The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update… NED!

Forums General Melanoma Community Update… NED!

Participant

At my appointment last week, my doctor said my latest CT scans were better than stable… He said the nodule in my lung is so much less conspicuous that it is opaque and hardly noticeable… Confident the cancer is gone, and the same goes for the cancer that was in nodes in my mesenteric bowel… The nodes are all back to normal size if not even a bit smaller than normal. He said this was an excellent scan and that he is confident in saying there is no evidence of disease! 

So the plan is to continue on nivo, complete the two years (March 2017!). Some have said the full two years isn't necessary, but if it helps with a durable, longer lasting response, I certainly don't mind the treatments! I still work 40 hours/week, and live my life with minimal side effects! 

Needless to say, I couldn't be happier right now! I'm so thrilled… Christmas came early for me this year!

On a side note, I will be participating in the Advocacy and Summit Hill day for the MRF in March. Will I have the pleasure of meeting any of you in DC in March?

Viewing 38 reply threads
    • Replies
        ldub
        Participant

Congratulations – fantastic news!

ldub
          Participant

ldub
            Participant

jenny22
              Participant

Congratulations Eileen…..that is great news, and I'm sure you couldn't have asked for a better Xmas present!!!!

Enjoy, and all the bst,

jenny

jenny22
                Participant

Congratulations Eileen…..that is great news, and I'm sure you couldn't have asked for a better Xmas present!!!!

Enjoy, and all the bst,

jenny

jenny22
                  Participant

Enjoy, and all the bst,

jenny

Jubes
                    Participant

Such fantastic news Eileen!!! Have a great Xmas!

anne-Louise 

Jubes
                      Participant

anne-Louise 

Jubes
                        Participant

anne-Louise 

mjanssentx
                          Participant

Eileen – that has to be the best present that you will get this year….congrats…Michel

mjanssentx
                            Participant

Eileen – that has to be the best present that you will get this year….congrats…Michel

mjanssentx
                              Participant

Mat
                                Participant

Awesome news–happy holidays!

Mat
                                  Participant

vivian
                                      Participant

Wonderful news for the new year!!!  

vivian
                                        Participant

vivian
                                          Participant

Mat
                                          Participant

Linny
                                            Participant

What fantastic news! Congrats!!! And, Merry Christmas!!

Linny
                                              Participant

Linny
                                                Participant

Bubbles
                                                  Participant

Beautiful, Eileen!!!  Congrats! c

Bubbles
                                                    Participant

Bubbles
                                                      Participant

jamieth29
                                                        Participant
                                                          What fantastic news!! Congrats.
                                                          jamieth29
                                                          Participant
                                                            jamieth29
                                                            Participant
                                                              rosa1
                                                              Participant

What a wonderful Christmas present! Congrats Eileen!

Rosa

rosa1
                                                                Participant

Rosa

rosa1
                                                                  Participant

Rosa

Coneflowers
                                                                    Participant

That is wonderful! So happy for you!!

Coneflowers
                                                                      Participant

Coneflowers
                                                                        Participant

_Paul_
                                                                          Participant

That is fantastic news Eileen! What a Christmas present!

– Paul

_Paul_
                                                                            Participant

– Paul

_Paul_
                                                                              Participant

– Paul

mrsaxde
                                                                                Participant

Awesome news!

mrsaxde
                                                                                  Participant

Awesome news!

mrsaxde
                                                                                    Participant

Awesome news!

Eileensulliv
                                                                                        Participant

Thank you all so much! I learn so much from everyone's posts, and advice given… This site has truly been a blessing to me!

Eileensulliv
                                                                                          Participant

Thank you all so much! I learn so much from everyone's posts, and advice given… This site has truly been a blessing to me!

Eileensulliv
                                                                                            Participant

sayres
                                                                                            Participant

Best news I've heard in a while….best present ever! 

sayres
                                                                                              Participant

sayres
                                                                                                Participant

Viewing 38 reply threads
                                                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics