The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

From melanoma darling to step child of colon cancer!!!

Forums General Melanoma Community From melanoma darling to step child of colon cancer!!!

• Replies
      Mat
      Participant

Celeste, best wishes for a durable success on your treatment.

Johnjk04
        Participant

Good day Les. Looks like a lot of goods on your report. I definetly agree with you and husband B on starting the chemo. It won't be pleasant but let's knock out any cancer cells that are left, if you still have them. You are a brilliant and marvelous person. All of us rats are so fortunate to have you with us. Eeeeecccck, eeeccck John.

MelanomaMike
          Participant
            You are ALWAYS there for us! We would be selfish NOT to support you!! Like you said, See what Monday brings, my “Monday” will actually be “Tuesday” cuz thats when i see Dr. Yacoub my Lung Surgeon! We will go over the process & most likely set a date…im scared (a little) i just want to get up in there, get my bed, pop an Adavan (or 3),& relax & began all the nurses & Anesthesiologists questions before we go in for the kill! I just wanna wake up & feel what it feels like to be “tampered” with on the insides! I hope little pain, but, small price to pay to get that Mel Monster 5.4cm outta me! It will buy me more time, if it gets any bigger it can really cause some physical problems wich i “think” its already starting to do…
            BillB
            Participant

Good luck Celeste my thoughts and prayers are with you! Please keeps us posted.

Bill

TexMelanomex
              Participant

Celeste,

If I was colon cancer (or any cancer) I'd be damned scared of you! It picked a fight with the wrong gal. You got this, you are the original warrior here as far as I'm concerned and when you step onto that battlefield the enemy will say "Oh shit, she showed up!". Warrior on Bubbles, warrior on!

In my thoughts and prayers!

Tex

gopher38
                Participant

I would have picked the same course of action as you.  Best of luck.

KellyH
                  Participant

Best of luck Celeste!!!!!  Sending positive thoughts your way!!!! 

Kelly 🙂 

Mark_DC
                    Participant

Hi Celeste – I think its a good plan. I like the idea that they will monitor side effects and reduce dosage if you run into problems. Then its worth it to buy the better probabilities. Maybe a little like taking adjuvant ipi for stage III (althouh i screwed that one up!). Its a good plan and you have amazing support (including a little bit from the team (grateful team!) here.

Good luck and hope Monday goes well

Mark

marta010
                      Participant

Thinking of you as you start this new battle. Have no doubt you will be the victor!  Praying for minimal side effects and a successful outcome!

Ann & Larry 

lkb
                        Participant

Wishing you all the best, Celeste–and a helluva party in 2019.

Scooby123
                          Participant
                            Hi my lovely lady, you are a strong lady and will kick cancers butt. I sending my strength your way for extra kick in the butt. Keep us posted. Had my scans Saturday nervous due to set back in July tumour in small intestine but trying to keep positive.

SCOOBY xx

vivian
                              Participant

Celeste, I will be holding you in the light as you go through this, sending you peace and love.  Please keep us posted as you are able – we need you!

Lear

mjanssentx
                              Participant

Wow Celeste…just saw your post.  I have been so busy living life again that I don't come back here often (been 4 years NED since my 3A diagnosis…and as you might remember one of the last folks in the US to have endured a full year of Interferon…amazing to think about how much progress has been made in past 4 years for treatment opitons).  

Your informational and supportive posts were always among my first to read every week.  I wish you equal success in your fight this time.  Never give up…

All the best….Michel

triciad
                                Participant

Celeste,

i don"t often post;however, I've always been impressed by your knowledge and compassion.  The fact you spend so much time helping others on this board speaks volumes to your character.  You will go into this treatment with the cyber hugs and prayers from all of the people on this board.  I will keep you in my daily prayers.  You are one tough cookie, so go and be the warrior we all know you are!  God speed!

Tricia XO

triciad
                                  Participant

Celeste,

i don"t often post;however, I've always been impressed by your knowledge and compassion.  The fact you spend so much time helping others on this board speaks volumes to your character.  You will go into this treatment with the cyber hugs and prayers from all of the people on this board.  I will keep you in my daily prayers.  You are one tough cookie, so go and be the warrior we all know you are!  God speed!

Tricia XO

GeoTony
                                    Participant

Good luck Celeste, looks like a plan…..

Jubes
                                      Participant

Keep us posted Celeste. We’ll be thinking of you and sending lots of love and hoping for no side effects and good recovery love

anne-Louise xx

Joycem
                                        Participant

You are in the thoughts and prayers of the many many you have helped today. Blessings. 

HeidiZ
                                            Participant

Thinking of you today and wishing you an easy go on the treatments and side effects.  Thanks for all that you do for everyone here, you're a wealth of information and a beautiful good hearted person.  I look forward to reading updates on your blog.  Wishing you only the best! Heidi

NSNewf
                                            Participant

Hey Celeste sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. I am wishing you a speedy recovery. 

mary1233
                                              Participant

Hello Celeste- You are such a light of hope to so many frightened people on this site.

I just want to share my experience with adjuvant chemo. I was diagnosed six years ago with mucosal melanoma that, like you, was able to be completely removed. They gave me a chemo combo for those "invisible" traces and because recurrence was common. The chemo was based on a single trial of fewer than 100 people in China and the oncologist actually said that they had no idea if it worked or not – it was just something that some doctors were trying without scientific proof. But it was really good for me because I was fighting the cancer instead of sitting back and hoping for the best. And although no one can prove it, it may have something to do with me being NED still.

My best to you.

Mary

cancersnewnormal
                                                Participant

"perverse tenacity"….. yaaaaaass! 🙂 Hope all goes/went well today. Keep swinging!

maperny
                                                  Participant

Hi Celeste,

Good luck with the next 3 months!  You’ve got this and will, of course, come out swinging.

Maria

VinceMart
                                                    Participant

Best wishes Celeste, stay strong.  You are in my prayers.

Vince

Maureen038
                                                        Participant

Celeste,

I took a week off of the board so I just saw this. I hope your first infusion went well and the side effects are minimal. It sucks that you have to do this, but I understand. I would do the same. You are an unbelievable fighter and you have such a wonderful spirit! I will be thinking of you and b. Please update soon so we know how you are doing. Take care!

big hugs,

Maureen

jenny22
                                                        Participant

Hi Celeste-

So sorry you had to navigate another course, with so little data….though I too feel like it is the right move to proceed with the chemo.

Keeping my fingers crossed for minimal  side efffects….and maximum benefit.

Please keep us posted.  All good thoughts coming your way!

best,

jenny

Patrisa
                                                          Participant

Dear Celeste,

once again you are pioneering and I would always bet on whatever you decide! You are the fiercest lady out there and I strongly believe you will once again come out of it as a champion!

Sending prayers and love your way,

Patrisa

DZnDef
                                                            Participant

Bubbles!  Very sorry to learn you are now dealing with a second type of cancer.  Kick this one to the curb just like melanoma!  Your treatments sound sucky.  Very impressive how you are maintaining your sense of humor.  Pumpkins look great!  Hope your treatments go easier on you.  I and so many others appreciate your willingness to share details of your experience so anyone that might need the same has an idea what to expect,  take good care of yourself.

Cheers!

Maggie

jbronicki
                                                              Participant

I've been struggling with even writing anything Celeste. We've never met but you are my advocacy hero, I would take you with me to every appointment my husband or I ever had/have if I could, you are that good.  I just recently popped up on the board again, so didn't even realize you were dealing with another form of cancer.  I actually started researching the disease and then realized, this is Celeste!  She can research the hell out of it.    I've been reading your blog to keep up with how you are doing.  Quite simply:  WE NEED YOU and LOVE YOU.  You are the best and my heart hurts to think you have to deal with this now.  Many many hugs

Viewing 25 reply threads
                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics