and we need translations! haha…shes much more then a translator, shes our sister, our fellow Warrior battling the very same enemy of our bodies…please tell her we LOVE her…Thanks Eric!! you rock..

tedtell1
                                                            Participant

Gosh; Celeste is a rock. AND A SURVIVOR! God Bless and keep you amazing lady. Prayers and good vibes being sent your way .

Ted

iskitwo
                                                              Participant

Prayers for quick healing!

KellyH
                                                                Participant

Oh no….I’m sorry to hear this Celeste!!!!!! You are such an inspiration and a huge support to everyone on this forum. Please know how much love and support you now have. Prayers for a speedy recovery!!!!! Please keep the updates coming…we are all in your corner!!!!! 

Kelly 🙂 

casagrayson
                                                                  Participant

Bless you, Celeste.  I hope you recover quickly!

adriana cooper
                                                                    Participant

This news was a great shock to me and brought instant sadness. I know Celeste is strong. Please get better. If there is any thing I can do foy you or your family I would drop everything and drive across the country to do it.

All my strength.

Rob

Thanks Eric for your post.

Jubes
                                                                      Participant

Thanks Eric for posting. Was a great shock as we all know Celeste is indestructible. So sorry she has been through this! All our love and best wishes to dear Celeste. Xx Anne-Louise 

Tracyyy
                                                                        Participant

Oh no! Stay strong Celeste! You have always been so supporitve and such an inspiration to all! Hope you recover quickly!

Dhva
                                                                            Participant

So sorry to hear this news and sending best wishes your way!  Your help has been tremendously valuable!

Dhva
                                                                              Participant

So sorry to hear this news and sending best wishes your way!  Your help has been tremendously valuable!

cancersnewnormal
                                                                              Participant

Oh my YIKES! Strength and positivity for a clean path report and a speedy recovery! We all know that's one tough nut to crack! 🙂 

mrsaxde
                                                                                  Participant

Rooting for you and sending lots of positive energy your way! A bump in the road, but you got this!

-Bill

QuietPoet
                                                                                    Participant

I hope you're feeling well enough to log on to the board, Celeste, and see all of these good wishes. I hope you feel better very soon and that the surgery doesn't leave you with much more to deal with on an ongoing basis. Your knowledge, wit, and energy amaze me!

Coragirl
                                                                                    Participant

Thinking of you and praying for a speedy recovery. 

MichelleRHG
                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                        Thinking of you, sweet, strong lady!
                                                                                        BrianP
                                                                                        Participant

Thanks for posting Eric.  Prayers to Celeste for a speedy recovery.  She's an amazing lady that I know will be back at full strength through her determination and will power.

Brian

Mat
                                                                                          Participant

Just seeing this now.  Ugh!  Celeste, keep moving forward like I know you will!

Sharon93065
                                                                                            Participant

Look at all the posts of all of the friends you have helped.  The support and knowledge you  have given all of us.  I speak for all of us to fell like we all just got kicked in the gut to hear this news. What a shock for you. God Bless you and heal fast.  We need you.  Sharon 

Sharon93065
                                                                                              Participant

Look at all the posts of all of the friends you have helped.  The support and knowledge you  have given all of us.  I speak for all of us to fell like we all just got kicked in the gut to hear this news. What a shock for you. God Bless you and heal fast.  We need you.  Sharon 

WithinMySkin
                                                                                                Participant

You have a village behind you, Celeste! You've been through tough times before, and you can push through this too. Sending hugs and healing your way!!!!

killmel
                                                                                                  Participant

My heart is broken to hear that Celeste is dealing with cancer again. She is the most wonderful women that is selfless and always trying to help others.

Mat,is this the link to Celeste blog. I would like to follow her blog?

http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/

dmarie
                                                                                                    Participant

Her blog was updated yesterday (9/10) with an update. (So glad someone posted a note on her behalf here).

Celeste never ceases to amaze me. Even with all of this awfulness, she still is true to herself – her writing is honest, hopeful, witty, and full of information. Sending her hugs and prayers and well wishes. 

Viewing 36 reply threads
                                                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics