The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Stage 3 rollcall for Mark and others…

Forums General Melanoma Community Stage 3 rollcall for Mark and others…

Participant

It looks like Mark, below, and other newly diagnoses stage 3 people could use some encouragement. 

Let's let them know we're still here and doing well.  If I hadn't seen a lot of this when I went to 3C in 2001 I don't know what I would have done.

So, I'll go first, DebbieH, stage IIIC, NED 10 years last Sunday, 9/11/2011.

It looks like Mark, below, and other newly diagnoses stage 3 people could use some encouragement. 

Let's let them know we're still here and doing well.  If I hadn't seen a lot of this when I went to 3C in 2001 I don't know what I would have done.

So, I'll go first, DebbieH, stage IIIC, NED 10 years last Sunday, 9/11/2011.

Viewing 57 reply threads
    • Replies
        RMcLegal
        Participant

Diagnosed Stage IIIc in 2003, did biochemotherapy, still here and NED.

Rich

http://www.hotelmelanoma.blogspot.com

RMcLegal
          Participant

Diagnosed Stage IIIc in 2003, did biochemotherapy, still here and NED.

Rich

http://www.hotelmelanoma.blogspot.com

mcanova
            Participant

I was diagnosed in June 2007 and was confirmed stage IIIA (micromet in one node) in Sept.   We took the watch, wait and see approach.  I just had my 4 year checkup and tests (chest xray and bloodwork) and I'm celebrating my 4th year of NED!

Mike from Richmond

mcanova
              Participant

I was diagnosed in June 2007 and was confirmed stage IIIA (micromet in one node) in Sept.   We took the watch, wait and see approach.  I just had my 4 year checkup and tests (chest xray and bloodwork) and I'm celebrating my 4th year of NED!

Mike from Richmond

JakeinNY
                Participant

Jake, stage IIIB, NED 4 years end of this month.

JakeinNY
                  Participant

Jake, stage IIIB, NED 4 years end of this month.

ChrisTheWilsonZoo
                    Participant

Initial diagnosis 1992, unknown stage.  Recurrence in a lymph node in 2009, stage III.  Treated with CLND & Interferon.  NED 2 years as of 1 Sep 2011.

Chris, Head Zookeepr at The Wilson Zoo πŸ™‚

ChrisTheWilsonZoo
                      Participant

Initial diagnosis 1992, unknown stage.  Recurrence in a lymph node in 2009, stage III.  Treated with CLND & Interferon.  NED 2 years as of 1 Sep 2011.

Chris, Head Zookeepr at The Wilson Zoo πŸ™‚

[email protected]
                        Participant

Diagnosed stage 3 in June, 2000 with micromets to one sentinel node. Did a year of Interferon. Still going strong over 11 years later!!

Cara 

[email protected]
                          Participant

Diagnosed stage 3 in June, 2000 with micromets to one sentinel node. Did a year of Interferon. Still going strong over 11 years later!!

Cara 

BethA
                            Participant

BethA, Stage 3B, NED since 2004

BethA
                              Participant

BethA, Stage 3B, NED since 2004

King
                                Participant

Debbie,

Congratulations on the 10 year mark…..wow!  That is just awesome.  I hope you celebrated this milestone.

Stay Strong
                                  King

Stage IV 7/05  Liver mets

King
                                  Participant

Debbie,

Congratulations on the 10 year mark…..wow!  That is just awesome.  I hope you celebrated this milestone.

Stay Strong
                                    King

Stage IV 7/05  Liver mets

deeczar
                                    Participant

Thank you stage 3 people!!!  I am newly diagnosed stage 3, I needed that!!!

deeczar
                                      Participant

Thank you stage 3 people!!!  I am newly diagnosed stage 3, I needed that!!!

Donna M.
                                        Participant

Having just been diagnosed at IIIa in July, this means SO much to me.  Thanks everyone!

Donna M.
                                          Participant

Having just been diagnosed at IIIa in July, this means SO much to me.  Thanks everyone!

Julie in SoCal
                                            Participant

Stage 3a since July 2009.   Still alive and kicking: in the middle of dissertation reserach (that 3 years ago I thought I would never even start, let alone finish!).

Julie

WLE; SNB; LND, HD-Inf; 11 mos GM-CSF.

killmel
                                                Participant

Hi Julie,

Nice to see your post.

Have you heard anything about Dr. O'day resturning to Angeles clinic?

Stay well.

Dave

killmel
                                                  Participant

Hi Julie,

Nice to see your post.

Have you heard anything about Dr. O'day resturning to Angeles clinic?

Stay well.

Dave

Julie in SoCal
                                                  Participant

Stage 3a since July 2009.   Still alive and kicking: in the middle of dissertation reserach (that 3 years ago I thought I would never even start, let alone finish!).

Julie

WLE; SNB; LND, HD-Inf; 11 mos GM-CSF.

renakimu
                                                    Participant

thanke you soooooooo much for this!my mum diagnosed with IIIb in april!you are giving me courage and strenght.

keep going for ever NED!!!

best wishes!

DiRena

renakimu
                                                      Participant

thanke you soooooooo much for this!my mum diagnosed with IIIb in april!you are giving me courage and strenght.

keep going for ever NED!!!

best wishes!

DiRena

washoegal
                                                        Participant

Mary, Stage 3a NED 16 months Wait and Watch.  Living ife on my terms!

washoegal
                                                          Participant

Mary, Stage 3a NED 16 months Wait and Watch.  Living ife on my terms!

vivian
                                                            Participant

Lear, stage IIIa, 10 months NED and 9 years in remission from bone marrow failure.  There is always hope!

vivian
                                                              Participant

Lear, stage IIIa, 10 months NED and 9 years in remission from bone marrow failure.  There is always hope!

mom3girlsFL
                                                                Participant

Hi All,

Stage 1 2002, Stage IIIC 2010, failed interferon

Hoping to be NED after PET on Monday! Will let you know.

Laurie

bs010kbb
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      Laurie, thank you for your post. I was wondering if you could elaborate as to what you meant by failed interferon as I was reviewing your profile and it doesn’t appear that you have had a recurrence, thank goodness…were you implying that you had to stop due to your levels?Getting ready to start and just wanted to know a bit more of you experience. Thank you…

Donna, thank you for posting…this was terrific. If you have the chance, can you send me your email address, thank you.

bs010kbb
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        Laurie, thank you for your post. I was wondering if you could elaborate as to what you meant by failed interferon as I was reviewing your profile and it doesn’t appear that you have had a recurrence, thank goodness…were you implying that you had to stop due to your levels?Getting ready to start and just wanted to know a bit more of you experience. Thank you…

Donna, thank you for posting…this was terrific. If you have the chance, can you send me your email address, thank you.

mom3girlsFL
                                                                      Participant

Hi All,

Stage 1 2002, Stage IIIC 2010, failed interferon

Hoping to be NED after PET on Monday! Will let you know.

Laurie

bs010kbb
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          Debbie, this was wonderful….THANK YOU so much for posting this as it was very encouraging to hear all these wonderful survivorship stories and congrats to you…how wonderful….many blessings for 10+ more years of being NED….Looking to be as fortunate as you!
                                                                          bs010kbb
                                                                          Participant
                                                                            Debbie, this was wonderful….THANK YOU so much for posting this as it was very encouraging to hear all these wonderful survivorship stories and congrats to you…how wonderful….many blessings for 10+ more years of being NED….Looking to be as fortunate as you!
                                                                            Kathy B
                                                                            Participant

Stage IIIB, NED 4.5 years since recurrence, first diagnosed 2004 with vulva melanoma

only did one month interferon, then radiation following recurrence surgery.

Kathy B.

still teaching

Kathy B
                                                                              Participant

Stage IIIB, NED 4.5 years since recurrence, first diagnosed 2004 with vulva melanoma

only did one month interferon, then radiation following recurrence surgery.

Kathy B.

still teaching

Cynthia C
                                                                                Participant

Stage IIIb. Ten and a half years NED. Primary was 3.1mm ulcerated lower leg lesion, Clark's IV with 2 positive groin nodes. I did 8 doses of interferon and that's all.

Cynthia C
                                                                                  Participant

Stage IIIb. Ten and a half years NED. Primary was 3.1mm ulcerated lower leg lesion, Clark's IV with 2 positive groin nodes. I did 8 doses of interferon and that's all.

djpayn
                                                                                    Participant

Diagnosed June, 2008 –  IIIC –

still NED!!! πŸ™‚

djpayn
                                                                                      Participant

Diagnosed June, 2008 –  IIIC –

still NED!!! πŸ™‚

patobs01
                                                                                        Participant

I'm Patricia, and I was dx. September, 2009, stage III A. I had a SNB with micro mets to one node followed by a LMD on left axcillary site. I elected to take one month high dose Interferon. All of this might sound agressive for IIIA, but I lost my younger brother to MM when he was 30, so I knew what I could be up against. Fortunately, no progression since, and glad to be her for roll call. This site saved my mind!

patobs01
                                                                                          Participant

I'm Patricia, and I was dx. September, 2009, stage III A. I had a SNB with micro mets to one node followed by a LMD on left axcillary site. I elected to take one month high dose Interferon. All of this might sound agressive for IIIA, but I lost my younger brother to MM when he was 30, so I knew what I could be up against. Fortunately, no progression since, and glad to be her for roll call. This site saved my mind!

Barb
                                                                                            Participant

I was DX in June 2009,ulcerated in my right breast.One node had Mel Stage 3A.I have been NED for over two years thank God!  I plan on being around a long time.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the Plans I have for YOU, declares the LORD, Plans to Prosper YOU and NOT Harm you, Plans to GIVE YOU Hope and a Future 

Barbara Stage 3A

Barb
                                                                                              Participant

I was DX in June 2009,ulcerated in my right breast.One node had Mel Stage 3A.I have been NED for over two years thank God!  I plan on being around a long time.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the Plans I have for YOU, declares the LORD, Plans to Prosper YOU and NOT Harm you, Plans to GIVE YOU Hope and a Future 

Barbara Stage 3A

Spanishlady OZ
                                                                                                Participant

Hi

Stage IIIB 2005 groin disection and radiation 6 years NED.  Whoo Hooo

Spanishlady OZ
                                                                                                  Participant

Hi

Stage IIIB 2005 groin disection and radiation 6 years NED.  Whoo Hooo

newmanmark
                                                                                                    Participant

I want to thank all of you for posting these positive stories.  I hate to be the downer but at times this disease takes over my mind.  I am trying my best to move on with my life and live in the now.  I love being a father and I am grateful for all of the time I have spent with my daughter.  She was born in the middle of my melanoma treatment and I know she was sent as a reminder of how precious life really is.

I'd like to personally thank Debbie for rallying the troops.  It means a lot.  I am sending positive vibes to everyone on this forum!

Mark

newmanmark
                                                                                                      Participant

I want to thank all of you for posting these positive stories.  I hate to be the downer but at times this disease takes over my mind.  I am trying my best to move on with my life and live in the now.  I love being a father and I am grateful for all of the time I have spent with my daughter.  She was born in the middle of my melanoma treatment and I know she was sent as a reminder of how precious life really is.

I'd like to personally thank Debbie for rallying the troops.  It means a lot.  I am sending positive vibes to everyone on this forum!

Mark

Linny
                                                                                                        Participant

Thought I'd put in my 2 cents worth . πŸ™‚

I was diagnosed in December 2010 with Stage III melanoma, unknown primary. I currently in the MAGE vaccine clinical trial and after today's scans I am still NED.

Linda

Linny
                                                                                                          Participant

Thought I'd put in my 2 cents worth . πŸ™‚

I was diagnosed in December 2010 with Stage III melanoma, unknown primary. I currently in the MAGE vaccine clinical trial and after today's scans I am still NED.

Linda

Gwen in Maine
                                                                                                              Participant

I'm getting ready for a follow-up with my doctors and saw this thread. I'm stage 3c and NED since Aug 2010. While melanoma's always somewhere in the back of my mind, I'm busy living life.

Gwen in Maine

Gwen in Maine
                                                                                                                Participant

I'm getting ready for a follow-up with my doctors and saw this thread. I'm stage 3c and NED since Aug 2010. While melanoma's always somewhere in the back of my mind, I'm busy living life.

Gwen in Maine

My mom (MAH in TX ) was stage 1 in 2004. Stage IIIC in June 2011. 

ruby
                                                                                                                Participant

THANK YOU THIS IS THE BEST!!! XX WELL DONE ALL THOSE SURVIVING AND GOOD LUCK πŸ™‚

ruby
                                                                                                                    Participant

should have said been 1A since 2008 newly diagnosed stage 3b 21/12/ 2012  and needing alot of encouragement to feel I have a future so thank you this is a real boost  πŸ™‚ x

ruby
                                                                                                                      Participant

should have said been 1A since 2008 newly diagnosed stage 3b 21/12/ 2012  and needing alot of encouragement to feel I have a future so thank you this is a real boost  πŸ™‚ x

ruby
                                                                                                                        Participant

ruby
                                                                                                                        Participant

THANK YOU THIS IS THE BEST!!! XX WELL DONE ALL THOSE SURVIVING AND GOOD LUCK πŸ™‚

ruby
                                                                                                                          Participant

kjkaralekas
                                                                                                                            Participant

Stage IIIB. NED since 10/2011.

Kelly

Kelly Smith
                                                                                                                                Participant

You have no idea how much this has just helped me. Thank  you all πŸ™‚

Kelly Smith
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Kelly Smith
                                                                                                                                    Participant

kjkaralekas
                                                                                                                                    Participant

Kelly

kjkaralekas
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Kelly

Gene_S
                                                                                                                                        Participant

Hello,

My husband started out at IIIC in Jan. 2008 progressed to IV in Oct. 2010 is on a clinical trial for IPI (Yervoy) in Mar. 2011 and has been NED for 6 months.

Judy (loving wife of Gene)

Gene_S
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Hello,

My husband started out at IIIC in Jan. 2008 progressed to IV in Oct. 2010 is on a clinical trial for IPI (Yervoy) in Mar. 2011 and has been NED for 6 months.

Gene_S
                                                                                                                                            Participant

Hello,

Viewing 57 reply threads
                                                                                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics