The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

I’m still here

Forums General Melanoma Community I’m still here

Participant

I handed up needing another operation.  I had another drain tube put in to mdrain the fluid from my chest. I am in the ICU waiting to get moved to the floor. I have to get healthy enough to get into the clinical trial.

The good news is that I am healing. There is hope I will win the race and make it into the clinical trial in LA.

– Paul

Viewing 43 reply threads
    • Replies
        rosa1
        Participant

Great to hear from you. You are a truly brave warrior, and you you will win this race. Stay positive, I'll keep praying for you.

Rosa

rosa1
          Participant

Great to hear from you. You are a truly brave warrior, and you you will win this race. Stay positive, I'll keep praying for you.

Rosa

rosa1
            Participant

Rosa

jenny22
              Participant

OH PAUL…………..I am so sorry to hear you needed another procedure….BUT, happy to hear you are healing and still have your fighting spirit…..

Cant wait for you to post and let us know you are startiing the trial.

Feel better and let us know your progress…

LOTS OF GOOD WISHES COMING YOUR WAY !!!!!!!

BEST,

Jenny

jenny22
                Participant

OH PAUL…………..I am so sorry to hear you needed another procedure….BUT, happy to hear you are healing and still have your fighting spirit…..

BEST,

Jenny

jenny22
                  Participant

BEST,

Jenny

Bubbles
                    Participant

Hey Paulster!  The hits may keep coming, but keep knocking them out of the park!!!  Hang in there.  All fingers and toes crossed for you and yours EVERY day!!! love, c

Bubbles
                      Participant

Hey Paulster!  The hits may keep coming, but keep knocking them out of the park!!!  Hang in there.  All fingers and toes crossed for you and yours EVERY day!!! love, c

Bubbles
                        Participant

Linny
                          Participant

Sorry to hear you needed another surgery. But, you are as badass as they come! Now you just need to finish healing up from this and move onto that trial. Hugs and prayers to you from south central PA.

Linny
                            Participant

Sorry to hear you needed another surgery. But, you are as badass as they come! Now you just need to finish healing up from this and move onto that trial. Hugs and prayers to you from south central PA.

Linny
                              Participant

cancersnewnormal
                                Participant

Crossing fingers and toes and legs and anything else that can be tangled! Eventually, this beast is going to realize that you are tougher than it is. Wishing a rapid recovery so you can be off to LA!

cancersnewnormal
                                  Participant

Crossing fingers and toes and legs and anything else that can be tangled! Eventually, this beast is going to realize that you are tougher than it is. Wishing a rapid recovery so you can be off to LA!

cancersnewnormal
                                    Participant

debwray
                                      Participant

Glad you are the other side of the surgery. Hope things go well for LA.  Best wishes for the speediest bounce back ever…

Deb

debwray
                                        Participant

Glad you are the other side of the surgery. Hope things go well for LA.  Best wishes for the speediest bounce back ever…

Deb

debwray
                                          Participant

Deb

jbronicki
                                            Participant

Hi Paul,

So glad you are still here, so many of us out here are rooting for you!  You have multiple fans out here, so hopefully all those good vibes and prayers will get you to the trial shortly!  LA is in your future

Many prayers, thoughts, and smiles coming your way.

jbronicki
                                              Participant

Hi Paul,

So glad you are still here, so many of us out here are rooting for you!  You have multiple fans out here, so hopefully all those good vibes and prayers will get you to the trial shortly!  LA is in your future

jbronicki
                                                Participant

Hi Paul,

Scooby123
                                                  Participant

Great to hear from you Paul. You doing fine Hun will pray for you and get on that trial in LA. Kick Arse xx

scooby

Scooby123
                                                    Participant

Great to hear from you Paul. You doing fine Hun will pray for you and get on that trial in LA. Kick Arse xx

scooby

Scooby123
                                                      Participant

scooby

Patrisa
                                                        Participant

Dear Paul, you have endured so much, i'm sure things will turn for you and you will be on your way to LA in no time… I just know this treatment you are about to receive will be  the magic bullet for you…

Love,

Patrisa

Patrisa
                                                          Participant

Dear Paul, you have endured so much, i'm sure things will turn for you and you will be on your way to LA in no time… I just know this treatment you are about to receive will be  the magic bullet for you…

Love,

Patrisa

Patrisa
                                                            Participant

Love,

Patrisa

casagrayson
                                                              Participant

Keep on keepin' on, Paul!!  We're still here being the cheerleaders.  

casagrayson
                                                                Participant

casagrayson
                                                                  Participant

Jahendry12
                                                                    Participant

Go Paul Go!  Love your attitude! Praying for you 

Jahendry12
                                                                      Participant

Jahendry12
                                                                        Participant

Mark_DC
                                                                          Participant

Hi Paul, you are amazing!!! Hope this operation succeeds, you keep healing, and then on to LA!!

Good luck Mark

Mark_DC
                                                                            Participant

Hi Paul, you are amazing!!! Hope this operation succeeds, you keep healing, and then on to LA!!

Good luck Mark

Corinne
                                                                              Participant

Paul, yes, you are still the man we have come to love and one of the Warriors so many are praying for. 

Corinne and Randy

Corinne
                                                                                Participant

Paul, yes, you are still the man we have come to love and one of the Warriors so many are praying for. 

Corinne and Randy

tschmith
                                                                                  Participant

Paul!  I love the word Hope!  I pray that each day forward you will get stronger and stronger until you're finally strong enough to go to LA.

I'm on your team, Paul!!!

Terrie

tschmith
                                                                                    Participant

Paul!  I love the word Hope!  I pray that each day forward you will get stronger and stronger until you're finally strong enough to go to LA.

I'm on your team, Paul!!!

Terrie

snow white
                                                                                      Participant

You are such a CHAMP!!!!!!!  Keep fighting my friend, you GOT THIS!!!!!!!!  LA is waiting for you 🙂

xo Jen

snow white
                                                                                        Participant

You are such a CHAMP!!!!!!!  Keep fighting my friend, you GOT THIS!!!!!!!!  LA is waiting for you 🙂

xo Jen

maperny
                                                                                          Participant

Keep going, Paul.  You are so strong.

Best wishes

Maria

maperny
                                                                                            Participant

Keep going, Paul.  You are so strong.

Best wishes

Maria

AliCat61
                                                                                              Participant

Paul, my husband and I are praying for you here in the southern part of Alabama. I want to thank you for being thoughtful enough to document your journey with melanoma. I have read through all of your posts as my husband Roy has had a recurrence of melanoma (parotid gland and lungs) and we are desperate for information and hope. From all that I have read you are a fighter!  Keep fighting! So many advances are being made right now in the treatment of melanoma, Every day that you're here brings another chance for a new treatment and maybe even a cure. Stay strong, and thank you again for sharing your story. It is helpful beyond words to people like my husband and myself who are scared and looking for answers. 

Viewing 43 reply threads
                                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics