The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

scan results-AMAZING

Forums General Melanoma Community scan results-AMAZING

Participant

Background: radiation and IL-2 in January.  Finished end of May.  End of June found 25 brain mets, and cancer all over the body.  One dose of IPI, began Temodar same day.  12 week post IPI scans came back today:

Background: radiation and IL-2 in January.  Finished end of May.  End of June found 25 brain mets, and cancer all over the body.  One dose of IPI, began Temodar same day.  12 week post IPI scans came back today:

The nurse practitioner came into the room with the biggest smile on her face.  "Good news?"  I ask, as my smile starts matching hers.  "Yes, just read it."  She handed me the print out from the radiologist.

MRI Brain wwo Cont

"Just skip to the end."

IMPRESSION:

Interval near complete resolution of enhancement associated with multiple metastatic lesions.  Very faint residual enhancement associated with a right frontal parafalcine mass.  No new enhancing lesions, acute ischemia, or hemorrhagic metastases.

Me (kind of tearing up): "So this is uncommon, yes?" 

Her: "This like…never happens." 

She hands me the other report.

PET CT Whole Body

Again I skip the bottom.

Impression:
      1.  Marked interval improvement suggesting treatement response having demonstrated between 50 and 100 hypermetabolic lesions on prior imaging, now demonstrating 4 hypermetabolic lesions.  Lesions include a right adrenal nodule, nodule superior to the right kidney, anterior mediastinal nodule, and right axillary node.
      2.  Increased activity withing the right maxilla consistent with periodotal disease.  
      3.  Multiple small metastatic lesions demonstrated on the prior MR of the brain are too small to characterize by PET.

You read that right.  4 tumors left.  None of them in the brain.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???  I am still in shock.  I know I still have cancer, but lots less, and nothing new.  Such a good day for my little family!  Had to share!

Viewing 71 reply threads
    • Replies
        deardad
        Participant

ALI……THAT'S FANTASTIC!!!

I'm tearing up for you….

Wow I hope that's the IPI doing it's magic, really great news.

Keep kicking it!

Hope the rest die too.

All the best.

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
          Participant

ALI……THAT'S FANTASTIC!!!

I'm tearing up for you….

Keep kicking it!

Hope the rest die too.

All the best.

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
            Participant

ALI……THAT'S FANTASTIC!!!

I'm tearing up for you….

Keep kicking it!

Hope the rest die too.

All the best.

Nahmi from Melbourne

hope4cure1
              Participant

Oh gosh, Ali.  Nahmi ad I are on the same wave length……..your post bring really happy tears.  Thank you!!!!

Hope

hope4cure1
                Participant

Oh gosh, Ali.  Nahmi ad I are on the same wave length……..your post bring really happy tears.  Thank you!!!!

Hope

hope4cure1
                  Participant

Hope

aldakota22
                    Participant

You GO Girl.Totally AWESOME news.Love the good posts.Keep them comming.Will keep you in my prayers.Beat the Beast .   Al

aldakota22
                      Participant

You GO Girl.Totally AWESOME news.Love the good posts.Keep them comming.Will keep you in my prayers.Beat the Beast .   Al

aldakota22
                        Participant

Richard_K
                          Participant
                            Wow. That is great news to read.
                            Dick
                            Richard_K
                            Participant
                              Dick
                              Richard_K
                              Participant
                                Dick
                                Owl
                                Participant

Ali, moved to tears! So happy for you, been following your story the last weeks.

Jenny

Owl
                                  Participant

Ali, moved to tears! So happy for you, been following your story the last weeks.

Jenny

Owl
                                    Participant

Jenny

rosa1
                                      Participant
                                        Ali, you brought tears to my eyes. This is such a wonderful thing, hope and pray for continued tumor shrinking. Keep the faith!

God bless!

rosa1
                                        Participant
                                          Ali, you brought tears to my eyes. This is such a wonderful thing, hope and pray for continued tumor shrinking. Keep the faith!

God bless!

rosa1
                                          Participant

God bless!

Linny
                                            Participant

What FANTASTIC news!!! You've been through so much. I pray that whatever you're doing zaps the remaining 4 tumors.

Linny
                                              Participant

What FANTASTIC news!!! You've been through so much. I pray that whatever you're doing zaps the remaining 4 tumors.

Linny
                                                Participant

Phil S
                                                    Participant
                                                      Ali, You dont even know the JOY your post gave me, it is beyond words the happiness I feel for you, your husband, and your boys. Keep up the good fight, you are doing something right! We all want to believe in miracles, and today you showed us a wonderful glimmer! Thanks so much for sharing your journey, now go out and take a nice long drive! God bless, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                                                      Phil S
                                                      Participant
                                                        Ali, You dont even know the JOY your post gave me, it is beyond words the happiness I feel for you, your husband, and your boys. Keep up the good fight, you are doing something right! We all want to believe in miracles, and today you showed us a wonderful glimmer! Thanks so much for sharing your journey, now go out and take a nice long drive! God bless, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                                                        Phil S
                                                        Participant
                                                        lhaley
                                                        Participant

I am so happy for you!   Dancing for you.

Linda

lhaley
                                                          Participant

Linda

lhaley
                                                            Participant

Linda

awillett1991
                                                              Participant
                                                                Congrats Ali and thanks for posting this. I am starting IPI soon since Zel has failed after 5 mos and I needed to hear this today!

awillett1991
                                                                Participant
                                                                  Congrats Ali and thanks for posting this. I am starting IPI soon since Zel has failed after 5 mos and I needed to hear this today!

awillett1991
                                                                  Participant

mom3girlsFL
                                                                    Participant

Ali,

SOOO HAPPY for you!  Great news!

🙂 Laurie

mom3girlsFL
                                                                      Participant

Ali,

🙂 Laurie

mom3girlsFL
                                                                        Participant

Ali,

🙂 Laurie

Kim41
                                                                          Participant

Hi Ali, I am so happy for you. I have been following your story for the last year. Wonderful news.  Kim

Kim41
                                                                            Participant

Hi Ali, I am so happy for you. I have been following your story for the last year. Wonderful news.  Kim

Kim41
                                                                              Participant

madeclaire
                                                                                Participant

Ali,  I am so happy for you and pray for continued great results.  This gives me so much hope.  Thank you for posting.

Madeline from Chicago

madeclaire
                                                                                  Participant

Ali,  I am so happy for you and pray for continued great results.  This gives me so much hope.  Thank you for posting.

Madeline from Chicago

madeclaire
                                                                                    Participant

Madeline from Chicago

Rebecca and Bob
                                                                                      Participant

Ali,

WOW! The best news, so happy for you and your family. I hope you did a little something to celebrate because you deserve it!

Rebecca

NYKaren
                                                                                          Participant

Ali,

Fantastic news.  I'm so happy for you and your family.  Lots of tissues being used today.

big hugs,

karen

NYKaren
                                                                                            Participant

Ali,

Fantastic news.  I'm so happy for you and your family.  Lots of tissues being used today.

big hugs,

karen

NYKaren
                                                                                              Participant

Ali,

big hugs,

karen

Rebecca and Bob
                                                                                              Participant

Ali,

WOW! The best news, so happy for you and your family. I hope you did a little something to celebrate because you deserve it!

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                                                                                                Participant

Ali,

Rebecca

H555
                                                                                                  Participant

that is outstanding. My oncologist did something similar 8 weeks ago (I'm on Zelboraf) and we were just shocked, tearful and thankful as I k now you are. Congratulations!

H555
                                                                                                    Participant

that is outstanding. My oncologist did something similar 8 weeks ago (I'm on Zelboraf) and we were just shocked, tearful and thankful as I k now you are. Congratulations!

H555
                                                                                                      Participant

Tina D
                                                                                                          Participant

YES!!! This is wonderful news!! So very very happy for you. Truly amazinglaugh

Tina

Tina D
                                                                                                            Participant

Tina

Tina D
                                                                                                              Participant

Tina

triciad
                                                                                                              Participant

Ali,

God bless you!  This is such wonderful news.  My prayers are with you for continued success!

Tricia

triciad
                                                                                                                Participant

Ali,

God bless you!  This is such wonderful news.  My prayers are with you for continued success!

Tricia

triciad
                                                                                                                  Participant

Ali,

Tricia

gabsound
                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                      Ali,

Congratulations! I wonder if combining radiation with other treatment is what did the trick. I’m so happy to hear your good news. Thanks for sharing.

Julie in las Vegas

gabsound
                                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                                        Ali,

Congratulations! I wonder if combining radiation with other treatment is what did the trick. I’m so happy to hear your good news. Thanks for sharing.

Julie in las Vegas

gabsound
                                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                                          Ali,

Julie in las Vegas

s Mom
                                                                                                                          Participant

YAY!!  So good to hear that you are responding!!  Stay tough – God Bless!!

Jeff's Mom (Bridgette)

s Mom
                                                                                                                            Participant

Jeff's Mom (Bridgette)

s Mom
                                                                                                                              Participant

Jeff's Mom (Bridgette)

benp
                                                                                                                                Participant

Wow, that is amazing! Congratulations! That kind of news is really motivating, hope to have some similar news myself soon.

benp
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Wow, that is amazing! Congratulations! That kind of news is really motivating, hope to have some similar news myself soon.

benp
                                                                                                                                    Participant

MaryD
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Oh my gosh Ali – that is just AMAZING news!     I'm so happy that you've had such incredible results and what an encouraging update!     Hoping that you go out and have a huge celebration with your family.

Sending good thoughts for those great results to keep on coming!

Best regards,

Mary

MaryD
                                                                                                                                        Participant

Oh my gosh Ali – that is just AMAZING news!     I'm so happy that you've had such incredible results and what an encouraging update!     Hoping that you go out and have a huge celebration with your family.

Best regards,

Mary

MaryD
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Best regards,

Mary

audgator
                                                                                                                                            Participant

Gosh, too bad about the periodotal disease…JUST KIDDING!  Great News!  Very happy for you!   Dan

audgator
                                                                                                                                              Participant

Gosh, too bad about the periodotal disease…JUST KIDDING!  Great News!  Very happy for you!   Dan

audgator
                                                                                                                                                Participant

Dgentz
                                                                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                                                                    Fantastic news!!!
                                                                                                                                                    Dgentz
                                                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                                                      Fantastic news!!!
                                                                                                                                                      Dgentz
                                                                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                                                                        Fantastic news!!!
                                                                                                                                                        Congratulations!!! Truly amazing that IPI is! I had all 4doses and have been NED for 8 months now! Just awesome news!!!!
                                                                                                                                                        Congratulations!!! Truly amazing that IPI is! I had all 4doses and have been NED for 8 months now! Just awesome news!!!!
                                                                                                                                                        rbruce
                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Awesome news Ali.  As soon as you get over the shock, run your butt off!  There are more and more good days like this for those of us with M and soon we will all be able to share in the joy of NED!  God Bless, Robert

rbruce
                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Awesome news Ali.  As soon as you get over the shock, run your butt off!  There are more and more good days like this for those of us with M and soon we will all be able to share in the joy of NED!  God Bless, Robert

Karin L
                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Ali….I think of you and pray for you everyday.  This is such AWESOME news!!!!  Now don't disappear on us but go enjoy those boys and hubby and stop in once in a while. 

Karin

Karin L
                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Ali….I think of you and pray for you everyday.  This is such AWESOME news!!!!  Now don't disappear on us but go enjoy those boys and hubby and stop in once in a while. 

Karin

Karin L
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Karin

rbruce
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

rrrule32
                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Ali, I've been following your story for some time now because I've been using you as an example to my oncologist.  My fiance, Kaitlyn, 23, has Stage IV Melanoma.  It's in her brain.  Her Zelboraf recently stopped working.  Temodar was one of the options her oncologist is considering.  But, I don't want to do Temodar unless we do Ipilimumab with it at the same time. 

Can you tell me, how did you convince your oncologist to let you go with both treatments?  Also, did your insurance cover both, or just one?

Thank you so much in advance for the information, and congratulations on your great news. 

Travis

rrrule32
                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Ali, I've been following your story for some time now because I've been using you as an example to my oncologist.  My fiance, Kaitlyn, 23, has Stage IV Melanoma.  It's in her brain.  Her Zelboraf recently stopped working.  Temodar was one of the options her oncologist is considering.  But, I don't want to do Temodar unless we do Ipilimumab with it at the same time. 

Can you tell me, how did you convince your oncologist to let you go with both treatments?  Also, did your insurance cover both, or just one?

Thank you so much in advance for the information, and congratulations on your great news. 

Travis

rrrule32
                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Travis

Viewing 71 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics