The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

For all my dear peeps – Happy 2019!!! (and an update)

Forums General Melanoma Community For all my dear peeps – Happy 2019!!! (and an update)

Participant

Happy New Year!!!!

Though my dear peeps and ratties here are well acquainted with my story, in the effort to provide hope to new members….

I was diagnosed with Stage 3b melanoma in 2003, progressing to Stage 4 with brain and lung mets in 2010. I was saved with SRS to the brain met, surgical removal of the right upper lobe of my lung, and 2 1/2 years of an Opdivo trial back when it was called MDX-1106.  I have lived with melanoma for 16 years and remained NED for melanoma more than 8.  Yes!  Melanoma treatments have come a long way, baby!!!  Here's hoping for even more effective treatments in the coming year.

As for my latest crazy, I am DONE with my adjuvant CAPOX treatment for ex-goblet cell carcinoma of the appendix!  (Thank God and Greyhound they're gone!!!!)  I am finally feeling better.  For those interested, here's the latest installment in that tale:

http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2019/01/happy-new-year-and-capox-as-adjuvant.html  

I am ever so grateful for the support that each of you have so generously provided over these past 4 months.  It has meant more to me and mine than you will ever know.

May the coming year bring much love, peace, and health to each of you.  Love, les

Viewing 22 reply threads
    • Replies
        BillB
        Participant

Hi Celeste, Happy New Year and Thank You for all the support you provide. Extremely happy you are feeling better and and wish a safe and disease free 2019 for you and everyone on MPIP!!!!!

Bill

dessie
          Participant

Happy New Year to you and all our fellow forum people.  I am so happy that you are feeling better and doing as well as you are!!.. A true inspiration that we can survive!!

Hope this year will be the best ever!

Dessie

Mat
            Participant

Happy New Year, Celeste!  I'm thankful to have had a lovely holiday season with family and looking forward to a happy and hopefully healthy 2019.  Best wishes to all for a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

ed williams
              Participant

Great news!!! Now that you have that shit under control can we get back to the sewing (main reason I follow your blog), I haven't seen that cute model in a new out fit in some time!!!! Melanoma humor!!! Happy New Years from north of the 49 degree border!!!

Johnjk04
                Participant

Thank you Les for sharing all of your information with us. We are all so fortunate to have you on our team, leading us with your ferocious diligence. So many peeps have been enlightened by your messages. I do not worry about you because you are on tough cookie. Happy New Year !!!!!!

Coragirl
                  Participant

Happy New Year, I am so happy to hear you are feeling better. As I have said before you are amazing. Thank you for your kindness and knowledge.

marta010
                    Participant

Happy New Year to you and your dear family!  Looking forward to your recovery and to a healthier 2019 for everyone!  Thank you for all of the wisdom you share – take care!

Ann

BrianP
                      Participant

Celeste,

So happy to read this post.  My eyes are welling up as I write.  It's amazing how much people who you have never met can mean so much to you and have such an impact on your life.  In a little while I will be meeting a friend who is beginning a pretty serious cancer journey of his own and I find my self thinking "what would Celeste say to encourage this friend."  I wish you and your's a joyful and healthy 2019.

BTW I'm with Ed, I only go to your blog for the pics also 🙂 !

Brian

mrsaxde
                        Participant

I'm glad you're feeling better, and ready to kick 2019's a$$. Here's hoping for a year of improving health!

-Bill

caman
                            Participant

Thats great news!!..Im fairly new here but you are very much like my second doctor.  Appreciate all the info you provide.  Wishing you a great new year!

caman
                              Participant

Thats great news!!..Im fairly new here but you are very much like my second doctor.  Appreciate all the info you provide.  Wishing you a great new year!..dupicated message.  sent anonymous by mistake

jbronicki
                              Participant

So glad the bubbly is back in Bubbles!  I can't imagine what you have gone through (anything called goblet must be so tough).  Quite honestly, I check your blog and have been waiting to hear that you are feeling better, it was so tough knowing that you were hurting, etc.  Celeste, quite simply, we need you and you are invaluable to us.  If I ever have anything wrong, I would follow your advice in a heartbeat, highest compliment I can give.  Here's to a great 2019!i

jbronicki
                                Participant

So glad the bubbly is back in Bubbles!  I can't imagine what you have gone through (anything called goblet must be so tough).  Quite honestly, I check your blog and have been waiting to hear that you are feeling better, it was so tough knowing that you were hurting, etc.  Celeste, quite simply, we need you and you are invaluable to us.  If I ever have anything wrong, I would follow your advice in a heartbeat, highest compliment I can give.  Here's to a great 2019!i

jbronicki
                                  Participant

So glad the bubbly is back in Bubbles!  I can't imagine what you have gone through (anything called goblet must be so tough).  Quite honestly, I check your blog and have been waiting to hear that you are feeling better, it was so tough knowing that you were hurting, etc.  Celeste, quite simply, we need you and you are invaluable to us.  If I ever have anything wrong, I would follow your advice in a heartbeat, highest compliment I can give.  Here's to a great 2019 for you and your family!

jbronicki
                                    Participant

So glad the bubbly is back in Bubbles!  I can't imagine what you have gone through (anything called goblet must be so tough).  Quite honestly, I check your blog and have been waiting to hear that you are feeling better, it was so tough knowing that you were hurting, etc.  Celeste, quite simply, we need you and you are invaluable to us.  If I ever have anything wrong, I would follow your advice in a heartbeat, highest compliment I can give.  Here's to a great 2019 for you and your family!

jbronicki
                                        Participant

STUPID CAPTHCA!  sorry for the repeats

MelMel
                                        Participant

Celeste, you are a true warrior and deserve all the respect! Hope 2019 brings a fresh new page of good health to all of us!

Melanie

lkb
                                          Participant

Dear Celeste, I'm thrilled to hear that you're feeling better. Will be good vibing you (always, actually, but particularly) on the 7th for a go-forward plan with your oncologist. Wishing you lots of garden time and a much easier 2019!

Lisa

jennunicorn
                                            Participant

Wishing you a happy and HEALTHY new year C!!

Bubbles
                                              Participant

Thanks, warm wishes and big hugs to each of you!!!  You are all too kind.  And, yes, my dear Brian.  We DO know each other, don't we???  For all its crazy, it is still a wonderful world.  I am grateful for each of you and the places you hold in my heart.  les

sing123
                                                Participant

Thank you so much for your encouraging presence on this group. Here’s to a wonderful, healthy, and pain-free year for you!

Scooby123
                                                  Participant
                                                    HAPPY New year too all , glad things are getting better hun for you. Let’s hope we all have a good 2019. Xx God bless us all.
                                                    SCOOBY x
                                                    MelanomaMike
                                                    Participant

Hello sister Bubbles! youve been such a huge help for me and countless others, always behind you sis!

jenny22
                                                      Participant

Hey Celeste-

Am just reading this now, but wanted to say CONGRATS….so happy that nasty treatment is behind you.

And more importantly that it did what it was supposed to do and your good health will continue!

all my best,

jenny

SOLE
                                                        Participant

Wishing you and everyone here, nothing but true health!

Momofjake
                                                          Participant

Thank you for the update and the recap. You have always been the pack leader offering needed information when many of us need options and support. 16 years is a miracle and we love stories with miracles here!! Sorry for this last round you suffered, once again you are sharing your fight and we are all in it with you. There sure is a bond in suffering and surviving! 

Prayers as always!! 

Kerri B

Viewing 22 reply threads
                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics