The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

GSK BRAF 9 Month Scan-METS SHRINKING AWAY

Forums General Melanoma Community GSK BRAF 9 Month Scan-METS SHRINKING AWAY

Participant

Hello-Everyone.  Just want to say my brother Gary is at his 9 month mark on GSK Braf-all METS almost gone.  Even one on his lung.  He has been invited to speak at a group of researches in Nashville-based on his progress.  How is anyone else out there doing on GSK Braf?!  He was asking me to share the good news and see what the progress is of anyone else out there.  Before he went on GSK Braf- Mets were going out of control.  He will continue on – and my best wishes to all – thank you again for any feedback!  Feel free to email direct.

Hello-Everyone.  Just want to say my brother Gary is at his 9 month mark on GSK Braf-all METS almost gone.  Even one on his lung.  He has been invited to speak at a group of researches in Nashville-based on his progress.  How is anyone else out there doing on GSK Braf?!  He was asking me to share the good news and see what the progress is of anyone else out there.  Before he went on GSK Braf- Mets were going out of control.  He will continue on – and my best wishes to all – thank you again for any feedback!  Feel free to email direct.

MrsMarilyn

Sister of Gary (Stage IV)

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Replies
        Jim in Denver
        Participant

Marilyn,

Great news!  Thanks for posting.  The feedback on this trial is very encouraging so far.  Best wishes to Gary, you and your family.  Please let us know how he is doing in the months ahead.

Best,

Jim

Jim in Denver
          Participant

Marilyn,

Great news!  Thanks for posting.  The feedback on this trial is very encouraging so far.  Best wishes to Gary, you and your family.  Please let us know how he is doing in the months ahead.

Best,

Jim

EricNJill
            Participant

Thank God!  We are actually looking into this trial.  This gives us hope!  Thank you for sharing your brother's success story!

Jill N Eric in OH

EricNJill
              Participant

Thank God!  We are actually looking into this trial.  This gives us hope!  Thank you for sharing your brother's success story!

Jill N Eric in OH

himynameiskevin
                Participant

Great News! Makes me feel great to know there are options and positive responces. I'm braf+, I'll definetly be looking into this. Thanks for the update. -Kevin

himynameiskevin
                  Participant

Great News! Makes me feel great to know there are options and positive responces. I'm braf+, I'll definetly be looking into this. Thanks for the update. -Kevin

LBN
                    Participant

Great news! I have been on GSK braf for 6 weeks so far and Mets are shrinking. My leg has 110+ Mets so it may take some time for them go away. I am very excited to hear any news from someone who is one this trial. How were his side effects? My current side effect is a painful case of shingles. They said any dormant virus may work it's way out on this trial and I hope I am not in for any more surprises like this one…but if I am here to complain about I guess things aren't all bad. 

LBN

LBN
                      Participant

Great news! I have been on GSK braf for 6 weeks so far and Mets are shrinking. My leg has 110+ Mets so it may take some time for them go away. I am very excited to hear any news from someone who is one this trial. How were his side effects? My current side effect is a painful case of shingles. They said any dormant virus may work it's way out on this trial and I hope I am not in for any more surprises like this one…but if I am here to complain about I guess things aren't all bad. 

LBN

mrsmarilyn
                        Participant

Thanks for the kind words.  He has no serious side effects-had a flu-like thing going on about the 3rd week with a rash- and it went away very quickly –just like it came on!  But other than that no other side effects!  He is at Nashville Sara Cannon — and I would highly recommend that facility for any interested in targeted treatment.  They have alot of new trials -and my brother seems to think there are open slots or slots opeining up soon.  Worth the trip to Nashville.  Please let me know if you need any more information!  Thanks to GSK and everyone else- so far – its been a miracle!

MrsMarilyn

Sister of Gary (stage IV)

mrsmarilyn
                          Participant

Thanks for the kind words.  He has no serious side effects-had a flu-like thing going on about the 3rd week with a rash- and it went away very quickly –just like it came on!  But other than that no other side effects!  He is at Nashville Sara Cannon — and I would highly recommend that facility for any interested in targeted treatment.  They have alot of new trials -and my brother seems to think there are open slots or slots opeining up soon.  Worth the trip to Nashville.  Please let me know if you need any more information!  Thanks to GSK and everyone else- so far – its been a miracle!

MrsMarilyn

Sister of Gary (stage IV)

LE COENT Rozen
                            Participant

Hi Marilyn,

my daughter Gaëlle (stage IV) started GSK Braf last Friday. Reading your posts gives me so much hope !

Can you tell me how long it took for Gary to really feel the mets were shrinking? Did he see a quick improvement?

All my best wishes to you and Gary. Thank you for sharing the good news.

Rozen (from France)

mrsmarilyn
                                Participant

Hello Rozen & Gaelle!  You are going to do great!  My brother Gary saw reductions within the first month.  You will see drastic reductions each time.  I am so happy for you — and wish the best of luck!  Keep in touch!

He had mets on his lungs – almost gone in nine months!  I will keep you in my thoughts!! and tell Gary you said Hi from France!!!  When you eat at McDonalds — think of Gary — he owns 15!!! 

Talk to you later!!!!

Marilyn

Michigan

USA

LE COENT Rozen
                                  Participant

Hi Marilyn and thank you indeed for your reply. I'm very happy and have forwarded your reply to Gaëlle.

Gaëlle (30 yo) has got mets in her left breast and neck, abdomen, ovaries, vertebrae. She was on Ipi for a while but it didn't work. So she is now one of the 15 French patients on GSK Braf (this is her 4th day) and your answer really gives me a boost.You made my day ! Thanks.
                                    Will keep in touch and tell you how she is. Next check up on Nov. 19.

Say hi to Gary! I wish him all the best.

Happy Halloween to you all in Michigan!    smiley

Rozen

LE COENT Rozen
                                    Participant

Hi Marilyn and thank you indeed for your reply. I'm very happy and have forwarded your reply to Gaëlle.

Gaëlle (30 yo) has got mets in her left breast and neck, abdomen, ovaries, vertebrae. She was on Ipi for a while but it didn't work. So she is now one of the 15 French patients on GSK Braf (this is her 4th day) and your answer really gives me a boost.You made my day ! Thanks.
                                      Will keep in touch and tell you how she is. Next check up on Nov. 19.

Say hi to Gary! I wish him all the best.

Happy Halloween to you all in Michigan!    smiley

Rozen

mrsmarilyn
                                      Participant

Hello Rozen & Gaelle!  You are going to do great!  My brother Gary saw reductions within the first month.  You will see drastic reductions each time.  I am so happy for you — and wish the best of luck!  Keep in touch!

He had mets on his lungs – almost gone in nine months!  I will keep you in my thoughts!! and tell Gary you said Hi from France!!!  When you eat at McDonalds — think of Gary — he owns 15!!! 

Talk to you later!!!!

Marilyn

Michigan

USA

LE COENT Rozen
                                      Participant

Hi Marilyn,

my daughter Gaëlle (stage IV) started GSK Braf last Friday. Reading your posts gives me so much hope !

Can you tell me how long it took for Gary to really feel the mets were shrinking? Did he see a quick improvement?

All my best wishes to you and Gary. Thank you for sharing the good news.

Rozen (from France)

bill58
                                        Participant

Great news.

I am so glad that Gary is responding so well to the BRAF treatment.  I hope things continue to improve and those nasty tumors disappear and never return.

Enjoy your great news and I hope you have many similar scans for years to come.

Bill

bill58
                                          Participant

Great news.

I am so glad that Gary is responding so well to the BRAF treatment.  I hope things continue to improve and those nasty tumors disappear and never return.

Enjoy your great news and I hope you have many similar scans for years to come.

Bill

Viewing 13 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics