The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Cal Has Been Awarded His Last Set of Wings

Forums General Melanoma Community Cal Has Been Awarded His Last Set of Wings

Participant

My sweet husband, Cal, a former Navy and airline pilot, is now flying in Heaven.  I thank all of you for the information and inspiration that we have received over the last 10 months of this grueling journey.  I wish all of you hope, love and healing.

JuleFL (Cal's loving wife)

My sweet husband, Cal, a former Navy and airline pilot, is now flying in Heaven.  I thank all of you for the information and inspiration that we have received over the last 10 months of this grueling journey.  I wish all of you hope, love and healing.

JuleFL (Cal's loving wife)

Viewing 55 reply threads
    • Replies
        Jill and Eric in Fl
        Participant

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I am at a loss for words, may you find peace and may the memories of your life together help you through this difficult time.

Jill

Jill and Eric in Fl
          Participant

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I am at a loss for words, may you find peace and may the memories of your life together help you through this difficult time.

Jill

bill58
            Participant

Jule,

My condolences on your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I appreciate your involvement with this board and your responses to my postings over the past few months.

Cal can look down on all of us and give us the strength to make it through our journey with this beast.

Bill

bill58
              Participant

Jule,

My condolences on your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I appreciate your involvement with this board and your responses to my postings over the past few months.

Cal can look down on all of us and give us the strength to make it through our journey with this beast.

Bill

ValinMtl
                Participant

Deepest sympathies Jule.  Cal is now free of this monster.  In my thoughts and prayers, Val xx

ValinMtl
                  Participant

Deepest sympathies Jule.  Cal is now free of this monster.  In my thoughts and prayers, Val xx

Cate
                    Participant

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I hate this disease.  I'll be sending thoughts and prayers your way.

Cate
                      Participant

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I hate this disease.  I'll be sending thoughts and prayers your way.

IrishBama
                        Participant

I'm so sorry for your loss.  This disease is relentless and takes loved ones from us much too soon.  My prayers go out to your and your family.

IrishBama
                          Participant

I'm so sorry for your loss.  This disease is relentless and takes loved ones from us much too soon.  My prayers go out to your and your family.

Brandi
                            Participant

I am so sorry for your loss. God bless you and your family during this difficult time.

Brandi

Joyce
                                Participant

You are in our thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry.

joyce from MA

Joyce
                                  Participant

You are in our thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry.

joyce from MA

Brandi
                                  Participant

I am so sorry for your loss. God bless you and your family during this difficult time.

Brandi

Bonnie Lea
                                    Participant

Deepest condolences and thoughts that now Cal is free to fly.   God Bless you and your family throughout and always this time.

Bonnie Lea

Bonnie Lea
                                      Participant

Deepest condolences and thoughts that now Cal is free to fly.   God Bless you and your family throughout and always this time.

Bonnie Lea

Rocklove
                                        Participant

I'm so so sorry Jule about Cal.

Melanoma is just not fair.

Our thoughts and prayers for you and family.

Rocky (Stage IV Liver Mets)

Rocklove
                                          Participant

I'm so so sorry Jule about Cal.

Melanoma is just not fair.

Our thoughts and prayers for you and family.

Rocky (Stage IV Liver Mets)

King
                                            Participant

Jule,

i offer my sympathy in the loss of your husband, Cal.  You've been such an asset to MPIP.  I hope the memories of your life together will give you peace.

Stay Strong

King (FL)

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                                              Participant

Jule,

i offer my sympathy in the loss of your husband, Cal.  You've been such an asset to MPIP.  I hope the memories of your life together will give you peace.

Stay Strong

King (FL)

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Linda/Kentucky
                                                Participant

Oh Jule I was so afraid of that  when you had not responded to my e-mail.  I can't even begin to tell you how I am feeling right now especially knowing the pain your going through.  I can say it has been a great blessing exchanging  e-mails and leaning on each other for support through this Ipi trial.  My prayer is that God will give you grace to get through this.  I know I will be wearing your shoes at some point and time.  We just don't know when.  Please take care and continue to e-mail me from time to time. 

Linda/Kentucky

Linda/Kentucky
                                                  Participant

Oh Jule I was so afraid of that  when you had not responded to my e-mail.  I can't even begin to tell you how I am feeling right now especially knowing the pain your going through.  I can say it has been a great blessing exchanging  e-mails and leaning on each other for support through this Ipi trial.  My prayer is that God will give you grace to get through this.  I know I will be wearing your shoes at some point and time.  We just don't know when.  Please take care and continue to e-mail me from time to time. 

Linda/Kentucky

bcforce
                                                    Participant

Jule,

There aren't words to use… my condolences to you and your family. 

Bob (in Visalia)

bcforce
                                                      Participant

Jule,

There aren't words to use… my condolences to you and your family. 

Bob (in Visalia)

yensidw
                                                        Participant

Jule,

I am so sorry for your loss. I too lost my husband to this beast in August.  If you need someone to talk to I am available any time.  My prayers are with you.

Janis

yensidw
                                                          Participant

Jule,

I am so sorry for your loss. I too lost my husband to this beast in August.  If you need someone to talk to I am available any time.  My prayers are with you.

Janis

Fen
                                                            Participant

My deepest sympathy, Jule.  I'm so sorry for your loss and will keep you and your family in my prayers.   Fen

Fen
                                                              Participant

My deepest sympathy, Jule.  I'm so sorry for your loss and will keep you and your family in my prayers.   Fen

Dear Jule,

I am so sorry for your loss.  My love and prayers reach out over the oceans to you. 

May you find peace in the knowing that Cal is home now.

With love,

Shelly

Dear Jule,

I am so sorry for your loss.  My love and prayers reach out over the oceans to you. 

May you find peace in the knowing that Cal is home now.

With love,

Shelly

BethA in VA
                                                                Participant

I am very sorry for your loss.  Cal was lucky to have you for his Angel here on Earth to take care of him.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  BethA in VA  3/B

BethA in VA
                                                                  Participant

I am very sorry for your loss.  Cal was lucky to have you for his Angel here on Earth to take care of him.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  BethA in VA  3/B

MaryD
                                                                    Participant

I am so sorry for your loss – it is a heartbreaking journey.  May you find peace in knowing Cal is with the angels and will be in your heart and watching over you always.

Prayers for your and your family .. .

Mary

MaryD
                                                                      Participant

I am so sorry for your loss – it is a heartbreaking journey.  May you find peace in knowing Cal is with the angels and will be in your heart and watching over you always.

Prayers for your and your family .. .

Mary

Jim M.
                                                                        Participant

Jule,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. You're right, he's in heaven. My first wife has been in heaven for 18 years, from a car crash. She was 37 and our kids were 4 and 2 at the time. I remember I think you live in Ft. Myers. My wife and I live in LaBelle. We're in Ft. Myers alot since there's not much you can buy in LaBelle. We'd love to take you out to eat. My email is [email protected]

I'll pray for strength, guidance and His peace for you during this time.

God Bless,

Jim M.

JuleFL
                                                                            Participant

Thank you, Jim.  I will contact you after things settle down a little.

JuleFL
                                                                              Participant

Thank you, Jim.  I will contact you after things settle down a little.

Jim M.
                                                                              Participant

Jule,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. You're right, he's in heaven. My first wife has been in heaven for 18 years, from a car crash. She was 37 and our kids were 4 and 2 at the time. I remember I think you live in Ft. Myers. My wife and I live in LaBelle. We're in Ft. Myers alot since there's not much you can buy in LaBelle. We'd love to take you out to eat. My email is [email protected]

I'll pray for strength, guidance and His peace for you during this time.

God Bless,

Jim M.

Lori C
                                                                                Participant

I am so sorry for your loss.  May his memory be a blessing.  May you be surrounded by the love of friends, family, and the spirit of your beloved one, and comforted.

Lori C
                                                                                  Participant

I am so sorry for your loss.  May his memory be a blessing.  May you be surrounded by the love of friends, family, and the spirit of your beloved one, and comforted.

Diana2
                                                                                    Participant

JuleFL, I'm so sorry to hear about Cal. My thoughts and prayers are with you. He was an amazing fighter & you must be very proud of him. I so admire your own bravery & courage during this incredible journey. Not easy at all. I wish you peace & comfort and please know that we're here for you. Take care, Diana (husband, Steve) 

Diana2
                                                                                      Participant

JuleFL, I'm so sorry to hear about Cal. My thoughts and prayers are with you. He was an amazing fighter & you must be very proud of him. I so admire your own bravery & courage during this incredible journey. Not easy at all. I wish you peace & comfort and please know that we're here for you. Take care, Diana (husband, Steve) 

nj-Mark
                                                                                        Participant

Julie, I'm so sorry for your loss      

nj-Mark
                                                                                          Participant

Julie, I'm so sorry for your loss      

lhaley
                                                                                            Participant

I am so sorry for your loss.

Linda

lhaley
                                                                                              Participant

I am so sorry for your loss.

Linda

MariaH
                                                                                                Participant

May he soar high with the angels, and you someday find peace with his memories. I am so sorry for your loss.

MariaH
                                                                                                  Participant

May he soar high with the angels, and you someday find peace with his memories. I am so sorry for your loss.

JuleFL
                                                                                                    Participant

Thank you for all your kind words.  It truly is comforting.

Jule (Cal's wife)

JuleFL
                                                                                                      Participant

Thank you for all your kind words.  It truly is comforting.

Jule (Cal's wife)

Sherron
                                                                                                        Participant

Julie,

I am so sorry for your loss.  May God give you the peace and comfort you need at this time.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim

Sherron
                                                                                                          Participant

Julie,

I am so sorry for your loss.  May God give you the peace and comfort you need at this time.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim

TinaR
                                                                                                            Participant

Jule,

I'm so sorry for your loss. My husband is also a former Navy pilot and airline pilot. The doctor told us that this disease strikes pilots frequently and we've know quite a few who have lost their battle with Melanoma- I'm so sorry that Cal was taken by this horrible disease. Your loss is devastating and I wish you peace and comfort at this time.

Roxanne

TinaR
                                                                                                              Participant

Jule,

I'm so sorry for your loss. My husband is also a former Navy pilot and airline pilot. The doctor told us that this disease strikes pilots frequently and we've know quite a few who have lost their battle with Melanoma- I'm so sorry that Cal was taken by this horrible disease. Your loss is devastating and I wish you peace and comfort at this time.

Roxanne

Bleu
                                                                                                                Participant

I am so sorry you lost your dear, sweet husband.   May God bless you and your family and give you peace during this sad time.

Bleu
                                                                                                                  Participant

I am so sorry you lost your dear, sweet husband.   May God bless you and your family and give you peace during this sad time.

babybluiz
                                                                                                                    Participant

Jule,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It is not easy losing a loved one especially your husband. I lost mine a little over 4 months ago So I know some of the pain you are going through right now. If you ever need someone to talk to you I would love to be there for ya. I will email you my contact information. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all your family. Take care

Laura

babybluiz
                                                                                                                      Participant

Jule,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It is not easy losing a loved one especially your husband. I lost mine a little over 4 months ago So I know some of the pain you are going through right now. If you ever need someone to talk to you I would love to be there for ya. I will email you my contact information. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all your family. Take care

Laura

JoanR
                                                                                                                        Participant

Dear Julie, I am so sorry to hear of Cal's passing. I know you will be comforted knowing you had such a big part helping Cal fight this miserable beast. I lost my dear Ron to the beast almost 10 years ago, and the pain comes back everytime I see another strong ,productive person has become a victim. Please feel free to make contact in the future. The next while will be difficult, and then you will have to start building a new and different life, take good care of yourself..and never feel guilty or selfish doing it. Love to you…Joan

JoanR
                                                                                                                          Participant

Dear Julie, I am so sorry to hear of Cal's passing. I know you will be comforted knowing you had such a big part helping Cal fight this miserable beast. I lost my dear Ron to the beast almost 10 years ago, and the pain comes back everytime I see another strong ,productive person has become a victim. Please feel free to make contact in the future. The next while will be difficult, and then you will have to start building a new and different life, take good care of yourself..and never feel guilty or selfish doing it. Love to you…Joan

Viewing 55 reply threads
                                                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics