The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update on Gene from yesterdays scans: Ipi Trial with GM_CSF 24 weeks

Forums General Melanoma Community Update on Gene from yesterdays scans: Ipi Trial with GM_CSF 24 weeks

Participant

Update on Gene:  The inoperable tumor on the head pushing on the spine is gone and has new cell growth on the spine, the big one in the liver is 75% shrunk,  the one in the lung is gone and all the others in the liver have greatly shrunk or totally are gone. 

Hopefully by week36 he can be NED.

Now that is some great news. 

Thank you all for your prayers we both really appreciate them.

Judy wife of Gene_S stage IV since Oct. 2010.

Update on Gene:  The inoperable tumor on the head pushing on the spine is gone and has new cell growth on the spine, the big one in the liver is 75% shrunk,  the one in the lung is gone and all the others in the liver have greatly shrunk or totally are gone. 

Hopefully by week36 he can be NED.

Now that is some great news. 

Thank you all for your prayers we both really appreciate them.

Judy wife of Gene_S stage IV since Oct. 2010.

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        Lisa13
        Participant

Judy,

That is beyond great news!  Hope continues and I"m so happy for you both! Having started ipi myself, I can only wish that I have the success Gene is getting.

I wish you both continued success and NED on Week 36.

Lisa – Stage 4

Vermont_Donna
            Participant

FANTASTIC news!!!! Hope it all continues to go well!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED

Vermont_Donna
              Participant

FANTASTIC news!!!! Hope it all continues to go well!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED

Lisa13
              Participant

Judy,

That is beyond great news!  Hope continues and I"m so happy for you both! Having started ipi myself, I can only wish that I have the success Gene is getting.

I wish you both continued success and NED on Week 36.

Lisa – Stage 4

FormerCaregiver
                Participant

Judy, that is truly wonderful news! You and Gene are in my thoughts and prayers.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                  Participant

Judy, that is truly wonderful news! You and Gene are in my thoughts and prayers.

Frank from Australia

Fen
                    Participant

What wonderful news.  Prayers for NED.

Fen

Fen
                      Participant

What wonderful news.  Prayers for NED.

Fen

akls
                        Participant

Wow!  I love all this good news!!  This is great.  Thanks for sharing.

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                          Participant

Wow!  I love all this good news!!  This is great.  Thanks for sharing.

Amy S. in Michigan

triciad
                            Participant

This is a fantasic day on the board.  I am so happy to be reading about such good news from everyone.  Congratulations and best of luck to Gene's NED status.  I'll be looking forward to reading even better news at week 36.  Keep the momentum going!

Tricia

triciad
                              Participant

This is a fantasic day on the board.  I am so happy to be reading about such good news from everyone.  Congratulations and best of luck to Gene's NED status.  I'll be looking forward to reading even better news at week 36.  Keep the momentum going!

Tricia

bs010kbb
                                Participant

Judy, this is such wonderful news of Gene's response. May you and Gene continue with such wonderful blessings. Looking forward to week 36 and hearing that Gene is NED. Continued thoughts and prayers –

bs010kbb
                                  Participant

Judy, this is such wonderful news of Gene's response. May you and Gene continue with such wonderful blessings. Looking forward to week 36 and hearing that Gene is NED. Continued thoughts and prayers –

James from Sydney
                                    Participant

What great news we all needed to hear some good Ippi stories. We should change his name to The Genie!

best wishes

James

James from Sydney
                                      Participant

What great news we all needed to hear some good Ippi stories. We should change his name to The Genie!

best wishes

James

shellebrownies
                                        Participant

This is great news! Congrats!

Michelle, wife of Don

shellebrownies
                                          Participant

This is great news! Congrats!

Michelle, wife of Don

killmel
                                            Participant

hi

i am new here and very interested in trials with ipi.

i would appreciate knowing what kind of side effects gene had with ipi.

what dosage was he taking?

when & how did he take gm-csf? does he still take gm-csf? is he still taking ipi?

wishing you ned status and thanks for answering my questions.

Gene_S
                                                Participant

Hi newbie,

In March 2011, I started with the Ipi Clinical Trial with the GM-CSF.  I believe it is the 10 mg per kg but not exactly sure of the ratio but do know it is the 10.

The GM-CSF is a 1 ml shot taken for 14 days then 1 week off before starting again.  For 12 weeks had the Ipi every 3 weeks and now in the maintenance get it ever 12 weeks from the last one while still taking the GM-CSF as before.

Judy wife of Gene_S

Gene_S
                                                  Participant

Hi newbie,

In March 2011, I started with the Ipi Clinical Trial with the GM-CSF.  I believe it is the 10 mg per kg but not exactly sure of the ratio but do know it is the 10.

The GM-CSF is a 1 ml shot taken for 14 days then 1 week off before starting again.  For 12 weeks had the Ipi every 3 weeks and now in the maintenance get it ever 12 weeks from the last one while still taking the GM-CSF as before.

Judy wife of Gene_S

Gene_S
                                                    Participant

Oops sorry I missed the side effects part: Ipi itch, rash, some flushing.  Stiff knee joints, insomnia and not sure if Ipi or GM-CSF.  Raised hot areas around the injection sites which subsided around week 8 or 9.

Gene_S
                                                      Participant

Oops sorry I missed the side effects part: Ipi itch, rash, some flushing.  Stiff knee joints, insomnia and not sure if Ipi or GM-CSF.  Raised hot areas around the injection sites which subsided around week 8 or 9.

killmel
                                                      Participant

hi

i am new here and very interested in trials with ipi.

i would appreciate knowing what kind of side effects gene had with ipi.

what dosage was he taking?

when & how did he take gm-csf? does he still take gm-csf? is he still taking ipi?

wishing you ned status and thanks for answering my questions.

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics