The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Melanoma Mike

Forums General Melanoma Community Melanoma Mike

Participant
      Warriors,

I have been absent for quite some time and it is with a heavy heart that I tell you “Melanoma” Mike passed on 17 DEC. I received a text from his wife last night letting me know. For those of you who knew Mike, you can attest to his inspirational messages and his warrior spirit. He was one of my first friends here on the forum and we became closer outside of the forum. Mike was a kind, funny, and supportive warrior and he will be missed tremendously. Until we find a lasting cure for this bastard of an enemy…I hope we can all be more like Mike. Rest easy brother.

Tex

Viewing 19 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Oh, Tex.  Thanks for sharing this sad news.  Mike will live in my heart always.  His light and spirit will be forever an example of what one person can do to lift others – share joy.  That he could do that during dire personal circumstances is evidence that angels walk among us. If there are angels in heaven, their world has become significantly more joyful.  I swear I can hear their laughter as Mike tells his tales.  Rest well and happy my friend.  les
            MMH
            Participant
              I am so sad to hear this news. Mike was such a happy person and I looked forward to his posts every time I visited the forum. I am so grateful to him for sharing his journey with us. He made all of this seek just a little bit more bearable. Thanks to his family for sharing him with all of us.
            tedtell1
            Participant
              Damn, thanks for letting us know Tex. This is a blow. No two ways about it. Mike’s strength and good humor despite his pain and suffering will always be a reminder to us. God bless and keep his family in this difficult time and to all my fellow Melanomies who loved Mike, love you, and peace and blessings be with you. I have no doubt some tears will be shed today. (including mine)

Ted

chrispl1974
              Participant
                Very sad news. Since I joined the forum approximately 2 years ago, his courage, his wits and support for others helped me enormously.

I never had the privilege to meet him in person, nor did I ever correspond with him directly, but I believe that one can get to know the true spirit of a person by reading what he supported others.

Rest in peace brother and please keep an eye on us poor souls, who are still in the struggle.

Bobman
                Participant
                  Thank you Tex .

Mike made us all “family “, and his passing cut’s that deep.

Head for the light buddy….heck, you’re already there.

Aloha all the way

Bob

jbronicki
                  Participant
                    Wow, I actually had to walk away after reading this and come back a few hours later.  All of you above said it all.  Mike was family, Mike was funny and I knew I could say anything to Mike, Mike was a warrior in every sense of the word, Mike lived by the golden rule,  Mike sacrificed for Science, Mike spoke from the heart, I felt like a better person when speaking to Mike, Mike made me feel special even when he was going through so much and the list goes on and on.  I hope to see you again one day Mike on the other side.  Love and hugs to you Mike and your family, this is indeed a huge loss to those of us on this side. Jackie
                    Shannon39
                    Participant
                      1. Very sad to hear this news. I always enjoyed reading Mike’s posts. His sense of humor and caring for others was always embedded in each message. He’ll be missed but not forgotten. Sending love to his family and friends during this difficult time.
                      almostalice
                      Participant
                        Sending my best wishes
                        SOLE
                        Participant
                          Words will always be futile unfortunately. But it’s one of the few tools we have to express ourselves. Wish to see you sometime Mike.

M

RichInLife
                          Participant
                            Wow. I’ve been away from the forum for a while but I remember that Mike was one of the first (he may have been the first) to welcome me. He made everyone feel welcome. I can only echo what others have said. He was brave, funny, caring, and strong as steel. I somehow believed that he would beat the bastard but that was because he made me believe that we could all beat it. This forum is going to miss one hell of a cheerleader.

My thoughts and prayers are with his wife and family. And with all of you. Mike knew that we are all in this together.

Warrior on!

SABKLYN
                            Participant
                              Very sad news.  A truly good soul who endured much in his last few weeks.  But throughout he always found time to check in and  update us along with a healthy touch of his humor.   He is and always hall be missed

Scooby123
                              Participant

TexMelanomex: Warriors,

I have been absent for quite some time and it is with a heavy heart that I tell you “Melanoma” Mike passed on 17 DEC. I received a text from his wife last night letting me know. For those of you who knew Mike, you can attest to his inspirational messages and his warrior spirit. He was one of my first friends here on the forum and we became closer outside of the forum. Mike was a kind, funny, and supportive warrior and he will be missed tremendously. Until we find a lasting cure for this bastard of an enemy…I hope we can all be more like Mike. Rest easy brother.

Tex

Celebrate

Love

Ah Ah

Wow

Sad

Grrr

Please forgive me this is my first time using new forum.

Such sad news to hear Melanoma Mike has passed. He was a true warrior and always had a good sense of humour. He will be missed by many god bless you my fiend. ????

MelMel
                                Participant
                                  I saw the thread today and could not believe my eyes nor what I read! Although I have never met Mike, from the start I felt like I knew him for years. He was definitely one of a kind and this group will not be the same. He welcomed so many of us and his friendliness and good humor were contageous. We have all lost an incredible melanoma friend. Memories, that is all we ever have.
                                  sing123
                                  Participant
                                    This is so very sad. He had such a big and joyful personality. That I feel a loss, that we feel a loss,  means that his personal family and friends must feel one much greater. I will not soon forget his kind and caring presence on this forum.
                                    sj
                                    Participant
                                      Tex this is tragic I’m so sorry. I only joined the forum a year ago and I had no interactions with Mike directly, but I read his posts and could see he was a character and a gent. He’ll be missed by everyone.

I’m genuinely upset but this so I can only imagine what it’s like for those that knew him.

This disease is awful. Rest easy Mike.

Linny
                                      Participant
                                        I am so saddened to hear of Mike’s passing. He was a fighter to the end. He was quite ill last January and I wasn’t sure he was going to make to Easter. But he fought this thing tooth and nail and got in some precious time with his loved ones through Thanksgiving. Rest in peace, Mike.
                                        AnxiousDad
                                        Participant
                                          Damn. I’ve been away for a bit…just read this. When I am having a bad day, Mike’s posts cheered me up. Reading his words was a true inspiration. He will be missed so much.
                                          MarkR
                                          Participant
                                            Terrible news that we have lost another and someone that for some time was the heart and soul of this forum.  He was good humoured and made so many entertaining posts when he was struggling through so much.  He will be sorely missed
                                            lkb
                                            Participant
                                              Thank you, Tex, for letting us know. Thank you, Mike, for keeping us close. Thank you, Wife of Mike, for giving us the opportunity to rally around him; it was good medicine for all.

Tilly1402
                                              Participant
                                                This is such sad news. Mike had a way to brighten even the darkest moments. May his light live on. RIP Mike and thank you! Xxx
                                                MikeInAK
                                                Participant
                                                  So sorry to hear this.   He was a true warrier, and kept his head and spirit up.   He never gave up.  A true inspiration.   Peace, blue skies and tailwinds Melanoma Mike.  Your example helped a lot of others.
                                              Viewing 19 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics