The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

The love of my life – lost the battle

Forums General Melanoma Community The love of my life – lost the battle

Participant

The love of my life lost his battle with the beast tonight at 0200 Aug 8, 2000.

The love of my life lost his battle with the beast tonight at 0200 Aug 8, 2000.

Viewing 41 reply threads
    • Replies
        MaryBeth and Jeff
        Participant

Aug 8 2011

JerryfromFauq
            Participant

So sorry to hear this.  The loss of a loved one sure leaves a hugh hole in our lives.  Prayin for your peace.

JerryfromFauq
              Participant

So sorry to hear this.  The loss of a loved one sure leaves a hugh hole in our lives.  Prayin for your peace.

MariaH
                Participant

I'm so sorry to hear this.  My heart goes out to.

MariaH
                  Participant

I'm so sorry to hear this.  My heart goes out to.

Phil S
                    Participant

Marybeth      We are so sorry for your loss, and I know that there will be many difficult days ahead, but I hope you can take solace in the love and support you gave Jeff throughout his illness.  God Bless!  Valerie (Phil's wife)

Phil S
                      Participant

Marybeth      We are so sorry for your loss, and I know that there will be many difficult days ahead, but I hope you can take solace in the love and support you gave Jeff throughout his illness.  God Bless!  Valerie (Phil's wife)

lyndaloo
                        Participant

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, I cannot express myself to let you know how I feel but please know that you are not alone.

lyndaloo

lyndaloo
                          Participant

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, I cannot express myself to let you know how I feel but please know that you are not alone.

lyndaloo

MaryBeth and Jeff
                          Participant

Aug 8 2011

FormerCaregiver
                            Participant

I am deeply saddened to read this. Please accept my heartfelt sympathy.

May God bless and comfort you.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                              Participant

I am deeply saddened to read this. Please accept my heartfelt sympathy.

May God bless and comfort you.

Frank from Australia

Carol Taylor
                                Participant

Mary Beth I'm so sorry to hear about Jeff. He fought hard and while the beast killed his body, it could not touch that which was "Jeff" and it can nver touch him again. If you are someone who finds comfort in the Psalms, may I suggest Psalm 23 and envisioning Jeff enjoying his feast and all his enemy (beast) can do is watch. Jeff won his battle, he didn't lose. Forever victorious.

You did lose the love of your life and the life you had and I am truly sorry.

Please email me if there's anything I can do, any prayers I can offer.  Again, I'm sorry.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                                  Participant

Mary Beth I'm so sorry to hear about Jeff. He fought hard and while the beast killed his body, it could not touch that which was "Jeff" and it can nver touch him again. If you are someone who finds comfort in the Psalms, may I suggest Psalm 23 and envisioning Jeff enjoying his feast and all his enemy (beast) can do is watch. Jeff won his battle, he didn't lose. Forever victorious.

You did lose the love of your life and the life you had and I am truly sorry.

Please email me if there's anything I can do, any prayers I can offer.  Again, I'm sorry.

Grace and peace,

Carol

lhaley
                                    Participant

MaryBeth,

I am so sorry.  Jeff was taken from you so quickly that I'm sure you are stunned.  His pain is gone now and he is free. 

Please take care of yourself.

Linda

lhaley
                                      Participant

MaryBeth,

I am so sorry.  Jeff was taken from you so quickly that I'm sure you are stunned.  His pain is gone now and he is free. 

Please take care of yourself.

Linda

BonnieLea
                                        Participant

Dear MaryBeth

I am so very sorry to read this.  Jeff and you were quite a team.  He is finally free from pain and at Peace. 

Bonnie

BonnieLea
                                          Participant

Dear MaryBeth

I am so very sorry to read this.  Jeff and you were quite a team.  He is finally free from pain and at Peace. 

Bonnie

Fen
                                            Participant

I'm so sorry, Mary Beth. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Fen

Fen
                                              Participant

I'm so sorry, Mary Beth. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Fen

triciad
                                                Participant

MaryBeth,

My heart is broken.  Please accept my deepest sympathies for your loss.

Tricia 

triciad
                                                  Participant

MaryBeth,

My heart is broken.  Please accept my deepest sympathies for your loss.

Tricia 

MichaelFL
                                                    Participant

I am so sorry to read this.

Please keep family close, and take care of yourself during this most difficult of times.

My condolences,

Michael

MichaelFL
                                                      Participant

I am so sorry to read this.

Please keep family close, and take care of yourself during this most difficult of times.

My condolences,

Michael

shellebrownies
                                                        Participant

So sad to hear your news, MaryBeth. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Michelle, wife of Don

shellebrownies
                                                          Participant

So sad to hear your news, MaryBeth. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Michelle, wife of Don

KellieSue
                                                            Participant

I'm so sorry for you loss. Melanoma is so so horrible.

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV

KellieSue
                                                              Participant

I'm so sorry for you loss. Melanoma is so so horrible.

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV

NancyGM
                                                                Participant

MaryBeth, My deepest sympathies. I am so sorry for your tragic loss.

NancyGM
                                                                  Participant

MaryBeth, My deepest sympathies. I am so sorry for your tragic loss.

CarolA
                                                                    Participant

Dear MaryBeth,   I am so sorry.   Prayers for you and your family and all those whose hearts are touched by Jeff's journey and life.

CarolA-StageIII

Amherst, NY

CarolA
                                                                      Participant

Dear MaryBeth,   I am so sorry.   Prayers for you and your family and all those whose hearts are touched by Jeff's journey and life.

CarolA-StageIII

Amherst, NY

Cate
                                                                        Participant

I am so sorry for your loss.  Melanoma is a horrible disease.  

Cate
                                                                          Participant

I am so sorry for your loss.  Melanoma is a horrible disease.  

JuleFL
                                                                            Participant
                                                                              I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you have comfort and peace soon. May your love help overcome your pain.

Jule (wife of Cal who received his wings last September)

JuleFL
                                                                              Participant
                                                                                I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you have comfort and peace soon. May your love help overcome your pain.

Jule (wife of Cal who received his wings last September)

hope4cure1
                                                                                Participant

MaryBeth,  I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  I hope you are supported by loved ones at this time.  You will be in my prayers.

Love,  Hope

hope4cure1
                                                                                  Participant

MaryBeth,  I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  I hope you are supported by loved ones at this time.  You will be in my prayers.

Love,  Hope

James from Sydney
                                                                                    Participant

i am so sorry to hear of your loss. I pray that over time the pain will ease. 

Hames

James from Sydney
                                                                                      Participant

i am so sorry to hear of your loss. I pray that over time the pain will ease. 

Hames

BarbieGirl
                                                                                        Participant

MaryBeth, I'm so sorry to read this sad news about Jeff.  He was one heck of a warrior, and you were a wonderful caregiver to him.  Please know I'm keeping you and Jeff's family in my heart and prayers during this most difficult time.  *hugz*

~Lisa~

BarbieGirl
                                                                                          Participant

MaryBeth, I'm so sorry to read this sad news about Jeff.  He was one heck of a warrior, and you were a wonderful caregiver to him.  Please know I'm keeping you and Jeff's family in my heart and prayers during this most difficult time.  *hugz*

~Lisa~

djpayn
                                                                                            Participant

So very sorry for your loss.

djpayn
                                                                                              Participant

So very sorry for your loss.

BethA
                                                                                                Participant

My deepest sympathy in the loss of your loved one.  How lucky he was to have you by his side as he endured this journey.  Find comfort in memories that will always be with you.  Prayers…Beth 3/B

BethA
                                                                                                  Participant

My deepest sympathy in the loss of your loved one.  How lucky he was to have you by his side as he endured this journey.  Find comfort in memories that will always be with you.  Prayers…Beth 3/B

EricNJill
                                                                                                    Participant

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I also lost my husband on August 3rd, 2011.  I will have you in my prayers.

JillNEric in OH

EricNJill
                                                                                                      Participant

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I also lost my husband on August 3rd, 2011.  I will have you in my prayers.

JillNEric in OH

jag
                                                                                                        Participant

Marybeth, I can't imagine how hard it must be to lose the love of your life.  I am very sorry and will pray that you have the strength to overcome this.

jag
                                                                                                          Participant

Marybeth, I can't imagine how hard it must be to lose the love of your life.  I am very sorry and will pray that you have the strength to overcome this.

Viewing 41 reply threads
                                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics