The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

What else can I say.

Forums General Melanoma Community What else can I say.

Participant

I've been through a lot recently and ended up in ER this afternoon. Just feeling lousy and got nauseous. Long story short, CT scan showed 8mm hypodense lesion in left frontal lobe. I had no idea, not a symptom. Waiting to do MRI now and hopefully act fast with treatment course next week. I'm devastated guys… but based off earlier posts I'll take it day by day. I need to enjoy my wife and kids. Everything happens for a reason. 

My onc emailed me and said gamma or cyber knife. Kyle, Matt…thoughts? I'm bummed because I'm fairly certain this delays trial at MDA. This hurts…but fight on, we can beat this! I know many of you have…share or give advice please.

Josh

Viewing 65 reply threads
    • Replies
        Casitas1
        Participant

Aaaahh Sh!t! Hopefully its just pissy from the Ippi….

Casitas1
          Participant

Casitas1
            Participant

Lee Parlier
              Participant

Buddy, I feel like you're my brother from another mother. You been to Heck and back in a gas suit. The old adage of keep fighting gets old for me to hear and I am sure you feel the same way after awhile. All I do know is that I feel your frustration, anger, and basically just throwing your hands in the air thinking what next. 

But everything you are going through is beatable by a high character guy like you. I can tell you are a strong man. Give it a few days and get ready to do battle. You will win. You're a high character man. Prayers for you Josh. We don't have to just beat this disease, we have to beat the days when we think, I cannot take anymore!

Lee Parlier
                Participant

Buddy, I feel like you're my brother from another mother. You been to Heck and back in a gas suit. The old adage of keep fighting gets old for me to hear and I am sure you feel the same way after awhile. All I do know is that I feel your frustration, anger, and basically just throwing your hands in the air thinking what next. 

But everything you are going through is beatable by a high character guy like you. I can tell you are a strong man. Give it a few days and get ready to do battle. You will win. You're a high character man. Prayers for you Josh. We don't have to just beat this disease, we have to beat the days when we think, I cannot take anymore!

Lee Parlier
                  Participant

Mli0709
                    Participant

Hi Josh!

Hang in there! I'm praying for you. My mom just left the hospital again too! Be strong! YOU got this!

Mli0709
                      Participant

Hi Josh!

Hang in there! I'm praying for you. My mom just left the hospital again too! Be strong! YOU got this!

Mli0709
                        Participant

Hi Josh!

Cathy M
                          Participant
                            Josh I’m so sorry to hear this and totally understand your devastation. Allow yourself time to recollect thoughts. Do enjoy your family. And then …you can do this!! Good luck and hang in there battle buddy !!
                            Cathy M
                            Participant
                              Josh I’m so sorry to hear this and totally understand your devastation. Allow yourself time to recollect thoughts. Do enjoy your family. And then …you can do this!! Good luck and hang in there battle buddy !!
                              Cathy M
                              Participant
                                Bubbles
                                Participant

Damn, Joshie! That is really not fair!! I am so sorry. Shoot. Well….zap it! I don't care how! I had SRS. I'm not sure there is much difference between the methods. You can see what others have to say. I would do the option most expedient. And then…we'll just plow onward. More than you wanted , I know.  But, I've got peeps who have been zapped and re-zapped are still going strong. I know you can, too!!! Sorry, sweetie. Big hugs from Chatt town. Love you, c

Bubbles
                                  Participant

Damn, Joshie! That is really not fair!! I am so sorry. Shoot. Well….zap it! I don't care how! I had SRS. I'm not sure there is much difference between the methods. You can see what others have to say. I would do the option most expedient. And then…we'll just plow onward. More than you wanted , I know.  But, I've got peeps who have been zapped and re-zapped are still going strong. I know you can, too!!! Sorry, sweetie. Big hugs from Chatt town. Love you, c

Bubbles
                                    Participant

Patrisa
                                      Participant

Dear Josh,

hang in there, you are dealt with lousy set of cards right now, but one thing at a time! You can beat everything, as many others have… Life serves all sorts of crap to a person, we can't dwell too long on the 'whys', but we can choose to not let it bring us down to our knees… Fighting this disease in this time, when there are many options available to us, is so easier than it was not even that long ago…More and more people get out of the terrible situations (even worse as yours) as winners, so i'm sure you will too!!!!

I think that your signature 'lets work for a cure' is not just a phrase, but will be something you will be talking about in the future (like celeste) and will be helping others that will join our path in the future…. 

Love,

Patrisa

Patrisa
                                        Participant

Dear Josh,

hang in there, you are dealt with lousy set of cards right now, but one thing at a time! You can beat everything, as many others have… Life serves all sorts of crap to a person, we can't dwell too long on the 'whys', but we can choose to not let it bring us down to our knees… Fighting this disease in this time, when there are many options available to us, is so easier than it was not even that long ago…More and more people get out of the terrible situations (even worse as yours) as winners, so i'm sure you will too!!!!

I think that your signature 'lets work for a cure' is not just a phrase, but will be something you will be talking about in the future (like celeste) and will be helping others that will join our path in the future…. 

Love,

Patrisa

Patrisa
                                          Participant

Dear Josh,

Love,

Patrisa

Andrew1725
                                            Participant

Josh,

Re: radiation, my understanding (per my radiation oncologist) is that gamma knife, cyber knife, SRS, are just slightly different modalities to give essentially the same treatment. Really just depends on what a given treatment center offers.   

I'm confident you should be able to knock this one out in short order and get on with your trial. The next treatment is always the one that could cause your cancer to melt away. 

I know personally the sinking feeling that comes along with being told that its gone to your brain and how it can change your perspective. Others can speak better to the specifics of your treatment situation (I had my brain tumor removed via craniotomy and had adjuvant SRS afterwards), but it shouldn't be much of a problem for a fighter like you. Doesn't take long, minimal to no side effects, and a very good record of wiping out the targeted brain mets.

Andrew1725
                                              Participant

Josh,

Re: radiation, my understanding (per my radiation oncologist) is that gamma knife, cyber knife, SRS, are just slightly different modalities to give essentially the same treatment. Really just depends on what a given treatment center offers.   

I'm confident you should be able to knock this one out in short order and get on with your trial. The next treatment is always the one that could cause your cancer to melt away. 

I know personally the sinking feeling that comes along with being told that its gone to your brain and how it can change your perspective. Others can speak better to the specifics of your treatment situation (I had my brain tumor removed via craniotomy and had adjuvant SRS afterwards), but it shouldn't be much of a problem for a fighter like you. Doesn't take long, minimal to no side effects, and a very good record of wiping out the targeted brain mets.

Andrew1725
                                                Participant

Josh,

jamieth29
                                                  Participant
                                                    Josh,
                                                    8mm is pretty small and a good size for them to target. Srs has a high percentage of working. I had three spots from 4-6mm done at University of Chicago in April. Easy procedure especially after all the surgeries like you and I have had. I know how scary it is,i threw my papers across the room in my doctors office when I found out about mine. Ask for 2 month follow up mri. I did have one spot hemorrhage and we are still unsure if it was the radiation or what that made it bleed. I had like in and out hearing when that spot bleed but it took like almost 2 months after srs for the symptom to show. It has since stopped and seems to be cooperating. I had procedure done in morning and went to lunch soon as I walked out of hospital. You got this brother!!!
                                                    jamieth29
                                                    Participant
                                                      Josh,
                                                      8mm is pretty small and a good size for them to target. Srs has a high percentage of working. I had three spots from 4-6mm done at University of Chicago in April. Easy procedure especially after all the surgeries like you and I have had. I know how scary it is,i threw my papers across the room in my doctors office when I found out about mine. Ask for 2 month follow up mri. I did have one spot hemorrhage and we are still unsure if it was the radiation or what that made it bleed. I had like in and out hearing when that spot bleed but it took like almost 2 months after srs for the symptom to show. It has since stopped and seems to be cooperating. I had procedure done in morning and went to lunch soon as I walked out of hospital. You got this brother!!!
                                                        jamieth29
                                                        Participant
                                                          Josh was still thinking about this and just wanted to add of this puts you out of trial or delays for a while the ipi/nivo combo might be a thought quickly following the srs. Although the bystander effect of radiation and immunotherapy is low we all know own it is definitely real.
                                                          jamieth29
                                                          Participant
                                                            Josh was still thinking about this and just wanted to add of this puts you out of trial or delays for a while the ipi/nivo combo might be a thought quickly following the srs. Although the bystander effect of radiation and immunotherapy is low we all know own it is definitely real.
                                                            jamieth29
                                                            Participant
                                                            jamieth29
                                                            Participant
                                                              Josh,
                                                              ed williams
                                                              Participant

Hi Josh, I had 3 small ones (4-5mm) treated Oct. 2013 by cyberknife in Ottawa at the General hospital. I had a mask fitted acouple of days before and needed a special Mri series done since the procedure is all run by computers, so they need really detailed images to plan things. The procedure was kind of like being in a James Bond movie with the cyberknife moving around me to attack the tumors from different angles, treatment lasted about 50 min. I was a little tired afterwards if I remember correctly (cyberknife Joke!!!) . I try to use the treatment as a way of getting out of trouble with my wife any time I forget to do something. So far 3 years out with no cognitive decline and I go for scans every 3 months to keep on top of things. Best Wishes!!!Ed

ed williams
                                                                Participant

Hi Josh, I had 3 small ones (4-5mm) treated Oct. 2013 by cyberknife in Ottawa at the General hospital. I had a mask fitted acouple of days before and needed a special Mri series done since the procedure is all run by computers, so they need really detailed images to plan things. The procedure was kind of like being in a James Bond movie with the cyberknife moving around me to attack the tumors from different angles, treatment lasted about 50 min. I was a little tired afterwards if I remember correctly (cyberknife Joke!!!) . I try to use the treatment as a way of getting out of trouble with my wife any time I forget to do something. So far 3 years out with no cognitive decline and I go for scans every 3 months to keep on top of things. Best Wishes!!!Ed

ed williams
                                                                  Participant

SABKLYN
                                                                    Participant

Sorry to hear it Josh. Truly sucks.  But as you've done in the past,M you'll take care of the most qcute situation, then move forward with the process of getting well. From The direct testimonial I'm reading on this post, it looks like radiation on tumors of your size is effective.  All the best and continued best wishes

stan

SABKLYN
                                                                      Participant

Sorry to hear it Josh. Truly sucks.  But as you've done in the past,M you'll take care of the most qcute situation, then move forward with the process of getting well. From The direct testimonial I'm reading on this post, it looks like radiation on tumors of your size is effective.  All the best and continued best wishes

stan

SABKLYN
                                                                        Participant

stan

Patina
                                                                          Participant
                                                                            Hi Josh,

I am so sorry to hear about this, I know its scary, frustrating and all around a bitter pill to take. I really feal for you.

My Mom had 3 brain tumors that were misdiagnosed. Long story short, she ended up not going into a trial with Keytruda, but got gamma knife and ipi. – 9 tumors by the time she had SRS and 17 more 4 months later, a reoccurrence at 16 months out then another 1 month later… The last was 12 months ago and she has now been on Keytruda for 12 months. She is 80, doing everything she wants, is the picture of health and acts like a 60 year old.

My advice to you is to find the best radiation oncologist and get started with ipi within the week after SRS. My Mom did this and her results were amazing. She had the radiation induced abscopal effect. Because of this her treatment waa far more effective. It saved her life and I am convinced that even though we started with terrible knews that her journey was easier because she had the SRS. – Her subcutaneous spots started changing and disappearing in days and helped her to know thst this was working.

As far as I know ipi may be the only treatment doctors let you take this close together and it has a lot of data on it.

Keytruda has really helped my Mom too. They can only see 1 tumor and the spot where she had the crainotomy. The rest are gone, as is just about everything else she had.

Good Luck!

Patina
                                                                            Participant
                                                                              Hi Josh,

I am so sorry to hear about this, I know its scary, frustrating and all around a bitter pill to take. I really feal for you.

My Mom had 3 brain tumors that were misdiagnosed. Long story short, she ended up not going into a trial with Keytruda, but got gamma knife and ipi. – 9 tumors by the time she had SRS and 17 more 4 months later, a reoccurrence at 16 months out then another 1 month later… The last was 12 months ago and she has now been on Keytruda for 12 months. She is 80, doing everything she wants, is the picture of health and acts like a 60 year old.

My advice to you is to find the best radiation oncologist and get started with ipi within the week after SRS. My Mom did this and her results were amazing. She had the radiation induced abscopal effect. Because of this her treatment waa far more effective. It saved her life and I am convinced that even though we started with terrible knews that her journey was easier because she had the SRS. – Her subcutaneous spots started changing and disappearing in days and helped her to know thst this was working.

As far as I know ipi may be the only treatment doctors let you take this close together and it has a lot of data on it.

Keytruda has really helped my Mom too. They can only see 1 tumor and the spot where she had the crainotomy. The rest are gone, as is just about everything else she had.

Good Luck!

Patina
                                                                              Participant
                                                                                Hi Josh,

Good Luck!

jennunicorn
                                                                                Participant

Dang, Josh, you're really being put through the ringer! Good thing you're a super strong guy and there's no doubt that you'll get through this just like everything else you've been through. Keep on pushing, even if you gotta take time to tell cancer to go f*** itself once in a while… because we all have those moments! You got this! I will keep you in my thoughts with only positive outcomes!

jennunicorn
                                                                                  Participant

Dang, Josh, you're really being put through the ringer! Good thing you're a super strong guy and there's no doubt that you'll get through this just like everything else you've been through. Keep on pushing, even if you gotta take time to tell cancer to go f*** itself once in a while… because we all have those moments! You got this! I will keep you in my thoughts with only positive outcomes!

jennunicorn
                                                                                    Participant

Maria C
                                                                                      Participant

Hi Josh – 

So sorry to hear there is yet another complication in your case, but your attitude is super-positive and all guns are out now to target this beast. I do believe in the abscopal effect so maybe if you can get your onc to give you immunotherapy within the week of SRS it'll all come together for you?!!

As I mentioned in previous posts, my mel spread straight to the brain first and nowhere else since June 2015 when I was first diagnosed. 5 brain mets were initially treated with gamma knife, and that procedure was fairly simple although I felt like My Favorite Martian with that helmet contraption on my head. Unfortunately in my case, only 1 of 5 tumors responded well, which is highly unusual, and I've been in battle as of late with the other 4. I ended up switching medical teams because of the treatment plans, feeling more comfortable with my second opinion plan than my first, and am now getting ready for cyberknife SRS following back-to-back craniotomies!

But I am absolutely convinced mine is a worse case scenario. I've heard again and again that there's an 80-90% chance the first SRS treatment – whether gamma knife or cyberknife – works really well on any brain tumor less than 2 cm. Good news for you is they caught this at only 8 mm, very small and easily zappable!! As far as the 2 SRS choices, gamma knife is a bit painful when they screw the helmet in but otherwise painless; cyberknife is a bit more difficult if you are claustrophobic because it involves a tight mask that is fitted specifically to your head. From my research, outcomes are neck & neck so it's whatever your preference and/or your medical team's capabilities.

On the upside, while I've been emotionally distraught this summer dealing with these radical craniotomies, and am heading into a 5-day SRS treatment plan to clean up any remaining cancer cells following my last surgery, last night I asked for a sign that everything would be okay and I got it! (It involved a lightening storm & I was specific with my request.) I am learning that envisioning a positive outcome is healing in its own right and helps each day be bright no matter what our latest challenge is.

Praying for you & wishing you the best of treatment, hope & head held high!

Maria C
                                                                                        Participant

Hi Josh – 

So sorry to hear there is yet another complication in your case, but your attitude is super-positive and all guns are out now to target this beast. I do believe in the abscopal effect so maybe if you can get your onc to give you immunotherapy within the week of SRS it'll all come together for you?!!

As I mentioned in previous posts, my mel spread straight to the brain first and nowhere else since June 2015 when I was first diagnosed. 5 brain mets were initially treated with gamma knife, and that procedure was fairly simple although I felt like My Favorite Martian with that helmet contraption on my head. Unfortunately in my case, only 1 of 5 tumors responded well, which is highly unusual, and I've been in battle as of late with the other 4. I ended up switching medical teams because of the treatment plans, feeling more comfortable with my second opinion plan than my first, and am now getting ready for cyberknife SRS following back-to-back craniotomies!

But I am absolutely convinced mine is a worse case scenario. I've heard again and again that there's an 80-90% chance the first SRS treatment – whether gamma knife or cyberknife – works really well on any brain tumor less than 2 cm. Good news for you is they caught this at only 8 mm, very small and easily zappable!! As far as the 2 SRS choices, gamma knife is a bit painful when they screw the helmet in but otherwise painless; cyberknife is a bit more difficult if you are claustrophobic because it involves a tight mask that is fitted specifically to your head. From my research, outcomes are neck & neck so it's whatever your preference and/or your medical team's capabilities.

On the upside, while I've been emotionally distraught this summer dealing with these radical craniotomies, and am heading into a 5-day SRS treatment plan to clean up any remaining cancer cells following my last surgery, last night I asked for a sign that everything would be okay and I got it! (It involved a lightening storm & I was specific with my request.) I am learning that envisioning a positive outcome is healing in its own right and helps each day be bright no matter what our latest challenge is.

Maria C
                                                                                          Participant

Hi Josh – 

Polymath
                                                                                            Participant

Hi Josh,

It's really hard to come up with answers. We feel your pain and frustration at yet another setback.  As noted, the radiation treatments appear very effective, with virtually no-side effects.  Should this disqualify you from ACT, perhaps its time to pull the other card from your sleeve and add Nivo to the next couple of IPI doses, and then perhaps you will benefit (like I did) from the triple-play of ipi/nivo/radiation and kick this bad-boy to the curb.  We are with you.

Gary

Polymath
                                                                                              Participant

Hi Josh,

It's really hard to come up with answers. We feel your pain and frustration at yet another setback.  As noted, the radiation treatments appear very effective, with virtually no-side effects.  Should this disqualify you from ACT, perhaps its time to pull the other card from your sleeve and add Nivo to the next couple of IPI doses, and then perhaps you will benefit (like I did) from the triple-play of ipi/nivo/radiation and kick this bad-boy to the curb.  We are with you.

Gary

Polymath
                                                                                                Participant

Hi Josh,

Gary

Scooby123
                                                                                                  Participant

Josh am so sorry Hun, I had gamma knife as you know in March results shrunk and onc said looks like scar tissue what's left. You be strong and you get through it . Will be thinking of you next week  Hun .

scooby123❤️

Scooby123
                                                                                                    Participant

Josh am so sorry Hun, I had gamma knife as you know in March results shrunk and onc said looks like scar tissue what's left. You be strong and you get through it . Will be thinking of you next week  Hun .

scooby123❤️

Scooby123
                                                                                                      Participant

scooby123❤️

Jubes
                                                                                                        Participant

A friend of mine had a tennis ball size tumour taken from her frontal lobe two weeks ago. We just had lunch this afternoon and she is her normal self. This was a brain tumour not melanoma. I totally agree with the other posts that you seem so strong and capable. This kind of news knocks us around but all we can do is our best to treat and recover from the treatment and hope they continue to find new ways get to the source of the problem. We are all with you in spirit josh. I wish I lived close enough to take you for lunch after your surgery as well!!

Anne-Louise 

Jubes
                                                                                                          Participant

A friend of mine had a tennis ball size tumour taken from her frontal lobe two weeks ago. We just had lunch this afternoon and she is her normal self. This was a brain tumour not melanoma. I totally agree with the other posts that you seem so strong and capable. This kind of news knocks us around but all we can do is our best to treat and recover from the treatment and hope they continue to find new ways get to the source of the problem. We are all with you in spirit josh. I wish I lived close enough to take you for lunch after your surgery as well!!

Anne-Louise 

Jubes
                                                                                                            Participant

Anne-Louise 

kylez
                                                                                                              Participant

Hi Josh, 

The last 5 years have left me no choice but to become a believer in SRS. Between the Gamma Knife treatment and Ipi follow-up in 2011, I have not had a recurrence in the brain since. Like Patina says, I would look for the best radiarion oncologist/department I could find. I prefer Gamma Knife to Cyber Knife (had both) because the frame keeps my head 99.9 % immobile and I don't worry about moving my head and feel like I'm risk ng having the radiation be slightly off. That part may just be psychological but I would opt for GK again, for that psychological comfort. 

Good luck this week. I would try to balance between searching for the best radiation oncolgy dept vs getting to treatmenr as quickly as possible. The radiation oncologist would be the one who makes the mapping that controls where the radiation goes, I believe.

Hoping for the best. – Kyle

kylez
                                                                                                                Participant

Hi Josh, 

The last 5 years have left me no choice but to become a believer in SRS. Between the Gamma Knife treatment and Ipi follow-up in 2011, I have not had a recurrence in the brain since. Like Patina says, I would look for the best radiarion oncologist/department I could find. I prefer Gamma Knife to Cyber Knife (had both) because the frame keeps my head 99.9 % immobile and I don't worry about moving my head and feel like I'm risk ng having the radiation be slightly off. That part may just be psychological but I would opt for GK again, for that psychological comfort. 

Good luck this week. I would try to balance between searching for the best radiation oncolgy dept vs getting to treatmenr as quickly as possible. The radiation oncologist would be the one who makes the mapping that controls where the radiation goes, I believe.

JoshF
                                                                                                                    Participant

Thanks Kyle…value the input. I just did 3rd dose of ipi last week and radiation to pelvic area. The Radiation Onc group I see is great and have all the newest technology. My medical once said they'd want to go cyber or gamma….I let them know I prefer gamma and would be willing to travel to one of their other facilities. I hope the ipi would have some effect if I'm able to get treated this week with radiation.

Josh

JoshF
                                                                                                                      Participant

Thanks Kyle…value the input. I just did 3rd dose of ipi last week and radiation to pelvic area. The Radiation Onc group I see is great and have all the newest technology. My medical once said they'd want to go cyber or gamma….I let them know I prefer gamma and would be willing to travel to one of their other facilities. I hope the ipi would have some effect if I'm able to get treated this week with radiation.

Josh

Mat
                                                                                                                        Participant

Josh, sorry to hear, but very manageable.  Kyle's advice sums it up.

Mat
                                                                                                                          Participant

Mat
                                                                                                                            Participant

JoshF
                                                                                                                              Participant

Josh

JoshF
                                                                                                                                Participant

Looks like gamma…doing consult with neurosurgeon tomorrow and treatment Friday. They feel confident we can knock this out and I won't be delayed very long from trial…2 weeks. My onc said insignificant time considering speed bump. Let's pray all stays status quo and we can get on with this trial. Appreciate everything!!!

JoshF
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Looks like gamma…doing consult with neurosurgeon tomorrow and treatment Friday. They feel confident we can knock this out and I won't be delayed very long from trial…2 weeks. My onc said insignificant time considering speed bump. Let's pray all stays status quo and we can get on with this trial. Appreciate everything!!!

JoshF
                                                                                                                                    Participant

ed williams
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Hey Josh, if I were in your shoes, I would go out and buy an Incredible Hulk tee shirt and wear it to the treatment. Go Gamma!!!! Best Wishes!!!!Ed

ed williams
                                                                                                                                        Participant

Hey Josh, if I were in your shoes, I would go out and buy an Incredible Hulk tee shirt and wear it to the treatment. Go Gamma!!!! Best Wishes!!!!Ed

JoshF
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Love it Ed!!!

Bubbles
                                                                                                                                            Participant

I like this plan! Bentie has two. http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-melanoma-avengers.html

I can send you one! I prefer Thor…myself! Just say'n! Love you both! C

Bubbles
                                                                                                                                              Participant

I like this plan! Bentie has two. http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-melanoma-avengers.html

Bubbles
                                                                                                                                                Participant

JoshF
                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Love it Ed!!!

JoshF
                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Love it Ed!!!

dentholla
                                                                                                                                                      Participant

I like this idea Ed – my hubby wore his batman shirt/cape for all his treatments Josh and it can be a bit empowering.   🙂

Josh – just catching up here but glad you have a plan.  From what I've read Gamma can be a successful procedure and you can keep on keepin' on.

~Kristi

dentholla
                                                                                                                                                        Participant

I like this idea Ed – my hubby wore his batman shirt/cape for all his treatments Josh and it can be a bit empowering.   🙂

Josh – just catching up here but glad you have a plan.  From what I've read Gamma can be a successful procedure and you can keep on keepin' on.

~Kristi

dentholla
                                                                                                                                                          Participant

~Kristi

ed williams
                                                                                                                                                            Participant

kylez
                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Hi Josh, 

UriahPH
                                                                                                                                                              Participant

I've followed your story and you are an inspiration to many. Your positive attitude is just something else. Keep fighting buddy and I wish you all the best.

UriahPH
                                                                                                                                                                Participant

I've followed your story and you are an inspiration to many. Your positive attitude is just something else. Keep fighting buddy and I wish you all the best.

UriahPH
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

keepthefaith11
                                                                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                                                                      Josh, I am so sorry about this development and wanted to let you know I am following your journey and keeping you in my prayers. I feel confident you will get over this hump and get back to focusing on your family. Like others have said, you are a strong and determined person and that goes a long way. Along with the great therapies, Gamma will zap this critter and let you move on with life. We are all here for you!

Annie

keepthefaith11
                                                                                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                                                                                        Josh, I am so sorry about this development and wanted to let you know I am following your journey and keeping you in my prayers. I feel confident you will get over this hump and get back to focusing on your family. Like others have said, you are a strong and determined person and that goes a long way. Along with the great therapies, Gamma will zap this critter and let you move on with life. We are all here for you!

Annie

keepthefaith11
                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Annie

JoshF
                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Thank you all for your support, prayers and love. This came as a shock…no symptoms…but guess we're not suprised. I have to get busy this morning calling MDA to see how this changes timeline of trial and what radiation schedule will look like. I'm thinking I many need to look at ipi-nivo combo. I know ipi takes time to kick in but I'm scared that this may be progressing quickly. Thank you everyone…be well.

Josh

JoshF
                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Thank you all for your support, prayers and love. This came as a shock…no symptoms…but guess we're not suprised. I have to get busy this morning calling MDA to see how this changes timeline of trial and what radiation schedule will look like. I'm thinking I many need to look at ipi-nivo combo. I know ipi takes time to kick in but I'm scared that this may be progressing quickly. Thank you everyone…be well.

Josh

jbronicki
                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Awww man, keeping fingers crossed so you knock this out quickly and start your trial soon.  Many prayers and hugs.

jackie

jbronicki
                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Awww man, keeping fingers crossed so you knock this out quickly and start your trial soon.  Many prayers and hugs.

jackie

jbronicki
                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

jackie

JoshF
                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Josh

AshleyS
                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Hey Josh,

I am on a plane and have to shut my phone off soon so I don't have time read everyone else's comments/advice. I just wanted to throw out that my doc at MDA, Glitza, told me in June she's starting a new trial this fall. They will shoot the ipi + nivo combo into the spinal column with hopes of having better luck getting those brain mets. Maybe a future option if the trial you had lined up doesn't work (although, it would be an early phase).

I hate melanoma, but keep on keeping on. 

Ashley

Maria C
                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Hi Ashley – after you land, whenever you have time, would you mind posting a link to the trial you're referencing? Am interested…thank you!!

Maria C
                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Hi Ashley – after you land, whenever you have time, would you mind posting a link to the trial you're referencing? Am interested…thank you!!

Maria C
                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

AshleyS
                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Hey Josh,

I am on a plane and have to shut my phone off soon so I don't have time read everyone else's comments/advice. I just wanted to throw out that my doc at MDA, Glitza, told me in June she's starting a new trial this fall. They will shoot the ipi + nivo combo into the spinal column with hopes of having better luck getting those brain mets. Maybe a future option if the trial you had lined up doesn't work (although, it would be an early phase).

Ashley

AshleyS
                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Hey Josh,

Ashley

jade1111
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Just a note to say you are an amazing warrior with this!! Thanks for update. Sending you prayers and wishes and whatever else is needed for the ultimate healing potion!!!

jade1111
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Just a note to say you are an amazing warrior with this!! Thanks for update. Sending you prayers and wishes and whatever else is needed for the ultimate healing potion!!!

jade1111
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Viewing 65 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                                                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics