The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Thinking and Praying for Our Neufie Friend Sharyn

Forums General Melanoma Community Thinking and Praying for Our Neufie Friend Sharyn

Participant

I don't know if any of you have had an update on Sharyn lately.  I shared an e-mail with her hubby who is overwhelmed at the moment and obviously scared of what the future holds for our dear Sharyn.  He let me know what she had been removed from the Ipi trial as she has progression with brain mets.  She is having difficulty and hasn't been able to get on her computer.  I know Jim didn't want to be hit by a barage of e-mails, but thought that some of you would want to know.

I don't know if any of you have had an update on Sharyn lately.  I shared an e-mail with her hubby who is overwhelmed at the moment and obviously scared of what the future holds for our dear Sharyn.  He let me know what she had been removed from the Ipi trial as she has progression with brain mets.  She is having difficulty and hasn't been able to get on her computer.  I know Jim didn't want to be hit by a barage of e-mails, but thought that some of you would want to know.

Sharyn is a real trooper and has been such a positive influence on this board and our discussion forum in Canada.  I can say how many times she has reached out with information and support for others.  I know I don't have to ask all of you long-timers on here – but if you can put her in your thoughts and prayers and we will continue to hope that she bounces back from this as she has done from every other hurdle.

Annette  IIIb

Melanoma Network of Canada

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Annette,

I am heartbroken to hear this news.  Do they have a plan in place?  Sharyn has bounced back so many times, we can only send prayers and hope for her recovery.

Please let him know that we send her our love.

Linda

acyr
            Participant

Hi Linda,

I haven't heard anything beyond what he responded.  I hate to be grim, but when we don't hear from our friend it gets me worried.  I hope he has the time for an update soon.  If I hear anything, I will certainly let you all know.  Send positive vibes….

Annette IIIB

lhaley
              Participant

This has been a bad week or so on MPIP which usually means that many stay away for awhile. Also, this is Memorial Day Weekend in the States which will make the boards even slower.  Do you have an e-mail from Sharyn with her group list to let others know?  Usually when someone responds to her it ends up being sent to everyone.

Linda

lhaley
                Participant

This has been a bad week or so on MPIP which usually means that many stay away for awhile. Also, this is Memorial Day Weekend in the States which will make the boards even slower.  Do you have an e-mail from Sharyn with her group list to let others know?  Usually when someone responds to her it ends up being sent to everyone.

Linda

acyr
                  Participant

Hi Linda,

I haven't heard anything beyond what he responded.  I hate to be grim, but when we don't hear from our friend it gets me worried.  I hope he has the time for an update soon.  If I hear anything, I will certainly let you all know.  Send positive vibes….

Annette IIIB

lhaley
                  Participant

Annette,

I am heartbroken to hear this news.  Do they have a plan in place?  Sharyn has bounced back so many times, we can only send prayers and hope for her recovery.

Please let him know that we send her our love.

Linda

NicOz
                    Participant

I often wonder how sharyn is going as of late. My thoughts are with her, and am hoping she's just catching her breath to clear yet another hurdle. I hope to hear some good news on here soon, from someone in the know!

NicOz
                      Participant

I often wonder how sharyn is going as of late. My thoughts are with her, and am hoping she's just catching her breath to clear yet another hurdle. I hope to hear some good news on here soon, from someone in the know!

ValinMtl
                        Participant

Oh no Annette…I am so sad.  I knew something was wrong when I didn't hear from her this week past, but I didn't want to contact her as I also knew she was getting very tired with so many people to respond to.  She was supposed to be in Montreal for an ipi treatment last Tuesday, Jim was coming with her so they could spend a few days in Montreal together, I don't know if she even made that appointment, I was in the hospital at the time.  She is so beautiful both inside and out and we usually touched base with each other whenever we could. I pray that a miracle will happen.

I too have been removed from the ipi trial due to growth, I'm still gathering my thoughts, Val

Vermont_Donna
                            Participant

Hi,

I too had been missing Sharyn's posts here and emails to me personal email. I am sad to hear she has progression of brain mets, darn it!!!!

Val, you too have been removed from the IPi trial due to tumor growth?? Please share more info with us under a separate post if you would and also plese go to my patnet and send me your phone number…….

Thanks so much and I am thinking lots aand sending positive energy to you both!!

Vermont_Donna

ValinMtl
                              Participant

Hi Donna

I hope it's only temporary loss but I can't remember how to do patnet? I'm thinking it must be the morphine that's slowing me up.  You can always reach me at [email protected]  Val

nicoli
                                Participant

Just blam "chemo brain" . Really. Even if you never had chemo, just blame "chemo brain". I do.

Nicki

ValinMtl
                                  Participant

Thanks Nicki..good idea..Val xx

ValinMtl
                                    Participant

Thanks Nicki..good idea..Val xx

nicoli
                                      Participant

Just blam "chemo brain" . Really. Even if you never had chemo, just blame "chemo brain". I do.

Nicki

ValinMtl
                                        Participant

Hi Donna

I hope it's only temporary loss but I can't remember how to do patnet? I'm thinking it must be the morphine that's slowing me up.  You can always reach me at [email protected]  Val

Vermont_Donna
                                          Participant

Hi,

I too had been missing Sharyn's posts here and emails to me personal email. I am sad to hear she has progression of brain mets, darn it!!!!

Val, you too have been removed from the IPi trial due to tumor growth?? Please share more info with us under a separate post if you would and also plese go to my patnet and send me your phone number…….

Thanks so much and I am thinking lots aand sending positive energy to you both!!

Vermont_Donna

ValinMtl
                                          Participant

Oh no Annette…I am so sad.  I knew something was wrong when I didn't hear from her this week past, but I didn't want to contact her as I also knew she was getting very tired with so many people to respond to.  She was supposed to be in Montreal for an ipi treatment last Tuesday, Jim was coming with her so they could spend a few days in Montreal together, I don't know if she even made that appointment, I was in the hospital at the time.  She is so beautiful both inside and out and we usually touched base with each other whenever we could. I pray that a miracle will happen.

I too have been removed from the ipi trial due to growth, I'm still gathering my thoughts, Val

MichaelFL
                                            Participant

Thanks for letting us know Annette. I had not received a email from her lately either.

Been a bad month on the board. 🙁

Michael

Lisa13
                                                Participant

I'm sad to hear of this news. I had posted a couple of weeks back on the Canadian forum and usually she would reply – she didn't.  She has been a pillar of strength and support for so many people and no doubt continues to be through this ordeal.

Lisa

Lisa13
                                                  Participant

I'm sad to hear of this news. I had posted a couple of weeks back on the Canadian forum and usually she would reply – she didn't.  She has been a pillar of strength and support for so many people and no doubt continues to be through this ordeal.

Lisa

MichaelFL
                                                  Participant

Thanks for letting us know Annette. I had not received a email from her lately either.

Been a bad month on the board. 🙁

Michael

FormerCaregiver
                                                    Participant

Sorry to read this about Sharyn. Although I don't know her, she sounds like a wonderful
                                                      person and a true melanoma warrior.

She is in my prayers.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                      Participant

Sorry to read this about Sharyn. Although I don't know her, she sounds like a wonderful
                                                        person and a true melanoma warrior.

She is in my prayers.

Frank from Australia

Viewing 9 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics