The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

old fashioned bell ringing

Forums General Melanoma Community old fashioned bell ringing

Participant

Please join me in an old fashion bell ringing for our friend Denise, who lost her battle with melanoma cancer on January 6th.  

I joined this site 4 years ago and experienced this bell ringing whenever a member whom everyone knew, lost their battle with melanoma.  I don't know where, when or who started it, and I would love to know.  For all who regularly read and post, I think it's a nice way to honor our Friend and send her to the heavens with our bells of solidarity and our quest to keep fighting and find a cure to melanoma cancer..

So in honor of our Friend, Denise Kirley, please ring your bell in honor of her memory.

Viewing 68 reply threads
    • Replies
        Swanee
        Participant

Ringing a bell in Seattle, Washington for you Denise, rest in peace my friend!

Swanee
          Participant

WendyD.
              Participant

Ringing A Bell In Soddy Daisy, Tennessee!!! Rest In The Arms Of The Lord, Denise!!

WendyD.
                Participant

Ringing A Bell In Soddy Daisy, Tennessee!!! Rest In The Arms Of The Lord, Denise!!

WendyD.
                  Participant

MoCedar
                    Participant

Ringing a bell in Philadelphia, Pa. Rest in peace, Denise.

MoCedar
                      Participant

MoCedar
                        Participant

rosa1
                          Participant

Ringing a bell in Jacksonville, FL.  You can finally rest in peace now, Denise! 

rosa1
                            Participant

rosa1
                              Participant

Julie in SoCal
                                Participant

Ringing in Huntington Beach, CA.  Go with God my friend.  Thank you for all your encouragement!

Julie

Julie in SoCal
                                  Participant

Ringing in Huntington Beach, CA.  Go with God my friend.  Thank you for all your encouragement!

Julie

Julie in SoCal
                                    Participant

Julie

Swanee
                                    Participant

KMick
                                      Participant

I too will ring a bell here in Southern California for Denise Kirley.

I followed her posts for about a year now and had continued to hope and pray that with each of her updates that she would recover and triumph from this nightmare cancer.  My thoughts go out to her family and friends. Such a terrible loss.

KMick
                                        Participant

I followed her posts for about a year now and had continued to hope and pray that with each of her updates that she would recover and triumph from this nightmare cancer.  My thoughts go out to her family and friends. Such a terrible loss.

KMick
                                          Participant

JerryfromFauq
                                            Participant

Swanee, It was here before me.  Will ring ooutdoor bell when daylight.  The ringing was being done before I came to the MPIP  in 2007.  Love seeing you keep popping up!

JerryfromFauq
                                              Participant

Swanee, It was here before me.  Will ring ooutdoor bell when daylight.  The ringing was being done before I came to the MPIP  in 2007.  Love seeing you keep popping up!

JerryfromFauq
                                                Participant

Fen
                                                  Participant

Great idea!  Will ring a bell in Illinois for this wonderful woman.

Fen
                                                    Participant

Fen
                                                      Participant

Jewel
                                                        Participant

Ringing a bell from the ADK's. RIP Denise

Jewel
                                                          Participant

Jewel
                                                            Participant

Hstevens0072
                                                              Participant

Prayers and love to Denise's family.  Ringing a bell in the snow this morning.

Hstevens0072
                                                                Participant

Hstevens0072
                                                                  Participant

Tina D
                                                                    Participant

Ringing a bell in her honor this morning from Indiana……

Tina

Tina D
                                                                      Participant

Tina

Tina D
                                                                        Participant

Tina

POW
                                                                          Participant

The only bell I could find in my house was my doorbell. So this morning I rang my doorbell in Atlanta in honor and celebration of Denise. I hope she got a chuckle out of it!

POW
                                                                            Participant

The only bell I could find in my house was my doorbell. So this morning I rang my doorbell in Atlanta in honor and celebration of Denise. I hope she got a chuckle out of it!

POW
                                                                              Participant

Jahendry12
                                                                                Participant

I never had the opportunity to communicate with Denise but from everything I've read, she was a wonderful person.  Ringing a bell in Chicago.  Rest in Peace Denise.

vivian
                                                                                    Participant

A bell is ringing in Wilmington, DE for our dear Denise.

vivian
                                                                                      Participant

vivian
                                                                                        Participant

Jahendry12
                                                                                        Participant

I never had the opportunity to communicate with Denise but from everything I've read, she was a wonderful person.  Ringing a bell in Chicago.  Rest in Peace Denise.

Jahendry12
                                                                                          Participant

Ringing a Bell in Rhode Island for a fellow Sister Warrior.broken heart

s Mom
                                                                                            Participant

Haven't posted in a long time, but I do check in periodically.  I was saddened to read of Denise's passing, so I'm ringing a bell here in Chicago.

I hate this disease

Maureen038
                                                                                                Participant

Ringing a bell and lighting a candle for a very special melanoma warrior!! May Denise's family find solace in knowing how many people were inspired by Denise's amazing spirit!!

Maureen

Maureen038
                                                                                                  Participant

Ringing a bell and lighting a candle for a very special melanoma warrior!! May Denise's family find solace in knowing how many people were inspired by Denise's amazing spirit!!

Maureen

Maureen038
                                                                                                    Participant

Maureen

s Mom
                                                                                                    Participant

Haven't posted in a long time, but I do check in periodically.  I was saddened to read of Denise's passing, so I'm ringing a bell here in Chicago.

I hate this disease

s Mom
                                                                                                      Participant

I hate this disease

SBeattie
                                                                                                        Participant

Bells ringing with reverence for Denise in Columbia, MO…

SBeattie
                                                                                                          Participant

SBeattie
                                                                                                            Participant

Phil S
                                                                                                                Participant

I too will ring a bell today in honor of Denise, I LOVED her FIGHTING ATTITUDE and GENEROUS SPIRIT!!   Valerie (Phil's wife)

Phil S
                                                                                                                  Participant

I too will ring a bell today in honor of Denise, I LOVED her FIGHTING ATTITUDE and GENEROUS SPIRIT!!   Valerie (Phil's wife)

Phil S
                                                                                                                    Participant

vicuk
                                                                                                                    Participant

Ringing a bell in England for a very courageous and inspiring lady.

vicuk
                                                                                                                      Participant

vicuk
                                                                                                                        Participant

Brendan
                                                                                                                          Participant

A bell rings in Philadelphia for you, Denise.  God bless.

Brendan
                                                                                                                            Participant

Brendan
                                                                                                                              Participant

scots
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Bell rings in Virginia . RIP

scots
                                                                                                                                    Participant

scots
                                                                                                                                      Participant

kylez
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Ringing a bell in the city by the bay for Denise.

kylez
                                                                                                                                        Participant

kylez
                                                                                                                                          Participant

susanlee
                                                                                                                                            Participant

Ringing a bell in Alberta, Canada. Rest peacefully. 

susanlee
                                                                                                                                              Participant

susanlee
                                                                                                                                                Participant

Yvonne.D
                                                                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                                                                    Ringing a bell in Ontario, Canada. Rest peacefully.
                                                                                                                                                    Yvonne.D
                                                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                                                      Yvonne.D
                                                                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                                                                        BrianP
                                                                                                                                                        Participant

I'll be ringing a bell for Denise on the beaches of North Carolina today.  Rest in peace Denise.

Brian

BrianP
                                                                                                                                                          Participant

I'll be ringing a bell for Denise on the beaches of North Carolina today.  Rest in peace Denise.

Brian

BrianP
                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Brian

Colleen66
                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Ringing a Bell in Ohio to remember Denise.

Colleen

UrsulaZ
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Ringing a bell for Denise in Calgary, Canada

-UrsulaZ

UrsulaZ
                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

-UrsulaZ

UrsulaZ
                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

-UrsulaZ

Colleen66
                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Colleen

Colleen66
                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Colleen

Janet Lee
                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Ringing a bell in Sutton, MA for courageous, inspiring, beautiful Denise. Rest in peace, dear Denise. I will miss your fighting spirit, your eternal optimism and hope. You will be missed.

Janet Lee

Janet Lee
                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Ringing a bell in Sutton, MA for courageous, inspiring, beautiful Denise. Rest in peace, dear Denise. I will miss your fighting spirit, your eternal optimism and hope. You will be missed.

Janet Lee

Janet Lee
                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Janet Lee

hdelancey23
                                                                                                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                  I just saw this post and WOW. This really touched my heart and it is so nice to see that my mom affected so many people all over the world. Thanks so much to everyone here that rang a bell all over in honor of my mom. I’m sure she is sitting in heaven getting a kick out of all these people ringing bells for her. Thanks so much to everyone. I will ring a bell right now for my strong courageous mother.
                                                                                                                                                                                  hdelancey23
                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                    I just saw this post and WOW. This really touched my heart and it is so nice to see that my mom affected so many people all over the world. Thanks so much to everyone here that rang a bell all over in honor of my mom. I’m sure she is sitting in heaven getting a kick out of all these people ringing bells for her. Thanks so much to everyone. I will ring a bell right now for my strong courageous mother.
                                                                                                                                                                                    hdelancey23
                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                      Hwaymack
                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Thank you everyone for showing support for our mom! It is very nice to know she had a family here too that has so much love and support for her!! I wish you all the best that are battling this horrible disease and pray that a cure is found soon!!

Holly

(Denise's other daughter)

Hwaymack
                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Thank you everyone for showing support for our mom! It is very nice to know she had a family here too that has so much love and support for her!! I wish you all the best that are battling this horrible disease and pray that a cure is found soon!!

Holly

Hwaymack
                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Holly

Moodypoodle
                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Ringing a bell in Moody, AL. RIP Denise. 

Moodypoodle
                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Moodypoodle
                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Viewing 68 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                                                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics