The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Hello Family!

Forums General Melanoma Community Hello Family!

Participant
      Hello ya’all, i hope everyones in good spirits & stable. Boy has it been a terrible month for me, i had my surgery Jan 30th, that was a God send as you know, the pain i endured up til then, unbearable!. But, now that that bitch is gone, my Sigmoid tumor (now 5.7cm) seems to wanna rule the roost & be the next bigshot to cause me grief. I almost tapped out last week to go to the ER, cause up till last Wednesday, i hadnt had a decent bowel movement in over 2 weeks, i tried it all and nothing worked, i even bought the gadget “Squatty Potty” (or is it called “Stool Stool” I forget?) for better bowel movement posture. Finally after munchin pounds of apples, pears i finally went a lil bit all thru the day & ever since. By me not going for so long, it caused SEVERE cyatica (spelling?) nerve pain 24-7…ive lost about 11 or 12 lbs. (USA Weight) in under 25 days, i was at 180 now im at 169, it caused me not to want to eat, but i do look Fab-U Luuuus! I can fit into some cool cloths iv had for years that i didnt wear haha..It was all so terrible..That damn tumor is about 2 inches and the Sigmoid area is the smallest “inner” diameter of the colon at just under 1 inch so, do the math, colon walls can only give very little to alow something to pass and my stupid tumor happens to reside in the Lumens area of the colon wall wich is basicly dead center, smack dab in the middle like a golfball stuck in a pipe!(haha), i knew this day would come if meds didnt work. Surgerys an option but, for Palliative care reasons only, and im fine with that BELIEVE you me!. Ill post a separate post of my Pathology Report on that side tumor they dug out, a growing “Necrotic” beast that dished out pain like it was totally living!! (The UnDead?) , very strange but, i dont wanna ruin the report for you, youll see why it grew…Tomorrows my infuse #2, of the ICOS & OX40 all day adventure. I love you guys, we’ll make it to the finish line one way or the other…..
      Love & Respect,
      SOX-10 Mike
    Viewing 10 reply threads
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant
          HI Mike, a couple of weeks ago I had a camera shoved up my ass and a couple of biopsies taken of colon due to ongoing colitis issues since late Oct. The reason I bring up the topic is to prepare for camera (I have great photo’s bye the way) I had to take an over the counter product to clean things out so the GI doctor could have a good look at walls of colon!!! The product is called Bi-Peg-Lyte and let me tell you, does the stuff work great and cleaning out the insides, I stopped counting the number of trips to the royal throne in the mid twenties, final total had to be closer to 50. At one point I didn’t think it was ever going to stop to even allow me to drive to the endoscope appointment!!! Now of coarse I am not giving you medical advice but off the record and just between you and me no shit has a chance against this stuff, think of the scene in dumb and dumber where the guy is on the toilet after taking laxatives!!! Good to here from you Mike!!!Ed
          lkb
          Participant
            Some people will do anything to get into their favorite pair of old pants! Next time, just…Wow, a terrible month, indeed! Sending love your way.
            Lisa
            JudiAU
            Participant
              Wonderful to hear from you even if you have endured a shit-y week. Hope you get clear soon and that you have a significant reduction in pain.
              chrispl1974
              Participant
                Hi Mike, great to hear from you. Hang in there,

. One battle at a time. You will win this ! Loads of Love and respect

Chris

Linny
                Participant
                  Boy, talk about a mixed bag of news! So happy to hear that the zombie-tumor is gone and that you’re no longer dealing with it. But that Sigmoid fella certainly is a pain in the butt — LITERALLY! Glad to hear that surgery is still an option for that thing. I was so happy to see your posts this morning. Been thinking about you daily and hoping that the surgery went well for you.
                  Bubbles
                  Participant
                    Oh, Mike! Good grief! You HAVE been through a crap time with loads of crap and no crap at all! “Thank God and greyhound she’s gone!” – as far as the cursed tumor on your side is concerned. Hope you can find some relief elsewise very soon! So many of us here think of you daily with all toes and fingers crossed! Hang in there. Love, les
                    jennifer83
                    Participant
                      Love following your story – wishing you the best!
                      jbronicki
                      Participant
                        Just so glad to “hear” your voice! Poop stinks! Lack of Poop stinks even more! I’m so sorry you are going through this. My mom went through something similar during her cancer battle, it was horrendous. Wish we could do more for you, glad Ed suggested a “solution”. I’m sure the Shark Tank appreciates your advertisement of Squatty Potty 🙂 I’m keeping you in my heart and hope for you on your next infuse. Just wish you didn’t have to go through this but love your SOX-10 Mike signature, that made me laugh and much respect to you. Rock on Mike, or Roll On, just hoping for some continued colon movement for you. I’m hoping they can give you something for the sciatica (sp? :)) pain, but i know some of those cause constipation, it’s a never ending circular issue or cascade of confoudning variables! HUGS
                        marta010
                        Participant
                          Wow…that side tumor was a BEAST! Hang in there – thinking of you often!

Ann

sks2019
                          Participant
                            thank you Mike for posting, I have been waiting for your post and praying you were doing ok but knew you must be having a tough time being absent from here.
                            Glad that the big one is out. Wish you good luck and health.
                            MelMel
                            Participant
                              So great to hear from you!! One down and one more to conquer and here is to hoping the sigmoid one would shrink soon. It’s fascinating how our day is successful/fruitful and we are happy when we simply have a bowel movement. Hope you remain pain free and the highway is restored ASAP.
                              Best wishes,
                              Melanie
                          Viewing 10 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics