The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

RIP my beloved Shane

Forums General Melanoma Community RIP my beloved Shane

Participant

Shane left this world at 13:20 est. I'm beyond devasted. 

Janis

Viewing 30 reply threads
    • Replies
        sister of patient
        Participant

I'm just crushed for you Janis … and for Shane, your family. May peace find its way to you quickly.

Barb

Jenine
            Participant

Oh Janis.   Words cannot express how sorry I am for your heart breaking loss.   I will keep you in my prayers.   God bless you and allow you to find peace.  XO

Jenine

Cindyco
            Participant

I'm so sorry to read this.  Prayers for peace and comfort to you and your family.

momof4boys
              Participant

Janis…so sorry. You guys have been through so much. I'm sure you are exhausted. I've never lost my spouse, but I did lose my mom to cancer. All I can say to you is take it one day at a time. They same time heals wounds and they are sort of right. I don't know that you'll ever heal but hopefully time will at least give you some peace. Also Janis, I for one have gotten used to reading your posts so please check back in with us and let everyone know how you're doing.

Prayers to you and your family

Rachel

Marksa2570
                Participant

I'm so sorry for your loss.   Ive read how hard this has been for you.     I wish you and your family peace during this difficult time.    

cancersnewnormal
                  Participant

I'm so sorry Janis. 🙁  I can't imagine your pain. Wishing you strength to get through.

ToddG
                    Participant

My condolences…and prayers for you!

I hate this f'n cancer and what it does to families!

I appreciate how strong you are and what a fighter and caregiver you have been!

Blessings to you!

Todd

jennunicorn
                      Participant

I am so sorry Janis. You've been so incredibly strong through all of this. My thoughts are with you.

Julie in SoCal
                        Participant

Janis,

May you come to find Shane in your love, and there find peace.

Shalom,

Julie

Coragirl
                          Participant

I am so sorry,my heart is breaking for you.I hope you will be able to find comfort in the coming months. I will be praying for you.

Nick C
                            Participant

Janis, I am so sorry to hear this. Know that you and your family are in my thoughtsand in my prayers

Christine.P
                              Participant

I am so very sorry, Janis. Wishing you and your family any peace you can find during this devastating time. 

Rita and Charles
                                Participant

My heart goes out to you, I lost my husband on February 1 and one week from tomorrow is the official funeral back East.  We live in CA and had a celebration of life, all a blur now, late February………like Shane, his brain so full the only thing that they could try was full brain radiation.  He died on the last day of his 10 day appointment, in our home, in my arms.  I hate this disease, and the pain it leaves behind, I wish you well in your new journey.  The road is so hard………..

Rita

Momofjake
                                    Participant

Thinking about you Rita. 

Kerri

So sorry for your loss.  I hope you can find peace.

Jennifer

KMick
                                    Participant

Janis, I am so sorry for your loss.  I have followed your postings and had hoped Shane would somehow beat this.  Again, I am so sorry.

Jahendry12
                                      Participant

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm so very sorry. 

casagrayson
                                        Participant

There are just no words left.  Too many have left us.  You were such a strong presence for him, Janis.  You gave him your all.

Momofjake
                                          Participant

Janis, we truly mourn with you. 

Kerri

Bubbles
                                            Participant

I am so sorry, Janis. Shane was lucky to have you as his love and caregiver.  c

AliCat61
                                              Participant

I am so very sorry for your loss. If you ever need to talk or vent I'm here. I can imagine the depth of your pain as the possibility of losing my husband is overwhelmingly painful to me. I can't allow myself to even think about it right now, as I am focused on beating this. May we will, maybe we won't, but I can't even allow myself to think about it If I am going to be helpful to him and positive. I will fall apart later.  Please know that I am praying for God to give you peace and comfort. If you ever want or need to talk I have an open ear. 

maperny
                                                Participant

So sorry for your loss, Janis.  This is so hard, I know.  Try to take comfort that you were an amzing support for Shane and he knew and felt that, you were there the whole way with him and he left this world bathed in your love.

Maria

Patrisa
                                                  Participant

Dear Janis, i'm  so sorry for your loss… I know it's devastating to loose a love of your life, but take comfort in knowing you loved him all the way and was the best caregiver for him… I wish you and your family healing and peace…

Love,

Patrisa

betsyl
                                                    Participant

So sorry for your loss. Peace be with you and your family.

SABKLYN
                                                      Participant

So sorry for your loss. 

Maureen038
                                                          Participant

Janis,

I have read your posts from the beginning and I'm so terribly sorry for your loss of Shane. Your love and care for him was so apparent!!!The recent losses of Josh and other wonderful people has been so disheartening. My prayers are with you and your family.

Maureen

Shannon B
                                                          Participant

Condolences to you and yours.

~Shannon 

Linny
                                                            Participant

So sorry to hear of Shane's passing. I am struggling to find words to express how saddened I am to hear this. Both of you fought this so hard. You were a wonderful advocate for Shane. Praying for your family's peace and comfort during this sad time.

zfishberg
                                                                Participant

I just posted similar sad news about Greg. I was following your posts closely because both, Shane and Greg, had similar metastasis location and symptoms/ decease progression pattern.

Unfortunately, treating the brain is one of the most challenging areas in melanoma treatment.

Let them both RIP.

And l am sure that with current progression in research of new methods, clinical studies and brilliant scientists the success in melanoma treatmemt will reach higher percentage in the nearest future

Patina
                                                                Participant

Janis,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and the difficulties that Shane has had. It breaks my heart to hear that someone else has pass after a heroic battle.

Jubes
                                                                  Participant

How devastating. Thank you for sharing everything with us   

Anne-Louise

marta010
                                                                    Participant

Janis – may you find peace in memories of happier days.  I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved husband.  You provided such strong and loving care to Shane and are an inspiration to all caregivers.

Ann

RitysMom
                                                                      Participant

Janis, my heart is breaking for you. I have so appreciated your openness and honesty in sharing your journey. I pray now that your heart finds peace and comfort.

jenny22
                                                                        Participant

Janis- I am so very sorry for your loss….it was a diffcult road and i was so hopnig for different end for shane.

PLease  accept my most scine condolences……only time wlll help, and keeping those memories close!

all my best,

jenny

jbronicki
                                                                          Participant

Oh Janis, it's so hard to read this since your love for Shane was so palpable through all the posts.  My deepest condolences to you and to Shane and your families.  Many many hugs to you for all you did for Shane, it was amazing to read about.

Viewing 30 reply threads
                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics