The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

My son lost his battle…

Forums General Melanoma Community My son lost his battle…

Participant

I am very sad to say that my son Erik laid aside his battle with this insideous disease on May 22nd. There are no words to express the pain we are all feeling right now. He was truly an amazing young man right up until his last breath. Never had even a slight moment of self pity, anger or complaints. He spoke with each of his brothers, myself and his dad and said some beautiful things to us. He had his uncle organize a meal for all of the family from Outback, a tradition we have for birthdays, graduations, etc..and we all ate together in his hospital room.

I am very sad to say that my son Erik laid aside his battle with this insideous disease on May 22nd. There are no words to express the pain we are all feeling right now. He was truly an amazing young man right up until his last breath. Never had even a slight moment of self pity, anger or complaints. He spoke with each of his brothers, myself and his dad and said some beautiful things to us. He had his uncle organize a meal for all of the family from Outback, a tradition we have for birthdays, graduations, etc..and we all ate together in his hospital room.

He will be missed. I love you Erik..

Kim

Viewing 37 reply threads
    • Replies
        FormerCaregiver
        Participant

Very sorry to read this. You have my deepest sympathy and my heart is truly saddened.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
          Participant

Very sorry to read this. You have my deepest sympathy and my heart is truly saddened.

Frank from Australia

lhaley
            Participant

Kim,

I am so sad to hear of your loss. Erik sounds like a very special son and I'm sure has given you many beautiful memories.  He is free from pain and his spirit will always be with you. 

Linda

lhaley
              Participant

Kim,

I am so sad to hear of your loss. Erik sounds like a very special son and I'm sure has given you many beautiful memories.  He is free from pain and his spirit will always be with you. 

Linda

Carol Taylor
                Participant

Kim,

I'm so sorry Erik, and all of you, had to fight this fight, but he fought like a true warrior. From what you write you have every reason to be proud and to miss him. A lot of prayer are going up for all of you at this time.

Lord, in Your mercy, the tears must come…hold them for this precious family. Hearts break…help them find peace and healing. May they find comfort in You, in each other, in memories, and in the knowledge that melanoma couldn't touch Erik's spirit, couldn't touch his love and attitude, and that melanoma will never invade his life again. As they grieve, grant them hope and Your shoulders to lean on and Your fortress to escape to. Amen.

Grace and peace to you Kim,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                  Participant

Kim,

I'm so sorry Erik, and all of you, had to fight this fight, but he fought like a true warrior. From what you write you have every reason to be proud and to miss him. A lot of prayer are going up for all of you at this time.

Lord, in Your mercy, the tears must come…hold them for this precious family. Hearts break…help them find peace and healing. May they find comfort in You, in each other, in memories, and in the knowledge that melanoma couldn't touch Erik's spirit, couldn't touch his love and attitude, and that melanoma will never invade his life again. As they grieve, grant them hope and Your shoulders to lean on and Your fortress to escape to. Amen.

Grace and peace to you Kim,

Carol

kbc123
                    Participant

Kim

I recall reading your postings back in March.  My thought is, how does one deal with this when it is your child?  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  God Bless Erik, he is out of pain and suffering..

Kathy from New Jersey

kbc123
                      Participant

Kim

I recall reading your postings back in March.  My thought is, how does one deal with this when it is your child?  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  God Bless Erik, he is out of pain and suffering..

Kathy from New Jersey

King
                        Participant

Kim,

I am so sorry to read this very sad news about Erik.  I can't even begin to imagine your pain.  It sounds like Erik was one special young man.  So, so sorry…..

Stay Strong
                          King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                          Participant

Kim,

I am so sorry to read this very sad news about Erik.  I can't even begin to imagine your pain.  It sounds like Erik was one special young man.  So, so sorry…..

Stay Strong
                            King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Lori C
                            Participant

Kim  – I am horribly sorry for your loss.  Erik sounded like a young man of great courage and character.  May his memory be for a blessing.

Lori

Lori C
                              Participant

Kim  – I am horribly sorry for your loss.  Erik sounded like a young man of great courage and character.  May his memory be for a blessing.

Lori

CarolA
                                Participant

Dear Kim,    I am so sorry to read about Erik's passing.    This Memorial Day weekend I did think that there was a young military man who was battling melanoma and wondered….  My condolences to you and your family, Erik's family and friends.   My prayers for all of you.

CarolA – Stage III – Amherst, NY

CarolA
                                  Participant

Dear Kim,    I am so sorry to read about Erik's passing.    This Memorial Day weekend I did think that there was a young military man who was battling melanoma and wondered….  My condolences to you and your family, Erik's family and friends.   My prayers for all of you.

CarolA – Stage III – Amherst, NY

Teodora

Dear Kim,

No words can probably give you any consolation or comfort at losing your precious and brave  son.

I read your postings with his history ever since he was diagnosed back in 2004!What a warrior.I wish to think when faced with a life and death battle we all are.In my native country of Bulgaria we believe God takes his best children early on.I hope he is at a better place right now where there is no more suffering and pain but eternal peace and light.Remember, we are ALL  mortals and will get there one day sooner or later.We don't want to go there young before having lived life to the  fullest  but then no one is insured when their turn is.One day we well all get there and you will get to meet your beloved son again and be together for the eternity.Believe!

Let his soul rest in peace.

Teodora, stage 3

boot2aboot
                                        Participant

i am very sorry for your loss

boot2aboot
                                          Participant

i am very sorry for your loss

Teodora

Dear Kim,

No words can probably give you any consolation or comfort at losing your precious and brave  son.

I read your postings with his history ever since he was diagnosed back in 2004!What a warrior.I wish to think when faced with a life and death battle we all are.In my native country of Bulgaria we believe God takes his best children early on.I hope he is at a better place right now where there is no more suffering and pain but eternal peace and light.Remember, we are ALL  mortals and will get there one day sooner or later.We don't want to go there young before having lived life to the  fullest  but then no one is insured when their turn is.One day we well all get there and you will get to meet your beloved son again and be together for the eternity.Believe!

Let his soul rest in peace.

Teodora, stage 3

KellieSue
                                            Participant

I'm so sad to hear the news of your son's passing.

He sounded like an amazing human being.

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV

KellieSue
                                              Participant

I'm so sad to hear the news of your son's passing.

He sounded like an amazing human being.

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV

DukefromMA
                                                Participant

Very sorry for your loss.  Words are never enough… but my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Duke

DukefromMA
                                                  Participant

Very sorry for your loss.  Words are never enough… but my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Duke

slpinion
                                                    Participant

I am so sorry to hear this news.  May God grant you and your family His peace and comfort as you grieve for the loss of your son.

Sharon 

slpinion
                                                      Participant

I am so sorry to hear this news.  May God grant you and your family His peace and comfort as you grieve for the loss of your son.

Sharon 

MaryD
                                                        Participant

Kim,

I can't even imagine how heartbroken you and your family are during this very difficult time.  You must be so proud of his courage during the brave battle he fought.  What a lovely thing for Erik to organize that very special meal that brought all of you together in his room.  He clearly has an amazing family and I will pray that his love for all of you will carry and comfort you through this sad loss.

Sending thoughts and prayers . .

Mary

MaryD
                                                          Participant

Kim,

I can't even imagine how heartbroken you and your family are during this very difficult time.  You must be so proud of his courage during the brave battle he fought.  What a lovely thing for Erik to organize that very special meal that brought all of you together in his room.  He clearly has an amazing family and I will pray that his love for all of you will carry and comfort you through this sad loss.

Sending thoughts and prayers . .

Mary

James from Sydney
                                                            Participant

my heart goes out to your Family it is amazing how young ones in this situation show the strength, courage and a need to protect us from pain during their last days. 

I pray that your pain will ease as time passes and the beautiful memories grow strong.

James

James from Sydney
                                                              Participant

my heart goes out to your Family it is amazing how young ones in this situation show the strength, courage and a need to protect us from pain during their last days. 

I pray that your pain will ease as time passes and the beautiful memories grow strong.

James

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  It sounds like Erik was quite courageous.   My prayers and light will sourround during yourhealing time.  May all of the wonderful memories you have of Erik heal your heart.

Surrrounding you with love and light.

Shelly in Switzerland

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  It sounds like Erik was quite courageous.   My prayers and light will sourround during yourhealing time.  May all of the wonderful memories you have of Erik heal your heart.

Surrrounding you with love and light.

Shelly in Switzerland

shellebrownies
                                                                Participant

So sorry to hear of your loss. Erik sounds like a very special son and that he loved you all very much. I wish for peace and healing for all the family.

Michelle, wife to Don, Stage IV

shellebrownies
                                                                  Participant

So sorry to hear of your loss. Erik sounds like a very special son and that he loved you all very much. I wish for peace and healing for all the family.

Michelle, wife to Don, Stage IV

NancyGM
                                                                    Participant

Kim, As a mother, my heart goes out to you. I am so sorry for the tragic loss of your son.

NancyGM
                                                                      Participant

Kim, As a mother, my heart goes out to you. I am so sorry for the tragic loss of your son.

ValinMtl
                                                                        Participant

Dearest Kim, what a terrible loss.  I am so sorry.  Erik is now safe in the arms of Jesus, free of the monster. Thinking of you and your family, Val xx

ValinMtl
                                                                          Participant

Dearest Kim, what a terrible loss.  I am so sorry.  Erik is now safe in the arms of Jesus, free of the monster. Thinking of you and your family, Val xx

ADSCLT
                                                                            Participant

I am so sorry Kim.  My father died the very same day.  I will pray for your family because we know the pain too well.  As much as I hurt losing my father, I can't imagine losing one of my children. 

ADSCLT
                                                                              Participant

I am so sorry Kim.  My father died the very same day.  I will pray for your family because we know the pain too well.  As much as I hurt losing my father, I can't imagine losing one of my children. 

BarbieGirl
                                                                                Participant

Oh Kim, I'm so sorry to hear this news about Erik.  Hold on to the precious memories of your amazing son.  I wish we all could have met him—there's so much us "old-timers" can learn from courageous young men (and women) such as Erik..

I will be keeping you and your family/friends in my heart and prayers.  I cannot imagine losing a child, and I will pray especially for peace and healing, knowing Erik is no longer in pain, and for comfort knowing you'll see him again someday. 

Again, my deepest condolences.  *Hugz*

~Lisa~

BarbieGirl
                                                                                  Participant

Oh Kim, I'm so sorry to hear this news about Erik.  Hold on to the precious memories of your amazing son.  I wish we all could have met him—there's so much us "old-timers" can learn from courageous young men (and women) such as Erik..

I will be keeping you and your family/friends in my heart and prayers.  I cannot imagine losing a child, and I will pray especially for peace and healing, knowing Erik is no longer in pain, and for comfort knowing you'll see him again someday. 

Again, my deepest condolences.  *Hugz*

~Lisa~

Viewing 37 reply threads
                                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics