The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

A bunch of gaum…but getting better

Forums General Melanoma Community A bunch of gaum…but getting better

Participant

Hey guys!  You have been such an amazing fountain of strength and support for me over these past weeks!  (Damn!  Weeks!!!)  You have no idea how much it means.  I've always said that melanoma (ALL cancer!!!!) sucks great big green hairy stinky wizard balls.  But the folks on this board have enough love and support and humor and courage to get us all through whatever we are dealing with.  So sorry for what Maureen and her husband and Jagstter are facing as well as the rest of you out there.  

Here's the latest on my crazy mess as of this am:

http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2018/09/lordy-lordy-lordy-what-bunch-of-gaum.html  

There is a small additional update to even that, in that they just removed my epidural.  Little scary to say good bye to pain control…but it is a necessary step toward getting rid of my other bells and whistles and heading home!!!

Thanks again to each and every one of you.  Your love is tangible.  It is real.  It helps.  Love, les

Viewing 16 reply threads
    • Replies
        Johnjk04
        Participant

Glad to see that you are doing better. Lots of love to you Les.

Eeeeecccckkk, eeeeecccckkkkk.

bjeans
          Participant

Just posted on your blog – so great to see you here! Since I didn’t know if you’d post, I posted at about the same time with a link to you blog but have asked that it be removed. You’ve got this!

MelanomaMike
            Participant
              Ahhh! Good to see ya back Bubbles!!, like i said before already, and your aware of this, the out pour of concern for you was amazing & good to see for one another. You are the “brains” (one of them anyways) of the group & your contribution to us is so helpful for our individual cases…we love you sis, now dont get sick ever again..seriously! Stop!..:) Mike
              maperny
              Participant

Dear Celeste,

I just checked in and have read the updates about the craziness you have been going through.  It really threw me through a loop to be honest.  I am so glad that the support from all the amazing folk on this forum has helped you through these difficult days, you have given so much love and support to so many people over the years including to myself and my beloved, Juan, who is no longer here with us.  You are the most amazing, courageous, smart, resourceful, resilient, cheerful, driven, detailed "embracer-of-life" that I have ever had the pleasure to come across.  I wish you a speedy recovery to get home and get back on with everything.  You are truly inspirational.

Maria

MelanomaMike
                  Participant
                    Dido! Xerox! Copy That! I love your comment about Misses Bubbles….Mike
                  NSNewf
                  Participant

Hey Celeste 

i am thrilled to hear your update. You are are our rock. Thank you. Wishing you a speedy recovery 

Doug

BillB
                    Participant

Hi Celeste, welcome back and best wishes that the recovery keeps moving in the right direction this time.

Bill

GeoTony
                      Participant

Good to have you back, I here Italy in spring is beautiful…..

Mat
                        Participant

Back-to-back surgeries.  Been there.  Not fun! You will get through the pain and keep moving forward!

Maureen038
                            Participant

Celeste,

Wow! You have been through so much in the last couple of weeks!! I’m so sorry, but I’m so happy that there were clean margins and no signs of cancer!!! You are such an inspiration for all of us!! Take care and thanks for your shout out to us. I’m going to write a post for advice. 

Love,

Maureen

Oh my gosh!  You are the strongest person I know.  Well, I don't really know you but you are my hero anyway!  I hope your recovery continues to go well.  Sending you good thoughts and keeping you in our prayers.  

Best,

Jennifer

Scooby123
                            Participant

Sending you big hugs Hun , xxxx

Scooby❤️

lkb
                              Participant

Man, have you been thorugh it. Wishing you the big Homeward Bound for tomorrow!

Jubes
                                Participant

What a relief that you are on your way to recovery.!! Don’t worry about keeping us informed. We’ll muddle through. Hope you increase in strength every day and you heal quickly. And can book that trip to Beautiful Italy. Anne -Louise 

dessie
                                    Participant

Wow what an ordeal…. thank God you are doing well… Prayers and thoughts  are with you..Happy healing !!

Dessie

marta010
                                    Participant

So glad to read your update.  One day at a time..one day at a time…sending thoughts for a complete healing. Love to you and your family.

Ann

cancersnewnormal
                                      Participant

Oh my wow. I can't even fathom the amount of new reading materials you've covered with this second diagnosis. Removing parts, clogged pipes, and liquid diet…… good gracious… hopefully things will be clear for the Thanksgiving pig out session you have already hard earned!!! Yes yes, I'm aware that it's only September, but as you've mentioned "WEEKS". Time crawls in the hospital, but then flies by at the same time. Where did life go? Double high fives to you… because a hug might hurt until all of the tubes are out. 🙂

HeidiZ
                                        Participant

Im so sorry you had to go through all of that but so glad you are back and are on the mend!  

Heidi

mms7angels1
                                          Participant

Dear Celeste,

Thank you for sharing all that you have experienced thru melasuckanoma and more. I was diagnosed in 2008, stage 4 in 2013, lungs, brain, bones….I am NED since end of Nivo treatment in Dec 2016. Had my every 3-4 month brain MRI today and CTs in early Nov.

Been following you since 2013 and reading your blog, I have learned so much, mostly to appreciate you and others who are in the fight and all of the warriors and our families, caregivers, etc. Stay the course, you will get better and better, you have more to receive and enjoy in this life. Blessings to you and yours

Maureen from Maryland

Nick C
                                            Participant

Wow…and I thought I had a few "crappy" weeks with side effects. You know the drill…Follow your instructions and don't try to rush it. You are in my thoughts and prayers as you mend.

Nick

Viewing 16 reply threads
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics