The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Love to all and my crazy story..

Forums General Melanoma Community Love to all and my crazy story..

• Replies
      Julie in SoCal
      Participant

Oh C!  My goodness you've been through it. I can't say I loved your post.  I'd much rather read about the latest and greatest mel meds and treatments.  Or your latest sewing creation, of that trip…

Yea, cancer is not something you want to start collecting as it creates funny, strange and slightly perverse questions like "Which is better having it be melanoma or…?" It's hard to cheer for melanoma.

And I hate it that you and B have missed Italy.  Indignities upon indignities!  Italy with a love would have been fantastic.

Know that you are in my heart and prayers. 

Wishing you Shalom – the restoration of all that is good and right and perfect.

Julie

Johnjk04
        Participant

Hey Les – what the hell happened? So glad that you were still getting scans and that they were able to take it out. Now you're wondering – what do I do next? Hopefully all is cleaned up quickly. Italy? I know that you will make it there. Stay comfy, I wish the best for you.

KellyH
          Participant

Celeste I’m sorry….after all you have already been through, then this…it’s just not fair. 

You were one of the first people to reach out to me when I first posted on this site after my teenage son was diagnosed with melanoma. I was beyond scared and so overwhelmed and you took time out of your day to try to ease my fears if even just a little.  I am forever grateful to you for that initial kindness.  

As the months have gone on I have seen you show that same kindness for plenty of new melanoma patients and their loved ones seeking the same answers and support I was. I have seen so many “veterans” to this disease reach out to you and you answer each and everyone…you are truly an asset to the melanoma community and I am thinking this new cancer has definitely met its match and messed with the wrong woman….your story is one of strength and determination and I know in my heart you will see Italy….and you will do all those wonderful things you planned with your husband.  

Hang in there and know that each and everyone of us send you now all the same love and support you have shown to all of us for days, months, and years. ❤️

Kelly 🙂

bjeans
            Participant

You know what made me smile in between tears when reading your blog? Despite all that happened – in the midst of ALL THIS RUBBISH – you’re still teaching, explaining, knowing that your people who are reading and cheering you on wouldn’t understand everything otherwise. You’re sure in there, though you feel like hell. And thank goodness for your wonderful family, B, friends. 

Beth

BillB
              Participant

Hi Celeste, I was very happy to see your post (not the fact you have to deal with C again) which means you are healing from the recent bump in the road. You mean a lot to me and the everyone here and seeing you posting again definitely made my day.

Bill

PS Are you going on a cruise to Italy?

BillB
                  Participant

Oh sh…., sorry, didn’t read you weren’t going. Feel badly now.

MelanomaMike
                  Participant
                    Haaaaaaaaaaaaah! There she is!, ok, deep breath, get back up & brush away loose ground. Im amazed but not surprised in the least, over the out pour of Post’s from all of us in your honor! It “almost” surpassed all the Spam we have gotten in the past 2 weeks!! (Whole other story) but, im glad yer back sis! To update you, i have a CT scan set for the 17th so, it will be my first since starting the ipo/nivo (just did infuse #5 without Yervoy)..love ya C!
                    WithinMySkin
                    Participant

Holy sh!t, Celeste, I'm so so sorry to hear this news. From lap appy to cancer and half your insides joining the outside world. How freaking awful. I know you're tired of the fight, but when you've had so many battles against cancer, you know the steps. One foot in front of the other. This is exactly how mountains are climbed…one foot in front of the other.

Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way!!!

Lauren

happyfeet123
                        Participant

Hi Celeste

I wish you a very speedy recovery. You are the inspiration and hope we will all beat this.   Not really much of choice between which cancer you would rather it be. It's kind of like which  would you like to eat,  dog or cat poop?  They both taste like  crap.  You will find the strength to deal with it again because you are strong kick ass  woman who doesn't let anything get in her way.  This is a bump in the road on your way to Italy.  Sending you positive healing vibes your way. You can do this!!!!  We are all here to support you along the way!!!!!

Tammy

Tammy

jennunicorn
                        Participant

Goodness I cannot even imagine going through such a crazy unexpected ordeal! All I can think is.. THANK GOODESS you had your routine scans planned! Melanoma might be a pain in the a** but it sounds like this nasty second cancer bugger would have snuck up on you much later down its sneaky path had you not been getting scanned. Wow. Sending SO much love, hugs, positive vibes, all the things your way!

lkb
                          Participant

Aww, dang. Sucks big. And yet, you are wonderfully, beautifully, relentlessly yourself, so I know you will pull through. Sending love.

Lisa

Scooby123
                            Participant

My lovely don't know where to start. You been through so much latley but one thing I know you are a very strong lady and will get through this. When I took myself in hospital due to pain things progressed within a day. Blocked bowels due to tumour sick so much did not care what they did to me. Slowly mending liver issue at moment so no treatment . 

you have given so much to all of us support, treatment options and will to keep going. I wish you a very speedy recover Hun, sorry you not able to get away but you will again once better. Rest and take care of yourself. 

Scooby❤️

Scooby123
                              Participant

My lovely don't know where to start. You been through so much latley but one thing I know you are a very strong lady and will get through this. When I took myself in hospital due to pain things progressed within a day. Blocked bowels due to tumour sick so much did not care what they did to me. Slowly mending liver issue at moment so no treatment . 

you have given so much to all of us support, treatment options and will to keep going. I wish you a very speedy recover Hun, sorry you not able to get away but you will again once better. Rest and take care of yourself. 

Scooby❤️

jagstter
                                Participant

Dear Celeste, so sorry for all you have been & are dealing with … UGH! Yet, I'm always amazed by your sense of humor & strong determination in the midst of adversity … I know, if it is just a matter of will, you'll beat it all!

That said, prayers continue for you & your family 😉

corgimom
                                  Participant

So very sorry to hear about all that you have been through. You have meant so much to me and all of the other mela-homies on this site. We couldn't get through our troubles without you and are grevously pained to hear about everything you are enduring now.

But, you are such a wonderful human being and all heart and love to everyone else, that this love will come back to you 100 fold and you will get through this.. Recovery and Italy are waiting for you and you will be there.

marta010
                                    Participant

Thinking of you and sending well wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery with no further issues.  Cancer sucks.

Ann

mrsaxde
                                      Participant

I am so sorry that you have to deal with all this new nonsense. I hope your short term setback turns around soon. We're all rooting for you!

-Bill

Coragirl
                                        Participant

I am so sorry that you are suffering, sometimes life just stinks and there is nothing to do but wait until it is sweeter. I know you know that so many people are praying for you and sending positivity your way. You will get through these tough times and hopefully get to Italy. 

iskitwo
                                          Participant

Cancer is so unfair and plays by no rules! Many prayers coming your way for you and for those caregivers.

Missy

ABlazek
                                            Participant

Celeste,

It hurts my heart to hear what you have been going through.  As usual you inspire everyone with your grace, humor, and courage.  I am just an occassional lurker here on MPIP, but you have touched my life  and my experience with melanoma as a blessing with your willingness to share information,encouragement, and a piece of your self with everyone here.  We are rooting for you and praying for you. I know you will win your way through this, and continue to inspire us all.  Italy is just postponed for a bit, but keep on looking forward to the fun you will have there!

Anne

Momofjake
                                              Participant

Love and prayers Celeste! 

Kerri

casagrayson
                                                Participant

I just checked Celeste's blog, and unfortunately she is back in the hospital.  They believe she might have an intestinal blockage, plus they have decided to remove her ovaries.  She was in significant pain.  Her surgery is schedule for 4pm local time.  Please send good karma, love, and light to Celeste.

Abbygx2589
                                                    Participant

Thank you for updating us all. Celeste, we are all praying for you!! You mean a lot to everyone on this board.

lindanat
                                                    Participant

Celeste, I'm thinking of you and your current struggle.  But, I know, because you are always so AWESOME, that you will come through this and continue running (even if it is running in place for awhile).  Keep your positive attitude shining and know you have lots of folks in your corner.  You are the best!!!!

Linda

Jubes
                                                      Participant

Dearest Celeste. As usual a candid and clear description of what you are going through, which we all appreciate. If anyone can get on top of this it’s you. I would love to do anything at all to help, but from so far away at least know i am thinking of you daily and wishing so hard for your speedy recovery. Love Anne-Louise 

Bobman
                                                        Participant

Holy crap Celeste…to be blindsided like that! I worked up a sweat just reading about what you've been dealing with. You will become yourself again. We won't tolerate anything less. You got this gal.

F!@k a bunch of cancer. 

Aloha all the way

Bob

Mat
                                                          Participant

Celeste, you said it best–WTF???  Give me (you) a break already!

BrianP
                                                            Participant

I'm sorry Celeste.  I can't remember your coined statements but it goes something like this sucks hariy green balls.  Did I get that right?  Just not fair but I don't have to tell you that.  Hope you continue to feel better each day.  Thinking and praying for you often.

Brian

Maureen038
                                                                Participant

I agree with Brian P ! I’m truly sorry that you are dealing with so much, but you are a true warrior!! Hugs and prayers for you!!

Maureen❤️

PS Bill just found out his melanoma is back in the lungs! It sucks too!

casagrayson
                                                                Participant

Update from Celeste's blog:

This is Tammy a friend of sweet Celeste. Just want to give you an update from what I heard last.

She had her surgery Tues. They found and removed a small bowel obstruction along with her ovaries. The ovaries were removed as a precaution because the cancer likes to hide there. There were no signs of cancer. Still waiting on path report. She was given an epidural to help with pain and that allowed her to rest. ( unsure if she still has it). This am she was able to get rid of her NGT. I'm sure that was a relief. It has been a rough 2 weeks for our friend. Prayers she can now regain her strength and have an easier time recovering.

Viewing 25 reply threads
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics