The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Some good news from me

Forums General Melanoma Community Some good news from me

Participant

We can never get enough good news around here, so I am doing my part and sharing…I got my pathology back from my craniotomy today.  This was a site that had been treated with cyberknife, but it had grown substantially and had to be removed.  The pathologist looked at two different slices of tissue and concluded that this was necrotic tissue and radiation-induced change.  The words "no evidence of melanoma cells" are actually on the path report in black and white.  DING DONG, THE WITCH IS DEAD!  Between the cyberknife and the ipilimumab, treatment appears

We can never get enough good news around here, so I am doing my part and sharing…I got my pathology back from my craniotomy today.  This was a site that had been treated with cyberknife, but it had grown substantially and had to be removed.  The pathologist looked at two different slices of tissue and concluded that this was necrotic tissue and radiation-induced change.  The words "no evidence of melanoma cells" are actually on the path report in black and white.  DING DONG, THE WITCH IS DEAD!  Between the cyberknife and the ipilimumab, treatment appears to be working for me.  On top of it, the other lesions treated with cyberknife in November aren't even showing up on my post-surgery MRI.  I'm so grateful, humbled, and overjoyed!

I have my 12-week ipi scans on Thursday.  I am hoping for good news in the body to go with the good news in the brain!

KatyWI

Viewing 37 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Oh Katy, I am so happy for you!  I hope you get move on and be done with this disease forever.  Your good news not only is great for you but does so much for all  of us here!

Yahoo!

Linda

lhaley
          Participant

Oh Katy, I am so happy for you!  I hope you get move on and be done with this disease forever.  Your good news not only is great for you but does so much for all  of us here!

Yahoo!

Linda

MaryBZ
            Participant

SOOOO very happy for you!  I'll continue to keep you in my prayers.  I had my PET scan last Friday in Madison and am happy to report that by the grace of God I am 17 months NED.  Hoping to increase my time at work next year as I feel the "monkey is off my back".  I have let melanoma dicate too much of my life these past 2 years.  I must start living now!  

Mary 

MaryBZ
              Participant

SOOOO very happy for you!  I'll continue to keep you in my prayers.  I had my PET scan last Friday in Madison and am happy to report that by the grace of God I am 17 months NED.  Hoping to increase my time at work next year as I feel the "monkey is off my back".  I have let melanoma dicate too much of my life these past 2 years.  I must start living now!  

Mary 

debbieVA
                Participant

Congratulations Katy….Great news…Celebrate and enjoy!  

God Bless….

Debbie Stage 4 NED

debbieVA
                  Participant

Congratulations Katy….Great news…Celebrate and enjoy!  

God Bless….

Debbie Stage 4 NED

glewis923
                    Participant

Great news indeed!  I got 3 more NovalisTS (cyber-knifed) today!  Hope to get on IPI.  

I'm so glad it seems to be working for you…..wonderful, I think i'll celebrate!

Love,  Grady & Families.

glewis923
                      Participant

Great news indeed!  I got 3 more NovalisTS (cyber-knifed) today!  Hope to get on IPI.  

I'm so glad it seems to be working for you…..wonderful, I think i'll celebrate!

Love,  Grady & Families.

jag
                        Participant

Katy, keep the good news coming! That is great!.

jag
                          Participant

Katy, keep the good news coming! That is great!.

JakeinNY
                            Participant

Congratulations Katy.

Build on this.

Remember to do all that you can for your immune system…body, mind, and spirit.

Best wishes for a long life.

JakeinNY
                              Participant

Congratulations Katy.

Build on this.

Remember to do all that you can for your immune system…body, mind, and spirit.

Best wishes for a long life.

Sharyn
                                Participant

Hey Katy! Good on ya! You must be doing a newfie jig for sure!  I'm hoping to be hot on your trail with my own craniotomy next week. We'll have to compare notes. Congratutations!!

Hugs

Sharyn, Stage IV

Sharyn
                                  Participant

Hey Katy! Good on ya! You must be doing a newfie jig for sure!  I'm hoping to be hot on your trail with my own craniotomy next week. We'll have to compare notes. Congratutations!!

Hugs

Sharyn, Stage IV

Wife of Carl
                                    Participant

Katy,

WOW!  I am glad that you got such good news!  It is always encouraging to hear good news here.  I hope that the trend of good news keeps going for your scans on Thursday and that there will be even more reason for celebration.

Pat

Wife of Carl
                                      Participant

Katy,

WOW!  I am glad that you got such good news!  It is always encouraging to hear good news here.  I hope that the trend of good news keeps going for your scans on Thursday and that there will be even more reason for celebration.

Pat

NicOz
                                        Participant

*doin' the happy dance, hun* I may resemble a hippo having a seizure, but it's the thought that counts cheeky

NicOz
                                          Participant

*doin' the happy dance, hun* I may resemble a hippo having a seizure, but it's the thought that counts cheeky

KatyWI
                                              Participant

Oh woman, I like you!  A hippo having a seizure…lol!

KatyWI
                                                Participant

Oh woman, I like you!  A hippo having a seizure…lol!

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                                Participant

Nice to hear some GREAT news…

Jerry from Cape Cod

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                                  Participant

Nice to hear some GREAT news…

Jerry from Cape Cod

Bonnie Lea
                                                    Participant

What a lovely post to read Katy.  Congrats and many many more great news to come for us all.  I am so happy to hear this from you.

Bonnie Lea

Bonnie Lea
                                                      Participant

What a lovely post to read Katy.  Congrats and many many more great news to come for us all.  I am so happy to hear this from you.

Bonnie Lea

triciad
                                                        Participant

Katy,

I am so excited to hear this good news.  Thanks for picking up all of our spirits!  May you travel the "melanoma free road" forever!

Tricia

triciad
                                                          Participant

Katy,

I am so excited to hear this good news.  Thanks for picking up all of our spirits!  May you travel the "melanoma free road" forever!

Tricia

LynnLuc
                                                            Participant

great great news!!!

LynnLuc
                                                              Participant

great great news!!!

Melanoma Mom
                                                                Participant

Soooooooooo happy for you! Thinking of you on Thursday!

Vermont_Donna
                                                                    Participant

Katy,

This is wonderful, fantastic news! Good luck on your 12 weeks scans after Ipi. I have mine next Wednesday!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, currently finished 4th infusion of Ipi

Vermont_Donna
                                                                      Participant

Katy,

This is wonderful, fantastic news! Good luck on your 12 weeks scans after Ipi. I have mine next Wednesday!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, currently finished 4th infusion of Ipi

Melanoma Mom
                                                                      Participant

Soooooooooo happy for you! Thinking of you on Thursday!

KellieSue
                                                                        Participant

Ya for clean scans!!! I hope your scan on Thursday shows the same

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV since June 2008

KellieSue
                                                                          Participant

Ya for clean scans!!! I hope your scan on Thursday shows the same

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV since June 2008

Jim M.
                                                                            Participant

Congratulations Katy! That is awesome news

From a Wisconsin transplant in Florida

God Bless,

Jim M.

Jim M.
                                                                              Participant

Congratulations Katy! That is awesome news

From a Wisconsin transplant in Florida

God Bless,

Jim M.

kylez
                                                                                Participant

congratulations Katy! that's such a great result.

how is your recovery from the procedure? you don't mention anything so I assume it's going well.

KatyWI
                                                                                    Participant

Hi Kyle, yes recovery is going very well.  I had the tiniest bit of facial droop but it has gone away, so I assume it was swelling.  I still struggle to find words sometimes but it's getting better too.  Both of these were symptoms I had before the surgery, so I am hopeful they are related to post-operative swelling.  On Tuesday, I get my stitches out of my head – hooray!  I have to say, I'm surprised how not-very-traumatic recovery has been.  They were digging around in my brain and they let me out of the hospital just two days later?!

KatyWI

KatyWI
                                                                                      Participant

Hi Kyle, yes recovery is going very well.  I had the tiniest bit of facial droop but it has gone away, so I assume it was swelling.  I still struggle to find words sometimes but it's getting better too.  Both of these were symptoms I had before the surgery, so I am hopeful they are related to post-operative swelling.  On Tuesday, I get my stitches out of my head – hooray!  I have to say, I'm surprised how not-very-traumatic recovery has been.  They were digging around in my brain and they let me out of the hospital just two days later?!

KatyWI

kylez
                                                                                      Participant

congratulations Katy! that's such a great result.

how is your recovery from the procedure? you don't mention anything so I assume it's going well.

carol b
                                                                                        Participant

I am so happy for ur good news..it gives us all hope for the future

carol b
                                                                                          Participant

I am so happy for ur good news..it gives us all hope for the future

moi
                                                                                            Participant

Good luck on Thursday Katy, looking for continued success.

moi
                                                                                              Participant

Good luck on Thursday Katy, looking for continued success.

Viewing 37 reply threads
                                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics