The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Lost my dad

Forums General Melanoma Community Lost my dad

Participant

Today and 12.40, 9th August my father passed away in my mums arms in a private hospice with his two daughters, myself and my sister Rachel.

He complained of a stomach pain on Wednesday night and we got into this lovely private palliative care hospice the next day where is rapidly declined. He fought all the way still believing he would see the neurosurgeon next week. The nurse thought it was probably his liver. 

I am totally numb and feel so incredibly lost.

My deardad is gone.

Nahmi from Melbourne

Today and 12.40, 9th August my father passed away in my mums arms in a private hospice with his two daughters, myself and my sister Rachel.

He complained of a stomach pain on Wednesday night and we got into this lovely private palliative care hospice the next day where is rapidly declined. He fought all the way still believing he would see the neurosurgeon next week. The nurse thought it was probably his liver. 

I am totally numb and feel so incredibly lost.

My deardad is gone.

Nahmi from Melbourne

Viewing 77 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Nahmi,

I am so sorry to hear that your dad has passed away.   Your dad is now in peace but the rest of your family is in pain.   Surround your self in good memories.   Know that you have done all you could have.

Linda

lhaley
          Participant

Nahmi,

I am so sorry to hear that your dad has passed away.   Your dad is now in peace but the rest of your family is in pain.   Surround your self in good memories.   Know that you have done all you could have.

Linda

lhaley
            Participant

Nahmi,

Linda

hope4cure1
              Participant

Nahmi, I just wish I could hug you. This has been such a tough journey for you all.  You love for your dad was so very obvious in your posts.  Surely, your dad felt that love, and it gave him comfort strength.  My prayers tonight go out to you and your family.  Take care,

Hope

hope4cure1
                Participant

Nahmi, I just wish I could hug you. This has been such a tough journey for you all.  You love for your dad was so very obvious in your posts.  Surely, your dad felt that love, and it gave him comfort strength.  My prayers tonight go out to you and your family.  Take care,

Hope

hope4cure1
                  Participant

Hope

FormerCaregiver
                    Participant

Nahmi, I am deeply saddened to read that your dad has passed away. Please accept my heartfelt sympathy.

Unfortunately, there is nothing much that anyone can say that will make a lot of difference to how you might be feeling at the moment. However, talking with others who have also lost a loved one to melanoma helped me to cope with the loss of my wife in 2009.

Take care

Frank from Australia

Vermont_Donna
                        Participant

Dear Nahmi,

I am so sorry to hear that your father has died from melanoma cancer. He certainly was a fighter and you were right beside him every step of the way. May your memories comfort you and your family.

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna

Vermont_Donna
                          Participant

Dear Nahmi,

I am so sorry to hear that your father has died from melanoma cancer. He certainly was a fighter and you were right beside him every step of the way. May your memories comfort you and your family.

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna

Vermont_Donna
                            Participant

Dear Nahmi,

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna

FormerCaregiver
                            Participant

Nahmi, I am deeply saddened to read that your dad has passed away. Please accept my heartfelt sympathy.

Unfortunately, there is nothing much that anyone can say that will make a lot of difference to how you might be feeling at the moment. However, talking with others who have also lost a loved one to melanoma helped me to cope with the loss of my wife in 2009.

Take care

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                              Participant

Take care

Frank from Australia

saddaughter
                                Participant
                                  Nahmi,
                                  I’m so sorry for the loss of your dad. May you find comfort in your family as you go through this difficult journey. I’m sure your dad would have passed being so proud of you and knowing how much you loved him.

Cathy

saddaughter
                                  Participant
                                    Nahmi,
                                    I’m so sorry for the loss of your dad. May you find comfort in your family as you go through this difficult journey. I’m sure your dad would have passed being so proud of you and knowing how much you loved him.

Cathy

saddaughter
                                    Participant
                                      Nahmi,

Cathy

Lori C
                                      Participant

Nahmi, I am so very sorry.  You did an incredible job of advocating and caregiving.  Your dad was surrounded by love.  I think that is perhaps the very best any of us can hope for.  May his memory be for a blessing,

Lori caregiver to Will

Lori C
                                        Participant

Nahmi, I am so very sorry.  You did an incredible job of advocating and caregiving.  Your dad was surrounded by love.  I think that is perhaps the very best any of us can hope for.  May his memory be for a blessing,

Lori caregiver to Will

Lori C
                                          Participant

Lori caregiver to Will

Gene_S
                                            Participant

Nahmi,  We are so sorry to hear of your Dear Dad's Passing.  Our prayers go out to you and the family.  You were such a great caregiver and advocate for Dad.  Remember the good memories.

Judy and Gene

Gene_S
                                              Participant

Nahmi,  We are so sorry to hear of your Dear Dad's Passing.  Our prayers go out to you and the family.  You were such a great caregiver and advocate for Dad.  Remember the good memories.

Judy and Gene

Gene_S
                                                Participant

Judy and Gene

triciad
                                                  Participant

Nahmi,

I am so sorry to hear about your dad.  He was truly lucky to have such an amazing daughter.  May his memories confort you in this difficult time and know his spirit lives within you forever.  My deepest sympathies.

Tricia

triciad
                                                    Participant

Nahmi,

I am so sorry to hear about your dad.  He was truly lucky to have such an amazing daughter.  May his memories confort you in this difficult time and know his spirit lives within you forever.  My deepest sympathies.

Tricia

triciad
                                                      Participant

Nahmi,

Tricia

Karin L
                                                        Participant

I wish I could hug you, I am so sorry Nahmi.  I have 2 daughters and a son myself and I worry all the time how they are doing.  Godspeed Daddy.

Karin

Karin L
                                                          Participant

I wish I could hug you, I am so sorry Nahmi.  I have 2 daughters and a son myself and I worry all the time how they are doing.  Godspeed Daddy.

Karin

Karin L
                                                            Participant

Karin

MeNDave
                                                              Participant

Nahmi,

I'm so sorry honey.  I wish I could hug you right now.  Take time to grieve… and know that you did everything you could to help him.  I hope you find some peace (I'm still looking for mine), and in time can smile.  You were such an amazing advocate for him, and I'm sure he's looking down on you with a smile.

You BOTH fought a good fight.

Much love,

Maria

MeNDave
                                                                Participant

Nahmi,

I'm so sorry honey.  I wish I could hug you right now.  Take time to grieve… and know that you did everything you could to help him.  I hope you find some peace (I'm still looking for mine), and in time can smile.  You were such an amazing advocate for him, and I'm sure he's looking down on you with a smile.

Much love,

Maria

MeNDave
                                                                  Participant

Nahmi,

Much love,

Maria

Linny
                                                                    Participant

Dear Nahmi,

I am so very sorry to hear this. You fought so hard for your dad. I'm sure he knows just how hard you fought and how much you loved him. I wish I could give you a big hug right now.

Linda

Linny
                                                                      Participant

Dear Nahmi,

I am so very sorry to hear this. You fought so hard for your dad. I'm sure he knows just how hard you fought and how much you loved him. I wish I could give you a big hug right now.

Linda

Linny
                                                                        Participant

Dear Nahmi,

Linda

deardad
                                                                          Participant

In all my madness I posted the wrong date (not that it matters) 

Henry Winkler

13/4/1947-10/8/2012

deardad
                                                                            Participant

Henry Winkler

13/4/1947-10/8/2012

deardad
                                                                              Participant

Henry Winkler

13/4/1947-10/8/2012

gabsound
                                                                                Participant
                                                                                  Nahmi,

I am so sorry to hear your father has died. There is never a good time to lose a parent. I’m sure you will have some comfort in knowing he is no longer suffering. Hold closely your family, and with time may you only remember the good time with your father.

Hugs,
                                                                                  Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                    Nahmi,

I am so sorry to hear your father has died. There is never a good time to lose a parent. I’m sure you will have some comfort in knowing he is no longer suffering. Hold closely your family, and with time may you only remember the good time with your father.

Hugs,
                                                                                    Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                      Nahmi,

Hugs,
                                                                                      Julie in Las Vegas

s Mom
                                                                                      Participant

Dear Nahmi,

I am so sorry for your loss.  I know how much you loved your dad.

Jeff's Mom (Bridgette)

s Mom
                                                                                        Participant

Dear Nahmi,

Jeff's Mom (Bridgette)

s Mom
                                                                                          Participant

Dear Nahmi,

Jeff's Mom (Bridgette)

benp
                                                                                            Participant

Dear Nahmi, 

I don't know what else to say other than I am very sad and sorry for your loss. Despite the huge sadness that you must feel, you should be confident that you did everything a daighter could possibly do to support your dad and his illness.

Thinking about you, 

Ben.

benp
                                                                                              Participant

Dear Nahmi, 

I don't know what else to say other than I am very sad and sorry for your loss. Despite the huge sadness that you must feel, you should be confident that you did everything a daighter could possibly do to support your dad and his illness.

Thinking about you, 

Ben.

benp
                                                                                                Participant

Dear Nahmi, 

Thinking about you, 

Ben.

Phil S
                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                    Nahmi, Prayers and strength for your family during this difficult time. You sound like an amazing daughter, a wonderful tribute to your Dad. God bless, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                                                                                                    Phil S
                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                      Nahmi, Prayers and strength for your family during this difficult time. You sound like an amazing daughter, a wonderful tribute to your Dad. God bless, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                                                                                                      Phil S
                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                        jag
                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                          Very sorry to hear this, you will be in my prayers.
                                                                                                          jag
                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                            jag
                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                              awillett1991
                                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                                So sorry for your loss. Be comforted knowing he suffers no more. I lost my dad to Mel 2.5 yrs ago and I am know stage 4 myself. I Hate this awful disease!
                                                                                                                awillett1991
                                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                                  So sorry for your loss. Be comforted knowing he suffers no more. I lost my dad to Mel 2.5 yrs ago and I am know stage 4 myself. I Hate this awful disease!
                                                                                                                  awillett1991
                                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                                    James from Sydney
                                                                                                                    Participant

Nahmi my condolences to all your family, we have never met your father but if he was anything like you then he must have been a great man, i know he would have been so proud of you standing by him from day 1

best wishes

James

James from Sydney
                                                                                                                      Participant

Nahmi my condolences to all your family, we have never met your father but if he was anything like you then he must have been a great man, i know he would have been so proud of you standing by him from day 1

best wishes

James

James from Sydney
                                                                                                                        Participant

best wishes

James

deardad
                                                                                                                            Participant

Thank you for all your kind words.

I will continue to check in to support all you fighters, carers and loved ones who have lost also.

Love Nahmi

deardad
                                                                                                                              Participant

I will continue to check in to support all you fighters, carers and loved ones who have lost also.

Love Nahmi

deardad
                                                                                                                                Participant

Love Nahmi

Richard_K
                                                                                                                                Participant

Nahmi

I am so sorry to read this news. I hope the time comes quickly to you where all you can remember the good times and laughs you must have shared.

Dick

Richard_K
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Nahmi

I am so sorry to read this news. I hope the time comes quickly to you where all you can remember the good times and laughs you must have shared.

Dick

Richard_K
                                                                                                                                    Participant

Nahmi

Dick

aldakota22
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Another  good person gone to early to this awful disese.Very sorry for your loss.Will be in my prayers .Know he had a loving daughter.Blessed in that respect .Beat the Beast.    Al

aldakota22
                                                                                                                                        Participant

Another  good person gone to early to this awful disese.Very sorry for your loss.Will be in my prayers .Know he had a loving daughter.Blessed in that respect .Beat the Beast.    Al

Snickers60
                                                                                                                                            Participant

Soooo sorry Nahmi – I have been following your story !   I know your hearts are broken !   You were such a good caregiver !   I pray for peace and healing of your hearts in time !   DEEPEST CONDOLENCES TO YOU !  

Snickers60
                                                                                                                                              Participant

Soooo sorry Nahmi – I have been following your story !   I know your hearts are broken !   You were such a good caregiver !   I pray for peace and healing of your hearts in time !   DEEPEST CONDOLENCES TO YOU !  

Snickers60
                                                                                                                                                Participant

aldakota22
                                                                                                                                                Participant

kristine
                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Thank you for all of your posts, just want you to know that your input has touched my life.  May God comfort you and your family now and always.  You are a special person.  God Bless

NYKaren
                                                                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                                                                        Dear Nahmi,
                                                                                                                                                        I am so very sorry for your loss. I’m glad your dad was surrounded by his loving family. You are a wonderful daughter and I too wish I could hug you.
                                                                                                                                                        Karen
                                                                                                                                                        NYKaren
                                                                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                                                                          Dear Nahmi,
                                                                                                                                                          I am so very sorry for your loss. I’m glad your dad was surrounded by his loving family. You are a wonderful daughter and I too wish I could hug you.
                                                                                                                                                          Karen
                                                                                                                                                          NYKaren
                                                                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                                                                            Dear Nahmi,
                                                                                                                                                            Karen
                                                                                                                                                          kristine
                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Thank you for all of your posts, just want you to know that your input has touched my life.  May God comfort you and your family now and always.  You are a special person.  God Bless

kristine
                                                                                                                                                            Participant

susanr
                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Nahmi,

I am so sorry.  I have read most of your posts and know how you both have suffered.  Your dad is at peace and free from pain.  I do believe that this is a temporary seperation for your family. You will all see your dad some day in a better place.  My prayers are with you.

Susan

susanr
                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Nahmi,

I am so sorry.  I have read most of your posts and know how you both have suffered.  Your dad is at peace and free from pain.  I do believe that this is a temporary seperation for your family. You will all see your dad some day in a better place.  My prayers are with you.

Susan

susanr
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Nahmi,

Susan

AllyNTAus
                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Dear Nahmi,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You did everything possible to try and find answers for your Dad.

Sending you lots of virtual hugs,

Allison in Darwin NT

AllyNTAus
                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Dear Nahmi,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You did everything possible to try and find answers for your Dad.

Allison in Darwin NT

AllyNTAus
                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Dear Nahmi,

Allison in Darwin NT

Ashykay
                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Dearest Nahmi,

I am truly sorry to hear about your Dad – he was obviously a fighter. Although they tell you (in one way or another) that the time is near, I don't think anything can prepare you for that moment, or even the moments beforehand when they are unwell.

I'm going on 3 months without my Mum (who passed away in May from melanoma of unknown primary). I think I have been in the "denial" stage for pretty much the entire 3 months, and it's only just starting to hit me now. I can't explain how much I miss her….and now I am really starting to feel that. I hope that I can help you by saying that nothing is normal right now – you just need to do what is best for you, and not to worry about anyone else, or the expectations that people have about your grieving process. Your Dad will be with you every step of the way, and you will probably be surprised as to the strength that you have which will come from your Dad and the life you've had together. 

I'm getting on the melanoma advocacy bandwagon big time here in Australia (well, as best as I can) – I'm from Brisbane. I'm in touch with a fellow "melanoma warrier" called Jay Allen – you may have heard of him (he was on RPA years ago), trying to raise awareness as well as funds into research. I really think that's what has kept me going these past few months.

I wish for your benefit that your fellow family members and friends gather around to support each other as best you can during this difficult time. I hope that you are able to find solace and comfort in time.

Thinking of you.

Ashykay
                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Dearest Nahmi,

I am truly sorry to hear about your Dad – he was obviously a fighter. Although they tell you (in one way or another) that the time is near, I don't think anything can prepare you for that moment, or even the moments beforehand when they are unwell.

I'm going on 3 months without my Mum (who passed away in May from melanoma of unknown primary). I think I have been in the "denial" stage for pretty much the entire 3 months, and it's only just starting to hit me now. I can't explain how much I miss her….and now I am really starting to feel that. I hope that I can help you by saying that nothing is normal right now – you just need to do what is best for you, and not to worry about anyone else, or the expectations that people have about your grieving process. Your Dad will be with you every step of the way, and you will probably be surprised as to the strength that you have which will come from your Dad and the life you've had together. 

I'm getting on the melanoma advocacy bandwagon big time here in Australia (well, as best as I can) – I'm from Brisbane. I'm in touch with a fellow "melanoma warrier" called Jay Allen – you may have heard of him (he was on RPA years ago), trying to raise awareness as well as funds into research. I really think that's what has kept me going these past few months.

I wish for your benefit that your fellow family members and friends gather around to support each other as best you can during this difficult time. I hope that you are able to find solace and comfort in time.

Thinking of you.

Ashykay
                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Dearest Nahmi,

Thinking of you.

Lisa – Aust
                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

So sorry to hear this news. You were such a wonderful support to him – he was lucky to have you.

Lisa

Lisa – Aust
                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

So sorry to hear this news. You were such a wonderful support to him – he was lucky to have you.

Lisa

Lisa – Aust
                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Lisa

cwu
                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                        Nahmi,

I am incredibly sad and sorry for your loss. Please know that he is no longer in pain and that he will always be by your side.

Chau

cwu
                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                          Nahmi,

I am incredibly sad and sorry for your loss. Please know that he is no longer in pain and that he will always be by your side.

Chau

cwu
                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                            Nahmi,

Chau

Viewing 77 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics