The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Saw Dr. Hamid!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Saw Dr. Hamid!!

Participant
      Hi ya’all!! WhoHoo! I met the Prophet of Immunal Warfare, the Melanoma Big Dog of The West Coast and i AM IN GOOD HANDS! that Dr. Jang cat (@ Kaiser Riverside) lied to me saying there was No Clinical Trials for me! But anyways, did blood work to see if my Melanoma is a candidate for Immtac (Immunocore) a British made drug. I have a 50/50 chance im eligible, ill know in 2 weeks or less. Speaking of Clinical trial, i signed up for one, a Phase 1b/11 open label Multi Center study of the Saftey & Efficacy of IMCgp100 in combination with Durvalumab (MED14736) or Tremelimumab or the combo of Durvalumab and Tremelimumab compared to IMCgp100 alone in patients with advanced Melanoma (me!!).
      His team is working on my insurance to turn it around to straight Medi-Cal that they take, it could take up to 90 days, but around 40 to 60 days more so, thank GOD for the added “Leeway” money for i come back next week for a visit, and most likely after that but hes working with my broke Melanoma butt! He wrote up a script for a CBC panel, Brain MRI and CT scan to give my Kaiser Onco, ill get those done ASAP! Dr. Hamid was VERY CARING! i got in my gown and he looked and felt over my diseased body with compassion with his assistant and felt on my now baseball size tumor, he rested his hand around my neck as he spoke to my wife & i, even Hillary picked up on his compassion. Im in good hands guys, and YOU made it happen, my wife to, you ALL made it happen and im grateful beyond texted words! Ill get back on here later, time to eat im STARVED ! Haha…love ya guys…always have waaaay before things got serious..
    Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        Becky
        Participant
          I don’t post much…but have been checking back all day to see how you appt went….so glad you found a caring team to steer you in the right direction!
          Ellie_82
          Participant
            This is wonderful news, Mike. That trial looks interesting. It is open label, meaning that they know which drugs you receive. I wonder if you can request to be in the group that receives all 3. That’s what I would have wanted lol 🙂 Anyway, I am wishing you all the best!
            MelMel
            Participant
              So terrific that there are more viable options available to you and that you have a true expert fighting for you and on your team. All of this must be such a relief to you.
              Melanie
              Cindy Lou
              Participant
                Great news, Mike! So good to hear! Keep up the fight, Bro!
                BillB
                Participant
                  Congrats, it’s got to feel great to have a PLAN again!
                  Bill
                  Casitas1
                  Participant
                    Atta boy Mike! Well done! Best, Paul
                    studiodad
                    Participant
                      Really happy for you Mike and wish you the best. No one should go through your ordeal and have the added financial stress because our health care system remains a for profit industry. Your choices should be which treatment is best for your medical condition, not which is affordable. Dr. Hamid seems to understand this. You were lucky to find him.
                      MarkR
                      Participant
                        Hi Mike
                        Been checking all day for your update and so pleased you have some options. I have read about both options you have mentioned and hope they give you the chance you deserve.
                        Hoping all goes well
                        Mark
                        Rond
                        Participant
                          That’s great news Mike, I’ve been following your progress too, and so happy to hear it went well!
                          You give us all hope.
                          BethL
                          Participant
                            Mike- this is such great news! I’m so glad Dr H is working so hard and compassionately for you! He’s your guy!! And you are ours!
                            Keep fighting – whatever it takes, we have your back.
                            -bethl
                            Affected
                            Participant
                              Hi Mike,

I’m really happy about the news. Since my husband’s melanoma diagnosis on my birthday this year, there hasn’t been a day that I haven’t cried, most days in the shower or in the kitchen when everyone is asleep at night. I’m so terribly weak. I’m crying now, but I’m so so so happy, really happy to hear your news!!!!! Genuine tears of joy!! Thank you so so much for sharing and making me feel the sensation of happiness once again. I wish you all the best with this new treatment plan.

Affected

marta010
                              Participant
                                Mike – glad you have a plan or two! Way to go!
                                Ann
                                Linny
                                Participant
                                  You’re a classic textbook example of what “don’t give up” can accomplish. I hope others who’ve had similar experiences will see your post and can draw inspiration from you.

Not all facilities offer all clinical trials. So perhaps Kaiser Riverside was one of them? But anyway, you don’t need a jerk for a doctor. Going to see Dr. Hamid was definitely the right thing to do. You now have someone ready to go to battle with you on the front lines and I am so happy for you! God bless!

SABKLYN
                                  Participant
                                    Great doctors are not only highly competent practitioners, but also have compassion Very happy you found your way to Dr. Hamid…truly a great one!
                                    Dwarla
                                    Participant
                                      Hey Mike!
                                      I’m so happy that you finally saw Dr. Hamid!!! He sounds great and I know he will do all he can for you. Just their attitude and demeanor can make us feel 100% better! I’m just speechless…. all I can say is how happy I am for you!!!
                                      Bubbles
                                      Participant
                                        AWESOME!!! So glad a plan is being formulated. So glad you are in the hands of a smart and caring melanoma team! Bout time!! You deserve it!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! c
                                        mandyjill
                                        Participant
                                          So, so happy for you Mike. I had a CAT scan and oncology appointment this morning, but got on here as fast as I could just to see how your appointment went. HOPE!
                                          Amanda
                                          jbronicki
                                          Participant
                                            Wheeeewwwwwwww…..sigh of relief. So glad you saw Dr. Hamid Mike and there is a valid game plan. You can’t fake the type of compassion that Dr. Hamid has and it is beautiful combination to have his medical mind AND compassion. I can’t wait to watch Ed’s informational video on the drug involved in the clinical trial you are going to be part of, so proud of you! Mike, we will just keep sending the universe thoughts to turn this ship around 🙂
                                            jbronicki
                                            Participant
                                              Wheeeewwwwwwww…..sigh of relief. So glad you saw Dr. Hamid Mike and there is a valid game plan. You can’t fake the type of compassion that Dr. Hamid has and it is beautiful combination to have his medical mind AND compassion. I can’t wait to watch Ed’s informational video on the drug involved in the clinical trial you are going to be part of, so proud of you! Mike, we will just keep sending the universe thoughts to turn this ship around 🙂
                                              lkb
                                              Participant
                                                Right on, Mike! Keep the news coming!
                                                Gene_S
                                                Participant
                                                  Mike that is great news. Sounds like you have a great melanoma doctor now.

My husbands oncologist sent my husband to another doctor before he got on his clinical trial for another medication that they did not offer at his site.

Here is hoping things work out well for you.

Judy (loving wife of Gene)

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics