The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Finally NED

Forums General Melanoma Community Finally NED

Participant
      Hello all. I have been part of this community for nearly 7 yrs. I was diagnosed in June 2010..seems like a lifetime ago. Several months back I came here looking for advise as to what my next step with Keytruda should be. Had been on it for a yr and a half, same spot, the entire 7 yrs, next to my aorta just wouldn’t go away. Some of you suggested radiation with the Keytruda. I went back to my Dr. and fought for it. 5 days a week for 6 weeks I drove 2 hours to Moffitt for a 3 min procedure. In April it as smaller but still there. July 6th I went back for more scans and the words I have been waiting for years to hear where finally said..No Evidence of diesease. I have imagined that conversation so many times over the yrs, never once did I think it would be so emotional. Even mow I am tearing up. It has been such a crazy journey but I want people to know that while I know not everyone’s outcome is the same as mine, never give up the fight. They have done so many amazing things with this diesease and continue to do more every day. I can’t believe I am finally NED, I will be doing a happy dance for a very along time.
    Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        sgreenberg
        Participant

Congratulations! Enjoy the moment!

Fen
          Participant

Wonderful news!  Celebrate.

marta010
            Participant

Congratulations on the wonderful news!

jennunicorn
              Participant

Congrats! Keep on happy dancing 🙂

jenny22
                Participant

Doesnt get any better than that….congratulations. Enjoy such wonderful news.

Scooby123
                  Participant

Congratulations too you so pleased and lovely to here that with pushing for treatment it does pay off . Enjoy many years free.

Scooby❤️

Patrisa
                    Participant

Your singnature rocks and so do you!! Hope you stay NED forever!

Patrisa

Casitas1
                      Participant

Way to go!

sister of patient
                        Participant

Such great news – the best!!! Congratulations!! 🙂

Barb

Mat
                          Participant

Awesome!

dodgedh2
                            Participant

Congratulation! Welcome to the club.

AliCat61
                              Participant

So happy for you! Congratulations! Go out and celebrate big!

Viewing 11 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics