The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Sister Died

Forums General Melanoma Community Sister Died

Participant

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but I promised my sister that I would tell you what happened to her.I'm trying to keep that promise the best that I can..She signed on as Sharon in Reno.She told me that it was your love and support that kept her fighting.I went to stay w/her Aug.28th and she died Sept.

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but I promised my sister that I would tell you what happened to her.I'm trying to keep that promise the best that I can..She signed on as Sharon in Reno.She told me that it was your love and support that kept her fighting.I went to stay w/her Aug.28th and she died Sept. 25th.I'm afraid to tell you how it went because there are many of you still fighting and many loved ones still hoping for NED.I will just say she was able to stay at home until 4 days before her death.I'm so thankful for hospice they kept me going and held me up when I thought I couldn't bare another moment.Sharon was 53 years old at her death and I'll be 55 this month.It was because of what we went through together that I now have made many changes in my life.She is at peace now.She left many people behind who are griefing but we are grateful not to watch her suffering any longer that was worse than the pain of not having her to hold anymore.She mostly wanted you to know how important she felt this web site was and thank you for the many times that you comforted her and advised her and gave her a safe,caring place to be when she just needed to "talk" with someone who understood what she was going through.I want to thank you also.Sincerely,Nina

Viewing 55 reply threads
    • Replies
        Nancy
        Participant

Nina,  My thoughts and prayers to you … Sharon posted often, offering help and hope to others..As a caregiver,  it is so hard to try everything possible to keep a loved one, then lose them to melanoma. 

Nancy
          Participant

Nina,  My thoughts and prayers to you … Sharon posted often, offering help and hope to others..As a caregiver,  it is so hard to try everything possible to keep a loved one, then lose them to melanoma. 

DebbieH
            Participant

I am so sorry, Nina.  Sharon posted often and was an important member of this community and will be missed by so many here.  My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. 

DebbieH

DebbieH
              Participant

I am so sorry, Nina.  Sharon posted often and was an important member of this community and will be missed by so many here.  My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. 

DebbieH

washoegal
                Participant

Thank you for letting us know, I can tell that it is still difficult for you.  Sharon was a great comfort and strength to many of us.  She is missed. 

Mary

Stage 3

washoegal
                  Participant

Thank you for letting us know, I can tell that it is still difficult for you.  Sharon was a great comfort and strength to many of us.  She is missed. 

Mary

Stage 3

dian in spokane
                    Participant

Nina,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sharon was like family to us. We will all miss her so much.

Dian in spokane

dian in spokane
                      Participant

Nina,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sharon was like family to us. We will all miss her so much.

Dian in spokane

Jackie W
                        Participant

Sharon was such an asset to this board.  My deepest condolences to you the her family.

Jackie W

Jackie W
                          Participant

Sharon was such an asset to this board.  My deepest condolences to you the her family.

Jackie W

MichaelFL
                            Participant

Hi Nina.

Thanks for letting the board know. Although I did not post it on the board as I felt it was not my place to do so, I did find her OBIT online. May she finally rest in peace now free of the melanoma.

Here is part of the response I put in reply to her last post on September 10th. I think it sums it up as she was a great inspiration here to many, many people.

Much love,gratitude and respect to you personally as well. Many, many thanks to you for everything you have done to help others on this board while going through your own personal hell yourself. What you have done here speaks volumes as to your character. It was an honor to read many of your posts. They were humorous, yet sincere and determined.

Sweet dreams to you now. May you finally take joy in knowing you will be free of the beast soon.

See you on the flip side one day-I'll look you up! 

Enjoy your new wings. Fly high and free!

Michael

MichaelFL
                              Participant

Hi Nina.

Thanks for letting the board know. Although I did not post it on the board as I felt it was not my place to do so, I did find her OBIT online. May she finally rest in peace now free of the melanoma.

Here is part of the response I put in reply to her last post on September 10th. I think it sums it up as she was a great inspiration here to many, many people.

Much love,gratitude and respect to you personally as well. Many, many thanks to you for everything you have done to help others on this board while going through your own personal hell yourself. What you have done here speaks volumes as to your character. It was an honor to read many of your posts. They were humorous, yet sincere and determined.

Sweet dreams to you now. May you finally take joy in knowing you will be free of the beast soon.

See you on the flip side one day-I'll look you up! 

Enjoy your new wings. Fly high and free!

Michael

Lori C
                                Participant

I am so horribly sorry for your loss.

Sharon *always* had words of encouragement for me and everyone on this board.  When I was at my bleakest, she gave me energy and hope, and laughter.  I loved her attitude; I so admired her.  I cannot really express what a gift she was – there are many dark moments in fighting this disease, and Sharon always brought light.

Lori C
                                  Participant

I am so horribly sorry for your loss.

Sharon *always* had words of encouragement for me and everyone on this board.  When I was at my bleakest, she gave me energy and hope, and laughter.  I loved her attitude; I so admired her.  I cannot really express what a gift she was – there are many dark moments in fighting this disease, and Sharon always brought light.

ValinMtl
                                    Participant

Thank you Nina.  Sharon had advised that her time was coming to an end.  We adored her, she was bright, witty and so caring.  She will be deeply missed. Val xx

ValinMtl
                                      Participant

Thank you Nina.  Sharon had advised that her time was coming to an end.  We adored her, she was bright, witty and so caring.  She will be deeply missed. Val xx

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                          Participant

Dear Nina,

Sharon was special and always there for us on the board.  My condolences to you and your loved ones.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                            Participant

Dear Nina,

Sharon was special and always there for us on the board.  My condolences to you and your loved ones.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Vermont_Donna
                                              Participant

Dear Nina,

Thank you for letting us know, true to her wishes in her last email to us, she sid you would let us know and you did. I have been wondering, thinking, praying, hopeful for peace and serentiy at this final cahpter in a wonderful , beautiful woman's life. I will always treasure Sharon, her wit and wisdom and tenacity!

Blessings,

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Vermont_Donna
                                                Participant

Dear Nina,

Thank you for letting us know, true to her wishes in her last email to us, she sid you would let us know and you did. I have been wondering, thinking, praying, hopeful for peace and serentiy at this final cahpter in a wonderful , beautiful woman's life. I will always treasure Sharon, her wit and wisdom and tenacity!

Blessings,

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

lhaley
                                                Participant

Nina,

I am so sorry for your loss.  Sharon was an inspiration to all of us and I know she wanted to win this battle and become NED.  She is free from pain now so she did win.

Much love to your family. Thank you for letting us know.

Linda

lhaley
                                                  Participant

Nina,

I am so sorry for your loss.  Sharon was an inspiration to all of us and I know she wanted to win this battle and become NED.  She is free from pain now so she did win.

Much love to your family. Thank you for letting us know.

Linda

King
                                                    Participant

Nina,

Thank you for letting us know.  Sharon was a great contributor to this board and was so supportive of others in their battle.  I offer my sincere sympathy to you,  the rest of her family and her friends.

Rest in peace, Sharon!

And you did what Sharon asked by letting her melanoma family know of her passing.   I know she's frequently been in my thoughts and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV  7/05 Liver mets

King
                                                      Participant

Nina,

Thank you for letting us know.  Sharon was a great contributor to this board and was so supportive of others in their battle.  I offer my sincere sympathy to you,  the rest of her family and her friends.

Rest in peace, Sharon!

And you did what Sharon asked by letting her melanoma family know of her passing.   I know she's frequently been in my thoughts and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV  7/05 Liver mets

Kim K
                                                        Participant

I am soooooo sorry to hear she passed but am glad she was with family, and grateful to have met her.  Sharon went through her lung surgery around the same time I did, although she went through hell compared to mine.  There were three of us in the same boat sort of at around the same time.  She fought hard, with dignity, and on her own terms.  I can only hope she went peacefully and didn't have to suffer at the end.  She will not be forgotten – ever.

Deepest Sympathy,

Kim K

Kim K
                                                          Participant

I am soooooo sorry to hear she passed but am glad she was with family, and grateful to have met her.  Sharon went through her lung surgery around the same time I did, although she went through hell compared to mine.  There were three of us in the same boat sort of at around the same time.  She fought hard, with dignity, and on her own terms.  I can only hope she went peacefully and didn't have to suffer at the end.  She will not be forgotten – ever.

Deepest Sympathy,

Kim K

MaryD
                                                            Participant

I'm so sorry to hear this Nina – as you can see from the responses, Sharon was well-loved on this board.   She was so supportive to others in the midst of her own battle.

And  ..it so happened that Sharon and I were roomates at CPMC last year – she was doing her biochemo and I was doing rounds of pulsed IL-2.    I could sense then that she was a down to earth strong woman and knew what choices she wanted to make for herself in this journey.

Thankfully she is out of pain and at peace but please know you are in my prayers as you grieve her loss.

Sincere condolences,

Mary

MaryD
                                                              Participant

I'm so sorry to hear this Nina – as you can see from the responses, Sharon was well-loved on this board.   She was so supportive to others in the midst of her own battle.

And  ..it so happened that Sharon and I were roomates at CPMC last year – she was doing her biochemo and I was doing rounds of pulsed IL-2.    I could sense then that she was a down to earth strong woman and knew what choices she wanted to make for herself in this journey.

Thankfully she is out of pain and at peace but please know you are in my prayers as you grieve her loss.

Sincere condolences,

Mary

Cate
                                                                Participant

Nina,  I'm so sorry for your loss.  Sharon helped me through my father's illness with her kind words and knowledgeable advice.  I hope she can rest in peace and that one day we will find a cure for this horrible disease.     Cate

Cate
                                                                  Participant

Nina,  I'm so sorry for your loss.  Sharon helped me through my father's illness with her kind words and knowledgeable advice.  I hope she can rest in peace and that one day we will find a cure for this horrible disease.     Cate

JoanR
                                                                    Participant

Thank you for posting, I felt a special kinship to Sharon as my husband (also mel victim) worked in Reno and we often talked about that. She was so upbeat and supportive, it is too bad we weren't able to send all these messages to her while she was still here. She fought the good fight, and is now free of this miserable disease…Your care would have made a huge diference to Sharon. Joan

JoanR
                                                                      Participant

Thank you for posting, I felt a special kinship to Sharon as my husband (also mel victim) worked in Reno and we often talked about that. She was so upbeat and supportive, it is too bad we weren't able to send all these messages to her while she was still here. She fought the good fight, and is now free of this miserable disease…Your care would have made a huge diference to Sharon. Joan

JerryfromFauq
                                                                        Participant

Nina, The others have covered the subject quite well.  I thank you for the information.  Yes, Sharon was a member of our family here too and her presence will be missed.  We know what the future may bring, but it is also important for all to understand what Hospie can do to help our caregivers in our final days.  Thank you.

JerryfromFauq
                                                                          Participant

Nina, The others have covered the subject quite well.  I thank you for the information.  Yes, Sharon was a member of our family here too and her presence will be missed.  We know what the future may bring, but it is also important for all to understand what Hospie can do to help our caregivers in our final days.  Thank you.

Nicky
                                                                            Participant

Thank you for your post Nina.  I am so sorry for your loss.  Sharon was a true warrio.  She helped and inspired so many on this board.  She will be truely missed

Nicky
                                                                              Participant

Thank you for your post Nina.  I am so sorry for your loss.  Sharon was a true warrio.  She helped and inspired so many on this board.  She will be truely missed

Fen
                                                                                Participant

I'm so sorry, Nina. Sharon was special and is missed on the board.  Thank you for letting us know.  

Fen
                                                                                  Participant

I'm so sorry, Nina. Sharon was special and is missed on the board.  Thank you for letting us know.  

jag
                                                                                    Participant

Nina, Thank you for posting this. Sharon was more of a comfort to us than we were to her to be honest.  She will truly be missed.

jag
                                                                                      Participant

Nina, Thank you for posting this. Sharon was more of a comfort to us than we were to her to be honest.  She will truly be missed.

Suzan AB
                                                                                        Participant

Nina, I think Lori C said it right  when she wrote…

"Sharon *always* had words of encouragement for me and everyone on this board.  When I was at my bleakest, she gave me energy and hope, and laughter.  I loved her attitude; I so admired her.  I cannot really express what a gift she was – there are many dark moments in fighting this disease, and Sharon always brought light."

Sharon's humor and light brought me such comfort and strength…I will not forget her, Sharon will live on!  Many thanks for posting, I realize how difficult this must have been for you. 

Sharon was a Purple Hat wearing girlie-girl with a bright Yellow Feather in her hat for the Sunshine she spread.  RIP Sharon of Reno…See you on the flip side where we can laugh the good laugh at everything!

Thanks again Nina!  May you find some comfort in knowing how loved your sister was by her fellow Warrior's and Warriorists!

Biggest of Hugs!

Suzan AB

Suzan AB
                                                                                          Participant

Nina, I think Lori C said it right  when she wrote…

"Sharon *always* had words of encouragement for me and everyone on this board.  When I was at my bleakest, she gave me energy and hope, and laughter.  I loved her attitude; I so admired her.  I cannot really express what a gift she was – there are many dark moments in fighting this disease, and Sharon always brought light."

Sharon's humor and light brought me such comfort and strength…I will not forget her, Sharon will live on!  Many thanks for posting, I realize how difficult this must have been for you. 

Sharon was a Purple Hat wearing girlie-girl with a bright Yellow Feather in her hat for the Sunshine she spread.  RIP Sharon of Reno…See you on the flip side where we can laugh the good laugh at everything!

Thanks again Nina!  May you find some comfort in knowing how loved your sister was by her fellow Warrior's and Warriorists!

Biggest of Hugs!

Suzan AB

BarbieGirl
                                                                                            Participant

Nina, thank you for letting us know about Sharon.  I've been wondering about her since her last post. 

I'm go glad you could be there with her during her journey.  As bad as it was for both of you, it's a memory you will always treasure.

I never really got to "know" Sharon much, but read many of her posts.  During her darkest days, she always had advice or comfort to a fellow warrior here.   That, in itself, is a testament to what a beautiful and inspiring person she was.  She was very much loved around here, amongst her melanoma family.

My sincere condolences to you and all of Sharon's family and friends.  I pray God gives you comfort and peace during this difficult time.

~Lisa~

BarbieGirl
                                                                                              Participant

Nina, thank you for letting us know about Sharon.  I've been wondering about her since her last post. 

I'm go glad you could be there with her during her journey.  As bad as it was for both of you, it's a memory you will always treasure.

I never really got to "know" Sharon much, but read many of her posts.  During her darkest days, she always had advice or comfort to a fellow warrior here.   That, in itself, is a testament to what a beautiful and inspiring person she was.  She was very much loved around here, amongst her melanoma family.

My sincere condolences to you and all of Sharon's family and friends.  I pray God gives you comfort and peace during this difficult time.

~Lisa~

Laurie from maine
                                                                                                Participant

Hi,

I have been thinking of her and praying for her.  Her posts were always ones I looked for and she always helped everyone here.  I am so sorry, it is a hard thing to lose a sister and to watch her suffer.  I hope that you have her good memories to carry you forward in these hard times.

please let all the family know how loved she was by this board.

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                                                                                  Participant

Hi,

I have been thinking of her and praying for her.  Her posts were always ones I looked for and she always helped everyone here.  I am so sorry, it is a hard thing to lose a sister and to watch her suffer.  I hope that you have her good memories to carry you forward in these hard times.

please let all the family know how loved she was by this board.

laurie from maine

IrishBama
                                                                                                    Participant

Nina, I'm so sorry to hear this news.  Sharon was such an upbeat person who always encouraged everyone.  She was truly a member of this "family" and she will be very missed by so many.  She had such a great sense of humor and she always knew when to use it.   Even when she told us she was letting nature take its course she reassured everyone that she would be fine and that we should all keep fighting.  I'll never forget that.  What an amazing person she was and we're all fortunate to have had the chance to get to know her.

I hope in time that all your memories of Sharon will bring a smile to your face rather than tears.  Although we will miss her terribly it's a relief to know she is not suffering anymore.

My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

IrishBama
                                                                                                      Participant

Nina, I'm so sorry to hear this news.  Sharon was such an upbeat person who always encouraged everyone.  She was truly a member of this "family" and she will be very missed by so many.  She had such a great sense of humor and she always knew when to use it.   Even when she told us she was letting nature take its course she reassured everyone that she would be fine and that we should all keep fighting.  I'll never forget that.  What an amazing person she was and we're all fortunate to have had the chance to get to know her.

I hope in time that all your memories of Sharon will bring a smile to your face rather than tears.  Although we will miss her terribly it's a relief to know she is not suffering anymore.

My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

SusanE
                                                                                                        Participant

Nina, I am sorry for your loss. Sharon was just wonderful. She would always offer advice with such spirit. I miss her dearly on the board. It is so scary how quickly this disease can move when it wants to. Wishing you peace and Sharon's family peace. In fond memory of Sharon in Reno, Susan wife of Jerry.

SusanE
                                                                                                          Participant

Nina, I am sorry for your loss. Sharon was just wonderful. She would always offer advice with such spirit. I miss her dearly on the board. It is so scary how quickly this disease can move when it wants to. Wishing you peace and Sharon's family peace. In fond memory of Sharon in Reno, Susan wife of Jerry.

KatyWI
                                                                                                            Participant

Nina, thank you for coming here to let us know.  As you can see, we all loved Sharon.  I am sorry for your loss, but grateful she is free of the beast now.

KatyWI

KatyWI
                                                                                                              Participant

Nina, thank you for coming here to let us know.  As you can see, we all loved Sharon.  I am sorry for your loss, but grateful she is free of the beast now.

KatyWI

BethA in VA
                                                                                                                Participant

I am very sad to hear this.  I miss her.  I didn't really know her, but I looked at the responses sometimes just to see what she said.  I found strength in her positive kindness.  Prayers for you and your family.  Beth 3/B

BethA in VA
                                                                                                                  Participant

I am very sad to hear this.  I miss her.  I didn't really know her, but I looked at the responses sometimes just to see what she said.  I found strength in her positive kindness.  Prayers for you and your family.  Beth 3/B

Bonnie Lea
                                                                                                                    Participant

Dear Nina    thankyou for letting us know of Sharon's passing.  We all have been thinking  of her, and we def do appreciate you letting us know as she wished.

She will be missed, her contributions and wise words will always suddenly spring back to our minds (it will in mine for sure) Deepest Sympathy to you all.

melanomafighter
                                                                                                                        Participant

Thank you Nina, I will miss her also, I cried the last time she got on and told us goodbye and she did say that you would let us know.  She was a great comforter to me, I was new here in April and she helped answer a lot of questions.  I am sorry for your loss, deepest sympathy to you and your family….

melanomafighter
                                                                                                                          Participant

Thank you Nina, I will miss her also, I cried the last time she got on and told us goodbye and she did say that you would let us know.  She was a great comforter to me, I was new here in April and she helped answer a lot of questions.  I am sorry for your loss, deepest sympathy to you and your family….

Bonnie Lea
                                                                                                                          Participant

Dear Nina    thankyou for letting us know of Sharon's passing.  We all have been thinking  of her, and we def do appreciate you letting us know as she wished.

She will be missed, her contributions and wise words will always suddenly spring back to our minds (it will in mine for sure) Deepest Sympathy to you all.

jag
                                                                                                                            Participant

Nina, I am very sorry for your loss, Sharon was a great inspiration and a great person.  If she were a member of my family, I would be devastated.  I will say a prayer that you have the strength to deal with this.

jag
                                                                                                                              Participant

Nina, I am very sorry for your loss, Sharon was a great inspiration and a great person.  If she were a member of my family, I would be devastated.  I will say a prayer that you have the strength to deal with this.

JuleFL
                                                                                                                                Participant

Thank you, Nina.  Sharon has been in my thoughts and prayers ever since she said goodbye to us.  She was a true angel here on earth.  My heart goes out to you and your family.

Jule – wife of Cal who received his wings 10 days before Sharon

JuleFL
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Thank you, Nina.  Sharon has been in my thoughts and prayers ever since she said goodbye to us.  She was a true angel here on earth.  My heart goes out to you and your family.

Jule – wife of Cal who received his wings 10 days before Sharon

Viewing 55 reply threads
                                                                                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics