The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

I’m loosing my dear dad Henry Winkler

Forums General Melanoma Community I’m loosing my dear dad Henry Winkler

Participant

Sorry no news is good news at the moment.

I am loosing my dear dad, he can nearly no longer walk and his right arm is now going numb.

The damm flu has robbed him of sleep for 4 nights and taking away his final quality of life.

I feel ripped off and desperately sad.

I hate melanoma.

Nahmi from Melbourne

Sorry no news is good news at the moment.

I am loosing my dear dad, he can nearly no longer walk and his right arm is now going numb.

The damm flu has robbed him of sleep for 4 nights and taking away his final quality of life.

I feel ripped off and desperately sad.

I hate melanoma.

Nahmi from Melbourne

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

I am so sorry.  The tonght my lost my mom (breast cancer to the brain) I laid in bed and helds her In my arms.  I know she could hear me.  He will know he is there.

hugs,

Linda

lhaley
          Participant

I am so sorry.  The tonght my lost my mom (breast cancer to the brain) I laid in bed and helds her In my arms.  I know she could hear me.  He will know he is there.

hugs,

Linda

deardad
              Participant

Sorry Linda that you lost your mum. It's such a sad time.

My thoughts are with you….

Nahmi

deardad
                Participant

Nahmi

deardad
                  Participant

Nahmi

lhaley
                  Participant

hugs,

Linda

susanr
                    Participant

Nahmi,

I am sorry.  I feel your pain and  pray for both of you.

susanr
                      Participant

Nahmi,

susanr
                        Participant

Nahmi,

FormerCaregiver
                          Participant

Nahmi, I am truly saddened to read this.

A few years ago, my late wife's oncologist admitted that doctors know very little about melanoma. Unfortunately, the situation hasn't changed much since then despite the fact that new treatments continue to be discovered.

You and your dad continue to remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                            Participant

A few years ago, my late wife's oncologist admitted that doctors know very little about melanoma. Unfortunately, the situation hasn't changed much since then despite the fact that new treatments continue to be discovered.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                              Participant

Frank from Australia

deardad
                                  Participant

I just can't let go I suppose…..is it worth Stereotactic radiation surgery on that one met that's causing motor function problems? I have asked the Oncologist anyway. Bit of long shot, just want him to have more time.

Nahmi

deardad
                                    Participant

I just can't let go I suppose…..is it worth Stereotactic radiation surgery on that one met that's causing motor function problems? I have asked the Oncologist anyway. Bit of long shot, just want him to have more time.

Nahmi

FormerCaregiver
                                      Participant

Nahmi, I think that it is worth trying as it could ease symptoms.

Take care

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                        Participant

Take care

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                          Participant

Take care

Frank from Australia

Linny
                                            Participant

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. It's absolutely worth asking about the stereotactic radiation surgery. Prayers and hugs to you both.

Linny
                                              Participant

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. It's absolutely worth asking about the stereotactic radiation surgery. Prayers and hugs to you both.

Linny
                                                Participant

deardad
                                                  Participant

Nahmi

awillett1991
                                                  Participant
                                                    I’m so sorry to hear this. I lost my Dad to Mel 2.5 years ago and was diagnosed stage 3c a month later. Am now battling stage 4. It is an evil disease and I’ve come to accept there is no understanding it most of the time. I will pray for peace for you.
                                                    awillett1991
                                                    Participant
                                                      I’m so sorry to hear this. I lost my Dad to Mel 2.5 years ago and was diagnosed stage 3c a month later. Am now battling stage 4. It is an evil disease and I’ve come to accept there is no understanding it most of the time. I will pray for peace for you.
                                                      awillett1991
                                                      Participant
                                                          deardad
                                                          Participant

Thanks for you kind words, I am sorry you lost your dad and I can't believe you too are now fighting this disease. Stay positive and keep close to this board, it's such a wealth of information and support.

Nahmi

deardad
                                                            Participant

Thanks for you kind words, I am sorry you lost your dad and I can't believe you too are now fighting this disease. Stay positive and keep close to this board, it's such a wealth of information and support.

Nahmi

deardad
                                                              Participant

Nahmi

aldakota22
                                                              Participant

Sorry to hear such sad news.Know that he is loved so much and he knows that.Will keep you both in my prayers.Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
                                                                Participant

Sorry to hear such sad news.Know that he is loved so much and he knows that.Will keep you both in my prayers.Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
                                                                  Participant

gabsound
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      Nahmi,

Sorry to hear this news. Your dad is lucky to have you as a daughter doing all this research and looking out for him.

I hope he has more time, but if not, I hope his passing is free of pain.

I’ve lost both my parents. There is never a good time for that. And you are right, melanoma is an awful disease.

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        Nahmi,

Sorry to hear this news. Your dad is lucky to have you as a daughter doing all this research and looking out for him.

I’ve lost both my parents. There is never a good time for that. And you are right, melanoma is an awful disease.

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          Nahmi,

Julie in Las Vegas

MeNDave
                                                                          Participant

Nahmi,

I am so sorry.  I wish there were words I could say to ease the pain, but there isn't.    I wish there was no such thing as cancer.  And I wish more than anything I could just hug you and tell you everything will be OK…  talk to him and let him know exactly that (even though you feel like it isn't).  Hold his hand, kiss his cheek, and remind him how great of a father he is.  He raised an amazing daughter – you are his legacy.  And he should be so proud.

Hugs to you… and remember, you will get through this.

Maria

MeNDave
                                                                            Participant

Nahmi,

I am so sorry.  I wish there were words I could say to ease the pain, but there isn't.    I wish there was no such thing as cancer.  And I wish more than anything I could just hug you and tell you everything will be OK…  talk to him and let him know exactly that (even though you feel like it isn't).  Hold his hand, kiss his cheek, and remind him how great of a father he is.  He raised an amazing daughter – you are his legacy.  And he should be so proud.

Maria

MeNDave
                                                                              Participant

Nahmi,

Maria

deardad
                                                                                  Participant

You are all wonderful,

Love to all

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                                                                    Participant

You are all wonderful,

Love to all

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                                                                      Participant

You are all wonderful,

Love to all

Nahmi from Melbourne

Amanda123
                                                                                      Participant

Nahmi,

I'm so sorry.  I am in a similar situation.  My husband has melanoma brain mets. He is losing movement in his right side as well.  His personality has changed dramatically and he's become extremely combative.

This is a hard time.  I'm praying for you too.

Amanda.

Amanda123
                                                                                        Participant

Nahmi,

I'm so sorry.  I am in a similar situation.  My husband has melanoma brain mets. He is losing movement in his right side as well.  His personality has changed dramatically and he's become extremely combative.

Amanda.

Amanda123
                                                                                          Participant

Nahmi,

Amanda.

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics