The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scan Results

Forums General Melanoma Community Scan Results

Participant

I always love to see some of my fellow melahomies post good news on here, brings a bit of hope to our world that can be full of doubts and uncertainties. 

So, yesterday I got some good news of my own after my PET/CT scan on Tuesday… the left groin that we knew for sure had a recurrence of melanoma is now showing NO ACTIVITY on the PET scan and much smaller on CT!

The other lymph nodes that had been lighting up but we didn't really know if they were lighting up because of melanoma or because of the treatment (can't go around poking my whole body with needles to find out if every area that lights up is positive for mel) are now either not lighting up at all or have much less uptake and are all smaller in size. My spleen is also back to a normal size.. it was quite enlarged at my last scan.

This is the closest to NED that I've gotten in quite a while… doc won't throw that term out there just yet, but perhaps after the next scan in a few months I'll be able to use those lovely letters again. Continuing on Nivo only infusions every other week for a year… as long as everything continues on the right path.

As far as the anemia mystery, still don't have an answer for that. I am still showing as anemic on my blood tests. No iron deficiency. Reticulocyte count is normal, so it's not hemolytic anemia. Waiting on my B12 blood test results to see if I'm deficient in that. For now, the mystery continues. But, I feel pretty good.. besides my joints making me feel like an 80 year old some days. 

Enjoy the weekend everyone, sending love and hugs to anyone who needs a little extra right now.

Viewing 24 reply threads
    • Replies
        casagrayson
        Participant

Great news, Jenn!  Enjoy the almost NED status!!

Scooby123
          Participant

Great news Jen so please for you Hun.

Scooby❤️

iskitwo
            Participant

Great news! Always good to hear a positive update!!

maperny
              Participant

Excellent news for you, Jenn!!!

Maria

jennunicorn
                  Participant

Thank you Maria, I hope Juan is doing well and got to enjoy time in the mountains.

debwray
                  Participant

Go Girl … Love a bit of good news…hope you are on that NED train at thenext scan stop..and that anemia gets sorted real soon and joint pains to boot….

Feels like you are lighting a path with candles of hope for the rest of us….

Hugs back to you too- we all need them sometimes…

Really pleased

Deb

xx

jenny22
                    Participant

OH jenn- that is great news…..enjoy it!!!!!

Really happy for you.

jennunicorn
                        Participant

Thank you Jenny, so happy to hear of your good scan news recently too 🙂

Aloha14
                        Participant

Great to hear your good news!

jennunicorn
                            Participant

Thank you! Hope you are healing well.

mdoh
                            Participant

This is exactly why I read posts. Such great news! Good for you.

Anonymous
                              Inactive

Excellent news, Jenn!

jennunicorn
                                  Participant

Thank you, these drugs can be pretty awesome!

NSNewf
                                  Participant

I agree it is great to see encouraging news on this site and I am so pleased you get to deliver it about yourself!

Keep it up

Doug

Bubbles
                                    Participant

Fabulous, Jenn!!!  I feel certain that your anemia is related to your immunotherapy.  A dear one of mine dealt with that a fair bit!!  At least your immunotherapy is serving its purpose!!!  All of this just in time for my favorite day of the year – March Forth!!!  Go forth and live!!!  Enjoy!!!  c

jennunicorn
                                        Participant

Thank you Celeste! When I got home from my infusion yesterday there was a delivery waiting for me.. it's a sweatshirt that says "Get Busy Living".. pretty good timing I would say!

Bubbles
                                          Participant

Love it!!! c

Mamapegela
                                          Participant

Such wonderful news!  Thank you for spreading the sunshine.  I hope the anemia mystery gets solved…

Peggy

Polymath
                                            Participant

That's great news Jenn.  Love that you are kick'in mel's butt.  

Gary

jennunicorn
                                                Participant

Thanks Gary, hope you're feelin good now that you don't have that cantaloupe in you anymore 🙂

BrianP
                                                Participant

Awesome Jenn.  Those kind of results make the aches and pains a little easier to take.  Put on the new sweatshirt and go have a great weekend!

Mark_DC
                                                  Participant

Great news Jen,you are always cool and positive

and a great help for others here too, always ready to give advice and support where you can

good luck (and to the other regulars here) Mark

SABKLYN
                                                    Participant

Very good news Jenn!   Thanks for the (positive) update!!

MichelleRHG
                                                      Participant
                                                        Truly happy for you!
                                                          jennunicorn
                                                          Participant

Thank you Michelle, hope Ipi is treating you well

keepthefaith11
                                                          Participant
                                                            Jenn, fantastic news!! So happy to hear this!

Annie

jennunicorn
                                                              Participant

Thank you Annie, I keep positive thoughts for your dad so we can hear some good news from you too

Casitas1
                                                              Participant

Outstanding!!!!!

vickiaa0529
                                                                Participant

Hi Jen

Awesome News!!!

you made my night! 

Sending celebration hugs from Vicki in Seattle 

jennunicorn
                                                                    Participant

Thanks Vicki! Hugs back!

Mat
                                                                    Participant

Jenn, great news!  If the joint issues are due to inflammation, try steroid shots like Kenalog.

jennunicorn
                                                                        Participant

Thanks Mat, my onc and I are kind of waiting to see if it gets worse. Right now I can still do regular activities, so I personally don't want to add more drugs to my list, but if it starts interfering with regular activities then I will bring that up to her.

Sam33
                                                                        Participant

Wonderful news! I wish it will never come back again. 

JustJaren
                                                                          Participant

Congrats!  I follow you fairly closely as you decided not to do the CLND and I made the same decision. 

Of course, not everyone is the same, but you are the only one that posts often that has a similar situation. 

This news makes me HAPPY! 

Momofjake
                                                                            Participant

Celebrate every victory!! I need to post a Jake update:) Prayers for your body to kick every bit of that beast!! 

Kerri

jennunicorn
                                                                                Participant

Thank you so much Kerri. I have been thinking about Jake a lot lately, always keeping good thoughts for him.

Momofjake
                                                                                Participant

Celebrate every victory!! I need to post a Jake update:) Prayers for your body to kick every bit of that beast!! 

Kerri

Viewing 24 reply threads
                                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics