The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scan Day

Forums General Melanoma Community Scan Day

Participant

Ive got CT chest/neck today. Not feeling as confident about scans in past after 3rd surgery due to recurrence in cheek after combo of ipi and il-2. Send good vibes…I've got a major case of scanxiety!!!

Josh

Viewing 32 reply threads
    • Replies
        Eileensulliv
        Participant

Saying some prayers and sending lots of good vibes to you!!! Hoping for good scans!!

Eileensulliv
          Participant

Saying some prayers and sending lots of good vibes to you!!! Hoping for good scans!!

Eileensulliv
            Participant

kpcollins31
              Participant

Good luck today – none of us look forward to scan days.

Kevin

kpcollins31
                Participant

Kevin

kpcollins31
                  Participant

Kevin

jenny22
                    Participant

Hi Josh- Sending LOTS of good thoughts!!!!! Looking  forward to hearing good news!

Let us know!

jenny

jenny22
                      Participant

Hi Josh- Sending LOTS of good thoughts!!!!! Looking  forward to hearing good news!

Let us know!

jenny

jenny22
                        Participant

Let us know!

jenny

sweetaugust
                          Participant

Scanxiety gets to all of us.  It's not easy.  Just take several deep breaths to help stop the anxiety that is currently happening and try and remember that worrying does absolutely nothing good for you.  Think of funny things or watch some funny videos while you wait in the waiting room.  Anything to pull your mind from that bad place.  🙂 

And another thought too….After my last scans showed several items that all sounded real bad….like that it appeared that my intestines were collapsing and that I had a few spots show up that looked like they could be more metastic disease….after further endoscopy testing….there was absolutely nothing there and all biopsies came back totally healthy.  So I wasted a couple weeks on that worry…all for nothing.   

It's not fun being us…so I wish you the best of luck and I hope someone is there to make today an easier day.  🙂  Laurie

sweetaugust
                            Participant

Scanxiety gets to all of us.  It's not easy.  Just take several deep breaths to help stop the anxiety that is currently happening and try and remember that worrying does absolutely nothing good for you.  Think of funny things or watch some funny videos while you wait in the waiting room.  Anything to pull your mind from that bad place.  🙂 

And another thought too….After my last scans showed several items that all sounded real bad….like that it appeared that my intestines were collapsing and that I had a few spots show up that looked like they could be more metastic disease….after further endoscopy testing….there was absolutely nothing there and all biopsies came back totally healthy.  So I wasted a couple weeks on that worry…all for nothing.   

It's not fun being us…so I wish you the best of luck and I hope someone is there to make today an easier day.  🙂  Laurie

sweetaugust
                              Participant

_Paul_
                                Participant

I'm wishing and praying for the best possible outcome for you Josh. Hang in there man!

_Paul_
                                  Participant

I'm wishing and praying for the best possible outcome for you Josh. Hang in there man!

_Paul_
                                    Participant

mary1233
                                      Participant

Josh – I wish you the best, but I want to share something my oncologist said to me when he called me to tell me that my scans were clear.

He said (paraphrasing) and even if they weren't, there are many, many things that we can try. The knowledge base is increasing exponentially.

But I hope your scans are clear, nonetheless.

Mary

mary1233
                                        Participant

Josh – I wish you the best, but I want to share something my oncologist said to me when he called me to tell me that my scans were clear.

He said (paraphrasing) and even if they weren't, there are many, many things that we can try. The knowledge base is increasing exponentially.

Mary

mary1233
                                          Participant

Mary

arthurjedi007
                                            Participant

Good luck Josh. I've got my next pet scan on the 20th. Scanxiety is soooo much not fun.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                              Participant

Good luck Josh. I've got my next pet scan on the 20th. Scanxiety is soooo much not fun.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                                Participant

Artie

Mat
                                                  Participant

I guess April is scan month. I have mine in a week or so too. I had my scanxiety under good control, but this will be my first scan since progression and my first on PD-1–so I suspect that it will be back in full force. Good luck Josh and Artie!

Mat
                                                    Participant

I guess April is scan month. I have mine in a week or so too. I had my scanxiety under good control, but this will be my first scan since progression and my first on PD-1–so I suspect that it will be back in full force. Good luck Josh and Artie!

Mat
                                                      Participant

JoshF
                                                        Participant

Thank you all for the support and good tidings!!!! Scan was good and nothing showed up so that is great news!! My onc also said to echo Mary that in the event something does pop up in future, we have options and the research is moving so fast that more is in the pipeline than ever. Wishing you all well and thanks for support and encouragment, this forum and the people have been a blessing.

Josh

JoshF
                                                          Participant

Thank you all for the support and good tidings!!!! Scan was good and nothing showed up so that is great news!! My onc also said to echo Mary that in the event something does pop up in future, we have options and the research is moving so fast that more is in the pipeline than ever. Wishing you all well and thanks for support and encouragment, this forum and the people have been a blessing.

Josh

Jewel
                                                              Participant

Awesome news Josh!

Jewel
                                                                Participant

Awesome news Josh!

Jewel
                                                                  Participant

Awesome news Josh!

dentholla
                                                                    Participant

Great news Josh – glad to hear it!

dentholla
                                                                      Participant

dentholla
                                                                        Participant

arthurjedi007
                                                                          Participant

That's good Josh.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                                                            Participant

That's good Josh.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                                                              Participant

That's good Josh.

Artie

_Paul_
                                                                                Participant

Awesome news Josh!

_Paul_
                                                                                  Participant

Awesome news Josh!

_Paul_
                                                                                    Participant

Awesome news Josh!

Rebecca and Bob
                                                                                      Participant

Sorry just saw this below. Great news!

Rebecca

JoshF
                                                                                        Participant

Thanks Rebecca!!! I was going to email you this past weekend. Glad you saw post.

josh

JoshF
                                                                                          Participant

Thanks Rebecca!!! I was going to email you this past weekend. Glad you saw post.

josh

JoshF
                                                                                            Participant

josh

Rebecca and Bob
                                                                                              Participant

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                                                                                                Participant

Rebecca

jenny22
                                                                                                  Participant

So happy to read yur great news!!!! Heres to many more clean scans!

congrats again on your good news josh.

jenny22
                                                                                                    Participant

jenny22
                                                                                                      Participant

Jahendry12
                                                                                                        Participant

Awesome news!!! Celebrate!

Jahendry12
                                                                                                          Participant

Jahendry12
                                                                                                            Participant

JoshF
                                                                                                            Participant

Josh

Rebecca and Bob
                                                                                                              Participant

Hi Josh,

Just saw this, hope you get good news. It is very stressful, sorry you are going through this.  We will be thinking of you.

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                                                                                                                Participant

Hi Josh,

Just saw this, hope you get good news. It is very stressful, sorry you are going through this.  We will be thinking of you.

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                                                                                                                  Participant

Hi Josh,

Rebecca

Jahendry12
                                                                                                                    Participant

So happy about the good news. Enjoy life!

Jahendry12
                                                                                                                      Participant

Jahendry12
                                                                                                                        Participant

Viewing 32 reply threads
                                                                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics