The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

The results are in.

Forums General Melanoma Community The results are in.

Participant

Well, they told me that this months scans show about another total decrease of about 10% since last months scans. So now to about 20% decrease overall. There's nothing new and my brain is still clear. So this is good news. ๐Ÿ™‚

Well, they told me that this months scans show about another total decrease of about 10% since last months scans. So now to about 20% decrease overall. There's nothing new and my brain is still clear. So this is good news. ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm not sure what this means or what to expect as far the future goes. I don't know if typically I can/should expect to see the same/similar results next month of if this stuff stops working after a couple of months.. I don't know. Probably varies person to person. But, I've made it another month and I guess we'll just see what next month says. So… that's it. That's my update. Sorry they're not quite as interesting these days. Not much going on but waiting for monthly scans. Which I should be happy about, and I am. But hopefully these updates put some hope and good feelings in some readers thoughts and minds. I met a guy today, who went to the NIH with advanced melanoma 17 years ago. They're cured him. He'd been going back for yearly checkups and they finally told him this visit he doesn't need to come back anymore. When the guy told me his story with tears of joy, and how thankful he was to overcome his situation.  It sure me feel good, and hopeful, like anything is possible. And hopefully my updates can do the same for any of you readers. Just as yours have done for me.  Anyway I'm home now after a long day of traveling and am going to catch up on some sleep. It's been a long couple of days. I'll be browsing the boards as usual,  and will have another update in a month. ๐Ÿ™‚ Take care everyone.

-Kevin

Viewing 39 reply threads
    • Replies
        dawn dion
        Participant

Congrats!!! I am always – happy to hear good news.  Like you said makes things a little more hopeful.   The best to you.

dawn dion
          Participant

Congrats!!! I am always – happy to hear good news.  Like you said makes things a little more hopeful.   The best to you.

KellieSue
            Participant

Congrats! That is great to hear. I'm so happy for you! May you have continued good scans!!!

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV since June 2008

KellieSue
              Participant

Congrats! That is great to hear. I'm so happy for you! May you have continued good scans!!!

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV since June 2008

molly
                Participant

Kevin, so happy for your good news!! Yes, good news is wonderful and inspiring here…keep it coming!!!

molly

molly
                  Participant

Kevin, so happy for your good news!! Yes, good news is wonderful and inspiring here…keep it coming!!!

molly

Carmon in NM
                    Participant

Thanks so much for sharing such good news! We all need inspiration when we can get it. Hopefully things will continue like this for you! Carmon in NM

Carmon in NM
                      Participant

Thanks so much for sharing such good news! We all need inspiration when we can get it. Hopefully things will continue like this for you! Carmon in NM

skysar
                        Participant
                          Kevin

Wonderful news and continued success with the next set of scans. My next appt at MDA is March 22 for scans and meeting with doc to discuss TIL. What a great story about the other warrior at NIH. Gives me hope!

Take care

Sue
                          Hotlanta

skysar
                          Participant
                            Kevin

Wonderful news and continued success with the next set of scans. My next appt at MDA is March 22 for scans and meeting with doc to discuss TIL. What a great story about the other warrior at NIH. Gives me hope!

Take care

Sue
                            Hotlanta

Bonnie Lea
                            Participant

Kevin, this is very good news indeed.   One step at a time.  I know its hard doing it this slow, but hey it gives us all a boost when the doctors tell us,  this news.

when you write it here, I bet the whoops of joy sound each time someone reads it.  I know in my house, the kitties jump up with my hoops and yells at good news I read.

Congrats.

Bonnie Lea

Bonnie Lea
                              Participant

Kevin, this is very good news indeed.   One step at a time.  I know its hard doing it this slow, but hey it gives us all a boost when the doctors tell us,  this news.

when you write it here, I bet the whoops of joy sound each time someone reads it.  I know in my house, the kitties jump up with my hoops and yells at good news I read.

Congrats.

Bonnie Lea

mimi0201
                                Participant

Kevin;  May we follow in your footsteps.  We are headed to NIH for Tues Feb 22 appt.  Keep your fingers crossed.

mimi0201
                                  Participant

Kevin;  May we follow in your footsteps.  We are headed to NIH for Tues Feb 22 appt.  Keep your fingers crossed.

mimi0201
                                    Participant

mimi0201
                                      Participant

CLPrice31
                                        Participant

Kevin,

I love reading updates like yours! Congratulations on the good news! Hoping to hear more good news in the future!

CLPrice31
                                          Participant

Kevin,

I love reading updates like yours! Congratulations on the good news! Hoping to hear more good news in the future!

Rebecca and Bob
                                            Participant

Kevin,

When my husband did IL-2 one of the tumors in his lung stayed for year and only changed the first few months after treatment, so we waited and then he had surgery to remove it. The tissue was completely necrotic. Do they ever discuss PETScans to see if there is activity or do they have a certain amount of time they give it until they see if it's just shrinking and still active?

Great news!!!

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                                              Participant

Kevin,

When my husband did IL-2 one of the tumors in his lung stayed for year and only changed the first few months after treatment, so we waited and then he had surgery to remove it. The tissue was completely necrotic. Do they ever discuss PETScans to see if there is activity or do they have a certain amount of time they give it until they see if it's just shrinking and still active?

Great news!!!

Rebecca

glewis923
                                                Participant

Hey Kevin-

Decrease or even stable is very good news !    I'm very happy for you.  Let's hope it goes down another 10%.  Sooner or later, the 10's will add up to ZERO !

Sleep Well, Grady.

glewis923
                                                  Participant

Hey Kevin-

Decrease or even stable is very good news !    I'm very happy for you.  Let's hope it goes down another 10%.  Sooner or later, the 10's will add up to ZERO !

Sleep Well, Grady.

BethA in VA
                                                    Participant

I love hearing your good news.  Keep up the good work…and as far as what to expect in the future…A GOOD LIFE!  FREE OF MM.  You have done so good…and it will continue.  Lots of prayers sent your way.  Beth 3/B 

BethA in VA
                                                      Participant

I love hearing your good news.  Keep up the good work…and as far as what to expect in the future…A GOOD LIFE!  FREE OF MM.  You have done so good…and it will continue.  Lots of prayers sent your way.  Beth 3/B 

jag
                                                        Participant

Good to hear Kevin.  Very happy for you, may the rest of your tumors shrink like ice cubes in the desert.

jag
                                                          Participant

Good to hear Kevin.  Very happy for you, may the rest of your tumors shrink like ice cubes in the desert.

paul
                                                            Participant

That's a very encouraging report; thanks for posting it. Wishing you continued strength and good spirits.

Paul

paul
                                                              Participant

That's a very encouraging report; thanks for posting it. Wishing you continued strength and good spirits.

Paul

paul
                                                                Participant

Paul

paul
                                                                  Participant

Paul

Vermont_Donna
                                                                      Participant

Good news Kevin, steady steps forward!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

stable after 4 rounds of Ipi

Vermont_Donna
                                                                        Participant

Good news Kevin, steady steps forward!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

stable after 4 rounds of Ipi

Sharyn
                                                                        Participant

Hi Kevin! Great report! Keep up those positive thoughts and energy. We're shooting for 30% reduction next month.

Hugs

Sharyn, Stage IV

Sharyn
                                                                          Participant

Hi Kevin! Great report! Keep up those positive thoughts and energy. We're shooting for 30% reduction next month.

Hugs

Sharyn, Stage IV

ValinMtl
                                                                            Participant

Thanks for the update Kevin.  You always know we are on your team and cheering for you to win against the beast.  It's nice to hear things like the 17 year survivor…I"m sure it made you feel stronger to know there is a light a the end of the tunnel.  Val

ValinMtl
                                                                              Participant

Thanks for the update Kevin.  You always know we are on your team and cheering for you to win against the beast.  It's nice to hear things like the 17 year survivor…I"m sure it made you feel stronger to know there is a light a the end of the tunnel.  Val

Suzan AB
                                                                                Participant

Kevin,

Thank you for sharing your strength and hope with us! 

My best,

Suzan AB

Stage IV, lung mets…in a holding pattern…

Suzan AB
                                                                                  Participant

Kevin,

Thank you for sharing your strength and hope with us! 

My best,

Suzan AB

Stage IV, lung mets…in a holding pattern…

himynameiskevin
                                                                                    Participant

"…kitties jumping with hoops…"  ha.
                                                                                      "…sooner or later 10s add up to zero…"
                                                                                      "…tumors shrink like ice cubes in the desert…"
                                                                                      among all the others.

Thank you for all the encouraging and thoughtful words. It really means a lot.
                                                                                      Brings a smile to this face.

himynameiskevin
                                                                                      Participant

"…kitties jumping with hoops…"  ha.
                                                                                        "…sooner or later 10s add up to zero…"
                                                                                        "…tumors shrink like ice cubes in the desert…"
                                                                                        among all the others.

Thank you for all the encouraging and thoughtful words. It really means a lot.
                                                                                        Brings a smile to this face.

MRFUser2011
                                                                                        Participant

Kevin, so glad to check in and get to read your good news.  I so rarely read the board but seems whenever I am feeling really low or apprehensive, I sign on and someone has posted something that makes me feel good for them and gives me hope for all of us.  May you keep seeing these decreases and thanks so much for taking the time to share (traveling can be so exhausting).

Blessings,

Shari

MRFUser2011
                                                                                          Participant

Kevin, so glad to check in and get to read your good news.  I so rarely read the board but seems whenever I am feeling really low or apprehensive, I sign on and someone has posted something that makes me feel good for them and gives me hope for all of us.  May you keep seeing these decreases and thanks so much for taking the time to share (traveling can be so exhausting).

Blessings,

Shari

Viewing 39 reply threads
                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics