The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Josh

Participant

I wasn't sure  if anybody would see this when I posted it under the last inquiry about Josh. Hence, the new topic.

Josh brings so much  to the message board and has always been the person I look to here for info on  the rare "desmoplastic mel"  diagnosis. We use the same doctors and he has always been just a step ahead of us in treatment (my husband is also stage IV).  When I couldn't find him on the message boards anymore I got scared and somewhat stalker-y.  I was able to locate his brother who had set up a go fund me page for Josh.  I sent him an email inquiring about Josh and got this reply:  

Hi, Nancy
      I was with josh last night and read your email to him he was touched! My brother is fighting, he was put on hospice two weeks ago. They have stopped treatments and now the hard part . Josh is a wonderful person and has done so many good things in his life.
      He served his country in the Marines he is an amazing father , husband and the best big brother anyone could ask for. There will be a special place in heaven for him. He has touched so many on his journey. We pray for your family and for your husband to heal. God bless and thank you for reaching out it mean a lot.
      Mike

I know many were wondering about him and I tried to convey how important Josh is to us all.  Keep his family in your thoughts and prayers as they go down the road none of us wish we were traveling.

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        cancersnewnormal
        Participant

Oh maaaaaan. 🙁   I don't even know what to say. This sucks. I pray for peace for him and his family. 

jennunicorn
          Participant

This is hard to read. I wish Josh and his family peace and love during this time. I wish there was more time for all our friends that are seeing the end of the road… lots lots more time.

Scooby123
            Participant

I am lost for words so sad heartbroken, Josh has been always on my mind how he is . Reading this is so hard. I pray and wish I could give Josh a hug. Lost for words right now. 

Scooby ❤️

Christine.P
              Participant

This makes me so sad. I will always remember Josh for his unending optimism and fight. 

Bubbles
                Participant

Oh, my sweet Joshie.  I will hold you in my heart….always.  c

vivian
                    Participant

This is such sad news!  Josh fought so hard. Love, light and peace to him and his family. 

Lear

miaka618
                    Participant

I have been keeping an eye out for updates on him. This is not the update we wanted to hear…..

Marksa2570
                      Participant

Thank you for the update but the news is beyond sad.   I so badly wanted him, as all others on here, to conquer this disease.  Josh's soul and spirit were so infectious – I just wanted to get on the front-line and fight with him and for him.     Prayers to all.    

Momofjake
                        Participant

Thank you for letting us know. This news is hard. Josh gave it his all. Prayers. I can't look here for awhile. Jake had good scans. We are on a "melanoma break". Normal for a time….thank you for all the support. I will keep you in my prayers. 

SABKLYN
                          Participant

too sad.

casagrayson
                            Participant

Thank you, Nancy.  I, too, became a bit of a stalker and sent his wife, Gina, a private message asking if they could possibly give an update.  Now I know why I haven't heard back.  I'm sure they are simply soaking up as much family time as they can possibly get.  

Josh, if you happen to read this, know that I am wrapping you and your family in cyber hugs.  You've always been such an inspiration to those here, and just a great example of a friend, husband and father.  Be strong, my friend.

Polymath
                              Participant

Josh has been the most amazing warrior. Truly an inspiration to all here.  Damn I hate this insidious disease.  This is just too hard to take.  Thank you Josh for your love and support, and showing us what backbone really is.  May the force be with you always.

"a hui ho" my friend

Gary

maperny
                                Participant

So upsetting to read this.  I pray for peace during this final stage surrounded by those he loves.  He really gave so much to everyone on this forum by sharing his journey and being a cheerleader with all his encouragement for others.

i know that he will get on so well with my husband, Juan, when they meet in heaven.

Maria

Stu
                                    Participant

Love and thoughts are with Josh and his family

Patrisa
                                    Participant

I have no words to express how sad I am… I love everyone here, but Josh has a special place in my heart…. I was coming here every single day in hope of reading something positive from Josh, I so did not expect this…..

Take care everybody,

Patrisa

Shaneswife
                                      Participant

May love and light surround Josh and his family at this difficult time. 

jenny22
                                        Participant

Certiainly not the news i was hoping to read…..i kept hoping that TIL was working and he was home getting stronger…..I am so sad for him and his family.  It was obvious from all his posts that was a devoted Dad and husband……just too heartbreaking.

So much sad news lately….jamie, and now this josh update.

My heart breaks for their families..

Patrisa
                                          Participant

I can't regroup since I read this post, I am heartbroken… Josh means so much to me, I can't explain it, but his soul spoke to me, I felt his hope, his fear, his goodness, his enormous love for his family… 

I feel so bad knowing that he is where no one can imagine himself beeing… Praying he doesn't feel lonely and scared and gets to enjoy his wife and kids for as long as possible…

Heartbroken….

Patrisa

Terrified
                                            Participant

I hadnt been on these boards since my husband passed in January, but something made me check today. I am so sorry to ehar this about Josh, I wanted him to be a success story. He has given so much to folks here and his presence will be sorely missed. 

rabbits68
                                              Participant
                                                This is heartbreaking. Praying for him and his family as they spend this precious time together.
                                                Mat
                                                Participant

This just sucks.

btcedarr
                                                    Participant

Does someone have the link to the Go Fund Me Account?

Patrisa
                                                      Participant

Can't post a link, I searched and finally found it…

mike faillo is the author 'our brothers fight with cancer'

Patrisa
                                                        Participant

I am super worried Josh would not be ok with this post, but I feel we should help somehow, this to me is the only way…

momof4boys
                                                        Participant

So it has taken me a whole day to gather my thoughts enough to post this. Obviously Josh meant a lot to alot of us here. I would like to share what he meant to me. When I first started this journey 4 years ago now, I was just like all the rest of you, scared shitless! I am a mother to 4 boys, young at the time. I am a internet junkie, meaning I research everything. Once I saw the statistics, the old statistics, I thought for sure I was going to die in the next couple of years. I was given the option of Interferon or a trial. I was so scared of taking Ipi so I was just about ready to go with Interferon when I found this board. I read some amazing stories about Immunotherapy and was sold but the two people that gave me tremendous hope was Josh and Celeste. I even told their stories to my onc. Celeste was obvious because she has a wealth of knowledge but Josh, I don't even know what it was about him. I guess I could tell that he was a genuinely good guy. When Artie started progressing this board of people just became so strong together and I think Josh had to do with that. When Artie passed it was so hard on all of us but especially Josh. After that he seemed to kinda step into Artie's role a little bit in that he was always posting great things to people. Which then he got so close with Paul. Paul and Josh were both great guys and everyone loved to read their posts. I think Josh lost a lot of hope when his dear friend Paul passed. That too was hard on all of us. Now to think about our beloved Josh in this same situation just absolutely breaks my heart as I can see it does all of yours as well. I know personally this has been a punch in the face to me because I just hit the 4 year mark and I have allowed myself to think maybe I've beat this for good. Then I think about Josh and he thought the same thing, until it returned with a vengance. I know I will sure be thinking about our good lost friends every day as I make choices in my life to be the best I can be. I hope Josh is able to hear how much he means to all of us before he goes. My life has been tremendously touched by someone I've never even met and he probably has no idea. I will pray for his wife and his 2 kids, his brother and everyone else as I'm sure he has left an impact on many peoples lives. As I write this Artie's picture is on the side of the page and I'm sure he's looking down on Josh right now, just waiting to see his good friend again. I feel this is some kind of a sign, as I have never seen Artie's on here!

Rachel

WithinMySkin
                                                          Participant

I hate this news. I know I was touched by Josh and his journey, and I don't think anyone in this group can say otherwise. He's an amazing soul, and my heart hurts for his family. 

Lauren

Jahendry12
                                                            Participant

No words. Everyone has already said it all. Deeply saddened. 

jbronicki
                                                              Participant

I've been trying to stay off the forum since for a while, but something made me check this morning.  I think since my husband's scans are in two days and I've always linked him with Josh (very similar cases), that I was ready to hear how Josh had just rocked the new treatment and was making a full comeback.  I always check for Josh updates before anything else.  I'm devastated to hear the news about Josh.   I'm crying for him, his family and all of us right now. It's so frickin' ridiculous.  I don't get it.  I'm so sorry Josh, it's just not fair.  We just lost my brother a month ago, another Marine.  Semper fi.  Gosh darn it (insert other words in here), this sucks. 

casagrayson
                                                                  Participant

Jackie, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother.  I lost my brother ten years ago this New Year's Eve, and I still think about him every day.  I will be thinking of you as you walk through the grief, and also for your husband's scans.

jbronicki
                                                                    Participant

Thank you so much, that means a great deal to me to hear kind words and my brother would appreciate it to.  I'm just trying to keep it together before the scans, you never know what you are going to hear, it's overwhelming to me, some people handle it WAY better!

jbronicki
                                                                      Participant

And I understand the thinking about the one's we've lost everyday.  Hugs to you and your brother and your family 🙂

snow white
                                                                      Participant

I am heartbroken.  I pray for his family to have peace.

xo Jen

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics