The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Jerry from Fauq

Forums General Melanoma Community Jerry from Fauq

Participant

Very sad news this morning. Our brave warrior known on this forum as Jerry from Fauq has been sent to be with God. He was one of a kind. He defied all odds and reminded everyone in the melanoma community that they are not a statistic and there is no expiration date stamped on them.  He beat the odds for 8 years so he could help educate and support others. A huge heart, a wealth of knowledge and a kind, giving, humorous man. He was the first one to reach out to me on chat when my husband was diagnosed 4 years ago.  You will be missed T Jerry Ellis ❤️

Viewing 50 reply threads
    • Replies
        evieg
        Participant

My Heart is broken… God Bless Jerry and his 

Family. He was a beautiful soul…Rest in Peace,

Jerry.

evieg
          Participant

Jerry.

evieg
            Participant

Jerry.

BrianP
              Participant

I'm so sorry to hear that news.  I met him once at UVA.  He was quite a character and so incredibly intelligent.  He's helped hundreds on this board including myself over the years with his knowledge.  Prayers for his family. 

From one Marine to another, Semper Fidelis Jerry.

Brian

vivian
                  Participant

This is such sad news!  What a brave and giving soul he was – such a support to so many of us over the years.  Love to his family.

Lear

vivian
                    Participant

This is such sad news!  What a brave and giving soul he was – such a support to so many of us over the years.  Love to his family.

Lear

vivian
                      Participant

Lear

BrianP
                      Participant

I'm so sorry to hear that news.  I met him once at UVA.  He was quite a character and so incredibly intelligent.  He's helped hundreds on this board including myself over the years with his knowledge.  Prayers for his family. 

Brian

BrianP
                        Participant

Brian

Fen
                          Participant

Sad news indeed.  An intelligent, kind man who educated us all.      Deepest sympathy to his friends and family.

Fen
                            Participant

Sad news indeed.  An intelligent, kind man who educated us all.      Deepest sympathy to his friends and family.

Fen
                              Participant

CHD
                                Participant

I am so sad to hear this.  There are so very few people I have come across with mucosal melanoma since my diagnosis in 2013 and he was one of the first to reach out to me on this forum.  What terribly sad news.

Cheri

CHD
                                  Participant

I am so sad to hear this.  There are so very few people I have come across with mucosal melanoma since my diagnosis in 2013 and he was one of the first to reach out to me on this forum.  What terribly sad news.

Cheri

CHD
                                    Participant

Cheri

Jubes
                                      Participant

Rest in peace jerry and thanks for your wealth of information on this forum. Strength to his family at this sad time. 

Jubes
                                        Participant

Rest in peace jerry and thanks for your wealth of information on this forum. Strength to his family at this sad time. 

Jubes
                                          Participant

Mat
                                            Participant

I'm so sorry to hear of Jerry's passing.  He was one of the first to respond to my initial post in 2013.  Jerry's passing is also a heartbreaking reminder that no matter how intelligent or diligent we are, beating this disease for any one individual is mostly about the confluence of timing and luck.

Mat
                                              Participant

I'm so sorry to hear of Jerry's passing.  He was one of the first to respond to my initial post in 2013.  Jerry's passing is also a heartbreaking reminder that no matter how intelligent or diligent we are, beating this disease for any one individual is mostly about the confluence of timing and luck.

Mat
                                                Participant

arthurjedi007
                                                  Participant

You will be missed Jerry. Such a smart and brave warrior.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                                    Participant

Artie

Maureen038
                                                        Participant

That is such sad news of Jerry's passing. He was one of the very first people to make me somewhat calm about this disease. It truly takes the wind out of my sails. He gave such great advice and he seemed to truly care about helping others. I will miss his posts. This disease needs more new medicines and discoveries. Too many good people are dying. I'm truly scared for my husband's future. It is frightening to try to live a normal life when you're husband has stage four melanoma. How do you feel safe when this disease is relentless? My prayers go out to his family. 

Maureen

Maureen038
                                                          Participant

That is such sad news of Jerry's passing. He was one of the very first people to make me somewhat calm about this disease. It truly takes the wind out of my sails. He gave such great advice and he seemed to truly care about helping others. I will miss his posts. This disease needs more new medicines and discoveries. Too many good people are dying. I'm truly scared for my husband's future. It is frightening to try to live a normal life when you're husband has stage four melanoma. How do you feel safe when this disease is relentless? My prayers go out to his family. 

Maureen

Maureen038
                                                            Participant

Maureen

arthurjedi007
                                                            Participant

Artie

DZnDef
                                                              Participant

I am truly saddened by this news.  My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

DZnDef
                                                                Participant

I am truly saddened by this news.  My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Brendan
                                                                    Participant

Rest in peace, Jerry.

Brendan
                                                                      Participant

Rest in peace, Jerry.

Brendan
                                                                        Participant

Rest in peace, Jerry.

DZnDef
                                                                        Participant

MichaelFL
                                                                          Participant

My condolences to the family. We have lost one of the greates advocates and friends known. With the recent turn of events, I am however glad that he is finally free of the beast and is able to rest. May he now rest in peace. It was a long hard battle, and I am glad the gleevec managed to give him 8 extra years that he would not have had otherwise.

Endless thanks to him for helping countless people over the years in dealing with their melanoma diagnosis, including myself when I was first diagnosed.

Jerry, it was great to meet you at the park that one summer for a picnic several years ago. See you again someday. I'll bring the mangoes next time!

Michael-stage 1b 2008

MichaelFL
                                                                            Participant

My condolences to the family. We have lost one of the greates advocates and friends known. With the recent turn of events, I am however glad that he is finally free of the beast and is able to rest. May he now rest in peace. It was a long hard battle, and I am glad the gleevec managed to give him 8 extra years that he would not have had otherwise.

Endless thanks to him for helping countless people over the years in dealing with their melanoma diagnosis, including myself when I was first diagnosed.

Jerry, it was great to meet you at the park that one summer for a picnic several years ago. See you again someday. I'll bring the mangoes next time!

Michael-stage 1b 2008

MichaelFL
                                                                              Participant

Michael-stage 1b 2008

Jubes
                                                                                Participant

Jubes
                                                                                  Participant

Jubes
                                                                                    Participant

Tim–MRF
                                                                                      Guest

I want to add a few comments to this thread, though many others knew Jerry better than I.

I started interacting with Jerry through this board and on email not long after I came to the MRF in 2009. He had amazing knowledge of the melanoma research landscape and seemed to chime in with information that was particularly helpful. More than that, his tone was spot on. He didn't sugar coat his counsel, but he did always offered hope.

I had a chance to meet Jerry in person for the first time during a patient meeting in North Carolina. A group of people who had been active on this board for years came together to meet and I had a great visit with them. Jerry wore a big cowboy hat with an amazing feather band. He was truly one of a kind. We have met a couple of other times since then at various events and he was always a treat. He was as down-to-earth as it came and had no qualms talking about the fact that he had, in his words, "Melanoma of the back door."

Some of you will remember when Jerry almost died a few years ago after being trampled by a horse. He defied the odds then, with great support from family and friends. When I heard that his melanoma was back I somehow thought he would beat the odds again. He just seemed like one of those people who would live forever.

Of course, in a very real since he will live forever, in the hearts and lives of the countless people he has touched through the years. I could not begin to count the number of people who have benefited from his insight and knowledge. If the worth of our lives are to be measured in the people who we know and the people we have helped, then Jerry died a very wealthy man indeed.

Rest in Peace, Jerry from Fauq. You will be missed.

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF
                                                                                        Guest

I want to add a few comments to this thread, though many others knew Jerry better than I.

I started interacting with Jerry through this board and on email not long after I came to the MRF in 2009. He had amazing knowledge of the melanoma research landscape and seemed to chime in with information that was particularly helpful. More than that, his tone was spot on. He didn't sugar coat his counsel, but he did always offered hope.

I had a chance to meet Jerry in person for the first time during a patient meeting in North Carolina. A group of people who had been active on this board for years came together to meet and I had a great visit with them. Jerry wore a big cowboy hat with an amazing feather band. He was truly one of a kind. We have met a couple of other times since then at various events and he was always a treat. He was as down-to-earth as it came and had no qualms talking about the fact that he had, in his words, "Melanoma of the back door."

Some of you will remember when Jerry almost died a few years ago after being trampled by a horse. He defied the odds then, with great support from family and friends. When I heard that his melanoma was back I somehow thought he would beat the odds again. He just seemed like one of those people who would live forever.

Of course, in a very real since he will live forever, in the hearts and lives of the countless people he has touched through the years. I could not begin to count the number of people who have benefited from his insight and knowledge. If the worth of our lives are to be measured in the people who we know and the people we have helped, then Jerry died a very wealthy man indeed.

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF
                                                                                          Guest

Tim–MRF

Bubbles
                                                                                              Participant

Jerry was a wonderful character and amazing man!  My life is so much better for having "known" him!  Tim, is right.  Jerry will live in my heart forever.  May his family find peace and joy in his memory soon, though his presence will be missed always. c

Bubbles
                                                                                                Participant

Jerry was a wonderful character and amazing man!  My life is so much better for having "known" him!  Tim, is right.  Jerry will live in my heart forever.  May his family find peace and joy in his memory soon, though his presence will be missed always. c

Bubbles
                                                                                                  Participant

cavsnut
                                                                                                    Participant

Oh boy, so heart wrenching when someone passes whom you've read so many posts from….just hits home …just sucks is all…God bless him and his family

cavsnut
                                                                                                      Participant

Oh boy, so heart wrenching when someone passes whom you've read so many posts from….just hits home …just sucks is all…God bless him and his family

cavsnut
                                                                                                        Participant

Kim K
                                                                                                        Participant

Damn…..

I don't know what more to say than some people really leave a hole with thier passing.  Fortunately I had a chance to enjoy reading Jerry's posts and he will be sorely missed.  Everyone here is special, but when one of our regular cheerleaders leaves, it makes it that much harder.  He will always be remembered along with our more infamous warriors like Glenda, Cindy, and and and.

You won't be forgotten, rest in peace.  Thank you for the time you gave us…..

Kim K
                                                                                                          Participant

Damn…..

I don't know what more to say than some people really leave a hole with thier passing.  Fortunately I had a chance to enjoy reading Jerry's posts and he will be sorely missed.  Everyone here is special, but when one of our regular cheerleaders leaves, it makes it that much harder.  He will always be remembered along with our more infamous warriors like Glenda, Cindy, and and and.

Kim K
                                                                                                            Participant

Damn…..

JoshF
                                                                                                              Participant

Oh man this hurts! Jerry was always there for me to lend support and advice. He will be missed dearly….Semper Fi to my fellow Jar Head!!!

Josh

JoshF
                                                                                                                Participant

Oh man this hurts! Jerry was always there for me to lend support and advice. He will be missed dearly….Semper Fi to my fellow Jar Head!!!

Josh

JoshF
                                                                                                                  Participant

Josh

dfeng
                                                                                                                    Participant

Rest in peace, man.

dfeng
                                                                                                                      Participant

Rest in peace, man.

dfeng
                                                                                                                        Participant

Rest in peace, man.

BonnieLea
                                                                                                                          Participant

From 

Jerry's daughter Tanya jerry's funeral is

2 pm friday

Live oak florida

mount olive baptist church

pkease contact Tanya on Facebook 

love bonnie

his fun

BonnieLea
                                                                                                                            Participant

From 

2 pm friday

Live oak florida

love bonnie

his fun

BonnieLea
                                                                                                                              Participant

From 

2 pm friday

Live oak florida

love bonnie

his fun

tschmith
                                                                                                                                  Participant

May Jerry rest in peace.  I'm so sad to hear of his passing…he helped so many of us and we will miss his knowledge, wisdom, and kindness.  My condolences to his family.

Terrie

tschmith
                                                                                                                                    Participant

May Jerry rest in peace.  I'm so sad to hear of his passing…he helped so many of us and we will miss his knowledge, wisdom, and kindness.  My condolences to his family.

Terrie

tschmith
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Terrie

KMick
                                                                                                                                      Participant

I am so sorry to hear this.  Jerry's posts will be sorely missed.  My thoughts are with his family.  Thank you for letting us know Julie.

KMick
                                                                                                                                        Participant

I am so sorry to hear this.  Jerry's posts will be sorely missed.  My thoughts are with his family.  Thank you for letting us know Julie.

KMick
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Rebecca and Bob
                                                                                                                                            Participant

I haven't been on here in a while but always check in. I'm so sad to hear this, he was such an inspiration and he cared about everyone and always tried to help. He was someone I always thought he would beat this cancer.

Rest in peace Jerry.

Rebecca and Bob
                                                                                                                                              Participant

I haven't been on here in a while but always check in. I'm so sad to hear this, he was such an inspiration and he cared about everyone and always tried to help. He was someone I always thought he would beat this cancer.

Rest in peace Jerry.

Rebecca and Bob
                                                                                                                                                Participant

Rest in peace Jerry.

Viewing 50 reply threads
                                                                                                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics