The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

RIP Dad

Forums General Melanoma Community RIP Dad

Participant

I don't often talk about my father here, but melanoma has claimed another warrior today.  At age 89, he was luckier than most that melanoma entered his life in his early 80's.  He fought cancer his own way.  The one advantage to being old is that all cells grow slower – even melanoma.  RIP Dad!

Viewing 68 reply threads
    • Replies
        casagrayson
        Participant

I'm very sorry for your loss, Janner.  He couldn't have asked for a better partner to help him deal with this beast.

casagrayson
          Participant

I'm very sorry for your loss, Janner.  He couldn't have asked for a better partner to help him deal with this beast.

casagrayson
            Participant

Jahendry12
              Participant

I'm so sorry for your loss Janner. Your father was very lucky to have you as his advocate.  Keep the memories of your dad close to your heart. 

Julie 

Jahendry12
                Participant

I'm so sorry for your loss Janner. Your father was very lucky to have you as his advocate.  Keep the memories of your dad close to your heart. 

Julie 

Jahendry12
                  Participant

Julie 

Bubbles
                    Participant

Dear Janner,

So sorry for your loss and the difficulties that must have led to this moment.  Holding you and yours in my heart.  Celeste

Bubbles
                      Participant

Dear Janner,

So sorry for your loss and the difficulties that must have led to this moment.  Holding you and yours in my heart.  Celeste

Bubbles
                        Participant

Dear Janner,

POW
                          Participant

Oh, Janner, I am so sorry for your loss. I knew that your father had been battling melanoma for several years but I didn't realize it had progressed this far.

I always admired the way that you respected him enough to let him make his own decisions about how he wanted to live his life and treat his disease. I'm sure you were ready with advice about the newest developments in the field if he wanted them, but you were wise enough not to push your beliefs on him. 

You were a good an loving daughter to him and he was very lucky to have you in his corner. I hope that you have a strong circle of family and friends who can comfort and assist you during this time of grief.

POW
                            Participant

Oh, Janner, I am so sorry for your loss. I knew that your father had been battling melanoma for several years but I didn't realize it had progressed this far.

I always admired the way that you respected him enough to let him make his own decisions about how he wanted to live his life and treat his disease. I'm sure you were ready with advice about the newest developments in the field if he wanted them, but you were wise enough not to push your beliefs on him. 

You were a good an loving daughter to him and he was very lucky to have you in his corner. I hope that you have a strong circle of family and friends who can comfort and assist you during this time of grief.

POW
                              Participant

GAngel
                                Participant

I am very sorry for your loss. May you be comforted knowing that your father is resting in peace in the loving arms of our Heavvenly Father. God bless you and yours.

Gina

GAngel
                                  Participant

I am very sorry for your loss. May you be comforted knowing that your father is resting in peace in the loving arms of our Heavvenly Father. God bless you and yours.

Gina

GAngel
                                    Participant

Gina

Fen
                                      Participant

I'm so sorry, Janner.  Deepest sympathy.    Fen

Fen
                                        Participant

Fen
                                          Participant

Colleen66
                                            Participant

I'm so sorry to hear this.  My hope is that you have lots of good memories of him.

Colleen

Colleen66
                                              Participant

I'm so sorry to hear this.  My hope is that you have lots of good memories of him.

Colleen

Colleen66
                                                Participant

Colleen

MoCedar
                                                  Participant

Dear Janner,  I am so sorry for your loss. They say that family and friends await the departed but I take comfort in thinking that all our Warriors will be there to greet your brave father and raise a glass to him for a well fought battle and a warm thank to him for his special daughter who helped so many of them battle the beast. My deepest sympathy.  Mo

MoCedar
                                                    Participant

Dear Janner,  I am so sorry for your loss. They say that family and friends await the departed but I take comfort in thinking that all our Warriors will be there to greet your brave father and raise a glass to him for a well fought battle and a warm thank to him for his special daughter who helped so many of them battle the beast. My deepest sympathy.  Mo

MoCedar
                                                      Participant

Hugs,comfort and peace Jan. Mary

Tina D
                                                        Participant

Janner, I am sorry for your loss and for the difficulties and challenges of  the journey. You add so much to this community, and I know your knowledge is always so willingly shared. May you find comfort this day and love of those around you. 

Tina

Tina D
                                                          Participant

Janner, I am sorry for your loss and for the difficulties and challenges of  the journey. You add so much to this community, and I know your knowledge is always so willingly shared. May you find comfort this day and love of those around you. 

Tina

vivian
                                                              Participant

So very sorry, Janner!  You have been such a comfort to so many of us here, I hope now you can take comfort in knowing how many people are holding you and your family in the light.

Lear

vivian
                                                                Participant

So very sorry, Janner!  You have been such a comfort to so many of us here, I hope now you can take comfort in knowing how many people are holding you and your family in the light.

Lear

vivian
                                                                  Participant

Lear

Tina D
                                                                  Participant

Tina

washoegal
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      Janner,
                                                                      My condolences. Your father fought mel in his own way and you respected that. I know you will miss him but he no longer suffers and I believe you will be reunited.
                                                                      Mary
                                                                      washoegal
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        Janner,
                                                                        My condolences. Your father fought mel in his own way and you respected that. I know you will miss him but he no longer suffers and I believe you will be reunited.
                                                                        Mary
                                                                        washoegal
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          Janner,
                                                                          Mary
                                                                          nancyg
                                                                          Participant

So sorry… Praying for your Dad, you and your family… God Bless!

nancyg
                                                                            Participant

nancyg
                                                                              Participant

paul
                                                                                Participant

Aloha Janner, 

Sorry to hear of your loss. May your father rest in peace. All the best to you and your family.

Paul

paul
                                                                                  Participant

Aloha Janner, 

Sorry to hear of your loss. May your father rest in peace. All the best to you and your family.

Paul

paul
                                                                                    Participant

Aloha Janner, 

Paul

BrianP
                                                                                      Participant

Prayers go out to you and your family Janner.  Sorry for your loss.

Brian

BrianP
                                                                                        Participant

Brian

BrianP
                                                                                          Participant

Brian

Marianne quinn
                                                                                            Participant

Sorry for your loss and thank you for all your support  for us all, patients and their loved ones

Marianne quinn
                                                                                              Participant

Sorry for your loss and thank you for all your support  for us all, patients and their loved ones

Marianne quinn
                                                                                                Participant

hbecker
                                                                                                  Participant

so sorry, Janner. Will be thinking of you.

Hazel

hbecker
                                                                                                    Participant

Hazel

hbecker
                                                                                                      Participant

Hazel

Kim K
                                                                                                        Participant

Oh Janner, I am so sorry for your loss, but know your dad is at peace.

I know the last several months have been very difficult for you and your family, hopefully this will allow time to heal.  You and your dad have gone through so much.

Hugs,

Kim

Kim K
                                                                                                          Participant

I know the last several months have been very difficult for you and your family, hopefully this will allow time to heal.  You and your dad have gone through so much.

Hugs,

Kim

Kim K
                                                                                                            Participant

Hugs,

Kim

Maureen038
                                                                                                                Participant

I am terribly sorry for your loss Janner. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Thank you too for all the support you give on this forum! 

Maureen

Maureen038
                                                                                                                  Participant

I am terribly sorry for your loss Janner. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Thank you too for all the support you give on this forum! 

Maureen

Maureen038
                                                                                                                    Participant

Maureen

I bet he was so proud of you Janner, he stayed around for the extra years just to brag about you. 

I bet he was so proud of you Janner, he stayed around for the extra years just to brag about you. 

kpcollins31
                                                                                                                    Participant

Sorry to hear about this, Janner. I will be thinking of you and your family.

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                                                                                                      Participant

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                                                                                                        Participant

Kevin

mwcollins
                                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                                            Praying for you and your family! I am so very sorry for your loss.
                                                                                                                            Megan
                                                                                                                            mwcollins
                                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                                              Megan
                                                                                                                              mwcollins
                                                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                                                Megan
                                                                                                                                Janner
                                                                                                                                Participant

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words!

Janner

Janner
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Janner

Janner
                                                                                                                                    Participant

Janner

deardad
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Janner,

Sorry to hear that sad news.

Nahmi from Melbourne.

deardad
                                                                                                                                        Participant

Janner,

Nahmi from Melbourne.

deardad
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Janner,

Nahmi from Melbourne.

LibbyinVA
                                                                                                                                            Participant

I am so sorry to hear about your father, Janner. Your presence here on this support site has helped countless melanoma warriors, including me. Your father could not have had a better ally in his battle against melanoma. He must be incredibly proud of you. May he rest in peace and may you find strength and comfort from all those you have helped and continue to help.

Libby

LibbyinVA
                                                                                                                                              Participant

I am so sorry to hear about your father, Janner. Your presence here on this support site has helped countless melanoma warriors, including me. Your father could not have had a better ally in his battle against melanoma. He must be incredibly proud of you. May he rest in peace and may you find strength and comfort from all those you have helped and continue to help.

Libby

LibbyinVA
                                                                                                                                                Participant

Libby

Viewing 68 reply threads
                                                                                                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics