The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Complete responder to Ipi 6 months now!

Forums General Melanoma Community Complete responder to Ipi 6 months now!

Participant

Hi folks,

Hi folks,

I am back to work as of 8/15 full time and feeling great. I just had a complete oncology checkup and dermatology visit also (just happened to be a week apart, usually I stagger each appt a bit further apart). Anyways, I had noticed a blue spot three weeks previous to my derm appt right below my knee on my right leg, where all the melanoma has been. It was removed in a punch biospy and was black below the skin line…I was quite dismayed as was my dermatologist as in this exact spot I have had two melanoma intransit mets removed several years ago and they looked just like this tissue sample. But on Monday, my first day of work, I got the following news. YOU ARE STILL A COMPLETE RESPONDER and here is the actual PATHOLOGY report….basically it was explained to me that my body's immune system is working to attack melanoma…thats the Ipi! I remain a complete responder!!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED

Pathology report:

A – There are numerous macrophages containing coarse melanin pigment
      (melanophages) within the deep dermis and scar. These cells have the
      histologic appearance of melanophages, strongly express CD68, and are
      negative for MART-1. In this patient with known metastatic melanoma, the
      findings are consistent with a regressed site of melanoma. Multiple
      additional sections were examined and melanoma cells are not identified.
      Prior biopsies SD09-26017 and SD10-14908 were correlated.
      Interestingly, normal melanocytes are not identified in the epidermis on
      MART-1 stain, and this result is duplicated on a repeat MART-1 stain. This
      apparent absence of MART-1 staining normal melanocytes in the epidermis is
      not understood. Possible explanations include regression of normal
      melanocytes, a vitiligo-like response, and effect of prior radiation.

Viewing 29 reply threads
    • Replies
        BonnieLea
        Participant

Oh YAAAAAAAAAAAA Donna, keep on with the good stuffs. 

BonnieLea
          Participant

Oh YAAAAAAAAAAAA Donna, keep on with the good stuffs. 

Gene_S
            Participant

wtg Donna………  It is great news so glad to hear you are doing so well.

Judy and Gene

Gene_S
              Participant

wtg Donna………  It is great news so glad to hear you are doing so well.

Judy and Gene

Fen
                Participant

Absolutely wonderful!   Congrats.

Fen

Fen
                  Participant

Absolutely wonderful!   Congrats.

Fen

akls
                    Participant

Donna,

This is just wonderful news!!  How encouraging!  I'm so glad it's working for you.

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                      Participant

Donna,

This is just wonderful news!!  How encouraging!  I'm so glad it's working for you.

Amy S. in Michigan

triciad
                        Participant

Donna,

You have been through so much…I am so happy to hear this good news!  "Complete responser" is music to my ears.  Contratulations and continued good fortune.  Please make sure to go out and celebrate this wonderful news…and have a drink for me!!!!

Please keep us posted…BTW – any white hair?  I remember reading something about this.

Tricia

Vermont_Donna
                            Participant

hi Tricia…nope, no white hair! And I am 56 and have no gray either!

Vermont_Donna

Vermont_Donna
                              Participant

hi Tricia…nope, no white hair! And I am 56 and have no gray either!

Vermont_Donna

triciad
                              Participant

Donna,

You have been through so much…I am so happy to hear this good news!  "Complete responser" is music to my ears.  Contratulations and continued good fortune.  Please make sure to go out and celebrate this wonderful news…and have a drink for me!!!!

Please keep us posted…BTW – any white hair?  I remember reading something about this.

Tricia

bs010kbb
                                Participant

Donna, this is wonderful news! I'm so happy to hear of your response – continued blessings to you.

bs010kbb
                                  Participant

Donna, this is wonderful news! I'm so happy to hear of your response – continued blessings to you.

bs010kbb
                                    Participant

bs010kbb
                                      Participant

James from Sydney
                                        Participant

Wonderful news Donna good to hear more good Ippi stories!

best wishes

James

James from Sydney
                                          Participant

Wonderful news Donna good to hear more good Ippi stories!

best wishes

James

lhaley
                                            Participant

That is wonderful news! 

Enjoy being back to work. Just don't let the stress get to you and remember that each day is special.

Linda

lhaley
                                              Participant

That is wonderful news! 

Enjoy being back to work. Just don't let the stress get to you and remember that each day is special.

Linda

FormerCaregiver
                                                Participant

This is really wonderful news! Ipi was just what your immune system needed!

Best wishes

Frank from Australia

NYKaren
                                                    Participant

That's amazing news, Donna.  I'm happy for you.

be WELL,

karen

NYKaren
                                                      Participant

That's amazing news, Donna.  I'm happy for you.

be WELL,

karen

FormerCaregiver
                                                      Participant

This is really wonderful news! Ipi was just what your immune system needed!

Best wishes

Frank from Australia

King
                                                        Participant

Awesome news, Donna!  What a difference 6 months makes.  So happy to read this.

Stay Strong
                                                          King

Stage IV  7/05 Liver mets

King
                                                          Participant

Awesome news, Donna!  What a difference 6 months makes.  So happy to read this.

Stay Strong
                                                            King

Stage IV  7/05 Liver mets

KatyWI
                                                            Participant

Happy happy news!  NED is good, but NED and back and work AND feeling great is sublime!

KatyWI

Laurie from maine
                                                                Participant

Donna,

I had wondered how you were doing, thanks for posting!  YEAH!! you must be soo thrilled.

yeah!!

take care

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                                                  Participant

Donna,

I had wondered how you were doing, thanks for posting!  YEAH!! you must be soo thrilled.

yeah!!

take care

laurie from maine

KatyWI
                                                                  Participant

Happy happy news!  NED is good, but NED and back and work AND feeling great is sublime!

KatyWI

shellebrownies
                                                                    Participant

Donna,

That's fantastic news! I am so happy for you!

Michelle, wife of Don

shellebrownies
                                                                      Participant

Donna,

That's fantastic news! I am so happy for you!

Michelle, wife of Don

gabsound
                                                                        Participant

Donna,

I am so HAPPY for you! This news gives many of us hope.

Thanks for sharing,

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                                                                          Participant

Donna,

I am so HAPPY for you! This news gives many of us hope.

Thanks for sharing,

Julie in Las Vegas

deirgey
                                                                            Participant

Great news Donna!!   Congrats!!!

Deidre (father Stage IV)

deirgey
                                                                              Participant

Great news Donna!!   Congrats!!!

Deidre (father Stage IV)

Viewing 29 reply threads
                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics