The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scans, all clear

Forums General Melanoma Community Scans, all clear

Participant

I had PET/CT and MRI done on Thursday and saw my oncologist today for followup. I heard him say something I have never heard today. While he was recording his notes he said I was in 'complete remission'. And he told me I was a 'walking miracle', and, in a gesture completely unlike him, he HUGGED me when I left!

I had PET/CT and MRI done on Thursday and saw my oncologist today for followup. I heard him say something I have never heard today. While he was recording his notes he said I was in 'complete remission'. And he told me I was a 'walking miracle', and, in a gesture completely unlike him, he HUGGED me when I left!

After all my years here, I wouldn't call myself a walking miracle, because I know who THOSE folks are. DiVa.. John…Charlie.. daKING! Nicfrom Oz. I've not had to go through anything compared to what I see people endure here every day. But I am still beyond delighted to hear such things come from his lips instead of something like..'we've got this mass in your belly to look at' or some such thing!

We've agreed to drop my scans to every 4 months, though if I get more clear scans then, I am going to push for every 6 months. PET's are almost unendurable now for me without doing pain meds for my back first. This time, for the first time ever, I spent the trip home from the center vomiting in the litter bag while bob drove, asking me if he should pull over!

I continue to celebrate my successes against melanoma by overeating and over partying! Tomorrow, I'll brave the snowstorm and head off with a couple of fiddlers to the Portland Old Time Gathering. Then next tuesday I will be heading off with four of my best musical girlfriends for an estrogen filled week of playing music and drinking mai tais in Hawaii.

Right now I am gonna go see True Grit!

Good luck to ALL of you who are going through tough treatments this week

dian 

Viewing 59 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

This is one of the times I wish there was a LIKE button.   That's really all that needs to be said!

XOXO

Janner

Janner
          Participant

This is one of the times I wish there was a LIKE button.   That's really all that needs to be said!

XOXO

Janner

AS123
            Participant

Such great news! I enjoyed reading your post and love your attitude. The overeating and over partying line made me laugh. ๐Ÿ™‚ Enjoy your celebration!! You deserve it. ๐Ÿ™‚

AS123
              Participant

Such great news! I enjoyed reading your post and love your attitude. The overeating and over partying line made me laugh. ๐Ÿ™‚ Enjoy your celebration!! You deserve it. ๐Ÿ™‚

NicOz
                Participant

WOO-HOOOO! This is fantastic news, hun ๐Ÿ˜€ As Janner says, it needs a LIKE button! (Though not about the trip home- you poor love)

Over eat and par-tay your butt off, Di… and play music 'til your fingers fall off. Enjoy Hawaii- though you could've swung past Oz and packed me in a suitcase *pout*

Nic

xxx

NicOz
                  Participant

WOO-HOOOO! This is fantastic news, hun ๐Ÿ˜€ As Janner says, it needs a LIKE button! (Though not about the trip home- you poor love)

Over eat and par-tay your butt off, Di… and play music 'til your fingers fall off. Enjoy Hawaii- though you could've swung past Oz and packed me in a suitcase *pout*

Nic

xxx

Jerry from Cape Cod
                    Participant

dian,

YES!, YES!, YES!…. I'm so happy for you.  Enjoy, overeat and party.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Becky
                        Participant

Wow Dian, great news!

Becky
                          Participant

Wow Dian, great news!

Jerry from Cape Cod
                          Participant

dian,

YES!, YES!, YES!…. I'm so happy for you.  Enjoy, overeat and party.

Jerry from Cape Cod

lhaley
                            Participant

Wahoo!!! I am sooo happy for you!  I remember the post when they found something in your lungs, you waited and there was nothing there. To me this just confirms that you are clear all of these months later!!!  

I have to tell you that I take reassurance in your post since I'm on watch and wait for the lung node.

Go do whatever it is that you enjoy the most, you deserve it! 

Linda

lhaley
                              Participant

Wahoo!!! I am sooo happy for you!  I remember the post when they found something in your lungs, you waited and there was nothing there. To me this just confirms that you are clear all of these months later!!!  

I have to tell you that I take reassurance in your post since I'm on watch and wait for the lung node.

Go do whatever it is that you enjoy the most, you deserve it! 

Linda

Fen
                                Participant

flipping wonderful!!!  Send address and I will send food. 

Fen

Fen
                                  Participant

flipping wonderful!!!  Send address and I will send food. 

Fen

debbieVA
                                    Participant

Whoooo-Hooooo….You made my day!  From one MIRACLE to another MIRACLE….God is good!  

Keep up the good work….Sing your heart out….Live life in a large way!

You Rock!

Love…

Debbie Stage 4 NED  (DIVA)

debbieVA
                                      Participant

Whoooo-Hooooo….You made my day!  From one MIRACLE to another MIRACLE….God is good!  

Keep up the good work….Sing your heart out….Live life in a large way!

You Rock!

Love…

Debbie Stage 4 NED  (DIVA)

2atlascedars
                                          Participant
                                            Dian,

CONGRATULATIONS! This is such great news. I couldn’t be happier for you.

Thank you setting such a strong and inspirational example for all of us dealing with this dreaded disease. Your chronicle is one of legend. You are the model of how we must advocate for our own care and remain vigilant in looking for signs of trouble.

VIVA DIAN…may you experience immeasurable joy and satisfaction as you celebrate this victory!

Regards,
                                            Mark (Stage 2A) from California

2atlascedars
                                            Participant
                                              Dian,

CONGRATULATIONS! This is such great news. I couldn’t be happier for you.

Thank you setting such a strong and inspirational example for all of us dealing with this dreaded disease. Your chronicle is one of legend. You are the model of how we must advocate for our own care and remain vigilant in looking for signs of trouble.

VIVA DIAN…may you experience immeasurable joy and satisfaction as you celebrate this victory!

Regards,
                                              Mark (Stage 2A) from California

jag
                                            Participant

Very happy for you Diane, 

May you survive to die of alcoholism, obesity, or just plain fiddling to death.

You deserve to be healthy and happy as does everybody else on this board.

God Bless

John 

jag
                                              Participant

Very happy for you Diane, 

May you survive to die of alcoholism, obesity, or just plain fiddling to death.

You deserve to be healthy and happy as does everybody else on this board.

God Bless

John 

Jim in Denver
                                                Participant

Hey Dian – you go, go, go girl!!!  You are an amazing woman and friend to many here who are thrilled at your news.  I have to agree with JAG – eat dring and be merry (or just Dian…lol).  I firmly believe your wonderful sense of humor anf joy in life has much to do with your positive outcome.  Go kick up your heels and dance to the music that you love (and with Bob).  Travel, laugh, spend time with friends, and enjoy all that life has to offer!

Best Always,

Jim

Jim in Denver
                                                  Participant

Hey Dian – you go, go, go girl!!!  You are an amazing woman and friend to many here who are thrilled at your news.  I have to agree with JAG – eat dring and be merry (or just Dian…lol).  I firmly believe your wonderful sense of humor anf joy in life has much to do with your positive outcome.  Go kick up your heels and dance to the music that you love (and with Bob).  Travel, laugh, spend time with friends, and enjoy all that life has to offer!

Best Always,

Jim

Sharyn
                                                    Participant

Oh Dian, What wonderful news! I am absolutely thrilled for you! You go hula up a storm with "da girls" and say "aloha" to mel. Adios amigo! Hasta la vista, Baby.

Hugs

Sharyn, Stage IV

Sharyn
                                                      Participant

Oh Dian, What wonderful news! I am absolutely thrilled for you! You go hula up a storm with "da girls" and say "aloha" to mel. Adios amigo! Hasta la vista, Baby.

Hugs

Sharyn, Stage IV

King
                                                        Participant

Dian

Great news!  Celebrate, celebrate!  Keep doing what you are doing.  And i agree with the doc…you are a walking miracle.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV  7/05 Liver mets

King
                                                          Participant

Dian

Great news!  Celebrate, celebrate!  Keep doing what you are doing.  And i agree with the doc…you are a walking miracle.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV  7/05 Liver mets

Yahoo!  I am so excited for you!  You are a walking miracle.  What wonderful news and great break-throughs happening right now.    I too got great news yesterday.  My tumors are still responding the to b-raf inhibator.  I have just past the 7 month mark. 

Hey, my parents said that Spokane was going to get 18 inches of snow…. Did you make it out? 

It sounds like you are on your way to having a blast.  Good for you.

Yippee Skippee!  and Congratulations!

Many blessings to you,

Shelly in Switzerland

Yahoo!  I am so excited for you!  You are a walking miracle.  What wonderful news and great break-throughs happening right now.    I too got great news yesterday.  My tumors are still responding the to b-raf inhibator.  I have just past the 7 month mark. 

Hey, my parents said that Spokane was going to get 18 inches of snow…. Did you make it out? 

It sounds like you are on your way to having a blast.  Good for you.

Yippee Skippee!  and Congratulations!

Many blessings to you,

Shelly in Switzerland

Bonnie Lea
                                                            Participant

OH DIAN    

just such great news.    wheeeeeee   add to that  after my 7 years since DX I have finallty managed to get to one check up every 12 months  (of course they add  subject to change without notice)  and I still have to see my local derm every six months but no hobbithall in TORONTO for 12 twelve months  all that for measly old me  (onnly 2B)  but I am soooooo thrilled happy elated for you it has been a rough rough road recently and I am happy    love those two words you said.

Bonnie Lea
                                                              Participant

OH DIAN    

just such great news.    wheeeeeee   add to that  after my 7 years since DX I have finallty managed to get to one check up every 12 months  (of course they add  subject to change without notice)  and I still have to see my local derm every six months but no hobbithall in TORONTO for 12 twelve months  all that for measly old me  (onnly 2B)  but I am soooooo thrilled happy elated for you it has been a rough rough road recently and I am happy    love those two words you said.

Rocco
                                                                Participant

Dian,

This is such great news.  Congrats!  Celebrate hard, you've earned it.

Rocco – Stage IV 2005

Rocco
                                                                  Participant

Dian,

This is such great news.  Congrats!  Celebrate hard, you've earned it.

Rocco – Stage IV 2005

JenM
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      Have not posted in a while but wanted to say congratulations….that is wonderful news. What a way to start the New Year!
                                                                      JenM
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        Have not posted in a while but wanted to say congratulations….that is wonderful news. What a way to start the New Year!
                                                                        James from Sydney
                                                                        Participant

Dian what great words to hear from the Doctor and such great words for us to read. So so happy for you!

best wishes

James

James from Sydney
                                                                          Participant

Dian what great words to hear from the Doctor and such great words for us to read. So so happy for you!

best wishes

James

DebbieH
                                                                            Participant

SO happy to hear this, dian!!!  I think your music is the best therapy for you!  I know you'll have lots of fun on your trip, especially now with this wonderful news.

Deb

DebbieH
                                                                              Participant

SO happy to hear this, dian!!!  I think your music is the best therapy for you!  I know you'll have lots of fun on your trip, especially now with this wonderful news.

Deb

jJackie W
                                                                                Participant

Hey Dian, what wonderful news.  That's what I call starting the New Year right.

Hugs,

Jackie W

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                                                                    Participant

JACKIE!!!!!!!!!!

Is that really you.  I didn't expect to see you around for a few months. I hope the trip was good and that you are settling in for the winter.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                                                                      Participant

JACKIE!!!!!!!!!!

Is that really you.  I didn't expect to see you around for a few months. I hope the trip was good and that you are settling in for the winter.

Jerry from Cape Cod

jJackie W
                                                                                      Participant

Hey Dian, what wonderful news.  That's what I call starting the New Year right.

Hugs,

Jackie W

ChrisB
                                                                                        Participant

Glad to hear such wonderful news Dian!!

Chris

ChrisB
                                                                                          Participant

Glad to hear such wonderful news Dian!!

Chris

BethA in VA
                                                                                            Participant

This is great news!  I am so happy for you.  Keep celebrating.  Beth 3/B

BethA in VA
                                                                                              Participant

This is great news!  I am so happy for you.  Keep celebrating.  Beth 3/B

LV
                                                                                                Participant

Great news! I'm so happy for you!

Enjoy it all!

LV
                                                                                                  Participant

Great news! I'm so happy for you!

Enjoy it all!

joy_
                                                                                                    Participant

So happy for you!  Love all the good news I'm reading here today! 

joy_
                                                                                                      Participant

So happy for you!  Love all the good news I'm reading here today! 

carol b
                                                                                                        Participant

I am so HAPPY for you. I hope im a walking miracle too and we get together and all the others in remission and walk walk walk walk…omg you give so much hope to me for some reason..im all jittery inside..happy day for you,,,forever

carol b
                                                                                                          Participant

I am so HAPPY for you. I hope im a walking miracle too and we get together and all the others in remission and walk walk walk walk…omg you give so much hope to me for some reason..im all jittery inside..happy day for you,,,forever

Jenjen
                                                                                                            Participant

That is amazing news dian! You deserve to celebrate! ๐Ÿ™‚

Jenjen 3a NED 17 months

Jenjen
                                                                                                              Participant

Jenjen 3a NED 17 months

Jenjen
                                                                                                                Participant

Jenjen 3a NED 17 months

Jenjen
                                                                                                                  Participant

Jenjen 3a NED 17 months

NancyGM
                                                                                                                    Participant

Dian, Huge congrats to you on your wonderful news!! I will be 4 years out from stage IV and 3 years NED on Monday. I can relate to what you said about not quite feeling like a miracle compred to others…If you ever are heading east on I-90 come and meet me for coffee in Missoula. Have a lovely time in Hawaii!

NancyGM
                                                                                                                      Participant

Dian, Huge congrats to you on your wonderful news!! I will be 4 years out from stage IV and 3 years NED on Monday. I can relate to what you said about not quite feeling like a miracle compred to others…If you ever are heading east on I-90 come and meet me for coffee in Missoula. Have a lovely time in Hawaii!

MaryD
                                                                                                                        Participant

Fantastic news Dian!   And the best part of all  ..is that you know how to live!

Enjoy!!

Mary

MaryD
                                                                                                                          Participant

Fantastic news Dian!   And the best part of all  ..is that you know how to live!

Enjoy!!

Mary

Vermont_Donna
                                                                                                                              Participant

YAHOO!!! Such fantastic news! You go girl! You are an inspiration! Live life with GUSTO!!

Vermont_Donna

stage 3a

Vermont_Donna
                                                                                                                                Participant

YAHOO!!! Such fantastic news! You go girl! You are an inspiration! Live life with GUSTO!!

Vermont_Donna

stage 3a

LynnLuc
                                                                                                                                Participant

awesome  awesome

LynnLuc
                                                                                                                                  Participant

awesome  awesome

Amy Busby
                                                                                                                                    Participant

yippee!!!!  I am so happy for you dian – enjoy.  : )

love,

Amy

Amy Busby
                                                                                                                                      Participant

yippee!!!!  I am so happy for you dian – enjoy.  : )

love,

Amy

mike_nj
                                                                                                                                        Participant

Hi Dian

Very glad to see an all clear report.  I  bet you are strumming away and playing your music.

See you in chat sometimes and stay well

Mike from NJ

mike_nj
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Hi Dian

Very glad to see an all clear report.  I  bet you are strumming away and playing your music.

See you in chat sometimes and stay well

Mike from NJ

Viewing 59 reply threads
                                                                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics