The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Thank you Family!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Thank you Family!!

Participant
      Hello again, i had to say thank you to all of you, its gunna be a long road with all that treatment ( alotta ingrediants in that cocktail of sorts!!) and breaks inbetween, i hope to God the meds wipe out these tumors! and i hope it starts with the Intestine tumor first! It needs tending to FIRST, its gotta go ASAP! i should began treatment as soon as i get back from Texas seeing my 2 brothers (leaving 21st, returning Aug 26th) I Gotta go, ill need it for my mind set and mental Firepower!..im feeling fine to go, ill start the paperwork with the case manager, takes about a week to get the ball rolling, when im back home im Not dicken around, im already there in my head, im already Winning in my head….its War time! And in my favor, im going in already knowing what infusions are all about & the whole 9 yards that comes with it, Pembro, Ipi & Nivo these past year & a half, i know what to expect unlike the folks who just go straite into inpatient care! Love ya guys, chat with ya later…
      Thank you
    Viewing 12 reply threads
    • Replies
        Shannon39
        Participant
          Hi Mike,
          So great to hear that you are ready to fight. Sounds like your doctor is ready too. You have lots of supporters in your corner cheering you on. Will be sending you lots of positive energy. You can do this!!!
          Shannon
            MelanomaMike
            Participant
              Thank you Shannon! I may decline the interferon, im researching it, yuck! That alone “is” the Kitchen Sink!
            Casitas1
            Participant
              Yeah Mike! Go get em! Get a recording of your Nephews music to listen to while your kicking some Melanoma Ass!

Best, Paul

MelanomaMike
                Participant
                  Haha! Hell yeah! Hes got some quick riffs on Instagram to!..
                  Jewel
                  Participant
                    Go Mike!!! Go Mike!!! Go Mike!!! You are an inspiration.
                  MelMel
                  Participant
                    Hi Mike. I absolutely love reading your posts! You are so incredibly funny, genuine, kind, truly caring and well meaning. I know there is not a bad bone in your body. You radiate happiness wherever you go and regardless of the situation. This is truly a rare gift which many others can only hope and strive to achieve. Absolutely no scientific studies required in the above mentioned statement. I hope your new treatment brings you complete success and helps you beat these monsters. All of us can relate to the roller coaster rides of uncertainty however you have the support of so many of us who wish you only the best from the bottom of our hearts. I know if there was one person on here who was a favourite, it would be you!!!
                    Melanie
                    MichelleRHG
                    Participant
                      Will be praying for you.
                      Happygal
                      Participant
                        Hey there,
                        You are an inspiration to me. Reading what you are going thru, have been thru….you help me to fight. I wish you the best with this new round!
                        And thank you for the
                        “Lime in the coconut ”
                        It made me day!
                        Dympsd
                        Participant
                          MIke wishing you the very best. Your posts are always inspirational, You have made my journey with my husband a little easier so thank you so much and keep fighting big lad!
                          MelanomaMike
                          Participant
                            Alright ya’all, you made me Teary Eyed, i guess i have been an inspiration to a few here at the Great MRF, it finally registered today for me, i always look at other folks being the groups inspiration because of their much needed Medical input (you know who you are!!) Truelly amazing how we have great expertise here on Melanoma, i guess when you fight the crap for so damn long, you gain knowledge along the way…i guess i help out in the “Morale” aspect of it and im happy & greatfull to be pointed out for that….i will take you all on my journey to Kaiser Riverside during my therapy, ill have my phone & tablet ready to communicate to you all….somethings gotta give here, time is ticking….i love each & every one of you….
                            Becky
                            Participant
                              I rarely post but just want to say I’m another “Melanoma Mike” fan and I imagine there are a lot more like me rooting you on! All these positive vibes heading your way have to help!
                                Mark_DC
                                Participant
                                  Hi Mike – am glad you have a plan and I hope you can set in motion (paperwork) before you leave for Texas and your holiday
                                  And am glad you are able to go on break, you never know how these appointments can go
                                  Am glad they will remove the intestine one soon, this seems a priority
                                  good luck (prayers too, I have in the past for you and will do so) Mark
                                Scooby123
                                Participant
                                  Hi mike, glad plan in place . Your so strong now go kick arse. Keep us updated my friend and sending strength hugs your way .
                                  Scooby x
                                  MelanomaMike
                                  Participant
                                    Thank you again family! I’m really lookin forward to Texas, i need it! Haven’t been out of California since like 1996 when one of my earlier attempts at getting sober, I moved with a buddy of mine to non other then Viva Las Vegas! That was my best thinkin at the time, Stinkin’ Thinkin’ haha…I lasted maybe 9 months there, ya I stopped the drugs but Alcohol became my new little friend…..”Those Where The Daaaaays”….
                                      BethL
                                      Participant
                                        Mike- Have a terrific trip!
                                        So glad to hear you have a plan in place. I am a big fan of yours – thanks for putting everything out here- including your vulnerabilities. I found that the hardest part of having this disease.
                                        you are SO inspirational!
                                        100% with you!
                                        Be Well- BethL
                                      lkb
                                      Participant
                                        In your corner, MM!
                                        rosa1
                                        Participant
                                          Hi Mike,
                                          I wish you really the best from the bottom of my heart. You’re a genuine person, you deserve it.
                                          Rosa
                                          Jahendry12
                                          Participant
                                            Wishing you the best Mike. Will be thinking of you and sending strength your way!
                                        Viewing 12 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics