The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Will’s scan results

Forums General Melanoma Community Will’s scan results

Participant

Good news.  The cancer, while still significant, is smaller.  There are still too many lesions in the liver to count but the report gave examples of size reduction in many of them, and sclerotic (healing) evidence in his bones.  So the chemo is working.  They gave him another round yesterday, as well as Zometa to strenghten the bones.  Today I have to take him for transfusions (his hemoglobin was low).  I'm exhausted but very pleased.  Given the extent of the liver mets I really wasn't sure that anything would work.  He's continuing on the

Good news.  The cancer, while still significant, is smaller.  There are still too many lesions in the liver to count but the report gave examples of size reduction in many of them, and sclerotic (healing) evidence in his bones.  So the chemo is working.  They gave him another round yesterday, as well as Zometa to strenghten the bones.  Today I have to take him for transfusions (his hemoglobin was low).  I'm exhausted but very pleased.  Given the extent of the liver mets I really wasn't sure that anything would work.  He's continuing on the same chemo for the time being; hopefully it will continue to reduce the lesions and we'll be able to have some other options.

Thank you all for your encouragement and support.  It has been an exhausting few days. 

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        jag
        Participant
          Lori, nice to see Will’s tumor burden has decreased will keep him in my prayers.
          jag
          Participant
            Lori, nice to see Will’s tumor burden has decreased will keep him in my prayers.
            molly
            Participant

I am so happy to hear the encouraging news! Will is so lucky to have you at his side.

molly

molly
              Participant

I am so happy to hear the encouraging news! Will is so lucky to have you at his side.

molly

jag
                Participant
                  jag
                  Participant
                    Sharyn
                    Participant

Lori, there's nothing like a hefty dose of good news to lift everyone's spirits. Here's hoping the shrinkage continues. Keep us in the loop. All my best to Will. Hang in there girl!

Hugs

Sharyn

Stage IV

KellieSue
                        Participant

So glad to hear about Will's latest good news! You are a wonderful friend and I'm sure Will appreciates all you do for him!

Hope the shrinkage contines on!

Kellie, Stage IV

KellieSue
                          Participant

So glad to hear about Will's latest good news! You are a wonderful friend and I'm sure Will appreciates all you do for him!

Hope the shrinkage contines on!

Kellie, Stage IV

Sharyn
                          Participant

Lori, there's nothing like a hefty dose of good news to lift everyone's spirits. Here's hoping the shrinkage continues. Keep us in the loop. All my best to Will. Hang in there girl!

Hugs

Sharyn

Stage IV

JenM
                            Participant

So happy for you and Will.  Keep up the good work Will!

JenM
                              Participant

So happy for you and Will.  Keep up the good work Will!

bill58
                                Participant

Greate news.  I can only imagine how tiring the last few days has been.

keeping you and Will in my thoughts and prayers.

Looks like the doctor change has worked out well for him.

Just finished my 6 weeks of Radiation yesterday.  yea.  Let the healing begin and the pain start to go away.

Bill

bill58
                                  Participant

Greate news.  I can only imagine how tiring the last few days has been.

keeping you and Will in my thoughts and prayers.

Looks like the doctor change has worked out well for him.

Just finished my 6 weeks of Radiation yesterday.  yea.  Let the healing begin and the pain start to go away.

Bill

Janet2
                                    Participant

Lori,

I am pleased to hear that the chemotherapy is helping Will.

Janet 

Janet2
                                      Participant

Lori,

Janet 

Janet2
                                        Participant

Lori,

Janet 

Janet2
                                          Participant

Lori,

Janet 

ValinMtl
                                            Participant

Good news Lori…finally…you might be seeing a small light at the end of such a long tunnel..Got my scans yesterday and today…now the waiting.  Val

ValinMtl
                                              Participant

Good news Lori…finally…you might be seeing a small light at the end of such a long tunnel..Got my scans yesterday and today…now the waiting.  Val

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics