The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Checking In

Forums General Melanoma Community Checking In

Participant

Hi Everyone! I'm sorry I haven't checked in and my wife told me Casagrayson sent her a message checking in on me. I appreciate everyone's concern. I've been hanging in there best I can. Not sure where I left off from last post but I've done 1 round of Keytruda and Abraxene. I've had good days and bad days. Unfortunately now I'm having I guess what would be called referred pain in right side from liver. Scan and next infusion is scheduled for this Thursday. Liver function tests aren't out of whack but I'm not sure if that means anything. There's still talk of starting TIL at end of month but I've got to get there first and meet all inclusion criteria. So I go day to day. I hate the discomfort in my side, scares me. Few weeks ago they said I'm not too far off from liver failure. We'll see, praying for some positive news in the future. Going to browse forum now…check in on Paul etc… Thank you all for you support, concerns and well wishes. Love you all.

Josh

Viewing 56 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

Hey Joshie!!!  So happy to hear from you.  I know it all must be a scary mess, but you are one awesome dude!!  Hang in there.  Will have all fingers and toes crossed for you on Thursday! Love you bunches. Celeste

Bubbles
          Participant

Hey Joshie!!!  So happy to hear from you.  I know it all must be a scary mess, but you are one awesome dude!!  Hang in there.  Will have all fingers and toes crossed for you on Thursday! Love you bunches. Celeste

Bubbles
            Participant

Polymath
              Participant

Hey Josh,

Great to hear from you!  Forge ahead brother.

Gary

Polymath
                Participant

Hey Josh,

Gary

Polymath
                  Participant

Hey Josh,

Gary

BrianP
                    Participant

Thanks for the update Josh.  Keeping you in my prayers especially next Thursday for your scans.  Hang in there.

Brian

BrianP
                      Participant

Thanks for the update Josh.  Keeping you in my prayers especially next Thursday for your scans.  Hang in there.

Brian

BrianP
                        Participant

Brian

jennunicorn
                          Participant

So happy to hear from you and always thinking good thoughts for you Josh!

jennunicorn
                            Participant

jennunicorn
                              Participant

casagrayson
                                Participant

Thank you for checking in, Josh!  And thanks to your lovely wife for telling you (please assure her I'm not really a Facebook stalker blush).   I'm glad you are having some good days, and I hope you  were able to have some wonderful times with your family over the holidays.

casagrayson
                                  Participant

Thank you for checking in, Josh!  And thanks to your lovely wife for telling you (please assure her I'm not really a Facebook stalker blush).   I'm glad you are having some good days, and I hope you  were able to have some wonderful times with your family over the holidays.

casagrayson
                                    Participant

snow white
                                      Participant

Oh Man am I happy to see your post!!!!!!!  Thank you so much for posting, I know you don't feel well.  i am so relieved that you are hanging in there, you made a really crappy week end on a positive note.  Hang in there Josh, we are ALL pulling for you!!!!!!! Keep the faith!

XOXOXOXO Jen

snow white
                                        Participant

Oh Man am I happy to see your post!!!!!!!  Thank you so much for posting, I know you don't feel well.  i am so relieved that you are hanging in there, you made a really crappy week end on a positive note.  Hang in there Josh, we are ALL pulling for you!!!!!!! Keep the faith!

XOXOXOXO Jen

snow white
                                          Participant

XOXOXOXO Jen

snow white
                                            Participant

XOXOXOXO Jen

snow white
                                              Participant

XOXOXOXO Jen

snow white
                                                Participant

XOXOXOXO Jen

Casitas1
                                                  Participant
                                                    Keep on Josh!
                                                    Casitas1
                                                    Participant
                                                      Keep on Josh!
                                                      Casitas1
                                                      Participant
                                                        Keep on Josh!
                                                        Jubes
                                                        Participant

What a relief to know you 'ok'. I really hope the liver problem gets sorted soon and you are more comfortable. Meanwhile day by day is good!

anne-Louise 

Jubes
                                                          Participant

What a relief to know you 'ok'. I really hope the liver problem gets sorted soon and you are more comfortable. Meanwhile day by day is good!

anne-Louise 

Jubes
                                                            Participant

anne-Louise 

maperny
                                                              Participant

Hi Josh,

Very pleased the plan is moving forward and  to hear from you.  Delighted TIL has not been taken off the table, praying and hoping for some positive steps on this combo for a few weeks so that you can kick this with TIL.

You are so strong and inspiring for everyone and best wishes to your wife (I know her shoes very well).

Maria

maperny
                                                                Participant

Hi Josh,

Very pleased the plan is moving forward and  to hear from you.  Delighted TIL has not been taken off the table, praying and hoping for some positive steps on this combo for a few weeks so that you can kick this with TIL.

You are so strong and inspiring for everyone and best wishes to your wife (I know her shoes very well).

Maria

maperny
                                                                  Participant

Hi Josh,

Maria

momof4boys
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      Thanks for the update Josh, as you can see we are all worried about you and hoping for the best! Your attitude is good and am glad you are just fighting one day at a time and not giving up. Something will work for you I just know it!
                                                                      momof4boys
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        Thanks for the update Josh, as you can see we are all worried about you and hoping for the best! Your attitude is good and am glad you are just fighting one day at a time and not giving up. Something will work for you I just know it!
                                                                        momof4boys
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          Hukill
                                                                          Participant

Glad to see you have been able to start other treatments.

Hukill
                                                                            Participant

Hukill
                                                                              Participant

jenny22
                                                                                Participant

Hey josh- So happy to see your post….always on the lookout to hear how you are doing.  I am happy to hear some treatment has started and that TIL may still be an option.

For now I will keep my fingers crossed for decent scans on Thursday.

Think of you often….and hoping for some better news.

best,

jenny

jenny22
                                                                                  Participant

Hey josh- So happy to see your post….always on the lookout to hear how you are doing.  I am happy to hear some treatment has started and that TIL may still be an option.

best,

jenny

jenny22
                                                                                    Participant

best,

jenny

RayPMcConnell
                                                                                      Participant

Thank you so much for the update, Josh.

I prayed a 15 decade Rosary for you at Mass on Saturday.

Ray

RayPMcConnell
                                                                                        Participant

Ray

RayPMcConnell
                                                                                          Participant

Ray

Mat
                                                                                            Participant

Josh, your in my thoughts.  Good luck with the scans.

Mat
                                                                                              Participant

Mat
                                                                                                Participant

Mark_DC
                                                                                                  Participant

Hi Josh – hope this weeks scan is good, and that you can get the next infusion (hope readings good) good luck on thursday hope will not be too wearing (for me it usually is!). Am glad you are ok but also great that you had some down time and time for family this holiday, good luck, prayers too, mark

Mark_DC
                                                                                                    Participant

Hi Josh – hope this weeks scan is good, and that you can get the next infusion (hope readings good) good luck on thursday hope will not be too wearing (for me it usually is!). Am glad you are ok but also great that you had some down time and time for family this holiday, good luck, prayers too, mark

Mark_DC
                                                                                                      Participant

Patrisa
                                                                                                        Participant

Dear Josh,

we are all in your corner, prayinh, hoping and believing in a great response…

Take care, believe and don't let the fear get the best of you! 

Love,

Patrisa

Patrisa
                                                                                                          Participant

Dear Josh,

Love,

Patrisa

Patrisa
                                                                                                            Participant

Dear Josh,

Love,

Patrisa

debwray
                                                                                                              Participant

Hi Josh,

Am routing for both you and Paul. You are both an inspiration with such a good attitude to this horrible disease. Crossing fingers and toes that both you and Paul get brilliant results from TIL and whatever else is on the table. Not sure what else to say except that there is a lot of love for both you guys  and we are hoping and praying things will improve real soon.

love Deb

debwray
                                                                                                                Participant

Hi Josh,

Am routing for both you and Paul. You are both an inspiration with such a good attitude to this horrible disease. Crossing fingers and toes that both you and Paul get brilliant results from TIL and whatever else is on the table. Not sure what else to say except that there is a lot of love for both you guys  and we are hoping and praying things will improve real soon.

love Deb

debwray
                                                                                                                  Participant

Hi Josh,

love Deb

Scooby123
                                                                                                                    Participant

Hi Josh,

so pleased to hear from you my friend. Keep chin up Hun and I  pray that treatment is working for you. I had a lot of pain in my right side on treatment and after long stopped it but kept tumours stable. I always got scared when in pain but must have been treatment still getting at the tumours in liver. 

Scooby xx

Scooby123
                                                                                                                      Participant

Hi Josh,

so pleased to hear from you my friend. Keep chin up Hun and I  pray that treatment is working for you. I had a lot of pain in my right side on treatment and after long stopped it but kept tumours stable. I always got scared when in pain but must have been treatment still getting at the tumours in liver. 

Scooby xx

Scooby123
                                                                                                                        Participant

Hi Josh,

Scooby xx

Viewing 56 reply threads
                                                                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics