The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

in Nic’s words..

Forums General Melanoma Community in Nic’s words..

Participant

don't be offended folks, Nic never liked a fuss, and previously said when she passed away she wanted us to simply say she karked it. ( She wanted us to add a smiley face there, but I just can't.)

Sadly today, after years of defying the odds, our feisty beautiful and brilliant friend passed away.  As she was setting off home from the hospital last week, her final instructions to us on her blog were  Hooray!! Behave, if you can 🙂 

don't be offended folks, Nic never liked a fuss, and previously said when she passed away she wanted us to simply say she karked it. ( She wanted us to add a smiley face there, but I just can't.)

Sadly today, after years of defying the odds, our feisty beautiful and brilliant friend passed away.  As she was setting off home from the hospital last week, her final instructions to us on her blog were  Hooray!! Behave, if you can 🙂 

RIP Nic love –  I will never forget you, and will forever be grateful to you for being my friend.    linda

Viewing 50 reply threads
    • Replies
        Vermont_Donna
        Participant

Such sad sad news……thanks for sharing.I'll miss her quick wit and sparkling personality.

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Vermont_Donna
          Participant

Such sad sad news……thanks for sharing.I'll miss her quick wit and sparkling personality.

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

KellieSue
            Participant

Oh, I'm so sad to hear of Nic's passing. She had such an awesome personality. Seemed like someone I could get along with in the real world.

Kellie(from Iowa)

KellieSue
              Participant

Oh, I'm so sad to hear of Nic's passing. She had such an awesome personality. Seemed like someone I could get along with in the real world.

Kellie(from Iowa)

JerryfromFauq
                Participant

Linda, I thank you for this horrible news.  NicOz was indeed a fighter and an example to many of us.  I know this will hit LV extra hard as well.  We were both hoping that she would get well enough that she could bring her young daughter to Fla and Disney World.  I have great admiration for her, her attitude and her fighting spirit. She was an amazing survivor for so long I have never heard of anyone surviving so many brain operations for so many re-occurring brain tumors.  I miss her.  I last had contact as she was leaving for the hospital and we exchnged emails.  I know you were very close to her too and am hurting  as we are to.  I think you and LV for being there for her so much.  I know that she appreciated you both very much.

JerryfromFauq

JerryfromFauq
                  Participant

Linda, I thank you for this horrible news.  NicOz was indeed a fighter and an example to many of us.  I know this will hit LV extra hard as well.  We were both hoping that she would get well enough that she could bring her young daughter to Fla and Disney World.  I have great admiration for her, her attitude and her fighting spirit. She was an amazing survivor for so long I have never heard of anyone surviving so many brain operations for so many re-occurring brain tumors.  I miss her.  I last had contact as she was leaving for the hospital and we exchnged emails.  I know you were very close to her too and am hurting  as we are to.  I think you and LV for being there for her so much.  I know that she appreciated you both very much.

JerryfromFauq

KellieSue
                      Participant

Oh, her daughter. She was 6 1/2. Same age as my daughter, so sad for Georgia and Nic's whole family now.

Kellie(from Iowa)

KellieSue
                        Participant

Oh, her daughter. She was 6 1/2. Same age as my daughter, so sad for Georgia and Nic's whole family now.

Kellie(from Iowa)

bcl
                          Participant

Oh Jerry, it's excruciating and so $%&$&*$*& unfair.  I know she was close to many of us- thank you for your kind words. Hugs to you, linda

bcl
                            Participant

Oh Jerry, it's excruciating and so $%&$&*$*& unfair.  I know she was close to many of us- thank you for your kind words. Hugs to you, linda

LV
                            Participant

Linda, thanks for posting this. My mind races, I can't find any words, but that woman was simply a gift!

Love you, Nic.

LV
                              Participant

Linda, thanks for posting this. My mind races, I can't find any words, but that woman was simply a gift!

Love you, Nic.

FormerCaregiver
                                Participant

Sorry to read this very sad news. May Nic rest in peace.

Frank from Australia

deardad
                                    Participant

I have been thinking about Nic and I am very sorry to hear the news. I so admired her determination and candid personality. I never once spoke with her, but her posts always put a smile on my face. I'm so very sad for all that were close with her, especially her family.

deardad
                                      Participant

I have been thinking about Nic and I am very sorry to hear the news. I so admired her determination and candid personality. I never once spoke with her, but her posts always put a smile on my face. I'm so very sad for all that were close with her, especially her family.

FormerCaregiver
                                      Participant

Sorry to read this very sad news. May Nic rest in peace.

Frank from Australia

akls
                                        Participant

I am so sad to read this.  She was a true hero.  Sending prayers to her daughter. 

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                                          Participant

I am so sad to read this.  She was a true hero.  Sending prayers to her daughter. 

Amy S. in Michigan

MariaH
                                            Participant

Such sad news.  I'll miss her fighting spirit and "tell it like it is" posts.  May she fly to the angels, always keeping an eye on those she left behind. 

We'll miss you Nic,

Maria

MariaH
                                              Participant

Such sad news.  I'll miss her fighting spirit and "tell it like it is" posts.  May she fly to the angels, always keeping an eye on those she left behind. 

We'll miss you Nic,

Maria

James from Sydney
                                                Participant

I am so sad to hear the news Linda, i sent her an email a few weeks ago before i went on Holidays with my wife. We only returned today to see this news. I was fortunate to have met Nic, she certainely was'nt afraid to say what was on her mind. She has such a beautiful little girl who i'm sure will grow to know how incredible her Mum was. Rest in peace Nic and i promise you that we will carry on the fight with the Disease as well as keeping those Doctors inline.

James

James from Sydney
                                                  Participant

I am so sad to hear the news Linda, i sent her an email a few weeks ago before i went on Holidays with my wife. We only returned today to see this news. I was fortunate to have met Nic, she certainely was'nt afraid to say what was on her mind. She has such a beautiful little girl who i'm sure will grow to know how incredible her Mum was. Rest in peace Nic and i promise you that we will carry on the fight with the Disease as well as keeping those Doctors inline.

James

Lori C
                                                    Participant

I am so sorry.  Thinking of her little girl and will keep her in my thoughts & prayers.

Lori

Lori C
                                                      Participant

I am so sorry.  Thinking of her little girl and will keep her in my thoughts & prayers.

Lori

lhaley
                                                        Participant

There are no words to explain the spark that Nic lighted under others in her fight.  We will miss you my friend. My heart is broken for G and the rest of her family.

Nic was able to love life even during the her many surgeries and latest treatments. We all need to take a few lessons from her. 

Sending a toast,

Linda

lhaley
                                                          Participant

There are no words to explain the spark that Nic lighted under others in her fight.  We will miss you my friend. My heart is broken for G and the rest of her family.

Nic was able to love life even during the her many surgeries and latest treatments. We all need to take a few lessons from her. 

Sending a toast,

Linda

MichaelFL
                                                            Participant

MEH! She finally got on with it.

RIP

MichaelFL
                                                              Participant

MEH! She finally got on with it.

RIP

LV
                                                                  Participant

Oh Anon, she would love this!

LV
                                                                    Participant

Oh Anon, she would love this!

Tim–MRF

I feel like I have lost a friend.  Nic was an amazing part of this community, and touched many, many people.  She will be sorely missed.

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

I feel like I have lost a friend.  Nic was an amazing part of this community, and touched many, many people.  She will be sorely missed.

Tim–MRF

lovingwifedeb
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          I am truly sadened by this news about Nic as she was one of the first people on this board who reached out to me as my husband’s caregiver. I witnessed her raw emotion and expression which affected everyone here as I read their by their responses to her.
                                                                          Peace and light to her family and especially to her daughter, whose heart now lay shattered before her.

Deb
                                                                          lovingwife to Bob, May 27th
                                                                          Mother, lung cancer, May, 19th

redesign08.blogspot.com

lovingwifedeb
                                                                          Participant
                                                                            I am truly sadened by this news about Nic as she was one of the first people on this board who reached out to me as my husband’s caregiver. I witnessed her raw emotion and expression which affected everyone here as I read their by their responses to her.
                                                                            Peace and light to her family and especially to her daughter, whose heart now lay shattered before her.

Deb
                                                                            lovingwife to Bob, May 27th
                                                                            Mother, lung cancer, May, 19th

redesign08.blogspot.com

KatyWI
                                                                            Participant

I think Nic was cooler than all of us put together.  I will miss her, and I'll never forget how kind and generous she was to me when I was prepping for my craniotomy.

KatyWI

KatyWI
                                                                              Participant

I think Nic was cooler than all of us put together.  I will miss her, and I'll never forget how kind and generous she was to me when I was prepping for my craniotomy.

KatyWI

CarolA
                                                                                Participant

Linda – thank you.   Nic will be remembered in my heart forever –her spunk and humor, her way of telling it,  her way of sharing.   And I cannot help but shed tears over the loss of someone who has touched the lives of so many of us.    I know she is telling God a thing or two!!!   RIP Nic and thoughts and prayers for her family and friends.  

CarolA~Stage III

Amherst, NY  

CarolA
                                                                                  Participant

Linda – thank you.   Nic will be remembered in my heart forever –her spunk and humor, her way of telling it,  her way of sharing.   And I cannot help but shed tears over the loss of someone who has touched the lives of so many of us.    I know she is telling God a thing or two!!!   RIP Nic and thoughts and prayers for her family and friends.  

CarolA~Stage III

Amherst, NY  

benp
                                                                                      Participant

Devestating news. She seemed to be a great fighter. Condolonsces to her family, particularly to her daughter.

Ben.

benp
                                                                                        Participant

Devestating news. She seemed to be a great fighter. Condolonsces to her family, particularly to her daughter.

Ben.

dian in spokane
                                                                                        Participant

horrible, horrible news

dian in spokane
                                                                                          Participant

horrible, horrible news

mombase
                                                                                            Participant

SInce I am pretty much a newbiw on this board, I did not have a lot of interaction with NicOz, but what I did have left a very lasting impression on me. She said to me:

Go kick mel in the goolies!! Hard.  To that, I literally ROFL'd!!

I am saddened to hear that she had a little girl. I am strangely grateful that my daughter is 17. I love her and life so much, but sometimes I hate what is dished out.

RIP, Nic, and a HUGE hug to your sweet little girl.

Cristy, Stage IV

mombase
                                                                                              Participant

SInce I am pretty much a newbiw on this board, I did not have a lot of interaction with NicOz, but what I did have left a very lasting impression on me. She said to me:

Go kick mel in the goolies!! Hard.  To that, I literally ROFL'd!!

I am saddened to hear that she had a little girl. I am strangely grateful that my daughter is 17. I love her and life so much, but sometimes I hate what is dished out.

RIP, Nic, and a HUGE hug to your sweet little girl.

Cristy, Stage IV

Laurie from maine
                                                                                                  Participant

HI,

I am so sorry, such sad sad news.  My heart and prayers go out to her family. 

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                                                                                    Participant

HI,

I am so sorry, such sad sad news.  My heart and prayers go out to her family. 

laurie from maine

boot2aboot
                                                                                                    Participant

well i  am devastated she 'karked' it…noone on this board can motivate like nicole…she was not afraid to speak her mind…honesty is a virture…i am sorely upset to hear this outcome and can only say that now she isn't tortured by treatments…i for one NEEDED her- her courage…her get-on-with-it attitude…i hate this fracking disease

boots

boot2aboot
                                                                                                      Participant

well i  am devastated she 'karked' it…noone on this board can motivate like nicole…she was not afraid to speak her mind…honesty is a virture…i am sorely upset to hear this outcome and can only say that now she isn't tortured by treatments…i for one NEEDED her- her courage…her get-on-with-it attitude…i hate this fracking disease

boots

DebbieH
                                                                                                        Participant

I am so sorry to hear this.  I hate this effing disease, that it can take a loving mom from her family – she sure gave it a good fight though.  I'll miss her in here.  Rest in peace Nic – my thoughts and prayers to all who loved her.

Deb

DebbieH
                                                                                                          Participant

I am so sorry to hear this.  I hate this effing disease, that it can take a loving mom from her family – she sure gave it a good fight though.  I'll miss her in here.  Rest in peace Nic – my thoughts and prayers to all who loved her.

Deb

JuleFL
                                                                                                            Participant

I am very sorry to hear this.  Her posts always made me smile, which was a huge accomplishment on some days.

Jule

JuleFL
                                                                                                              Participant

I am very sorry to hear this.  Her posts always made me smile, which was a huge accomplishment on some days.

Jule

StanN
                                                                                                                Participant

I am very sadden to hear of  this news.Nic will be missed.Condulences to her family,

StanN

StanN
                                                                                                                  Participant

I am very sadden to hear of  this news.Nic will be missed.Condulences to her family,

StanN

EricNJill
                                                                                                                    Participant

I cry reading this.  It's such terrible news.  I prayed she would be one of the lucky ones to beat it.  My heart just breaks for her family.  She was so courageous and I loved her honesty.

Jill in OH/Eric in Heaven

EricNJill
                                                                                                                      Participant

I cry reading this.  It's such terrible news.  I prayed she would be one of the lucky ones to beat it.  My heart just breaks for her family.  She was so courageous and I loved her honesty.

Jill in OH/Eric in Heaven

Jim M.
                                                                                                                        Participant

Nic had such honesty, wit and strength and helped so many people. My sincere condolences. For her family I pray for strength, guidance, and His peace.

Jim M.

Jim M.
                                                                                                                          Participant

Nic had such honesty, wit and strength and helped so many people. My sincere condolences. For her family I pray for strength, guidance, and His peace.

Jim M.

Eehgads
                                                                                                                            Participant

I am so sorry to hear of Nic's passing. I enjoyed her wit, kind banter and support. We have lost a very important member of the Melanoma Community but will continue the fight as Nic would want us to.

Rest in peace Nic, you are now free of Melanoma. We will carry you in our hearts. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. You were one hell of a warrior.

My condolences to her family and friends.

Michele

Eehgads
                                                                                                                              Participant

I am so sorry to hear of Nic's passing. I enjoyed her wit, kind banter and support. We have lost a very important member of the Melanoma Community but will continue the fight as Nic would want us to.

Rest in peace Nic, you are now free of Melanoma. We will carry you in our hearts. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. You were one hell of a warrior.

My condolences to her family and friends.

Michele

Yawn
                                                                                                                                Participant

So fucking heartbreaking.

Yawn
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Yawn
                                                                                                                                    Participant

Viewing 50 reply threads
                                                                                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics