The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

ONE full year NED!

Forums General Melanoma Community ONE full year NED!

Participant

Hello everyone!

There are a lot of new names and faces on this board since I was diagnosed in March of 2015 stage IIIB. Quick summary of my journey – I tried some serious lifestyle changes, but unfortunately progressed to Stage IIIC and had a CLND of my left groin in Dec. 2015 followed by Interferon. I continued to progress, and went on the Ipi/Nivo combo last spring (while leaving in one of the in-transits). My latests clear scan means that I'm one full year being NED – HOORAY!!! I can't believe its been a year!

I had lots of different side effects and I feel like I tried it all on this wild ride. It's a roller coaster for sure. Cancer is a curse, but at the same time, it's changed my life in so many ways that I wouldn't change my journey one bit. It truly made me realize that EVERY DAY is a blessing and I'm more grateful than ever.

To all those who are still fighting – keep up the good fight! Having melanoma tests your faith in everything – God, family, life, who you are, the whole shebang. Keep the faith. Keep fighting. Give it hell. And before you know it, YOU will be the one here writting about being one year NED! 

Wishing everyone here health and happiness!

Lauren

Viewing 15 reply threads
    • Replies
        jennunicorn
        Participant

Good to hear from you Lauren, and CONGRATS!! 

WithinMySkin
            Participant

Thanks, Jenn! Hope you're still kicking butt with the maintenance doses! 

Mamapegela
            Participant

Such great news!  It is always encouraging to hear people making it through tough times to NED.  All the best to you.

Peggy

WithinMySkin
                Participant

Thanks, Peggy! All the best to you as well! 

Casitas1
                Participant

Outstanding! Welcome to the club!

Best, Paul

WithinMySkin
                    Participant

Glad to be in the club, Paul! Thanks! 

sister of patient
                    Participant

Excellent news – and what a lovely spirit you have Lauren!! Best wishes always!

Barb

WithinMySkin
                        Participant

Thank you, Barb! Best wishes to you in your journey! 

Sharon93065
                        Participant

Thank you for sharing.  Gives the rest of us all hope.  In 10 days i get my 4th and final Opdivo/Yervoy.  I can't believe I've made it this far.  I've read where so many had such severe side effects they couldn't make it to the 4th.  Of course i have to get my blood work next week.  Other than fatique i feel really good.  My friends looks and me and cannot believe I have what i call my 'conditon.' I don't want to call it the other C word.  How dare it invade my body!  God has been good.  So many praying for me.

Thank you for sharing and listening.

WithinMySkin
                            Participant

I'll be praying for a smooth 4th infusion for you as well, Sharon! Hang in there! 

CindyJ
                            Participant

Congrats Lauren, such great inspirational news!!!

WithinMySkin
                                Participant

Thank you! I remember frantically scanning the board and seeing very few positive posts while going through treatment. But those few posts warmed my heart to know that it could be me one day. I hope to always post about NED milestones to let others know it's possible! 

guynamedbilly
                                Participant

Congratulations! I can't imagine the relief you must feel.  I start my first injections in a week and a half.  Can't wait for my first anniversary.

sgreenberg
                                  Participant

Congrats!

Polymath
                                    Participant

Great news Lauren, may the NED be with always!

Gary

Jahendry12
                                      Participant

Congrats Lauren!!!  Wishing you many many more years with NED!!!

Julie in SoCal
                                        Participant

Excellent!  This is good news and worthy of a happy dance or two!

Thanks for sharing!

Julie

jenny22
                                          Participant

Congratulations Lauren…..no better words you could have heard!  May it last forever!!!

Wishing you all the best…..

Jenny

Congratulations!  It's so good to hear your news!

WithinMySkin
                                            Participant
                                              Thanks so much, everyone! This board is such an amazing support group – you are ALL in my thought and prayers!

Lauren

Hukill
                                              Participant

Congratulations!!!!!

melanomafighter
                                                Participant

Congrats!

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics