The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

It’s Cell Day!!

Forums General Melanoma Community It’s Cell Day!!

Participant

Somewhere upwards of 20 doctors just left the room, including the incredible Dr. Rosenberg. Dr. Yang, my attending, went over the process and what to expect from the cell transfer and the IL-2. This is it!!

The nurse last week suggested that I might want to put together a playlist to play as the cells infuse. So this is what I put together on Spotify (I just realized I should have included Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On."):

1. "Ride Of the Valkyrie," from "The Ring" — Richard Wagner

2. "Wrecking Ball" — Bruce Springsteen

3. "Rise" — David Guetta featuring Skylar Grey

4. "Standing On the Verge Of Getting It On" — Funkadelic

5. "It's Time" — Imagine Dragons

6. "I Saved the World Today" — Eurhythmics

I hope all my Christian friends have had a blessed Easter season, and my Jewish friends are enjoying their Passover celebrations. Happy Ishtar to those who celebrate that, and to those who follow faiths without a holiday this past weekend, or those who do not practice any particular faith, I hope your weekend was as wonderful as mine. This board has been a constant source of strength, information, and inspiration over the past few years.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life!

-Bill

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        MichelleRHG
        Participant
          Thanks for the update. Have been thinking about you and how the process is going. Is the worst over now?
            mrsaxde
            Participant

The chemo effects are all gone. Now for the next few days I'll be dealing with the effects of the IL-2.

dessie
              Participant

Love the music… now lets get this rolling and have a great outcome!!  sounds like the whole forum here is routing and praying for you!

All the Best

Dessie

gopher38
              Participant

"I Saved the World Today" — Eurhythmics

Love that song.

iskitwo
                Participant

Sending prayers your way!!

mrsaxde
                    Participant

Thank you!

Wife_WilliamR
                      Participant

Prayers from Stacy & William! 

bjeans
                      Participant

We are the champions, my friend… 

jbronicki
                        Participant

That's a great play list!  Hope you and the cells Rock On!

vivian
                            Participant

Yay Cells!!!  I hope today was both joyous and uneventful!

Lear

gopher38
                            Participant

I don't know why, but I think you should add "Rawhide".

CancerSpouse
                              Participant

Darn fine playlist! Happy Cell Day! Hope it treated you nicely ~ Carol

Bubbles
                                Participant

Rock it out, buddy!!  I did some musical musings before starting my trial!  Here's that post from Nov 2010:  http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2010/11/musical-musings.html#comment-form  

So many more songs today!  But Titianium (David Guetta/Sia) might fit your anthem as well!!

May there be ever so many more songs on your play list in the many years to come!!  Bang a gong!!! c

cjm22
                                  Participant

Good luck!!

Mat
                                    Participant

Bill, I'm always looking for new 80s-90s tunes to use to wake-up my 8-year old daughter (she had just turned 4 at my Stage IV diagnosis).  I Saved The World Today was a winner for back-to-school after spring break.  I hope you enjoy it on these first days of the rest of your life as those super-charged cells work their magic.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics