The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

2nd Ipi today, not feeling great

Forums General Melanoma Community 2nd Ipi today, not feeling great

Participant

Hi y'all,

2nd Ipi transfusion today. Can't come a moment too soon. My neck is a landmine of lumpy nodes, and the left (good) side is now popping nodes too. I'm prayerful that this means Ipi is already kicking melanoma's butt!

This has been a rough week, 2 migraines this week. Can't tell if just "normal" migraines, which I haven't had at all since my surgery 2 months ago, or an Ipi side effect.

Anxious to move on and get this done!

Hi y'all,

2nd Ipi transfusion today. Can't come a moment too soon. My neck is a landmine of lumpy nodes, and the left (good) side is now popping nodes too. I'm prayerful that this means Ipi is already kicking melanoma's butt!

This has been a rough week, 2 migraines this week. Can't tell if just "normal" migraines, which I haven't had at all since my surgery 2 months ago, or an Ipi side effect.

Anxious to move on and get this done!

I know several are getting treatments, scan results, etc. I pray for each of us to have nothing but good news and positive outcomes.

TracyLee

Viewing 25 reply threads
    • Replies
        nicoli
        Participant

Praying for you right now, Tracy.

Nicki, Stage 3b

nicoli
          Participant

Praying for you right now, Tracy.

Nicki, Stage 3b

Carol Taylor
            Participant

Holding you in prayer, Tracy!

Lord, in Your mercy, grant Tracy and all others getting scans & treatments & having procedures, positive outcomes and good news. Thank You. Amen.

Grace and peace to you fearless leader,

Posse member Carol

Carol Taylor
              Participant

Holding you in prayer, Tracy!

Lord, in Your mercy, grant Tracy and all others getting scans & treatments & having procedures, positive outcomes and good news. Thank You. Amen.

Grace and peace to you fearless leader,

Posse member Carol

Carmon in NM
                Participant

Praying for and thinking of you Tracy!

Carmon in NM
                  Participant

Praying for and thinking of you Tracy!

shellebrownies
                    Participant

Get in there and kick melanoma' butt, Fearless Leader! wink

Michelle, wife of Don

shellebrownies
                      Participant

Get in there and kick melanoma' butt, Fearless Leader! wink

Michelle, wife of Don

FormerCaregiver
                        Participant

Wishing you good luck with your treatment today.

You are in my prayers.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                          Participant

Wishing you good luck with your treatment today.

You are in my prayers.

Frank from Australia

MichaelFL
                            Participant

Keeping my fingers crossed that this is a inflammatory response and your immune system is doing what needs to be done to kick this to the curb. From what I understand, if this is a response, the nodes (and hopefully tumors) should start shrinking again, perhaps around your fourth infusion.

Good luck,

Michael

MichaelFL
                              Participant

Keeping my fingers crossed that this is a inflammatory response and your immune system is doing what needs to be done to kick this to the curb. From what I understand, if this is a response, the nodes (and hopefully tumors) should start shrinking again, perhaps around your fourth infusion.

Good luck,

Michael

lhaley
                                Participant

Been thinking of you my Delaware buddy!  One of the issues with ippi is that it can plump up those tumors before it shrinks them.  They've got to come up with a way to figue out if this is a positive or negative response!!

Sending prayers and hugs that this is all part of your way to shrinking this down to nothing! 

Linda

lhaley
                                  Participant

Been thinking of you my Delaware buddy!  One of the issues with ippi is that it can plump up those tumors before it shrinks them.  They've got to come up with a way to figue out if this is a positive or negative response!!

Sending prayers and hugs that this is all part of your way to shrinking this down to nothing! 

Linda

vivian
                                    Participant

TracyLee,

I am thinking of you and hoping everything goes smoothly and easily today.  Big hugs from your other Delaware buddy!

Lear

MaryBeth and Jeff
                                        Participant

Praying for you.  My husband had his 2nd IPI treatment June 2,  Just as with the first treatment, he felt crummy a week later.  He has similair symptoms as you..lumpy nodes…except he has lumps on various areas of his trunk as well. He also has bad migraines and nausea.  Hang in there. Kick that melanoma butt!!!

MaryBeth and Jeff
                                          Participant

Praying for you.  My husband had his 2nd IPI treatment June 2,  Just as with the first treatment, he felt crummy a week later.  He has similair symptoms as you..lumpy nodes…except he has lumps on various areas of his trunk as well. He also has bad migraines and nausea.  Hang in there. Kick that melanoma butt!!!

vivian
                                          Participant

TracyLee,

I am thinking of you and hoping everything goes smoothly and easily today.  Big hugs from your other Delaware buddy!

Lear

Linny
                                            Participant

Hang in there. Someone else who's on Ipi had posted a note about having lumps and bumps upon starting it, which subsided after awhile.

Am praying for you, Tracy. You're going to get through this!

Linda

Linny
                                              Participant

Hang in there. Someone else who's on Ipi had posted a note about having lumps and bumps upon starting it, which subsided after awhile.

Am praying for you, Tracy. You're going to get through this!

Linda

praying for good outcomes and surrounding you with light and love.
                                                Shelly in Switzerland
                                                praying for good outcomes and surrounding you with light and love.
                                                Shelly in Switzerland
                                                NYKaren
                                                Participant

Hi TracyLee,

I had my 2nd infusion on Thursday too.  And yesterday was my birthday…all I want is to be NED!

I had had some bad stomach side-effects starting about 2 weeks ago…doc put me on steriod and bland diet–i fee much better now, so he took me off the steroid on Thursday.  So far, so good. It was early for side-effects but not unheard of.  So much is unknown with ipi, so who knows, maybe it was a bad virus!

I too have been having some unusual headaches just this past week…maybe it's ipi related, but then again, who the heck knows.

My doc said that we can definately get worse before getting better, so here's hoping and praying for a good response for all of us.

Take care,

karen

NYKaren
                                                  Participant

Hi TracyLee,

I had my 2nd infusion on Thursday too.  And yesterday was my birthday…all I want is to be NED!

I had had some bad stomach side-effects starting about 2 weeks ago…doc put me on steriod and bland diet–i fee much better now, so he took me off the steroid on Thursday.  So far, so good. It was early for side-effects but not unheard of.  So much is unknown with ipi, so who knows, maybe it was a bad virus!

I too have been having some unusual headaches just this past week…maybe it's ipi related, but then again, who the heck knows.

My doc said that we can definately get worse before getting better, so here's hoping and praying for a good response for all of us.

Take care,

karen

Jim M.
                                                    Participant

Hi TracyLee,

I was on Ipi in 2008 (10mg/kg). Two weeks before I was to get the 5th infusion I had severe headaches. Tylenol didn't help much as the pain would quickly return. The pain was felt on my whole head. Finally an MRI was done which showed I had  a swollen pituitary gland (or hypothysitis). It was one of those immune breakthrough events that Ipi causes.

I was taken off Ipi and put on a steroid. My pituitary has regained it's normal size but I'm still on a steroid as a hormone replacement. I may be on it for a long time

If your headaches continue you may inquire about getting an MRI. If what you have is an Ipi side effect, it also means that Ipi is working. My Dr. said Ipi boosted my immune system at least 5 times over baseline. I did the trial with resected melanoma.

God Bless and much success,

Jim M.

stage 3C

NED: 3 years, 7 months

Jim M.
                                                      Participant

Hi TracyLee,

I was on Ipi in 2008 (10mg/kg). Two weeks before I was to get the 5th infusion I had severe headaches. Tylenol didn't help much as the pain would quickly return. The pain was felt on my whole head. Finally an MRI was done which showed I had  a swollen pituitary gland (or hypothysitis). It was one of those immune breakthrough events that Ipi causes.

I was taken off Ipi and put on a steroid. My pituitary has regained it's normal size but I'm still on a steroid as a hormone replacement. I may be on it for a long time

If your headaches continue you may inquire about getting an MRI. If what you have is an Ipi side effect, it also means that Ipi is working. My Dr. said Ipi boosted my immune system at least 5 times over baseline. I did the trial with resected melanoma.

God Bless and much success,

Jim M.

stage 3C

NED: 3 years, 7 months

TracyLee
                                                        Participant

Hello Posse!

I'm feeling quite good so far. My neck is a lumpy mess, but we are all prayerful that means ipi is kicking melanoma's butt! I'm having some issues sleeping, but think it's due to lumps and scarring from my last surgery in April. I guess I need to learn to sleep balanced on my nose…

Not had any side effects to speak of for this second treatment. Lifting my fellow ipi folks to a perfect response with no side effects, too!

And, a belated happy birthday to Karen in NY.

My older (15) daughter had her dance recital Saturday, and younger (14) daughter is training to begin her job at McDonalds. Life goes on, and I am happy to be here for the day to day, mundane things.

All 5 kids (we have a "spare" daughter) made fathers day a great one for hubby. And it is all good, just being here for the small stuff!

TracyLee

TracyLee
                                                          Participant

Hello Posse!

I'm feeling quite good so far. My neck is a lumpy mess, but we are all prayerful that means ipi is kicking melanoma's butt! I'm having some issues sleeping, but think it's due to lumps and scarring from my last surgery in April. I guess I need to learn to sleep balanced on my nose…

Not had any side effects to speak of for this second treatment. Lifting my fellow ipi folks to a perfect response with no side effects, too!

And, a belated happy birthday to Karen in NY.

My older (15) daughter had her dance recital Saturday, and younger (14) daughter is training to begin her job at McDonalds. Life goes on, and I am happy to be here for the day to day, mundane things.

All 5 kids (we have a "spare" daughter) made fathers day a great one for hubby. And it is all good, just being here for the small stuff!

TracyLee

Viewing 25 reply threads
                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics