The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Upate on Jerry…..

Forums General Melanoma Community Upate on Jerry…..

Participant

This obtained from Jerry's son. Todd's, fb Account:

This obtained from Jerry's son. Todd's, fb Account:

So, we left the hospital around 3am after Dads surgery. THey repaired his facial fractures, most anyways. Removed the endotracheal tube and gave him a tracheostomy for his neck now. He also had a Peg tube(feeding) put in. they hope to clear his cspine today by MRI. He also has a new arterial liine and the PICC line was taken out. Still no update as to his mental status, he hasn't awaken as of yet.
      This update cut & pasted from Jerry's son's fb site. 

Please continue to lift Jerry and his family in your prayers.  

debbieVA

Viewing 34 reply threads
    • Replies
        molly
        Participant

Debbie, thanks so much for the update on Jerry. I  will certainly continue to keep Jerry and his family in my prayers.

molly

JoanR
          Participant

Thanks for posting Deb. I am so sad abut Jerry..if there is a way to get a message to him, send my love !! Joan

Jackie W
            Participant

Debie, thanks for posting.  I spoke to Sue last night while Jerry was in surgery, so there was not much to report.  I asked her to have someone there post updates on the board because we were all so concerned about him.

Jackie W

tanyasteve
              Participant

From Jerry's daughter (Tanya) : there is not much change in his condition tonight. We have been waiting all day for a MRI and CAT scan to be done but they are still unable to get him down there for those. He is not awake and is non-responsive. The facial surgery went well. The trac went in great and he now has a PEC tube (for feeding). We really want to see some neurolocial improvements but so far there haven't been any promising signs. A lady we have meet here encouraged us by telling us about her son who has been here for 14 days and just woke up and is improving rapidly (talking, joking, moving). We can only hope the same for dad. Thank you all for your prayers and messages. They are also very encouraging. It is nice to know how loved my dad is.

tanyasteve
                  Participant

He just went down to have his MRI and CAT scans done. Hopefully we will be able to get those reports tonight and they are good news!!! Keeping our fingers crossed and our prayers lifted!

Carver
                  Participant

I am so sorry to hear about this. Thanks for the update Debbie. Jerry will be in my thoughts and prayers. As ever, Carver

tanyasteve
                      Participant

UPDATE on Jerry: Neuro was quite upset about the sediation levels dad is being kept at. They have told trauma to wean him immediately so they can do a neuro assessment. His breathing test went well (over 2 hours). So far his other issues are clearing up. His facial fractures have been repaired. His lungs are sounding great. His abrasions are healing. Neurologically, there has been no responses other than to pain. He can not follow any commands, open eyes, nod, wiggle toes, ect.  Pray that he will wake up soon and that his neuro eval goes well!

Thank you for the posts, emails, phone calls, and lunch (Laura!). You have all been great.

Bonnie Lea
                        Participant

thankyou for your updates on your Dad.  Just keep on talking a blue streak to him.  I believe that way deep down, a voice he knows will help him. 

He is def a tough guy, and we all are praying for his gaining back himself.

Bonnie Lea

tanyasteve
                          Participant

Update on Jerry: very little change. Physically doing well. Face is healing, lungs are sounding good, BP holding steady. His white count is a little elevated today. They are doing a culture on some phylem. Still waiting on a Neuro assessment. Dad is continuing to improve in little ways everyday. Mom wants to thank each of you for your prayers. She is encouraged by reading your posts. Keep praying.

LV
                            Participant

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know how your dad is doing. He holds such a special place in so many of our hearts. Please tell him how much he means to us.

All good thoughts of recovery and strength for you all.

LV
                              Participant

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know how your dad is doing. He holds such a special place in so many of our hearts. Please tell him how much he means to us.

All good thoughts of recovery and strength for you all.

tanyasteve
                                Participant

Update on Jerry: very little change. Physically doing well. Face is healing, lungs are sounding good, BP holding steady. His white count is a little elevated today. They are doing a culture on some phylem. Still waiting on a Neuro assessment. Dad is continuing to improve in little ways everyday. Mom wants to thank each of you for your prayers. She is encouraged by reading your posts. Keep praying.

KyCyn
                                Participant

Just wanted Jerry's family to know that he and they are in my thoughts and prayers, and thank you for the updates – we never really 'met,' but I enjoy his posts here and look forward to many, many more!

Cyn

tanyasteve
                                    Participant

UPDATE: no better no worse……….I wait waiting!!!! Doc's say they are doing everything. One good thing, they checked his eyes this morning and they don't think he will lose either one. I take that….but I want more good news…..keep those prayers coming!

tanyasteve
                                      Participant

UPDATE: dad opened his left eye on his own. It responded to light and he blinked. It's a big step from where we were!!! we are very excited!!!!!

side note: we may need legal counsel (to obtain a guardianship over dad and things like that) if anyone knows a lawyer that would maybe do pro bono work or something we could use their contact info.

Thank you!

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                        Participant

Check with the social workers at the hospital.  There may be legal services available in the city.  I'm praying for your dad and your family.

Jerry from Cape Cod

tanyasteve
                                          Participant

we talked with the social services here at the hospital but since they are from out of state they couldn't do much…like this is a first for them???!!! My brother may have found something. We will see. Thanks

tanyasteve
                                            Participant

we talked with the social services here at the hospital but since they are from out of state they couldn't do much…like this is a first for them???!!! My brother may have found something. We will see. Thanks

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                              Participant

Check with the social workers at the hospital.  There may be legal services available in the city.  I'm praying for your dad and your family.

Jerry from Cape Cod

tanyasteve
                                                Participant

UPDATE: dad opened his left eye on his own. It responded to light and he blinked. It's a big step from where we were!!! we are very excited!!!!!

side note: we may need legal counsel (to obtain a guardianship over dad and things like that) if anyone knows a lawyer that would maybe do pro bono work or something we could use their contact info.

Thank you!

tanyasteve
                                                  Participant

UPDATE: no better no worse……….I wait waiting!!!! Doc's say they are doing everything. One good thing, they checked his eyes this morning and they don't think he will lose either one. I take that….but I want more good news…..keep those prayers coming!

tanyasteve
                                                    Participant

UPDATE: dad is off his antibotics, off Cardene (for BP), almost completely off sedation. He is not aggitated (as he was when they took him off sediation before). He is opening and moving his left eye. The doctor was much more positive of his physical recovery. Still have questions as to his brain function. Things are moving in the right direction!! Praise GOD!!!!

tanyasteve
                                                      Participant

UPDATE: dad is off his antibotics, off Cardene (for BP), almost completely off sedation. He is not aggitated (as he was when they took him off sediation before). He is opening and moving his left eye. The doctor was much more positive of his physical recovery. Still have questions as to his brain function. Things are moving in the right direction!! Praise GOD!!!!

KyCyn
                                                      Participant

Just wanted Jerry's family to know that he and they are in my thoughts and prayers, and thank you for the updates – we never really 'met,' but I enjoy his posts here and look forward to many, many more!

Cyn

molly
                                                        Participant

Thanks so much for the update on your Dad. Continued prayers to all of you. SO HAPPY  to hear you are beginning to see improvements!

molly

molly
                                                          Participant

Thanks so much for the update on your Dad. Continued prayers to all of you. SO HAPPY  to hear you are beginning to see improvements!

molly

KyCyn
                                                            Participant

Thank you for the updates, please keep them coming… lots of folks here are pulling for your dad!!

Cyn

tanyasteve
                                                                Participant

dad is off the vent, breathing on his own! he was able to follow commands from the Neuro doctor this morning. Trauma doc said he is very encouraged at dad's progress and is seeing lots of good things happening!!! YEAH DAD!!!!!! keep praying…God is listening!!!!

jag
                                                                  Participant

This is great to hear.  will keep up the prayers for Jerry.

jag
                                                                    Participant

This is great to hear.  will keep up the prayers for Jerry.

Jim in Denver
                                                                      Participant

Thanks so much for the updates.  Sending good thoughts and prayers for this special guy, and best wishes to all of your family.

Jim in Denver

Jim in Denver
                                                                        Participant

Thanks so much for the updates.  Sending good thoughts and prayers for this special guy, and best wishes to all of your family.

Jim in Denver

lhaley
                                                                          Participant

Great news!! Give him a great big hug for me.

Linda

lhaley
                                                                            Participant

Great news!! Give him a great big hug for me.

Linda

Donna
                                                                              Participant

This is terrific news! Thanks for keeping us updated. My thoughts are with you and your family … and of course, Jerry.

Donna
                                                                                Participant

This is terrific news! Thanks for keeping us updated. My thoughts are with you and your family … and of course, Jerry.

tanyasteve
                                                                                  Participant

dad is off the vent, breathing on his own! he was able to follow commands from the Neuro doctor this morning. Trauma doc said he is very encouraged at dad's progress and is seeing lots of good things happening!!! YEAH DAD!!!!!! keep praying…God is listening!!!!

KyCyn
                                                                                  Participant

Thank you for the updates, please keep them coming… lots of folks here are pulling for your dad!!

Cyn

Kimmer
                                                                                    Participant

Oh this is good news…here is hoping that Jerry keeps getting better and better!
                                                                                      K.

Kimmer
                                                                                      Participant

Oh this is good news…here is hoping that Jerry keeps getting better and better!
                                                                                        K.

DonW
                                                                                        Participant

Tanya — Thanks a lot for keeping us updated. It's great Jerry is responding! Let's hope for a full recovery and that he's back posting up a storm here soon.

DonW
                                                                                          Participant

Tanya — Thanks a lot for keeping us updated. It's great Jerry is responding! Let's hope for a full recovery and that he's back posting up a storm here soon.

Jackie W
                                                                                            Participant

I'm so happy to hear the encouraging news.  As long as you keep posting, I won't bother you with phone calls.  If Jerry can hear what you are saying, tell him the gal from Texas, via Brooklyn, is pulling for him.  Also give my love to Sue.

Jackie W

Jackie W
                                                                                              Participant

I'm so happy to hear the encouraging news.  As long as you keep posting, I won't bother you with phone calls.  If Jerry can hear what you are saying, tell him the gal from Texas, via Brooklyn, is pulling for him.  Also give my love to Sue.

Jackie W

Lori C
                                                                                                Participant

Am glad to see the steady progress and will be keeping Jerry & family in my prayers.  He has been a huge blessing to me and many others.

Lori C
                                                                                                  Participant

Am glad to see the steady progress and will be keeping Jerry & family in my prayers.  He has been a huge blessing to me and many others.

molly
                                                                                                    Participant

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!! This is wonderful news. Please keep the updates coming. Thought and prayers are continuing to all of you.

molly
                                                                                                      Participant

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!! This is wonderful news. Please keep the updates coming. Thought and prayers are continuing to all of you.

tanyasteve
                                                                                                        Participant

UPDATE: OMG!!!!! My dad is totally responsive today! He indicates when he needs meds, needs to use the bathroom, I read all these replys to him and he turned towards me and smiled. He is doing toe wiggles and thumbs up on command. He is my dad again!!! Today is mom's birthday…can't think of anything better to give her than this news!!! I can't wait until she gets here to see for herself!!! So awesome!!! My dad can beat anything!!!!!!

LV
                                                                                                            Participant

Tanya, thanks so much for letting us know! You've made my day.

Tell that feisty old man we love him, and to get better soon. The mel board needs him!

Laura

BonnieLea
                                                                                                              Participant

Great Going Jerry

keep on getting better and soon you will be bossing everyone around, and back here to where you are needed.  I am so happy to hear about you indicating you must use the facilities…..  (better that way)   yeahhhhhh

Bonnie Lea

BonnieLea
                                                                                                                Participant

Great Going Jerry

keep on getting better and soon you will be bossing everyone around, and back here to where you are needed.  I am so happy to hear about you indicating you must use the facilities…..  (better that way)   yeahhhhhh

Bonnie Lea

LV
                                                                                                                  Participant

Tanya, thanks so much for letting us know! You've made my day.

Tell that feisty old man we love him, and to get better soon. The mel board needs him!

Laura

dian in spokane
                                                                                                                    Participant

Tanya! I am crying right now from reading your note! Your dad has proven to us over and oveir again what a tremendous fighter he is. This is such wonderful wonderful news.

Please let him know that all of us in his MPIP family are thrilled!

dian in spokane 

dian in spokane
                                                                                                                      Participant

Tanya! I am crying right now from reading your note! Your dad has proven to us over and oveir again what a tremendous fighter he is. This is such wonderful wonderful news.

Please let him know that all of us in his MPIP family are thrilled!

dian in spokane 

lhaley
                                                                                                                        Participant

Unbelievable!  Best news I've heard in awhile!  Tell your dad to leave those nurses alone!

Linda

lhaley
                                                                                                                          Participant

Unbelievable!  Best news I've heard in awhile!  Tell your dad to leave those nurses alone!

Linda

Jim in Denver
                                                                                                                            Participant

WOW!  Brings a tear to my eye……what a fighter!!!  Best wishes to your family.  Prayers have been answered….

Hi Jerry!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Always,

Jim

Jim in Denver
                                                                                                                              Participant

WOW!  Brings a tear to my eye……what a fighter!!!  Best wishes to your family.  Prayers have been answered….

Hi Jerry!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Always,

Jim

bcl
                                                                                                                                Participant

Oh Tanya, I'm crying tears of joy for your family (for all of us too; we miss him terribly).   Sending hugs from Canada, xxlinda

bcl
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Oh Tanya, I'm crying tears of joy for your family (for all of us too; we miss him terribly).   Sending hugs from Canada, xxlinda

BethA in VA
                                                                                                                                    Participant

Prayers seem to be working.  How wonderful.  Good luck.  Hope he keeps improving.

BethA in VA
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Prayers seem to be working.  How wonderful.  Good luck.  Hope he keeps improving.

ValinMtl
                                                                                                                                        Participant

This is wonderful news!!! So happy to hear that there is continued improvement.  Yep, your dad is tough alright!  Val

ValinMtl
                                                                                                                                          Participant

This is wonderful news!!! So happy to hear that there is continued improvement.  Yep, your dad is tough alright!  Val

BarbieGirl
                                                                                                                                            Participant

Goooooo, Jerry, Goooooo!!!  Praying for complete healing, guy!  Hang in there, and please give your family big ol' hugz when ya can for keeping us updated!! 

*hugz* and love…

~Lisa~ 

BarbieGirl
                                                                                                                                              Participant

Goooooo, Jerry, Goooooo!!!  Praying for complete healing, guy!  Hang in there, and please give your family big ol' hugz when ya can for keeping us updated!! 

*hugz* and love…

~Lisa~ 

Yawn
                                                                                                                                                Participant

Great news!  Very happy to know he's pulled through. 

Yawn
                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Great news!  Very happy to know he's pulled through. 

tanyasteve
                                                                                                                                                  Participant

UPDATE: OMG!!!!! My dad is totally responsive today! He indicates when he needs meds, needs to use the bathroom, I read all these replys to him and he turned towards me and smiled. He is doing toe wiggles and thumbs up on command. He is my dad again!!! Today is mom's birthday…can't think of anything better to give her than this news!!! I can't wait until she gets here to see for herself!!! So awesome!!! My dad can beat anything!!!!!!

tanyasteve
                                                                                                                                                    Participant

UPDATE: today is so great! Dad indicated he needed pain meds, and that he needed to use a bedpan, he waited for the nurse to get the pan and was able to use it. This is HUGE!!! He LOVES hearing your words of encouragement! The doc was just in here and said if things continue as they are dad can move to his own room and out of ICU tomorrow!!! Praise God!!!

tanyasteve
                                                                                                                                                      Participant

UPDATE: today is so great! Dad indicated he needed pain meds, and that he needed to use a bedpan, he waited for the nurse to get the pan and was able to use it. This is HUGE!!! He LOVES hearing your words of encouragement! The doc was just in here and said if things continue as they are dad can move to his own room and out of ICU tomorrow!!! Praise God!!!

Jackie W
                                                                                                                                                        Participant

What wonderful news!!!!!!!  Thanks for posting.  Wish Sue a happy birthday from me.

Jackie W

KyCyn
                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Whoohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cyn

tanyasteve
                                                                                                                                                              Participant

UPDATE: on Friday dad was very tired. we had trouble waking him and thought he was taking a turn for the worse but on Saturday he did great. dad tried to talk and write us notes. He was able to point to the picture chart to ask us the time and date. He moved everything he was asked to move on command. They got him out of bed (first time in 2 weeks). He stood up and shuffled to his chair where he was able to sit for an hour. He is in a sitting position right now (Sunday morning). They have downsized his TRACT tubing and will try a different vent this morning and see if we can get him talking….not sure that's a good idea!! LOL. The doc's are amazed at his progress…but those of us that know him knew he could do this….cancer can't get him and neither can that horse! Praise God. Thank you all for your continued prayers and support!

jag
                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Thanks for the good news Tanya.

jag
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Thanks for the good news Tanya.

Janet2
                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

I am pleased to hear your father is improving and hope he keeps doing so.
                                                                                                                                                                      Janet

Janet2
                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

I am pleased to hear your father is improving and hope he keeps doing so.
                                                                                                                                                                        Janet

tanyasteve
                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

UPDATE: on Friday dad was very tired. we had trouble waking him and thought he was taking a turn for the worse but on Saturday he did great. dad tried to talk and write us notes. He was able to point to the picture chart to ask us the time and date. He moved everything he was asked to move on command. They got him out of bed (first time in 2 weeks). He stood up and shuffled to his chair where he was able to sit for an hour. He is in a sitting position right now (Sunday morning). They have downsized his TRACT tubing and will try a different vent this morning and see if we can get him talking….not sure that's a good idea!! LOL. The doc's are amazed at his progress…but those of us that know him knew he could do this….cancer can't get him and neither can that horse! Praise God. Thank you all for your continued prayers and support!

KyCyn
                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Whoohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cyn

Jackie W
                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

What wonderful news!!!!!!!  Thanks for posting.  Wish Sue a happy birthday from me.

Jackie W

Jackie W
                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Thanks for posting.  I was going to call today if there was no update.  Glad to hear he is making such great progress.

You know if you get him talking, there's no shutting him up.:)    Please give him my wishes for continued progress.

Jackie W

Jackie W
                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Thanks for posting.  I was going to call today if there was no update.  Glad to hear he is making such great progress.

You know if you get him talking, there's no shutting him up.:)    Please give him my wishes for continued progress.

Jackie W

DonW
                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Yes, it's sounding good, Tanya. Thanks for the update. Get him a laptop so he can start chiming in here himself!

paul
                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Continued good vibes to you, Jerry!

paul
                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

paul
                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

paul
                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

tanyasteve
                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

UPDATE: WOOHOO!!! dad got up and stood and took 2 step on his own. He has asked for ice cream and a list of the meds they have him on (in that order!). The docs have okayed a move out of ICU and to a regular room (in the Neuro ward). He is doing amazing!!! They are going to get physical therapy up to start working with him tomorrow. Thank you everyone for everything!!

LV
                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Tanya, thanks so much for keeping us posted! Your dad is such an important part of this board. I'm just so glad  (but not at all surprised) to hear that he is doing so well! Please tell him I'm thinking of him!

Laura

Eehgads
                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

So very glad to see that Jerry is fighting the good fight. I hope he gets his requested ice creme and lots of it. Expect him up and back to his old self in no time.

Great news Jerry, keep it up.

Michele

tanyasteve
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

UPDATE: Dad has been moved to Colorado Springs, he is at a long term rehab hospital, today he brushed his teeth by himself (it's the little things that excite us!!!) He is still quite confused, his long term memory is right on but his short term is foggy, he has trouble finding the right words and expressing himself, I know my daddy is in there but I don't know how long it will take to get him back to normal, well as normal as he was! LOL

keep praying and sending healing vibes his way!

dian in spokane
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

tanya,

thanks so much, again, for keeping us updated. I am overjoyed that jerry has been moved to a long term care facility.

If you are comfortable with it, it would be great if you could share an address with us where we can send cards or notes to jerry.

I'm sure this will be a very difficult time for the whole family as jerry tries to relearn skills, but I'll bet things will come along much faster now that he's been moved to the rehab center. The fact that he's doing things like brushing his teeth is SO encouraging! A couple of weeks ago, I was worried he wouldn't regain consciousness!

Please tell him hello from me! and let him know that all of his MPIP friends are rooting for him, and looking forward to the day he is able to type and post a note for himself!

best to you and yours!

dian in spokane

dian in spokane
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

tanya,

thanks so much, again, for keeping us updated. I am overjoyed that jerry has been moved to a long term care facility.

If you are comfortable with it, it would be great if you could share an address with us where we can send cards or notes to jerry.

I'm sure this will be a very difficult time for the whole family as jerry tries to relearn skills, but I'll bet things will come along much faster now that he's been moved to the rehab center. The fact that he's doing things like brushing his teeth is SO encouraging! A couple of weeks ago, I was worried he wouldn't regain consciousness!

Please tell him hello from me! and let him know that all of his MPIP friends are rooting for him, and looking forward to the day he is able to type and post a note for himself!

best to you and yours!

dian in spokane

tanyasteve
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

UPDATE: Dad has been moved to Colorado Springs, he is at a long term rehab hospital, today he brushed his teeth by himself (it's the little things that excite us!!!) He is still quite confused, his long term memory is right on but his short term is foggy, he has trouble finding the right words and expressing himself, I know my daddy is in there but I don't know how long it will take to get him back to normal, well as normal as he was! LOL

keep praying and sending healing vibes his way!

Eehgads
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

So very glad to see that Jerry is fighting the good fight. I hope he gets his requested ice creme and lots of it. Expect him up and back to his old self in no time.

Great news Jerry, keep it up.

Michele

LV
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Tanya, thanks so much for keeping us posted! Your dad is such an important part of this board. I'm just so glad  (but not at all surprised) to hear that he is doing so well! Please tell him I'm thinking of him!

Laura

jag
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Thanks for the update Tanya,

Good to hear that your father is doing so well.  He is being kept in our prayers.

John

jag
                                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Thanks for the update Tanya,

Good to hear that your father is doing so well.  He is being kept in our prayers.

John

tanyasteve
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

UPDATE: WOOHOO!!! dad got up and stood and took 2 step on his own. He has asked for ice cream and a list of the meds they have him on (in that order!). The docs have okayed a move out of ICU and to a regular room (in the Neuro ward). He is doing amazing!!! They are going to get physical therapy up to start working with him tomorrow. Thank you everyone for everything!!

DonW
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Yes, it's sounding good, Tanya. Thanks for the update. Get him a laptop so he can start chiming in here himself!

DonW
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Tanya — Thanks for the update. It's great that you take the time to keep us up to date. The news is encouraging. I'm waiting for the day Jerry is back on this forum! Get him a laptop:-)

tanyasteve
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

you can send mail to Jerry Ellis co: Tracey Ellis 201 Oriole St, Fountain, Co 80817

tanyasteve
                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

you can send mail to Jerry Ellis co: Tracey Ellis 201 Oriole St, Fountain, Co 80817

tanyasteve
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

UPDATE: dad got some wheels today! I was able to take him on a walk around the ward while he sat in a wheelchair. They did a mini balance test where he stood and the therapist gently pushed him from different angles. Tomorrow he is going to get to try walking with a walker! and….he got his ICECREAM!!! He is still confused easily but is making incredible headway! 

tanyasteve
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

UPDATE: dad got some wheels today! I was able to take him on a walk around the ward while he sat in a wheelchair. They did a mini balance test where he stood and the therapist gently pushed him from different angles. Tomorrow he is going to get to try walking with a walker! and….he got his ICECREAM!!! He is still confused easily but is making incredible headway! 

DonW
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Tanya — Thanks for the update. It's great that you take the time to keep us up to date. The news is encouraging. I'm waiting for the day Jerry is back on this forum! Get him a laptop:-)

Jackie W
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Thanks for the update.  So glad to hear he is making progress.  Tell him I'm going to Va next week and will miss seeing him and Sue.

Jackie W

Jackie W
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Thanks for the update.  So glad to hear he is making progress.  Tell him I'm going to Va next week and will miss seeing him and Sue.

Jackie W

Viewing 34 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics