The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

I’m NED!

Forums General Melanoma Community I’m NED!

Participant

Warriors,

I just spoke with Dr. Amaria and I am NED! Nothing on the scans, nothing. 15 months after diagnosis, 4 rounds of PV-10 and pending (I’m not even sure today which round) another infusion of Pembro victory has been declared on this front. Still in a bit of shock over the news (in such a good way). This enemy can be beat!

Please stay in the fight Warriors, fight with your entire body & soul!! This enemy has weaknesses and we need to find and exploit the weaknesses, 

Tex

Viewing 29 reply threads
    • Replies
        gopher38
        Participant

Outstanding.

dessie
            Participant

That is super duper and gives everyone hope…. Congrats and thx for sharing!!

dessie

Tracyyy
            Participant
              Seing your post made me smile, so happy for you! Congrats! Wish you many many years of NED!
                Newmanbell
                Participant

This is one big family and I have followed your history.  I have checked back 2x today just to see how you made you.  I love stories like this.  Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donna (wife of Stage 3b hubby)

BethL
                Participant

FANTASTIC NEWS!!  So happy to hear this. Been following your journey, and so glad for you!

take care-beth

Fen
                  Participant

Wonderful news!

jbronicki
                    Participant

YES!  That's the news we wanted to hear!  Today is a good day!

Kevin2016
                        Participant

Great news!! So happy for you!!

Kevin

BillB
                        Participant

Congrats, great news for sure!

bjeans
                          Participant

Best three letters ever: NED! Congrats. BTW, when I found this forum after my husband was diagnosed, your screen name let me laugh for the first time when reading about melanoma. So thanks for that!

Beth

ed williams
                            Participant

That is great news Tex!!! Now, I have been meaning to ask you a question for a while now, so where exactly are you from Tex???

TexMelanomex
                                Participant

The great state of Texas..of course!! Central Texas to be more specific 😉

ed williams
                                  Participant

I was just trying set you up for a "Forrest Gump" movie Quote!!!

Nick C
                                  Participant

Way to go! Those are words we all are striving for! 

vivian
                                      Participant

Wonderful news!  So happy for you, your family and all of us!

ABlazek
                                      Participant
                                        Hooray! What incredible news — Congrats to an inspiring warrior! Thank you for sharing your battle and encouraging everyone here.

Anne

jennunicorn
                                        Participant

YESSS!!!!! Doing the happy dance for you Tex!! 

Coragirl
                                          Participant

Yay!!!!! So happy for you. 

Mark_DC
                                            Participant

Well done Tex, great news! I am on TVEC plus pembro and it seems to be working but only very slowly (and difficult to get insurance approval) – how easy was it to find the pv10: it seems great!

Casitas1
                                              Participant

Sweeeeet! Keep it up!

Paul

CancerSpouse
                                                Participant

Could not be happier for you, Tex! Take a victory lap. ~ Carol

GeoTony
                                                  Participant

Go Tex go, with a little help form PV-10

Great news

obtu.bt
                                                    Participant

great news Tex, very happy for you and wish the same for rest of us.

congrat Warriorcool

rosa1
                                                      Participant
                                                        Great news, congrats! To many, many more NED years!!!!
                                                        Rosa
                                                        Bubbles
                                                        Participant

Awesome-NESSSSS!!!!!  Great news.  Way to rock it out, my dear rattie!!!!  love, c

jagstter
                                                          Participant

Congratulations, Tex! Wonderful news 😉

TexMelanomex
                                                            Participant

Thank you ALL for the well wishes and the congatulations! I will absolutely remain engaged in the fight because the war has not been won, not until every one of you are rid of this dirty bastard of an enemy. Please, please, please stay in the fight Warriors!! The battlefield is changing at warp speed and something that is not available today as a treatment might be available tomorrow. I have a healthy respect for this enemy but more powerfully, I have a hatred of it. My approach throughout this journey and continuing forward is to be the hardest SOB this disease has ever tried to kill. Each of us have to use our own strategy to fight and win, but as long as we are in the fight we have the opportunity to win. The Warriors here have strengthened me (more than many of you know), your victories and your struggles gave me incredible motivation and resolve over the past 15 months. I know NED status is not always permanent so I remain vigilant and engaged. I will of course, celebrate briefly, and then fortify my position again. The real celebration comes when we no longer have a need for this forum and we talk about the old days when there was no cure for melanoma. I know that many of my fellow warriors are deep in battle right now and my prayers and support are with you whether I stay NED for a month, a decade, or for the rest of my life. 

WARRIOR ON!!

MelanomaMike
                                                                Participant
                                                                  Yeeha! Thats of course AWESOME NEWS! (I already knew your CT report days ago) but still felt i should support you here on MRF as well haha..
                                                                  Like you said bro, continue this battle as if NED was a dream, do yer scans, look your “own” body over for suspicious bastards, eat well, and live everyday like its yer last….praise God & the makers of Pembro & PV-10 and to your whole team that treated you…
                                                                  Your Warrior Brother Mike
                                                                Julie in SoCal
                                                                Participant

Wooohooooooooo!

Doing a two legged happy dance for you!

Thanks for sharing the news.

Peace,

Julie

Bubbles
                                                                    Participant

All two both of them???!!!  THAT is AWESOME!!!  c

MelanomaMike
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        If your actually a cat, that dance would be funny…
                                                                      sister of patient
                                                                      Participant

Great news Tex!! So happy for you 🙂 !!!! Well done!!! Best thoughts and wishes always!!

Barb

SABKLYN
                                                                        Participant

There's no news like good news – congrats!

Hukill
                                                                          Participant

Great news!! I also get treated in central Texas, VA hospital in San Antonio.

Scooby123
                                                                            Participant
                                                                              That’s great news TeX . so happy for you .
                                                                              Scooby x
                                                                              betsyl
                                                                              Participant

WOOT. Great news! Huge congrats!

Susanlee528
                                                                                  Participant

That is so amazing!! That’s the kind of news that so many of us here need to read! The beast can (and will) be beaten!!

BethPendley
                                                                                  Participant

I am SO THRILLED for this news!!! My father was just diagnosed early last week and I have been reading posts on this forum (including ALL of yours) as a source of encouragement. This is just such a great blessing – so happy for you! Have an amazing weekend! 

We are still waiting on scheduling of an appointment with MDA, but have one at Moffitt next Thursday so looks like we'll be starting our battle with them. I hope we have as good of an experience with our care there as you did with MDA!

BethPendley
                                                                                    Participant

I am SO THRILLED for this news!!! My father was just diagnosed early last week and I have been reading posts on this forum (including ALL of yours) as a source of encouragement. This is just such a great blessing – so happy for you! Have an amazing weekend! 

We are still waiting on scheduling of an appointment with MDA, but have one at Moffitt next Thursday so looks like we'll be starting our battle with them. I hope we have as good of an experience with our care there as you did with MDA!

Rocco
                                                                                      Participant

Congrats, Tex! Such great news!

-Rocco

Viewing 29 reply threads
                                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics